PDA

View Full Version : melee repeat speeds

Echo Ranger 449
September 14th, 2008, 10:39 AM
I have a melee animation which I like, but the ability to repeat the melee is too fast (first person melee). It will let you begin another hit before the animation completes (almost as soon as the melee begins). Where can I fix this? I think it has to do with the animation tag and not the animation itself. I tried key frame index, but that doesn't solve the problem.

teh lag
September 14th, 2008, 10:42 AM
What weapon label (ar, hp, sg, sr) is your weapon using? Though, unless your melee is significantly longer than a default one, I couldn't image any interference from the 3p anims...

Echo Ranger 449
September 14th, 2008, 12:06 PM
ar. It's an assault rifle animation
It's also shorter...much shorter than the original one

teh lag
September 14th, 2008, 01:58 PM
Then I don't really know, sorry.

Roostervier
September 14th, 2008, 02:49 PM
Did you ever set the keyframe anim in the fp animation tag? If it's left at 0, I'm pretty sure you could hit again before the anim is over. Change it to the keyframe in the actual anim where the chief actually "hits."

Echo Ranger 449
September 14th, 2008, 02:54 PM
I tried that. However, I think I know what the problem may be.
I ran the game speed at 1/100 of a sec per sec. I saw that in the 1st 0.01 seconds of the animation, he had completed the "impact" part of the animation. Perhaps fixing it so it has a few frames before that may help solve this problem?

Kalub
September 14th, 2008, 09:15 PM
oh shit Teh Lag discovered Gurren Lagann whats up /m/an?

Echo Ranger 449
September 14th, 2008, 11:22 PM
what? What does that have to do with the melee replay speed problem?

teh lag
September 15th, 2008, 03:00 PM
what? What does that have to do with the melee replay speed problem?

Don't you worry about that :v:

Also, how many frames long is the anim? If it's really short the game could just be flipping out and going no, I won't play that right. Also remember that every ~3 frames or so the game blends animations, so this could be interfering as well. (Ex : people who have put bolt movement on fire anims often notice the bolt moves slower than it should - this is because Halo interpolates the anim positions).