PDA

View Full Version : Dazzle 170/Studio 10/Vegas Problems

Gamerkd16
July 14th, 2008, 03:09 PM
I recently bought the Dazzle Video Creator Platinum (Dazzle 170). Everything installed fine and it works correctly. The only one problem I have with it is the software you are forced to use with it. Studio 10 seems like a great capturing program except for it's small preview window. I am going to use Dazzle to capture X box games and I need a large screen so I can actually play on it. Is there someway to possibly preview it on a large screen? A new plug in, a hidden option, an external app, something. I really can't deal with this.
Another problem I am having is with it's compatibility with Vegas. I had Dazzle 80 before and I used the capturing software of Vegas 8.0 to record it in full screen. It was nice. Now I try to do the same thing with Dazzle 170 and I get this error:
"Dazzle is not opened or being used by another process."
How do I fix this error? I'd rather record with Vegas than this freebie program "Studio 10". I assume that Dazzle is being used in the background by Studio 10 which is why Vegas can't access it. Should I uninstall Studio 10? Will that end the process and let Vegas use it? I really do want some options here. Being forced to use their software only is aggravating and it makes me just want to take back the product. Please help. Any suggestions at all are appreciated.

InnerGoat
July 14th, 2008, 05:16 PM
You're not being forced to use studio 10. If you want to have it full screen, most of the PVR software out there works well, and those can record.

Con
July 14th, 2008, 05:36 PM
Don't those dazzle's use composite input? That's not HD at all is it?

InnerGoat
July 14th, 2008, 05:55 PM
Yeah, its not HD.

Gamerkd16
July 14th, 2008, 06:10 PM
If you want to have it full screen, most of the PVR software out there works well, and those can record.

Could you name some of the good ones?
Obviously vegas doesn't work.

Con
July 14th, 2008, 06:48 PM
Yeah, its not HD.
what's the HD alternative, those things can come with component right?

InnerGoat
July 14th, 2008, 07:31 PM
Could you name some of the good ones?
Obviously vegas doesn't work.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_PVR_software_packages

Something in there is sure to work. I found it easier to record the xbox with a multiple output cable. Svideo/audio to the dazzle, composite to the TV and record with WME.

what's the HD alternative, those things can come with component right?Component ones are uncommon and expensive. http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/howto/articles/capturingforhd.aspx

There are HDMI video capture cards out there for cheap if you're interested.