PDA

View Full Version : Quick question, waterfall splash

jngrow
August 11th, 2008, 11:07 PM
Quick question, how would I get that splashy effect at the end of a waterfall (like the one in a30) in my map?

BobtheGreatII
August 11th, 2008, 11:22 PM
I believe it's an emitter of some type in the scenery files.

jngrow
August 11th, 2008, 11:45 PM
Thanks, can't seem to find it though. Also, I got a weird problem where my waterfall is always behind my water. I have draw before water checked. It's weird, it just started doing this.

BobtheGreatII
August 11th, 2008, 11:59 PM
Ah my bad, I lied. It's not in the emitters folder, it's in the folder labeled "waterfalls" in there you should find two folders holding the splashes. As for your other problem, can you take a picture?

jngrow
August 12th, 2008, 12:21 AM
http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/4782/nastyfallsru8.jpg

That's the problem.
And I found the emitters, but nothin shows up. I go into scenery, edit types, add the emitters, nothin happens. I think I'm doin it wrong though.

Also- dont get scared when the spoiler tag leads you to imageshack, their forum links are lame and i was too lazy to properly do it, sorry.

BobtheGreatII
August 12th, 2008, 01:12 AM
And I found the emitters, but nothin shows up. I go into scenery, edit types, add the emitters, nothin happens. I think I'm doin it wrong though.

No you're not, sorry, forgot to mention that they only show up in game, they won't show up in sapien.

As for your waterfall... I'm not really sure what's up with that...

jngrow
August 12th, 2008, 01:31 AM
Ok, thanks. :P I'll lock for now, if I can't fix the waterfall I'll reopen.