PDA

View Full Version : The Phantom is being remade.

CodeBrain
October 25th, 2008, 02:29 PM
I'm remaking the phantom to be more exactly like Halo 2, as the first one was incorrectly made.

(1). Bitmaps have been remade (Now its the original colors, with a dark multi.
(2). The turrets arms will come down as normal, with the turret head as the ai.

These are so far so good right now. However, Im having difficulties with #2. The original phantom has a AI/player get in the phantom in order for the turrets to go down. Recorded Animations do not work with somebody driving the recorded vehicle. In this case, the turrets wont go down without a driver.

Is there a way to make the turrets go down even through there are no drivers present?

Advancebo
October 25th, 2008, 03:34 PM
Attached AI made to look like the turrets?

CodeBrain
October 25th, 2008, 03:48 PM
The first one did that. It used both the arm and the head of the turret. The sides looked messed up. This time, I am making the arms go down, but have only the head as the turret.

teh lag
October 25th, 2008, 03:48 PM
Is there a way to make the turrets go down even through there are no drivers present?

Just add a dumb (no aiming or anything) AI to a seat flagged as a driver... or use unit_open/unit_close in scripts.

Or, just don't have them move at all; have the model be by default un the lowered state.

CodeBrain
October 25th, 2008, 03:51 PM
Just add an AI to a seat flagged as a driver...

Recorded Animations do not work with somebody driving the recorded vehicle.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b152/ShadowFireMario/awesome_collection/png.png

Edit: Lulz, stupid edit. :P

teh lag
October 25th, 2008, 03:53 PM
Or, just don't have them move at all; have the model be by default un the lowered state.

Also, I distinctly remember having AI drivers in pelicans and the RAs working.

E : yeah.

CodeBrain
October 25th, 2008, 04:01 PM
Was it in CMT's Campaign? I can remember that the Pelicans on A30 had marines in them. Ill try it out.

CodeBrain
October 26th, 2008, 09:44 PM
Ok, I just finished getting all the turret heads removed. Only thing now is...

No get function for undefined.

...Fuck. I know it means I didn't place a material on a certain piece of geometry, but I tried looking EVERYWHERE. (Trust me when I say that. I checked, double checked using ID Select, and triple checked with Select ID while looking at the geometry extensively. I couldn't find ANY piece that had no materials on it. I've been working on this particular problem for a hour now, I'm about to tear my hair out. I just want this in-game already :(

Any ideas how to get me out of this nightmare?

Gwunty
October 26th, 2008, 10:11 PM
Unhide everything in max.

CodeBrain
October 26th, 2008, 10:25 PM
That good sir, did not work. *Another one bites the dust...*

I thought it would work, and I rechecked, nothing seemed out of the ordinary. In fact, it looked the same as I did before. Looked inside, outside, thoroughly for both, but could not find it. I'm starting to die inside. :(

Gwunty
October 26th, 2008, 10:42 PM
I ment for you to unhide everything, includeing whats in the model and any objects that arnt exactly part of the model. make shure that your nodes are properly named so tool dosnt think that they are geomtery.

CodeBrain
October 26th, 2008, 11:01 PM
Wow. I am so retarded that I need your last post to make sense. I forgot to place # before I placed the nodes for ghosts and the wraith. Boy I feel retarded. :)

Thanks alot. +rep. I will make a thread in the release section when finished. Thread locked.

CtrlAltDestroy
October 26th, 2008, 11:22 PM
# is for markers
frame/bip01 is for nodes

CodeBrain
October 27th, 2008, 01:49 AM
I have successfully got it in-game. teh lag was correct about drivers, as the elite driver was flying it correctly without animations failing, and then some.

Problem is this:

(1). The turrets are all located at the frame hull node, which I didnt set them to go there. I linked it to there however. Whats linked is the seats for the turrets to go in, which are located near the arms. The thing is, the AI go to a node near the beginning of the head of the phantom. I remember having this issue before, but I cant seem for the life of me remember to fix this up. A fresh juggle of my memory should fix it.

(2). Althrough the animations say when as driver is driving the vehicle, the arms would go down. The arms DID NOT go down when the elite was driving. I was woulding it could have something to do with something at my end of changing the tags, althrough I am not too sure.

Remember, the faster I get help, The more likey chance this phantom will be out faster! :D

I know that was a bad attempt at getting answers quicker, but hey, what can you do? :P

CodeBrain
October 27th, 2008, 02:42 PM
Ok, I figured out the problem. It was something to do about my markers. The seats weren't in Guerilla, but they were in Max. Its very weird.