PDA

View Full Version : Can fog go above the fog plane?

Andrew_b
November 25th, 2008, 04:10 PM
Hi, I made a city map, and I want it to be dark and rainy, with a layer of fog cutting off the tops of the skyscrapers. I have added the fog, but it goes below the fog plane. This makes the whole city BUT the tops of the buildings foggy. So I'm wondering, can fog go above the fog plane?

Advancebo
November 25th, 2008, 04:16 PM
Why dont you just move the fog plane up? Also just make 2 fog planes facing opposite ways

Andrew_b
November 25th, 2008, 04:18 PM
This is the first time I have ever worked with fog. So if I make the lower plane faces facing up, and the higher plane faces facing down, the fog will be in between those two planes?

I'll go try it right now.

Roostervier
November 25th, 2008, 04:59 PM
I'm pretty sure there are fog settings in the .sky tag, which is what you should modify in this case.

Andrew_b
November 25th, 2008, 05:09 PM
If you truly understand how weather works in halo, and you understand my post, you would know that what I want to accomplish can not be done in guerilla alone.

Edit: I'm having a hard time... If 2 fog planes are in one cluster, tool gives me an error, and if I make a new cluster using an exact portal with the fog plane above the exact portal, the fog still covers the whole map, including the tops of the buildings.

p0lar_bear
November 25th, 2008, 10:42 PM
Did you try flipping the normals of the fog plane in MAX?

Andrew_b
November 25th, 2008, 11:22 PM
I might have, although I have the fog just the way I want it now.