PDA

View Full Version : Installing quake 2 evolved

Needles
November 10th, 2008, 05:50 PM
Does anybody here know how to install it?

The instructions are quite shitty:
. - extracted all the .pk2 files from September 10, 2008 - quake-ii-evolved-3.zip (318 MB) -
requires Quake 2 v. 3.20 into a \temp directory
2. - deleted all the original .pk2 files
3. - went to \temp, searched for "*_d.*" and deleted all those files
4. - extracted q2e_extras.pk2 into \temp
5. - zipped all the sub-directories of \temp naming it _q2e_Buzzard.pk2
6. - moved _q2e_Buzzard.pk2 (572 MB) into \baseq2

I don't have a "temp" folder in my quake 2. And, after that download, there are no ".pk2" files, just .tga and .mtr files, and a few other types.
Anybody have quake 2 and know how to install this? The website forums for this hasn't had a post since October, so I'm guessing forums there are dead.
I have the quake 2 that came with the quake 4 special dvd edition, and I'm on windows vista.

Needles
November 10th, 2008, 07:18 PM
Update: got another file that matched up more to the instructions. But my quake II has NO .p2k files, just .pak ones. I've done what the instructions said without doing anything about ".p2k" files, because I have none. It didn't work.

Pooky
November 11th, 2008, 11:49 AM
Haven't you ever installed anything for Q2 before?

Just patch the game (if it's unpatched), dump the zip contents into your Quake 2 folder and run the .exe

Oh and since you don't seem to understand what a pk2 file is do it on a clean install

Needles
November 11th, 2008, 05:56 PM
Haven't you ever installed anything for Q2 before?

Just patch the game (if it's unpatched), dump the zip contents into your Quake 2 folder and run the .exe

Oh and since you don't seem to understand what a pk2 file is do it on a clean install
I lost my quake 4 bonus disk, how would I re-install? :(