PDA

View Full Version : Sapien!

Dwood
September 24th, 2008, 02:47 PM
Okay, this problem has always plagued me but thought it was something that was dismissable. But lately I've been trying to work with it and it closed while it was active!

Every time I switch out of sapien as the active screen it will close down almost instantly. This has been the same with Hobov, and E3po's

My Proc is an AMD Dual core 3800+ (Athlon)

Set compatability mode to Windows 98 things seem to be working better now >.< Will post again if it closes on it's own.

ShadowSpartan
September 24th, 2008, 03:46 PM
Okay, this problem has always plagued me but thought it was something that was dismissable. But lately I've been trying to work with it and it closed while it was active!

Every time I switch out of sapien as the active screen it will close down almost instantly. This has been the same with Hobov, and E3po's

My Proc is an AMD Dual core 3800+ (Athlon)

Set compatability mode to Windows 98 things seem to be working better now >.< Will post again if it closes on it's own.
Anytime I run sapien, I have to use task manager to set the affinity and make sapien only use 1 cpu.

Zeph
September 24th, 2008, 05:32 PM
The Halo 1 era editing kit is single core based. It doesn't work any better with multiple cores and often becomes unstable if a second core takes over its usage or something like that. So yes, if you're having problems, force it to have an affinity to one of your physical cores.

Timo
September 24th, 2008, 06:09 PM
Also, running in Windows 98 compatibility will run Sapien with one core, so you don't have to set the affinity every time you start Sapien up.

DarkHalo003
September 24th, 2008, 08:34 PM
And close down Internet Explorer (or any thing related to it) and most other external apps (with the exception of xfire) to run Sapien. Sometimes, like said above, it won't run with too much stuff going on. It needs its very own attention when using it.

Timo
September 25th, 2008, 04:50 AM
I was able to run my computer normally while having sapien open, you shouldn't have to go to the extent of shutting everything down to run sapien. Unless of course you're running radiosity, but that should be done in tool.