PDA

View Full Version : DMT - Inferno's Silent Photagrapher Trailer!

Inferno
August 16th, 2008, 06:21 PM
The map itself will be coming in the next day or so but for now enjoy a trailer and let me give a reason to be excited about this map.

http://www.xfire.com/video/1c02d/

I believe i am the first person to create a halo mod with a slow mo function built in. Flash light has been replaced with this simple and yet extraordinary script.

(script continuous slowmo
(if (unit_get_current_flashlight_state (unit (list_get (players )0 ) ) )
(game_speed 0.5)
(game_speed 1)
)
)
The map also contains many modded weapons and what not but the key function of the map is still awesome slow mo fighting.

Please note that all the animations (and most of the models) are place holder for my Infernal Map Pack. They suck I know so you don't have to tell me.

Btw big thanks to Malolo for the updated bipeds.

Sel
August 16th, 2008, 06:23 PM
The silent photographer mod is almost finished

Is zeph in it?

Inferno
August 16th, 2008, 06:23 PM
No it just uses that phrase.

Disaster
August 16th, 2008, 06:25 PM
I don't see anything spectacular about it.

Bastinka
August 16th, 2008, 06:26 PM
Photographer. *

IAWT disaster.

Inferno
August 16th, 2008, 06:29 PM
Photographer. *

I blame my spellchecker.

Limited
August 16th, 2008, 06:43 PM
Pretty sweet and I like the slow mo idea :D

Heathen
August 16th, 2008, 08:24 PM
I like it actually.

Ifafudafi
August 16th, 2008, 08:44 PM
The only truly new and exciting thing I see here is the slow-mo. Everything else (taken inspiration from CMTSPv1, by chance?) has been done several times over.

I may check it out anyway, though. Also, would it be possible to h4x in a screen overlay for the slow-mo effect?

ODX
August 16th, 2008, 08:56 PM
I've seen Slo-mo before in a Single Player map. Kirby422's SP AI Fusion Icefields (http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=3157). I'm not sure though, I used it like once, and then I died because an AI takes you over and is suppose to 'pwn' and so forth, but it sucked and I he failed :mad:

ICEE
August 16th, 2008, 09:02 PM
it looked like a pretty well done mod, though it wasnt to incredibly original. The slow mo was very cool, but i think the mod itsself was far to vehicle heavy

Inferno
August 16th, 2008, 09:15 PM
I worked on the mod for a long time. I balanced out all the encounters and i added a couple of brand new goals and encounters. And even a extra cut scene. Also there is a good bit of vehicle battling but not too much. And Btw my campaign is a bit harder but it balances out the slow mo. And its a bit dark in some places but its still fun. And if you have any idea on how to make a good screen effect while your in slow im open to suggestions before the final release.

Also there happens to be a little extra feature. 6 skulls.

Corndogman
August 16th, 2008, 10:08 PM
Looks good, but like others have said its nothing i havent seen before. Modded campaign map with some different weapons. still looks like it would be fun though,

also needs more hoverboard.

Inferno
August 16th, 2008, 10:18 PM
Lol hover board. I don't think that would work :p

Pooky
August 16th, 2008, 10:40 PM
Slo mo's been around forever, it's nothing new. Also that Pistol is lacking a forward sight, looks pretty ridiculous.

Inferno
August 16th, 2008, 10:43 PM
Really? I've never seen it in any map before and I've played a lot of custom SP's

Zeph
August 16th, 2008, 10:45 PM
Is zeph in it?

I was thinking the same thing. Wonder if my user title is still that.

Pooky
Really? I've never seen it in any map before and I've played a lot of custom SP's
It's in all the stock maps... it's just unused

Zeph
Lol it is.

Hotrod
August 17th, 2008, 07:25 PM
This looks pretty good, for the most part. The only thing that I don't like is, contrary to everybody else, the slow-mo. I feel that it'll make the pace of the game too slow. Maybe if it happened once in the middle-end of the level, then it'd be good, but more than once, and it kind of ruins it.

Inferno
August 17th, 2008, 07:29 PM
It's in all the stock maps... it's just unused

Slowmo isn't in any of the stock maps. Its just a command called game_speed which was put in by bungie to give them a way to speed through levels when testing. I just used the command to make slowmo.

Roostervier
August 17th, 2008, 08:20 PM
Slowmo isn't in any of the stock maps. Its just a command called game_speed which was put in by bungie to give them a way to speed through levels when testing. I just used the command to make slowmo.
No, I'm pretty sure there is a doublespeed (which also makes the environment slow down) powerup. Back when I used to mod pc I switched out its properties with the med-pack and had fun with it. Also, if you've played Chosen_Path (I used to play that map a lot) and typed in cheat_all_weapons, you would know doublespeed is in there. It's model looks like the overshield cube but with a weird texture on it.

Even if you used the command, the powerup is still there.

Inferno
August 17th, 2008, 08:29 PM
The double speed power up works differently than my slow mo. And also its on all the stock maps but they didn't implement it cause it don't think they managed to get it to sync online.

LinkandKvel
August 17th, 2008, 09:54 PM
U should have it where when you press the slo-mo button since you have it attatched to the light, make a recharge time before you can use it again, but make it a reasonable time like 45 seconds or sumthing.

Invader Veex
August 17th, 2008, 11:10 PM
Seems to be too many vehicles, to me. And I think I saw a banshee trying to run over it's enemies instead of flying/shooting. I suggest using the encounter bungie made for banshees around the island. It has firing positions ready and is much nicer than creating a new banshee encounter.

Inferno
August 19th, 2008, 04:21 PM
Yeah the banshees are retarded even though i did set up firing positions for them all over the island myself. And i originally made a recharge on the slow mo but i found it annoying so i removed it.

Heathen
August 19th, 2008, 06:17 PM
Damn link. I was gonna say that. And the Double Speed, I like it.. I just replace the Overshield with it when I used to mod maps. For giggles. Never had problems synching.

Theirs also "Full Spectrum Vision" which I guess would be a counter to the Vamo, and maybe grant view through walls. :/

They should have had a Juggernaut or Deep Impact kind of powerup.

Pooky
August 20th, 2008, 01:14 AM
Full spectrum is unfinished and does nothing iirc (feel free to correct me)

DarkHalo003
August 20th, 2008, 07:18 PM
I actually thought this was a new 3rd Person Camera that allows you to take awesome pictures that are awesome.