PDA

View Full Version : Making Cyborgs melee as actor variants

Echo Ranger 449
September 5th, 2008, 12:44 PM
As some of us know, if you bump possession an elite (easiest method), you cannot control the actual melee animation. However, the elite's actor variant can. I want to find the difference between the two so I can do what's stated in the title. The 3rd person melee animation is tied in to the melee command for the cyborg, just not the elite. I'm assuming all of this is found in the globals. I'll do some searching around, but if you have any information to solve or help solve this problem, please enlighten me.

Edit: Nope, not there either.
A few hours ago I tested swapping the model and animations of an elite with the cyborg's. It lead me to conclude it must be one of those two that are causing the problem. However, what controls use of the melee animations?

Edit: I found out that under "unit" (in the animations tag) there's a section where melee animations were assigned for particular actions. I tried matching those similar to the elite, however, I still can't get them to melee. Still, I swapped the elite's model and animations with the cyborg's.

r1sTGEME730

Edit: confirm, it's the animations tag. This video shows an elite with a cyborg model (animations restored to "elite")
S8tB5bocbGg

Still, what do I need to do to fix the animations tag?

teh lag
September 5th, 2008, 04:30 PM
Your cyborg animation tag will need a stand <weapon type> melee.jma animation with a proper keyframe index in order to have AIs melee.

Note that the existing melee animations in thr cyborg are .jmr, which afaik will *not* work as an AI melee type - they're closer to overlays in function than an AI melee. (AI melees are fully animated, bip01 motion and all, whereas player melees are just the upper body.)

SnaFuBAR
September 5th, 2008, 05:03 PM
hahaha oh man that second vid is just straight up comedy.

iMobius
September 5th, 2008, 07:04 PM
hes just gliding around...its priceless

Echo Ranger 449
September 5th, 2008, 09:06 PM
They're referred to "base" type for the elites and "replacement" for the cyborgs- I noticed this in the tag. Makes total sense. Thanks.

Come on, not fair. Is there a way to extract every animation from an animation tag, so you could create an animation tag with more animations for the cyborg (not replacing, just adding) or any other biped?

Edit: nevermind, I just found project bluestreak.

Edit: I found that the elite melee, called "stand sword melee%0" and "stand sword melee%1" is considered a "JMA". I'll check the cyborg.
Done. Their animations are JMR. This might be easier than I thought. Let me try this out.

Sargent_Hawk
September 6th, 2008, 05:53 PM
2nd vid, made me LOL, every time it shot I thought of it saying "IMA FIRIN MAH ARMPIT!".(If you don't know why just look at it's armpit while it fires.)

Malloy
September 6th, 2008, 09:51 PM
this one works fine..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9XI8w2Hg68

Bastinka
September 6th, 2008, 09:56 PM
First video was kinda creepy, second one was gold.

DarkHalo003
September 6th, 2008, 10:38 PM
Yeah, the second vid is ridiculously hilarious IMO. I believe you'll either have to switch GBX models (idk) or re-rig the model to have Elite animations.

Pooky
September 7th, 2008, 03:02 AM

Did you see the way it flops when it goes to melee :lol:

the1
September 7th, 2008, 05:14 PM
Your cyborg animation tag will need a stand <weapon type> melee.jma animation with a proper keyframe index in order to have AIs melee.

Note that the existing melee animations in thr cyborg are .jmr, which afaik will *not* work as an AI melee type - they're closer to overlays in function than an AI melee. (AI melees are fully animated, bip01 motion and all, whereas player melees are just the upper body.)

giving all new animations 2 a new biped is a bitch >_> :( its horrible and really time consuming. then again so is just about everything else lol

teh lag
September 7th, 2008, 05:52 PM
giving all new animations 2 a new biped is a bitch >_> :( its horrible and really time consuming. then again so is just about everything else lol

If you know of a better way to do it then please do tell. There are worse, more tedious things one can do in CE.