PDA

View Full Version : Anyone interested in helping me?

Corvette19
December 18th, 2008, 05:26 PM
I'd like a "tutor" to show me how to BSP model.
I have 3ds max 8, and I have the will to learn.:dance:
If you would be so kind.
I'd like for someone to show me over Teamviewer, or something of the sorts, and it would be nice if you had Xfire.
You can add me, corvette19.
Thanks alot :D

Heathen
December 18th, 2008, 05:56 PM
Do they have to be white?

Why dont you just watch some tutorials?

KiLLa
December 18th, 2008, 05:57 PM
Seriously..whos gonna sit and tutor someone they don't know, without being payed money?
Go watch tutorials like everyone else..

Corvette19
December 18th, 2008, 07:16 PM
Do they have to be white?

Why dont you just watch some tutorials?
Nice way to stereotype all southerners as racist.
Maybe I actually have pride in my region?
And tutorials on these never really helped me, I learn better "hands on".

Seriously..whos gonna sit and tutor someone they don't know, without being payed money?
Go watch tutorials like everyone else..
Notice I put tutor in quotes.
It's not like all day everyday, just showing me the basics, and have an interactive tutorial pretty much.

=sw=warlord
December 18th, 2008, 07:19 PM
Instead of spreading insult and abuse wy not just ignore the thread.
Il help you learn the basics don't worry corvette.
Im British care to start bitching about my land yanks?

Roostervier
December 18th, 2008, 07:20 PM
That's why you try modeling after watching. Seems fairly hands-on to me. <_<

If nothing else, just experiment and model as much as you can. As mentioned, no one will ever just sit down with you and teach you how to model without getting paid. Besides, anything they would do would be the same as watching a tutorial. The only difference is that instead of hearing words, you see text; and instead of seeing what happens to the model when you do whatever to it, you see nothing. Just watch the tutorials like everybody else.

DarkHalo003
December 18th, 2008, 07:22 PM
You could ask Joshflighter. He taught Chains how to decently model.

Corvette19
December 18th, 2008, 07:25 PM
That's why you try modeling after watching. Seems fairly hands-on to me. <_<

As mentioned, no one will ever just sit down with you and teach you how to model without getting paid.
Warlord is.
Some people are actually decent enough to help people.

Anton
December 18th, 2008, 07:32 PM
You got your point across Corvette, Just let it go now. :)

Heathen that wasn't necessary.

<3 ALL people.

Roostervier
December 18th, 2008, 07:37 PM
Im British care to start bitching about my land yanks?Where the hell did that come from? :confused:

DaneO'Roo
December 18th, 2008, 07:38 PM
Your doomed to fail. Just stop.

It's called Passion and Initiative. You lack them, then you lack the motivation.

Corvette19
December 18th, 2008, 07:41 PM
Your doomed to fail. Just stop.

It's called Passion and Initiative. You lack them, then you lack the motivation.
I like to call it replacement.
The guy who was gonna BSP model for my team left, so I figured I'd learn how to do it myself, rather than go hunt for another guy.

DaneO'Roo
December 18th, 2008, 07:47 PM
So fucking learn yourself like everyone else did/does.

No one ever gets good from someone elses teaching, you have to take it on mentally yourself, otherwise you miss the whole creative learning process.

FluffyDucky™
December 18th, 2008, 07:47 PM
I've said this in another thread... people need to be taught and need a little push to get started and then maybe, just maybe, they will become one of the greatest people we've seen in whatever area they are getting into. If he says what he has watched hasn't helped him much it's because he may not be as literate in the game development/modding areas as you guys might be.

Why not help him? Everyone's greedy and self absorbed these days. If I knew I'd be glad to help, I'm a helping person, not a complainer. Positive attitudes are the way to go! :) My opinion anyways.

e: Dane, you are right, just some people need a helping hand at first.

DaneO'Roo
December 18th, 2008, 07:50 PM
Ducky that whole post was stupid.

If people lack the push in the beginning, they never were truly cut out for it.

It's more than just wanting it. You have to just do it.

I learned myself the hard way, so did everyone else who is actually good. Anyone who goes to those institutions to become game designers never ever succeed and if they do, they end up corporate scrouging people for EA, because they're heartless fuckfaces.

It's not a matter of "tutorials didn't HALP MEEE" it's a matter of hes a) fucking lazy and b) forcing himself to learn something which he deep down doesn't like.

=sw=warlord
December 18th, 2008, 07:59 PM
No one ever gets good from someone elses teaching, you have to take it on mentally yourself, otherwise you miss the whole creative learning process.
Snafubar?
he learned by studying and being taught >_>.
if i remember he was/still is a student.

FluffyDucky™
December 18th, 2008, 08:03 PM
Ducky that whole post was stupid.

If people lack the push in the beginning, they never were truly cut out for it.

It's more than just wanting it. You have to just do it.

I learned myself the hard way, so did everyone else who is actually good. Anyone who goes to those institutions to become game designers never ever succeed and if they do, they end up corporate scrouging people for EA, because they're heartless fuckfaces.

It's not a matter of "tutorials didn't HALP MEEE" it's a matter of hes a) fucking lazy and b) forcing himself to learn something which he deep down doesn't like.

Mmmm yeah, I agree. :(

Corvette19
December 18th, 2008, 08:04 PM
Different people learn different ways.
And is it up to you whether I want to force myself to learn it?
I have actually wanted to do it for a while, just some of the tutorials didn't work out for me.
And dude, whats with all the negativity?

DaneO'Roo
December 18th, 2008, 09:08 PM
Snafubar?

Yeah, but he had the initiative OUTSIDE of those studies.

Tutorials never worked for this guy because hes lazy. Theres millions of em out there, just fucking try. Shit, I barely used any tutorials at all. The onyl ones I have used are for things like texture baking and photoshop actions.

Syuusuke
December 18th, 2008, 09:59 PM
if i remember he was/still is a student.If I remember (awhile while back) he was apparently too smart for his institution and left...but I don't know about now.

Come on, use google to get you started, you should ask questions if you don't get something, not to get something done.

FluffyDucky™
December 18th, 2008, 10:00 PM
He talks to me all day about girls. :) And can't show me what his working on cause it's for his job and yeah.. :( ..

Snowy
December 18th, 2008, 10:12 PM
Nice way to stereotype all southerners as racist.
Maybe I actually have pride in my region?
And tutorials on these never really helped me, I learn better "hands on".
There's nothing prideful about what the south has done, regarding race, which is what the flag represents. I think that confederate flag is just as disrespectful as burning the American flag. Shame on you for having it as your avatar.

Anyway. If you lack the motivation to first go out and really try to learn by reading tutorials, and watching videos, why would anyone think that you're going to listen to them when they try and teach you? Why don't you try to learn by yourself, see if you can. Then, if you can't, post what you're having trouble with, what you've done already etc. I guarantee you that you will learn about 100x better with self problem-solving rather than someone just showing you how to do something.

Corvette19
December 18th, 2008, 11:15 PM
Anyway. If you lack the motivation to first go out and really try to learn by reading tutorials, and watching videos, why would anyone think that you're going to listen to them when they try and teach you? Why don't you try to learn by yourself, see if you can. Then, if you can't, post what you're having trouble with, what you've done already etc. I guarantee you that you will learn about 100x better with self problem-solving rather than someone just showing you how to do something.

Maybe you misunderstood my post.
I said I had tried tutorials, it just didn't work out for me.
I tried HGuru's and Yayap the Grunt's, and a few others that I can't remember.

There's nothing prideful about what the south has done, regarding race, which is what the flag represents. I think that confederate flag is just as disrespectful as burning the American flag. Shame on you for having it as your avatar.

The flag does not represent race, are you really that stupid?
Maybe I actually support what my ancestors fought for.
What all our ancestors fought for.
No taxation without representation, the North was taxing the south harshly, the South made up 20% of the United States' population, yet they were paying 80% of the taxes. Does that sound fair? Would you stand by with that?

Chainsy
December 18th, 2008, 11:27 PM
Corvette, I'll teach you, add me on xfire, 1chains1.

mech
December 18th, 2008, 11:33 PM
You should be honored to have =sw=warlord and sKc Chains teaching you how to model, you'll be a pro in no time at all.

Corvette19
December 18th, 2008, 11:44 PM
I'm going to return the favor someday!
+Rep for now though!

Chainsy
December 19th, 2008, 12:31 AM
You should be honored to have =sw=warlord and sKc Chains teaching you how to model, you'll be a pro in no time at all.
One more person in the world that will show your pathetic ass up, thats for sure.

mech
December 19th, 2008, 12:56 AM
That sounds like an insult. You have offended my honor, I challenge you to a duel.

SnaFuBAR
December 19th, 2008, 01:27 AM
Snafubar?
No, I was never taught 3d modeling in my time spent learning the correct industrial design processes. I learned by setting out to do it, watching tutorials, sharing my work and receiving crit from the people who were better than me.

If I remember (awhile while back) he was apparently too smart for his institution and left...but I don't know about now.

Come on, use google to get you started, you should ask questions if you don't get something, not to get something done.

Got damn I wish I was too smart for that institution. I was there with world class professionals, and I, like the others who attended, were the best applicants in the world from our respective areas, and still had much to live up to by our instructors' standards. It was a matter of expenses. Money and health. When your family is too wealthy for gov't aid, and not well off enough to pay $1200 WEEKLY for tuition and pay for everything else, it's damned hard. Having a job to help pay was not an option, ever, nor could it ever be with that institute.

But it's true, use google, and find better tutorials. There's so many out there you'd find quite a bit.

He talks to me all day about girls. :) And can't show me what his working on cause it's for his job and yeah.. :( ..

WOMENZ.

How much I wish I could post up stuff here... fucking killing me.

Maybe you misunderstood my post.
I said I had tried tutorials, it just didn't work out for me.
I tried HGuru's and Yayap the Grunt's, and a few others that I can't remember.

Get better tuts. Watch them over and over and over. Navigate the toolbars and such in max. Do practice meshes.

One more person in the world that will show your pathetic ass up, thats for sure.

mech is a p good modeler, keep working if you believe that.

FluffyDucky™
December 19th, 2008, 01:44 AM
It's okay snaffy waffy we love you! :D

Timo
December 19th, 2008, 04:22 AM
Corvette19 i'm not sure whether you realise it or not but a decent tutorial by a skilled modeler will help you just as much, and is no different than watching someone over the internet do it infront of you. You might be able to stop and ask them questions, but a good tutorial should be able to answer them for you as you watch. This tutorial here: http://www.moddb.com/tutorials/beretta-9000-video-tutorial is one of those tutorials - something you need to sit down and watch and model along with. I know that you're wanting to model a map and not a gun, but you can see easily what he's doing and he explains the processes that he's going through, as well as the tools he uses as he models. Because of this it's pretty long winded, but since you say you have the will to learn that shouldn't bother you. After watching it you'll be able to apply the technique and tools he uses on other things. Start off small; don't try and launch yourself into a fully blown bsp with all the bells and whistles because I promise you now, you'll fall flat on your face.

Most people here (as you've seen) don't agree with hand outs to new members, but hands up - if you can't help yourself to readily available tutorials (this is the internet, everything is here), nobody will be willing to help you. You're wanting someone you can fire off questions to at a moments notice, and since you're not known in the community at all someone with experienced in this field is highly unlikely to cater to your needs. If you become reliant on someone being there for you, you won't learning anything. It'd be like sitting in an exam room with a teacher you can ask questions.

Hopefully you'll think about this and avoid just going to sKc_Chains or =sw=warlord straight away.

Hunter
December 19th, 2008, 08:02 AM
So that's why I always fail exams...

=sw=warlord
December 19th, 2008, 10:36 AM
Timo, instead of saying no one will help, please notice 2 people have already offered to help, although i dont know about the other guy i've already started to help him out, so i think this thread has served its purpose?

SnaFuBAR
December 19th, 2008, 01:22 PM
Honestly, I would rather watch more and more tutorials than have these two attempt to teach me. Chains is honestly no good at modeling, and warlord needs to learn how to control his meshes better before he can adequately teach someone.

Corvette19
December 19th, 2008, 03:21 PM
Corvette19 i'm not sure whether you realise it or not but a decent tutorial by a skilled modeler will help you just as much, and is no different than watching someone over the internet do it infront of you. You might be able to stop and ask them questions, but a good tutorial should be able to answer them for you as you watch. This tutorial here: http://www.moddb.com/tutorials/beretta-9000-video-tutorial is one of those tutorials - something you need to sit down and watch and model along with. I know that you're wanting to model a map and not a gun, but you can see easily what he's doing and he explains the processes that he's going through, as well as the tools he uses as he models. Because of this it's pretty long winded, but since you say you have the will to learn that shouldn't bother you. After watching it you'll be able to apply the technique and tools he uses on other things. Start off small; don't try and launch yourself into a fully blown bsp with all the bells and whistles because I promise you now, you'll fall flat on your face.

Most people here (as you've seen) don't agree with hand outs to new members, but hands up - if you can't help yourself to readily available tutorials (this is the internet, everything is here), nobody will be willing to help you. You're wanting someone you can fire off questions to at a moments notice, and since you're not known in the community at all someone with experienced in this field is highly unlikely to cater to your needs. If you become reliant on someone being there for you, you won't learning anything. It'd be like sitting in an exam room with a teacher you can ask questions.

Hopefully you'll think about this and avoid just going to sKc_Chains or =sw=warlord straight away.

Hey, thanks.
I've been looking for that M9 tutorial!:highfive:
Thanks a TON!
+rep, ah like you need it ;)

Timo
December 19th, 2008, 08:02 PM
Great, there's no need for this thread anymore.