PDA

View Full Version : Some bad news for us all. -Very important news

E3pO
September 24th, 2008, 07:03 PM
As you may already know, my computer had a unannounced attack several days ago. With a large storm in the area, a lightning bolt struck a transformer outside of my house. Sadly for me, my computer was on and plugged in at the time of the attack. 5 hard drives, 3 computers, and several tvs and other electronics where literally fried by the jolt. I've tried recovering the data of my drives, retrieving only a few things off of each one. (Trust me on this; I know how to get data off of formatted\broken hard drives). After failing at getting the data I truly needed.. Please don't look if your easily hurt..
Yoyorast Version 2 was unable to be recovered.

Yes, i know the news is horrible. I've scrambled through several hounded DVDS, searched through my server several times and only finding
Protected versions of maps, and only a few tags(which were old and outdated)

I have sent the hard drive into a recovery center where apparently they can retrieve data with some sort of laser type machine. I have no idea how much it will cost to get my hard drive back, or if they will even find something.
Yoyorast and me DESPERATELY NEED YOUR HELP!!!! IF YOU KNOW ANYBODY!!! ANYBODY AT ALL THAT HAS SOME SORT OF MAP UNPROTECTION PROGRAM FOR HEK+ PLEASE!! PLEASE!!! CONTACT ONE OF US AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!!! ITS THE LAST CHANCE FOR YOYORAST V2 TO EVER COME OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a map unprotector myself, but it doesn't do it correctly! It just changes all of the different tags into numbers, and fails miserably when trying to piece things back together!

So please, if anybody can help us out. It is much appreciated. Please tell all of your friends and put a link to this page in your signature to help out the cause... Were counting on you guys, there’s not much I can do at this time...

Sorry,
please don't think of me as a failure... I've tried as hard as I can...

-E3pO

Rentafence
September 24th, 2008, 07:07 PM
surge protectors are awesome.

E3pO
September 24th, 2008, 07:08 PM
Yeah no shit. I had one on my main computer, and my servers. Oh!! but guess what!! FUCKERS WHERE DISABLED.

Cortexian
September 24th, 2008, 07:32 PM
Yeah no shit. I had one on my main computer, and my servers. Oh!! but guess what!! FUCKERS WHERE DISABLED.
How is it possible to disable surge protectors? Can't you just get Yoyorast to send you the latest build of the map and extract from that? Why the heck are you protecting developer internal maps?

Choking Victim
September 24th, 2008, 07:36 PM
Send me the map.

E3pO
September 24th, 2008, 07:37 PM
How is it possible to disable surge protectors? Can't you just get Yoyorast to send you the latest build of the map and extract from that? Why the heck are you protecting developer internal maps?

That's none of your business is it?

Less bullshit please, more help on the problem at hand.

n00b1n8R
September 24th, 2008, 07:47 PM
Send it to CV. He can extract it all and send it back to you. He's been around long enough and done enough to be trustworthy I think.

DaneO'Roo
September 24th, 2008, 07:57 PM
Send it to CV. He can extract it all and send it back to you. He's been around long enough and done enough to be trustworthy I think.

Yes, if anyone can get what you need from it, it's him.

Also, how the fuck were your surge protectors disabled? Do you live in Tennesse in a caravan with your dog Skeeter?

:confused:

DrunkenSamus
September 24th, 2008, 08:02 PM
Fuck you, mother nature....please don't strike me down. :gonk:

E3pO
September 24th, 2008, 08:03 PM
He couldn't unprotect it. His "Unprotector" did the exact same thing my does. So, CV is not an option...

DANE: My surge protectors are annoying as hell every time the power has a brown out "Not all the way out, just lower in voltage" They literally trigger all of the fire alarms in the house, and make the garage door open and close to try and get our attention. Lets just say my mom doesn't like it when that happens. (almost every single day). She "marches her self down there and terns em off".

Not the most intellegent little thing in the world.

Choking Victim
September 24th, 2008, 08:08 PM
He couldn't unprotect it. His "Unprotector" did the exact same thing my does. So, CV is not an option...

DANE: My surge protectors are annoying as hell every time the power has a brown out "Not all the way out, just lower in voltage" They literally trigger all of the fire alarms in the house, and make the garage door open and close to try and get our attention. Lets just say my mom doesn't like it when that happens. (almost every single day). She "marches her self down there and terns em off".

Damn, well if they were password protected, ShadowSpartan would be willing to look into pw protection for you. However, since they aren't password protected, the type of unprotection your looking for is impossible. I'd say use your current unprotector, extract the tags, and reorganize them yourself, thats the only way out im afraid.

EDIT: I won't be going any more indepth as to why the protection you seek is impossible in this thread. If you'd like an explanation take it to pm's.

DarkHalo003
September 24th, 2008, 08:26 PM
This is sad news. Hope it gets recovered some how. Btw, have you tried replacing your surge protectors with ones that don't cause that to happen?

E3pO
September 24th, 2008, 08:28 PM
I know exactly why its 'impossible'. Sad thing that is...

<wtf what is hr?>

This is sad news. Hope it gets recovered some how. Btw, have you tried replacing your surge protectors with ones that don't cause that to happen?

Well there would be no point really no where there? The data is already gone.

DarkHalo003
September 24th, 2008, 08:35 PM
I'm just saying so it doesn't happen AGAIN. It's also a pretty big hamper on other stuff as well. Can't having a computer turn off at random while running apps be very bad for it?

jngrow
September 24th, 2008, 08:59 PM

Wow, your house is fucked up. And sorry dude, that really sucks. Act of god, it seems.

StankBacon
September 24th, 2008, 09:02 PM
there is no way to disable surge protectors...

also, self owned by protecting internal beta maps.

lol.

Dwood
September 24th, 2008, 09:12 PM
Sorry man. And people stop yanking on him for a mistake. People make those sometimes.

Things are about to go down in Halo CE work I can feel it. KM00's near miss and now this...

InnerGoat
September 24th, 2008, 09:43 PM
I have sent the hard drive into a recovery center where apparently they can retrieve data with some sort of laser type machine. I have no idea how much it will cost to get my hard drive back, or if they will even find something.They will get as much data off as you're willing to pay for. How much is the map worth to you? :)

Also, laser?

:emoticon:

n00b1n8R
September 24th, 2008, 09:47 PM
Are the Z team maps password protected?

ShadowSpartan
September 24th, 2008, 10:18 PM
Are the Z team maps password protected?
For the pb1 and pb2 maps no. For internal builds they are either not protected, or are protected using a password.

As for getting fully working tags out of future zteam maps, it won't happen. I got a few tricks up my sleeve :).

ICEE
September 25th, 2008, 12:00 AM
For the pb1 and pb2 maps no. For internal builds they are either not protected, or are protected using a password.

As for getting fully working tags out of future zteam maps, it won't happen. I got a few tricks up my sleeve :).

How come you protect internal maps at all? Isn't it just the three of you?

legionaire45
September 25th, 2008, 12:20 AM
Better safe then sorry I suppose.

BTW, invest in better surge protectors. $10-$20 per protector versus possibly thousands of dollars for hard drive data recovery. If you don't want this to happen again, I would suggest that you go ahead and buy some protectors.

AAA
September 25th, 2008, 01:38 AM
Password protect because of hackers, mb?

Also, couldn't you just recieve the latest version of Yoyorast v2 sent to someone else that helps with the map....maybe someone like...Yoyo??

Unless there's a piece of the puzzle i'm missing here like having to retrieve created tags/ having to create tags.

Cortexian
September 25th, 2008, 02:59 AM
That's none of your business is it?
If you're referring to my comment about why the hell you were protecting developer internal maps, then I'm well within my bounds to ask you. I've been working with Yoyorast on his map projects a hell of a lot longer than you :).

yoyorast
September 25th, 2008, 04:30 AM

At the exact same time I had a problem with my hd.. I had to reinstall everything.. I never had the very last build cause I was at my father's for the last past week.. I had the one before the last that was not protected but it went away with the rest of my map folder... the freshest build I have is from mid june..
Off course I have the last model but all the lastest tags are gone..

If only I had sent you this dam build freelancer.. grr sorry I couldn't be in front of my comp these past days..

FluffyDucky™
September 25th, 2008, 04:44 AM
Omg wow, this should be like a message to people. Find extremely trustworthy people to hang on to copies of these important files, more than one that is. Like korn, fucking stubborn mother fucker. I don't think he will ever give out anything he isn't supposed to. (rec0 app, even tho its in process of being fixed :D )

Hope you guys can get everything that you need back. I can't imagine how you guys must feel, and if you can't... omg.

Cortexian
September 25th, 2008, 05:20 AM
Find extremely trustworthy people to hang on to copies of these important files, more than one that is.
Hi.

I've said to many people that I've got an FTP server that I watch over, and it includes tape backups every week for a month. If something goes wrong with my servers hard disks (doubtful) I can recover the data within 5 minutes from my tape backups... I'm also pretty darn trust worthy, I've had my hands on "sensitive" material and I've never sent anything to anyone that shouldn't have it.

For example:
Rec0s app.
Bots (All of them, I'm not even kidding, SOMEONE uploaded like 50 of them to my FTP one day).
CMT SP1 (Got it from Masters to upload to Haloimpulse on the night of the release, as well as betas from before it was released).
Yoyorast Betas.
A metric-SHIT-ton of other betas.

I've probably got 50 Gigs of "Sensitive" Halo related shit on my servers hard drives, and it's never been compromised. I can set you guys up with a username and password that only you have access to, it's pretty simple.

Rook
September 25th, 2008, 05:37 AM
I'd hate to pay to replace that equipment. ;_;

PenGuin1362
September 25th, 2008, 06:44 AM
I'd hate to pay to replace that equipment. ;_;
Insurance.

Sel
September 25th, 2008, 07:03 AM
...Costs more in the long run than anything it's going to save, especially in America.

ShadowSpartan
September 25th, 2008, 07:52 AM
How come you protect internal maps at all? Isn't it just the three of you?
Not when we are play testing maps.

If you're referring to my comment about why the hell you were protecting developer internal maps, then I'm well within my bounds to ask you.
Zteam only protects builds we send out to people (which isn't very often), and we are smart enough to use a password on them so we can recover the tags, just incase. I really don't understand why the yoyo map was protected without a password, or even protected at all since, as Freelancer said, it was a developer internal map.

PenGuin1362
September 25th, 2008, 08:44 AM
...Costs more in the long run than anything it's going to save, especially in America.

Well when you're in a situation where lightning strikes near your house and you lose all major electrical components in your home, it's going to save you money. I was in a similar situation where 2 computers were fried, 3 tv's, 3 satellite boxes, and an xbox and insurance company covered everything. So no, you're wrong.

Hunter
September 25th, 2008, 09:13 AM
If you password protected them can't you use the password you set to unprotect them?

And hasnt Yoyo got a compy of the main BSP?
As long as you have the BSP then thats almost half of the map, I can help re make some of the other content.

And Zordierk has got a copy of a map which had the custom hog in which you sent to him E3pO.

Edit:

and we are smart enough to use a password on them so we can recover the tags, just incase. I really don't understand why the yoyo map was protected without a password, or even protected at all since, as Freelancer said, it was a developer internal map.
Answered my first question.

blind
September 25th, 2008, 10:30 AM
~*PwNeD bY dA pUpPeTmAsTa*~

Corgy
September 25th, 2008, 10:34 AM
~*HiS sTrIngS sTrIKe AgAiN*~

Matooba
September 25th, 2008, 11:30 AM
I have the last copy still from 2 weeks ago. I only need the password to unprotect it or I can just send it to who does have the password. All is not lost. Yohan or E3po, contact me, I will send you the map.

Evil_Monkey
September 25th, 2008, 12:14 PM
I have the last copy still from 2 weeks ago. I only need the password to unprotect it or I can just send it to who does have the password. All is not lost. Yohan or E3po, contact me, I will send you the map.

That's if it is even password protected, he may have just locked it.

NullZero
September 25th, 2008, 12:31 PM
Don't know why, gut nags me with the word bullshit :|

ShadowSpartan
September 25th, 2008, 12:53 PM
Well your gut is wrong. They wouldn't lie about this.

Rosco
September 25th, 2008, 01:00 PM

THings can be too bad to be true as well as good, so don't feel worried about it. Yoyo aint a bullshitter :)

Apoc4lypse
September 25th, 2008, 01:30 PM
surge protectors are awesome.

This.

And the Irony of using map protection almost makes this funny for me.

:XD:

On a more serious note, I'm terribly sorry for your losses... and also disappointed.

Why didn't you back it up onto something like a CD, something more full proof, then like, seal it inside of a waterproof safe.

Then you could say god himself couldn't take this map away....

Of course then a terrorist would have ran into your house and blown up the safe after you said that. :rolleyes:

Patrickssj6
September 25th, 2008, 02:13 PM
How does HEK+ protect the map? If it's a hash and you used a short password I could probably brute force it.

E3pO
September 25th, 2008, 02:23 PM
About to get news back from laser man. Hope for the best.

Apoc4lypse
September 25th, 2008, 02:28 PM
How does HEK+ protect the map? If it's a hash and you used a short password I could probably brute force it.

well... I'm not entirely sure what type of protection they got going, but I have a feeling its more than just password protected HEK+ stuff...

While hek+ has the option of using a password to unlock maps, I also believe it can do it with no password option also.

Not to mention it jumbles all the names so you can't tell what tag is what, and what goes where...

I'm pretty sure theres another method of protection tho that doesn't even let you get any where near extracting the tags too.

E3pO
September 25th, 2008, 02:34 PM
well... I'm not entirely sure what type of protection they got going, but I have a feeling its more than just password protected HEK+ stuff...

While hek+ has the option of using a password to unlock maps, I also believe it can do it with no password option also.

Not to mention it jumbles all the names so you can't tell what tag is what, and what goes where...

I'm pretty sure theres another method of protection tho that doesn't even let you get any where near extracting the tags too.

That made me think.. If halo can read the files correctly, why can't we just make a program read what halo reads?

**goes to test something.

EDIT: Failed.

ShadowSpartan
September 25th, 2008, 02:36 PM
They didn't use a password, so that is not an option.

When the map is protected without inputting a password, the tag names data is stripped from the map file, meaning it no longer exists. This is what happened with the yoyo map, so there is no way to get the correct tag names back.

PenGuin1362
September 25th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Long thread short, you're shit out of luck.

supersniper
September 25th, 2008, 04:28 PM
This marks an end for yoyorast Island 2 i'm guessing... Unless you all are uber dedicated and want to re-do all the work...

Anyways I'm sorry to hear about this, accidents happen and you can only learn from them. Maybe this happened for a reason. You never know.

I do wish that the company you sent it to can recover your data.
Also have you tried using an X - drive (hard drive on the internet)

Heathen
September 25th, 2008, 04:42 PM
Thats bunk. Good luck getting it back.

I could always keep your uber secret files.

Masterz1337
September 25th, 2008, 11:42 PM
They didn't use a password, so that is not an option.

When the map is protected without inputting a password, the tag names data is stripped from the map file, meaning it no longer exists. This is what happened with the yoyo map, so there is no way to get the correct tag names back.
The SSBSP could always be recovered though, right?

p0lar_bear
September 26th, 2008, 12:05 AM
Masterz, the BSP isn't a problem; Yoyorast still has his source files for the sbsp. What he is missing now is any and all tags pertaining to the mod; any contributions and such. Anything E3P0 did with the map and its assets has been [most likely] irreversibly lost.

StankBacon
September 26th, 2008, 01:23 AM
well, there are no custom tags... the modifications to the bsp and all that are the main problem.

Cortexian
September 26th, 2008, 02:23 AM
well, there are no custom tags... the modifications to the bsp and all that are the main problem.
No custom tags? You seem to be forgetting the Warthog modifications and the ATV.

I have an idea that MAY solve this issue, only talking to Yoyo about it though (Yoyo, check the Yoyorast forums).

Dr Pepper
September 26th, 2008, 08:39 AM
i seriosly cant beleive this. they better get the files back

ShadowSpartan
September 26th, 2008, 09:41 AM
Masterz, the BSP isn't a problem; Yoyorast still has his source files for the sbsp. What he is missing now is any and all tags pertaining to the mod; any contributions and such. Anything E3P0 did with the map and its assets has been [most likely] irreversibly lost.
I wouldn't say they are missing, they are still there, but in a way that makes them hard to edit. It is possible to get all the tags back in working order, it would just require a lot of time to do it.

InnerGoat
September 26th, 2008, 10:21 AM
i seriosly cant beleive this. they better get the files backYou can help make sure he gets some of the files by donating 500 dollars to him

Hunter
September 26th, 2008, 10:58 AM
Well tell me if you want anything making E3pO whilst you work on the BSP.

I am guessing you can get the mongoose back If not I could model you one.

Phopojijo
September 26th, 2008, 12:54 PM
Ehh... I counted about 3-4 things in this thread which are just plain wrong.

Firstly, if your harddrive is surged more likely the motor or the circuit board is fried... all you'd do is put it in a clean room (falling dust is like boulders to harddrive data), replace the motor and circuit board... maybe head assembly to be safe... and read the data off.

Also surge protectors and UPS are generally a special type of powerbar... why didn't you have one of those... especially with the brownout potential (which is BAD for electronics)

yoyorast
September 26th, 2008, 03:33 PM
No custom tags? You seem to be forgetting the Warthog modifications and the ATV.

I have an idea that MAY solve this issue, only talking to Yoyo about it though (Yoyo, check the Yoyorast forums).

Thanks Free, I got your PM, but unfortunatly it wont be needed and maybe would not work.. first because I had XP run on my mac pro with boot camp on a partition.. I mean I installed from Leopard.. I guess this complicates the process.. + I had to reinstall several times for diferent reasons.. a real nightmare.
But this afternoon, I really thought everything was solved cause I found a build on my usb key (I totally forgot I had it on it).. it was not the very last but the one before.. I sent it to shadowSpartan.. and he said it was dam protected..
So now our almost last chance to recover these past month work (other than unprotecting the last build) can be Matooba.. I talked to him yesterday and he's got a build apprently diferent from mine and e3po's and like 2 weeks old.. I'm crossing my fingers..

EDIT: I just talked to Mat : he's build is protected like the others :( But he talked to Conure.. he told me that Conure is recoding his depro map unprotector to make it unprotrct using right file names. So he's going to make his map unprotector over just for this situation only..

So I can only hope Conure succeed in his task.. thank you so much man.

supersniper
September 26th, 2008, 03:58 PM
Well things are turning around. I hope Conure can make it happen. Well question after this little mishap are you guys still going to be protect internal beta builds?

Matooba
September 26th, 2008, 04:18 PM
I do have one build still unprotected yohan. It was the one we used for the goose tests. Its about a month old, before the sound, decals and such. You want those files too? Or tags rather.

Also, that wasnt the final build of my M257 Mongoose anyways. I still have that one here on my computer. As for what else was done, I dont have that stuff. I can redo the sound files though and refix them.

StankBacon
September 26th, 2008, 04:31 PM
i still have the good version of the hog too, dunno why you guys are using the messed up version.

ShadowSpartan
September 26th, 2008, 04:32 PM
But he talked to Conure.. he told me that Conure is recoding his depro map unprotector to make it unprotrct using right file names. So he's going to make his map unprotector over just for this situation only..

So I can only hope Conure succeed in his task.. thank you so much man.
As I said before, there is no way to get correct tag names back if you did not use a password. I think I know of what Conure is talking about doing though, and I've already started rewriting mine to do it as well :p.

Edit: Talked to yoyo, Conure's way is different but I'll still work on mine. Double the chance of getting the tags back.

yoyorast
September 26th, 2008, 05:12 PM
i still have the good version of the hog too, dunno why you guys are using the messed up version.

I put the very last version in skyline hands.. for some adjustments.. so ye, goose and hog are safe.

StankBacon
September 26th, 2008, 05:27 PM
yah but the last set of hog tags you sent me had all kinds of errors.

hope that isnt the version your using.

yoyorast
September 26th, 2008, 05:42 PM
yah but the last set of hog tags you sent me had all kinds of errors.

hope that isnt the version your using.

SKy is taking care of these errors.. I modified/remodeled this is one , we must you this one for final..

Higuy
September 27th, 2008, 07:43 AM
If you guys cant trust your beta testers enough and you have to protect why let them play it all...

Pyong Kawaguchi
September 27th, 2008, 09:37 AM
They could have a more vulnerable network than yoyo, therefore it could be a must.

yoyorast
September 27th, 2008, 10:21 AM
If you guys cant trust your beta testers enough and you have to protect why let them play it all...

remember the v1.5 leak? (called v2 beta at halomaps) ...
Anyway, there is no real betatesters yet.. Cause the map is not beta.. Til now I use to test alone or with my partner (maker of the build or some big contributors).. But lastly I wanted e3po to be helped to speed up things.. So he contacted some guys he knew, and protected the builds.. I even didn't knew these lasts were protected.. He got a good reflex by coin that I guess.. But we could't imagine one sec that thunder would heat his house and my hard drive would crash at the exact same moment at the opposite sides of the planet.. There was like 1 chance on 10000 for this to happen..

007useless
September 27th, 2008, 11:27 AM
wow u serious..... this must sux hardcore 4 u.....i wish i could help but i cant....sry

Phopojijo
September 27th, 2008, 11:34 AM
Or you all could just relax about map protection and realize that Unreal Engine is more popular than you and has an asset extractor and code decompiler built into the official toolkit.

Oh well, you say a closed mod platform is better, and then get screwed by it.

May I recommend:
http://www.upgradenation.com/BELKIN_Battery_Backup_with_Multi-Computer/F6C1200-UNV/partinfo-id-561181.html

Amit
September 27th, 2008, 11:40 AM

...looks like Yoyo addressed this but not every beta has the best intentions in mind. It's like the One ring to some people. It corrupts them.

wow u serious..... this must sux hardcore 4 u.....i wish i could help but i cant....sry

Yes we've past that stage a few days ago if you haven't read the entire thread.

ShadowSpartan
September 27th, 2008, 11:41 AM
Or you all could just relax about map protection and realize that Unreal Engine is more popular than you and has an asset extractor and code decompiler built into the official toolkit.
We don't need to "relax" because nothing is going on. All we are trying to do is recover some lost tags...it seems to me that you are the one trying to bring the issue of whether to use map protection or not into the topic and cause trouble.

Hunter
September 27th, 2008, 12:05 PM
We don't need to "relax" because nothing is going on. All we are trying to do is recover some lost tags...it seems to me that you are the one trying to bring the issue of whether to use map protection or not into the topic and cause trouble.

/end argument.

You probably won't want to but if you had to re make all of the tags what are the hardest ones to make?

And what tags have you modified. Because it uses classic weapons so they are not a problem.

StankBacon
September 27th, 2008, 01:14 PM

Oh well, you say a closed mod platform is better, and then get screwed by it.

how much they paying you?

:p

Phopojijo
September 27th, 2008, 11:40 PM
We don't need to "relax" because nothing is going on. All we are trying to do is recover some lost tags...it seems to me that you are the one trying to bring the issue of whether to use map protection or not into the topic and cause trouble.Cute, however I wasn't the first person to mention "map protection" in this thread so... I didn't bring it to the discussion.

I did, however, point out that it causes more harm than good (of which it did none)... since I've said it for over a year now (maybe 2) and thusfar there has been zero benefit, just a lot of whining, flaming, bandwagon...ing, and now potentially months (years?) of data loss.

There are reasons why other communities are more successful... they put their effort into constructive practices {for the most part}.

So if you take anything out of this post: starting a fight and pointing out an irrefutable point which completely decimates the counter argument in an already established fight are two different things.

... And by relax I meant "stop using it", I wasn't referring to the thread... I was referring to the uptight attitude in general.

Cortexian
September 28th, 2008, 04:16 AM
I still think whoever it was that thought they should start protecting the Pre-Beta map files had a lapse of retardation.

I really hope it wasn't Yoyorast who thought it'd be a good idea...

Matooba
September 28th, 2008, 10:48 AM
I still have the map unprotected, its just not up to date. It needs the ghost geometry removed, texture work, sound work, and more. Its not totally gone, just set back by a month or two. We have the technology, we can rebuild.....LOL

ShadowSpartan
September 28th, 2008, 12:44 PM
I still have the map unprotected, its just not up to date. It needs the ghost geometry removed, texture work, sound work, and more. Its not totally gone, just set back by a month or two. We have the technology, we can rebuild.....LOL
I'm working on getting the tags from the most up to date build back. Almost done writing all of the code. Could you send me that unprotected build so I have an idea as to how the names were set up....so it will at least be familiar to you guys.

Cortexian
September 28th, 2008, 10:33 PM
Okay, someone with both the latest unprotected and the latest protected build fucking PM me. I'm going to send you instructions on how to upload them to my FTP server for safe-keeping.

StankBacon
September 28th, 2008, 10:52 PM
Okay, someone with both the latest unprotected and the latest protected build fucking PM me. I'm going to send you instructions on how to upload them to my FTP server for safe-keeping.

lol, fail attempt at getting a beta.

yoyo has his own server/website he can put it on if he wanted.

Cortexian
September 29th, 2008, 03:30 AM
lol, fail attempt at getting a beta.

yoyo has his own server/website he can put it on if he wanted.
And I have full control over server/website.

Not failed attempt at getting beta.

yoyorast
September 29th, 2008, 03:51 AM
And I have full control over server/website.

Not failed attempt at getting beta.

Ye Free; I'll send you the stuff as soon as ShadowSpartan recovers everything..

Masterz1337
September 29th, 2008, 03:11 PM
So E3po I guess you're pretty happy you'll be able to work on the project again right? Or are you just going to find a new excuse not to work on it.

I sure hope you're going to prove those of us wrong who belive you faked this incident just to bail out of the project.

Choking Victim
September 29th, 2008, 03:20 PM
So E3po I guess you're pretty happy you'll be able to work on the project again right? Or are you just going to find a new excuse not to work on it.

I sure hopr you're going to prove those of us wrong who belive you faked this incident just to bail out of the project.

After his little episode, I too am skeptical. (http://www.modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?t=12039)

Evil_Monkey
September 29th, 2008, 03:53 PM
Same, I personally think it was a stunt to bail out. Until proven wrong I'm going to stick with what I think.

Higuy
September 29th, 2008, 04:12 PM
If he didn't wanan work on it anymore, he should of just said so =\

Choking Victim
September 29th, 2008, 04:13 PM
If he didn't wanan work on it anymore, he should of just said so =\
That's too much of an obvious solution, someone like him would rather do it the harder, immature way.

Gwunty
September 29th, 2008, 04:13 PM
*Waits for a thread about how e3po sister died*

STLRamsFan
September 29th, 2008, 06:01 PM
I was actually thinking about that after seeing that whole thing go down...

*Waits for a thread about how e3po's sister died*

Haha, yea seriously.

StankBacon
September 29th, 2008, 06:04 PM
its the 1st thing that popped into my head.

he just didn't feel like working on it anymore.

Sel
September 29th, 2008, 06:05 PM
I like his very weak backup story.

STLRamsFan
September 29th, 2008, 06:07 PM
Yea, if this turns out to be a complete hoax, wonder how long this took him to come up with... :raise:

Sel
September 29th, 2008, 06:09 PM
He's not quite the smartest chap, so I'd say atleast 2 days?

If it's fake

Matooba
September 29th, 2008, 06:18 PM
CLS{GRUNT} (http://www.modacity.net/forums/member.php?u=2084)
Has no witty comment

http://www.modacity.net/forums/images/customavatars/avatar2084_9.gif (http://www.modacity.net/forums/member.php?u=2084)

http://www.modacity.net/forums/images/reputation/reputation_pos.gifhttp://www.modacity.net/forums/images/reputation/reputation_pos.gif

*Waits for a thread about how e3po sister died*Yah, like thats a totally constructive piece of context you got there. Friggin Drama Everwhere these days. This place is like a *&^%ing Soap Opera....

@ staff....Your friggin qoute button and a lot more turn out a 500 error. Give up some Ram already. <my constructive criticism (http://www.google.com/search?num=50&hl=en&safe=off&pwst=1&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=criticism&spell=1)

StankBacon
September 29th, 2008, 06:24 PM
This place is like a *&^%ing Soap Opera....

and e3p0 is the star.

Sel
September 29th, 2008, 06:26 PM
Yah, like thats a totally constructive piece of context you got there.

Yah, like thats a totally constructive piece of context you got there.

Lateksi
September 29th, 2008, 06:44 PM
I hope this will have a good ending. If you redo all the stuff of course we can wait!

ShadowSpartan
September 29th, 2008, 07:29 PM
Yea, if this turns out to be a complete hoax, wonder how long this took him to come up with... :raise:
If it is a hoax....I'm gonna be kind of pissed. Recovering all of these tags just because someone didn't want to continue working on it.

Choking Victim
September 29th, 2008, 07:33 PM
Doesn't look like e3po will confess and return yoyo's tags, if that's the case, then its entirely necessary to recover them.

...besides, it's good practice :p

ShadowSpartan
September 29th, 2008, 07:34 PM
Doesn't look like e3po will confess and return yoyo's tags, if that's the case, then its entirely necessary to recover them.

...besides, it's good practice :p
Not like I'm ever gonna use these skills/new features in Orion again.

Choking Victim
September 29th, 2008, 07:47 PM
Not like I'm ever gonna use these skills/new features in Orion again.
Taught me a little more about h1 maps at least. Fixed our h1 loading code (for sbsp tags) too.

E3pO
September 29th, 2008, 08:33 PM

What is there to confess about? I have nothing to confess to other then i lost all my tags from the end of August to now.

DarkHalo003
September 29th, 2008, 08:44 PM
Watch this be a hype event just so he can come out here screaming the map has been completely fixed. Don't say this is unlikely because it has happened before. People do do stupid stuff on the internets.

Not saying that this is true, just saying it can happen. Also, if you have your computer turns off, shouldn't your tags actually still be on your computer, or does your computer delete the stuff you have saved when there is a surge? Were the tags not saved when working on them?

Choking Victim
September 29th, 2008, 09:11 PM
What is there to confess about? I have nothing to confess to other then i lost all my tags from the end of August to now.
Your previous acts of immaturity have shattered any trust or respect the community had for you. Look at it from our angle, the same person that lied to us about being hacked recently posted a thread about losing a bunch of tags. I'm not saying your definitely lying about the situation, the circumstances are just questionable. Who's mom knows what a surge protector does, let alone how to disable one? Not to mention the timing of the event too.

Kalub
September 29th, 2008, 11:18 PM
Also, who in their right mind would disable one..... [Surge protector]

Smells in here >_>

Hunter
September 30th, 2008, 03:35 AM
E3pO can I ask you something, because you are never on xfire any more.

What happened in that company paying me for spending about a week modelling them that guitar?
You told me they were getting paid soon so I will get paid about 4 months ago or more... :S

yoyorast
September 30th, 2008, 08:49 AM
Come on guys, if he woulnd't like to go on working on the project he would tell me so.. and since the tags were lost, he never expressed anything like he is descouraged or he's so disgusted that he prefer to stop.. no no, he and I are now waiting shadowspartan to get the tags back to start the process again.. in the mean time Matooba and Derick send us their last corected version of the quad and I'm still reworking some little things on the model.. + I'm still waiting for some corrections I asked to Skyline on the custom hog.. (sky , if you're reading..)

If I'm wrong, e3po please tell me what you really think.

supersniper
September 30th, 2008, 05:15 PM
E3pO I agree you do tend to start projects and somehow they end up dieing out like WM clan what happened to that? But I do believe him in losing tags who would lie about that there's no benefit really (or at least I cannot see one)

Kalub
September 30th, 2008, 11:37 PM
Yea? And you suck at spelling.
Sneaky ninja is sneaky, and full on <3
Alright?

Sel
October 1st, 2008, 06:33 AM
Yea? And you suck at spelling.
Sneaky ninja is sneaky, and full on <3
Alright?

Ninja text is very not ninja in the crysis theme :|

`Abias
October 1st, 2008, 10:46 AM
Spelling on the internet is serousleeouje bizz

InnerGoat
October 1st, 2008, 01:17 PM
So, any reply from the "laser man" yet?

yoyorast
October 2nd, 2008, 05:02 PM
So, any reply from the "laser man" yet?

Don't know about the laser man but ShadowSpartan is doing well now entring phase of renaming the tags..
In the mean time I'm making a last retouch to the model.. adding lots of strips textures and cosmetic stuff.. and about this, (I didn't want to make a new thread bout that) I'm looking for a texture I saw in the last Higuy map called "Peril" ...Maybe someone could tell me where I could find this texture? here it is on the picture :
http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/4512/haloce2008100102511700gz6.th.jpg (http://img530.imageshack.us/my.php?image=haloce2008100102511700gz6.jpg)

Thanks guys

Disaster
October 2nd, 2008, 05:03 PM
Use HEK+ to extract it :P\

yoyorast
October 2nd, 2008, 05:58 PM
Use HEK+ to extract it :P\

Thanks for your help man, I think I know how to do it now.. (not talking bout hek+ here guys lol)

Hunter
October 3rd, 2008, 06:00 AM
You need me to do anything yet yoyo? When you do just PM me telling me what you need.

Pooky
October 3rd, 2008, 09:21 AM
Ninja text is very not ninja in the crysis theme :|

You're giving away our secret man :maddowns:

ShadowSpartan
October 3rd, 2008, 09:50 AM
You need me to do anything yet yoyo? When you do just PM me telling me what you need.
Want to rename 1,402 tags? :p And yes, that is how many tags are protected in this yoyo map.

Matooba
October 3rd, 2008, 11:11 AM
Not just rename, don't you have to re-point the paths too?

ShadowSpartan
October 3rd, 2008, 11:19 AM
Not just rename, don't you have to re-point the paths too?
Not necessarily ;).

Matooba
October 3rd, 2008, 11:20 AM
@Yoyorast:

I believe your speaking of the unearthed bitmap.
Could be wrong though.....

@ShadowSpartan:

How does it re appoint its path then?

ShadowSpartan
October 3rd, 2008, 11:21 AM
@ShadowSpartan:

How does it re appoint its path then?
Add me on MSN.

Hunter
October 3rd, 2008, 01:16 PM
Want to rename 1,402 tags? :p And yes, that is how many tags are protected in this yoyo map.

I think that it would be easier for the person who created most of the tags to do that. because they will have more of a clue to were they go and stuff. Lol.

ShadowSpartan
October 3rd, 2008, 01:23 PM
I think that it would be easier for the person who created most of the tags to do that. because they will have more of a clue to were they go and stuff. Lol.
Not really.

Masterz1337
October 3rd, 2008, 01:24 PM
L o fucking L indeed.

StankBacon
October 3rd, 2008, 02:54 PM
is there any idea what the tags are supposed to be called? and not just a total guessing game?

if so, fuck it ill do it.

Choking Victim
October 3rd, 2008, 03:04 PM
you don't have to rename the stock tags too...just rename the custom ones.

StankBacon
October 7th, 2008, 11:49 PM
so... ?

ShadowSpartan
October 8th, 2008, 10:33 AM
so... ?
I've been busy with life and college related stuff, so time to work on it is limited. I'm still working on it though, and I am making progress.

Hunter
October 16th, 2008, 08:43 AM
so... ?
So... ?

yoyorast
October 16th, 2008, 09:03 AM
So, as Shadow said, he is busy with school so recovering progress is slow and at the moment we've seen nothing recovered yet :p
In the mean time I didn't stop to retouch the model : Made some little structure modifs to prevent some possible shortcuts I noticed with the Matooba's ATV.. - Tried to change/add different textures to make the whole thing coherent and cool + going more in details adding a lot of strips n' bumps.. There may still be One last retouch to make (at the texture level) but I have to see the thing ingame to see where and what to change.. but this really will be the last change.. In that perspective I asked e3po to make some build with this updated model (with the old tags of june for the moment).. It's coming tonight hopefully..
In the end, it sounds Shadow won't be able to recover Everything but can recover some key parts like the last version custom hog and the big stuff.. The rest of the stuff can be extract from the old june build (already done by 3po) other more recent stuff not recovered will have to be redone..
The plan is to have E3po and Shadow Spartan to work closely on this process..
On his side Matooba and Derrick have done the last modifs on the ATV, didn't tested it yet but should be close to final if not final..
I won't drop guys, and my partners won't drop either cause I won't drop them. :D

Hunter
October 16th, 2008, 11:52 AM
If you need an extra partner then I am here yoy.

ShadowSpartan
October 16th, 2008, 12:03 PM
So, as Shadow said, he is busy with school so recovering progress is slow and at the moment we've seen nothing recovered yet :p
I wouldn't say that nothing has been recovered, however, parts of some tags have. Like the main tags of the custom hog have all been done.

Hunter
October 16th, 2008, 12:34 PM
Well nice work Shadow.

STLRamsFan
October 16th, 2008, 01:15 PM
Glad to hear things are moving along. Keep it up guys.

FluffyDucky™
October 17th, 2008, 08:58 AM
Does this mean that yoyo2 will come out... eventually?

ShadowSpartan
October 17th, 2008, 09:47 AM
Does this mean that yoyo2 will come out... eventually?
Of course it will eventually come out, it has just been set back....again.

Andrew_b
October 18th, 2008, 04:14 PM
Sorry, I'm too lazy to read the whole topic. Has the map been unprotected yet?

Matooba
October 18th, 2008, 05:49 PM
no

UPDATE: Yes......lol

ShadowSpartan
October 18th, 2008, 08:24 PM
Ok well, I've spent a lot of today working on the map file. And I can gladly say that the map is usable again, and compiles just fine. So as soon as Ep3o gets back from his trip, he can get back to work on the map.

I compiled a build with the latest mongoose files and such, so that yoyo could test it out. Matooba, Yoyo and I played around for a bit. Here are a few pictures of us driving around in the hog. Just trying to help ease the wait.
Note: The shaders are radiosity is not final and does not reflect what the final build will look like.

http://www.halotrialmods.org/zteam/personal_files/shadow/yoyopics2.png

http://www.halotrialmods.org/zteam/personal_files/shadow/yoyopics3.png

Sel
October 18th, 2008, 08:32 PM
Great to hear.

LinkandKvel
October 18th, 2008, 08:48 PM
I'm surprised this hasn't lost it's hype yet...sadly with me it has :(. I kinda lost interest it's been so long but it looks good I guess.

Phopojijo
October 18th, 2008, 10:23 PM
Awesome work, not don't be uptight with the map "protector".

Time and time again DRM has proven to be purely self-destructive.

You hate it when corporations do it... don't do it o.o

Cortexian
October 19th, 2008, 03:01 AM
I still only have one beta on my backup server so I'm asking again, whoever is currently using the most complete (and unprotected) version of the map please send me a PM here or on the Yoyorast forums. I will respond with information on how to upload the latest beta(s) to my backup server.

Thanks.

ShadowSpartan
October 19th, 2008, 10:25 AM
I still only have one beta on my backup server so I'm asking again, whoever is currently using the most complete (and unprotected) version of the map please send me a PM here or on the Yoyorast forums. I will respond with information on how to upload the latest beta(s) to my backup server.

Thanks.
Well, there are three of us, soon to be four, who have the latest build now. So unless four of our pc's simultaneously explode, as well as our backup drives, we should be fine. I'll talk to Yoyo and see if he wants it uploaded.

Hunter
October 19th, 2008, 11:36 AM
Well, there are three of us, soon to be four, who have the latest build now. So unless four of our pc's simultaneously explode, as well as our backup drives, we should be fine. I'll talk to Yoyo and see if he wants it uploaded.

You never know. Don't jinx your self Lol.

Hotrod
October 19th, 2008, 12:00 PM
Glad to hear that this is getting back into production. And man, I love that Warthog...