PDA

View Full Version : Speaker Test Works, Audio From Computer Isn't

BobtheGreatII
November 30th, 2008, 07:42 PM
Yeah... so through the computer, I can test the sound in the drivers... and it sends the little tune through each speaker, but like... there's no sound coming from anything else on my computer, e.g. youtube, media player, movies, boot up sounds. It's kind of odd... anyone have any ideas.

And no, nothing is muted.

Cortexian
November 30th, 2008, 08:01 PM
Speakers are default sound device, Yes/No?

Saggy
November 30th, 2008, 08:01 PM
Under Control Panel>Sounds, Speeches, and Audio Devices>Sound and Audio Devices, click on the Audio tab in the dialog box that pops up. Verify that your Sound Card/Device is listed and selected under Sound Playback. That's the only thing I can think of. If it isn't listed, you might want to get someone to help you. I had this happen to me before and I can't remember off the top of my head how I solved the problem. I'll do some searching around.

BobtheGreatII
November 30th, 2008, 08:10 PM
Under Control Panel>Sounds, Speeches, and Audio Devices>Sound and Audio Devices, click on the Audio tab in the dialog box that pops up. Verify that your Sound Card/Device is listed and selected under Sound Playback. That's the only thing I can think of. If it isn't listed, you might want to get someone to help you. I had this happen to me before and I can't remember off the top of my head how I solved the problem. I'll do some searching around.

Thanks... That wasn't really what I needed, but it led me in the right direction to fix it. So thanks a lot. +rep