PDA

View Full Version : [WIP]H3MT Narrows Video

HDoan
August 6th, 2008, 02:24 PM
A small video of a beta test people in H3MT were playing, some obvious bugs like gross portals and such.
52aCIHucn9U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52aCIHucn9U

Members:
HDoan: Leader, animator,weapon modeler, HUD person, texturer
Rooster: Bsp modeler
NuggetWarmer: weapon modeler, bsp modeler, vehicle modeler, biped modeler
Ki11a_FTW: Vehicle expert
Fear: bsp modeler
Josh: bsp modeler
CLS Grunt: Bsp modeler
Invader Veex: Texturer
Chainsy: Texturer
Maniac: Bsp texturer
CSFloyd: Weapon modeler
Arbiter100: Scenery modeler
Disaster: Bsp modeler

Credits for outside of the team:
Bungie for the music
Bungie for the sounds
Bungie for temperary spartan model
Dane and bungie for bsp textures
Masterz for the damage indicator
Polar_bear for some scopes
Chocking Victem and CtrlAltDestr0y for all the help they gave me and the team
SonicXtr3m3 for recording and editing the video

ultama121
August 6th, 2008, 02:39 PM
Besides some inaccuracies and bugs, it looks nice. :)

Choking Victim
August 6th, 2008, 03:12 PM
Choking Victim*

jngrow
August 6th, 2008, 03:16 PM
Some of the textures are really bland and "smushy". Overall, I'm impressed, thats a lot of work that went into that. The spartan model really impressed me.

HDoan
August 6th, 2008, 03:21 PM
Some of the textures are really bland and "smushy". Overall, I'm impressed, thats a lot of work that went into that. The spartan model really impressed me.
Thats bungies model until nugget finished ours xD actually he finished after we all tested.
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u27/foxymccloud/Modeling/MCfinal.jpg

Heathen
August 6th, 2008, 03:27 PM
Floor textures are god awful. Too spotty.
Hands on the AR are goofy. The fingers are pointing straight.
The lighting is off but I'm sure you knew that.
Nothing done to the needler?
And isn't there a better way to do equiptment? I hate the break in the action to throw it down as a weapon.

HDoan
August 6th, 2008, 03:29 PM
Floor textures are god awful. Too spotty.
Hands on the AR are goofy. The fingers are pointing straight.
The lighting is off but I'm sure you knew that.
Nothing done to the needler?
And isn't there a better way to do equiptment? I hate the break in the action to throw it down as a weapon.
Well for equipment, Ki11a whipped us up a script that us activated by flashlight, but it didn't sync once someone joined while someone else had it.

teh lag
August 6th, 2008, 03:30 PM
Please slap the person who made the grenade throwing animations I just saw.

Also, I don't get why you would keep cutting back to a biped that's ripped and will be replaced (and doesn't even have proper finger positioning.)

Since this is a wip and I don't know what's going to be replaced, I'm not sure what else a comment would be valid for. I will say this :

- Skins, as said before, need a lot of work.
- Animations need more than a lot of work
- Much of this looks thrown-together and unpolished. Ex : 2 bubble shields dropping at once.

Rentafence
August 6th, 2008, 03:31 PM
Weapon models and animations don't look that good tbh. Same with the MC biped. I think you should just keep the classic weapons and MC. Textures on the level itself look pretty flat and bland too.

DaneO'Roo
August 6th, 2008, 03:34 PM
Wait, why am I credited for textures. I never contributed anything...

HDoan
August 6th, 2008, 03:36 PM
Wait, why am I credited for textures. I never contributed anything...
The floor and one of the wall textures.

Roostervier
August 6th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Animations need loads of work, as do the textures, and the lighting of the map. The models are at least semi-decent from what I can tell.

PopeAK49
August 6th, 2008, 03:51 PM
To bad the gameplay doesnt flow like in halo 3, but if you guys make it flow like halo 3 then it would be awsome.

Heathen
August 6th, 2008, 03:52 PM
And why did you throw 2 bubble shields?

Also, I could tell it was done by SonicXtr3m3.

All in all, it looks like its doing great.

Malloy
August 6th, 2008, 04:42 PM
rofl at Dane's post.

the floor textures look like they could be UVWrapped... the camo/overshield the floor is made of glass plates allowing the player to see the geometry below.

the gradient transitions of the ascending/descending ramps to the lower body of the bridge seem rediculously steep.

otherwise nice stuff

NuggetWarmer
August 6th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Lulz. Although I think it was a bit early to be making gameplay videos, I think it looks awwight.

ICEE
August 6th, 2008, 04:54 PM
[quote=teh lag;286965]Please slap the person who made the grenade throwing animations I just saw./quote]

This.

Doan, whats the point of asking me for criticism if your not going to change the animations anyways?

Bastinka
August 6th, 2008, 04:58 PM
- Skins, as said before, need a lot of work.
- Animations need more than a lot of work
- Much of this looks thrown-together and unpolished. Ex : 2 bubble shields dropping at once.
So far the gameplay looks good but I'd have to agree with lag, the textures/shaders need a lot of work. The Animations are still a bit robotic and too fast. The shield bubble looks very cartoony. Map is a bit innacurate.

Ki11a_FTW
August 6th, 2008, 05:20 PM
shield bubble? :-|

Heathen
August 6th, 2008, 05:24 PM
Halo 3 looks cartoony imo.

Terry
August 6th, 2008, 05:25 PM
Well,
I don't make custom content, but I can say that the video resembles what my Halo used to look like when I didn't have pixel shaders. Also, Narrows has a very "silver-blue" atmosphere to it, but your video captures a more "grey-white" atmosphere. That probably wouldn't make much sense to you, but thats the only way I can describe it.

Also, I couldn't tell very well, but those holes in the bridge didn't seem to have the glass they are supposed to.

The animations were kind of painful to look at. Oh and the battle rifle looks more like the Halo 2 battle rifle than the Halo 3 battle rifle.

The HUD is way too opaque, maybe try turning up the transparency. Especially to the mask-lining. It is actually a bit faint and you don't really notice it, but yours actually stands out a bit more.
You should also attempt to move some messages lower down and possibly change the chat text to a blue colour.

The bubble shield lacks that yellow glow that actually makes it look nice. Right now, it just looks plain and uninteresting. There's also the fact that the hexagons aren't quite as well-defined as they should be.

The textures in general also just seem to be very bland.

But I'd say that the attempt is very good, considering all limitations. I also like the biped model.

Rook
August 6th, 2008, 08:17 PM
You guys ever need a beta tester hit me up.
it's looking good so far tho.

Hazard1337
August 6th, 2008, 08:18 PM
Like I said on Halomaps, the AR looks like it isn't really powerful. And the Mauler needs more recoil.

Dr Pepper
August 6th, 2008, 08:21 PM
I agree on everything everyone has said (i think)

Apoc4lypse
August 6th, 2008, 09:18 PM
I agree on everything everyone has said (i think)

Good for you XD.

I personally am extremely impressed, it looks like its coming together, sure its rough around the edges but its getting there. I loved everything about it except how laggy the video was, sort of took away from it lol. (kept pausing for me or something, or skipping.)

Everything looks nice to me overall.

[rant] And for the people going "fix this, and fix that" the majority of what was pointed out from the Criticism Band Wagon that happened here is extremely obvious, and they most likely already know what your saying. Not to mention that if this was like a year and a half ago, everyone would just be blown away right now. The standards around here have sort of risen to a ridiculous level, thats not to say being a perfectionist is a bad thing, but come on already people lighten the hell up./rant

The only thing that really caught my eye as a problem is the bubble shield, tbh it looks amazing, but the part where theres 2 of them I don't get. My guess is it has to do with how you got it to work though, I don't see why you can't remove the model produced from the second one.

Keep working on it, and add in the polish and it'll be great. :Massive thumbs up: (this needs a new emote) Great work! Actually this works too.. :awesome:

I also loved the video style, I hate to say this but most halo videos have crappy text, and crappy animations, nothing special ever seems to happen in that area with most the videos I watch except a few. So nice job on that too. As for the overall editing (timing and such) I can't comment much because of how much it kept lagging on me, I'm guessing its because of what was used to record or something, or is it just me?

Pooky
August 7th, 2008, 02:20 AM
The only things that stood out to me as really bad were the grenade throw and assault rifle reload animations. Other than that it all looked pretty decent.

Malloy
August 7th, 2008, 06:28 AM
the model needs underfloor energy beams leading to the man canons...(oh yeh what are you doing about man cannons?)

Ki11a_FTW
August 7th, 2008, 11:42 AM
Ill handle that.

Malloy
August 7th, 2008, 04:15 PM
good stuff.

will you be doing damageless explosion force technique?

or scripted vehicle approach (like one of the old sonic CE maps but baring in mind that was SP)

Limited
August 7th, 2008, 04:25 PM
Wtf happened to working on BG?

Inferno
August 7th, 2008, 04:25 PM
Only thing that truly made me cringe was the animations for just about every weapon. I mean no offense but :puke:

It looks like fun though. I can't wait to play this.

Pooky
August 7th, 2008, 04:28 PM
Or you could just replace them with teleporters.... I've never seen any kind of gravity lift/man cannon/whatever work out well in CE. And don't tell me z_coag, that was crappy cause you couldn't interact at all with someone who was going up the lift

SilentChaos
August 8th, 2008, 11:10 PM
replacing the mancannons with teleporters would look kind of odd.
maybe make the mancannons like the ones used in WMCombo. they werent that bad, but i dont know if that will work.

Heathen
August 8th, 2008, 11:37 PM
I was thinking the same thing.

Pooky
August 9th, 2008, 12:23 AM
replacing the mancannons with teleporters would look kind of odd.
maybe make the mancannons like the ones used in WMCombo. they werent that bad, but i dont know if that will work.

Well they could :gasp: redesign that area a little :o

Invader Veex
August 9th, 2008, 12:26 AM
As the map filled up more, the mancannons in that map would be more likely to fail. as in not shoot as far/don't work.

Pyong Kawaguchi
August 9th, 2008, 09:43 AM
Please please, Fix the shaders and the fact that alll the weapons seem *stretched*

Invader Veex
August 9th, 2008, 09:47 AM
Please please, Fix the shaders and the fact that alll the weapons seem *stretched*

Shaders are already in the works.

shookon3
January 27th, 2009, 10:00 PM
when is it coming out?

Inferno
January 27th, 2009, 10:03 PM
That post made my day.
:lmao:

HDoan
January 27th, 2009, 10:04 PM
When it's ready. Locking until we want to show updates