PDA

View Full Version : (GTA IV Spoilers Inside) The "Kate Glitch"

p0lar_bear
May 21st, 2008, 03:51 AM
So uh, I beat the game and chose the Revenge ending. Kate is no longer in my phone book, obviously as she should be dead.

I met Mrs. Faustin on Firefly island and did her mission. I had actually @#$%ed it up once before and killed the guy (used a counterattack) instead of punching his lights out, so I went back and did it again right. I was bowling in a frustratingly fleeting attempt to pick up the Gobble Gobble achievement (three strikes in a row >.<), and when I finished, I recieved a call from an Unknown Caller. I picked it up, expecting it to be Mrs. Faustin, but instead, I was greeted with."I WAS HOPING YOU'D BE DEAD... want to go out and do anything?"

Kate was calling me from beyond the grave. o_o

I agreed and picked her up to go out drinking. It was a normal date, and her fondness level went up afterwards.

So later I was wandering around Dukes looking for pigeons, and I get another call from an Unknown Caller. It was Kate again, asking to go out on a date.

Now, I think I should mention that, before the wedding, Kate asked to go on a date. Shortly after I agreed, she called to ask for me to pick her up. This superceded the date, as it was a forced story mission, so halfway to the chapel, the game tells me that I was too late, date canceled, and I have a feeling this is what triggered it. I only dated Kate once besides the one mission where Packie asks you to do it, so her fondness level was at about 85 or so.

Has anyone else gotten this glitch after choosing the Revenge path? If so, does your scenario match mine? Please do not vote if you had chosen the Deal path.

Kornman00
May 21st, 2008, 09:43 AM
Does she at least let you come in for hot coffee now that shes a zombie :awesome:?

No, I haven't encountered this...yet

p0lar_bear
May 21st, 2008, 03:12 PM
Does she at least let you come in for hot coffee now that shes a zombie :awesome:?

No, I haven't encountered this...yet

Nope, she still shoots you down. :saddowns:

FireDragon04
May 21st, 2008, 04:55 PM
This happened with me.
I managed to get her likeness level of me up to 100 and we had some *good times* but then she got killed :(...
BUT...then she calls me after i finish the game and we get it on...once again.... Niko and his Zombie Fetishtm.