PDA

View Full Version : Bushes...

Hunter
September 2nd, 2008, 12:52 PM
Okay, I know how to make them, but where do you get the leaf textures from? Because I can't find any...

And what are the recommended highest poly/tri counts?

Rooster
September 2nd, 2008, 02:05 PM
ok, everyone's gonna hate me for saying this, but the best way is to probably go into another game and get them. For example, i would go into crysis just because of its awsome stuff.

Sel
September 2nd, 2008, 02:15 PM
Make your own :v:

Malloy
September 2nd, 2008, 02:17 PM
why not grab a digital camera, go take pictures of bushes profile view, then give it an alpha background and make them like that from real lfie bush images near your home.

Minimal effort required rly.

Rentafence
September 2nd, 2008, 02:20 PM
Ack, that would be a ton of work to filter out the areas you don't want in the bitmap. It would probably look crap too because of light bouncing off the leaves when you take the pic.

Limited
September 2nd, 2008, 02:27 PM
Tried Google?

Zeph
September 2nd, 2008, 02:39 PM
Ack, that would be a ton of work to filter out the areas you don't want in the bitmap. It would probably look crap too because of light bouncing off the leaves when you take the pic.

Only if you dont know how to use photoshop and your camera.

Malloy
September 2nd, 2008, 02:59 PM
^ bazing.

Hunter
September 3rd, 2008, 04:01 AM
Well, I tryed taking pictures... But I havnt got a good enough camera... because I have got a long leaf... So I would have to take a picture of it from a far distance, but that would make the actual texture small...

Evil_Monkey
September 3rd, 2008, 04:06 AM
So I would have to take a picture of it from a far distance, but that would make the actual texture small...

You could take two pictures then put them together so it's a panoramic picture whilst keeping the resolution as large as you can capture.

Hunter
September 3rd, 2008, 09:46 AM
I tryed... My camera won't focus in, it has some stupid auto focus thing on. But I'm getting a Samsung Omnia on Friday and that has a 5 Mega pixel camera, so I will try that.

Con
September 6th, 2008, 04:20 PM
halo already has some foliage textures you could use, ie the trees from death island.

Malloy
September 6th, 2008, 05:00 PM
Hey, Hunter why dont you go on Flickr alot fo experienced and well developed photographers on there and im guessing it wont take too long to find some 'foliage' or 'trees' using the search tool.

once you have found a few desired shots of foliage for texture ask the photographer for permision unless they say otherwise then jsut give cred to 'such and such' at 'Flickr' for resources.