PDA

View Full Version : So...

Atty
January 15th, 2009, 04:20 PM
I'm going to be in West Virginia tomorrow, heading up to the mountains to stay in a cabin for the weekend and I'm a bit worried....

I've only ever lived in California (for a few months after birth, so this doesn't really count...) and Florida, both are warm places, cold here is 60 degrees or so, and apparently it's going to be NEGATIVE TEMPERATURES THIS WEEKEND WHERE WE ARE GOING D:

My idea of cold weather clothing is a hoodie and jeans, maybe actually wearing shoes instead of sandals....I think I might die this weekend.

CN3089
January 15th, 2009, 04:25 PM
cold here is 60 degrees
gahahahahaah that's like fuckin room temperature jesus

Mostly Cloudy, -20ºC (-4ºF)

Snow showers, -30ºC (-23ºF)

you big babby

Hotrod
January 15th, 2009, 04:30 PM
Don't be a sissy, learn to love snow. :)

Oh, and move to Canada *peer pressure*

Seriously though have fun, and if you die, I promise to wait 2 weeks before throwing a party- I mean...umm...yeeaah...

flibitijibibo
January 15th, 2009, 05:10 PM
Eh, you'll get used to it. Just bundle up every time you get the opportunity.

Random
January 15th, 2009, 05:11 PM
Just get a heavy coat and you must have hats and gloves. Jeans should be ok for the weather. I guess you could wear thermal underwear under them if you want to be warmer.

MastaCheefa
January 15th, 2009, 05:25 PM
Well, you will be in a cabin..I dont think you have much to worry about. Granted it has a heater.

PopeAK49
January 15th, 2009, 05:31 PM
O and remember there's ice. Just letting you know so you don't slip and fall on your ass when you get there lol.

I snow machined in -50 in Fairbanks, Alaska. It wasn't that bad although my cheeks almost got frostbit.

Bodzilla
January 15th, 2009, 05:35 PM
gahahahahaah that's like fuckin room temperature jesus

you big babby
hows that frozen tundra working out for you :downs:

DarkHalo003
January 15th, 2009, 05:42 PM
Bundle up like the kids in the Christmas story and you might be okay.

jngrow
January 15th, 2009, 05:48 PM
I'm going to be in West Virginia tomorrow, heading up to the mountains to stay in a cabin for the weekend and I'm a bit worried....

I've only ever lived in California (for a few months after birth, so this doesn't really count...) and Florida, both are warm places, cold here is 60 degrees or so, and apparently it's going to be NEGATIVE TEMPERATURES THIS WEEKEND WHERE WE ARE GOING D:

My idea of cold weather clothing is a hoodie and jeans, maybe actually wearing shoes instead of sandals....I think I might die this weekend.

Have you ever been in snow? I live in California, but I've been in a blizzard, with the wind chill factor I'm pretty sure it was negative.

You will probably be fine if you bring heavy clothes.

Sel
January 15th, 2009, 05:50 PM
Wuss, its -45c here. :maddowns:

Hotrod
January 15th, 2009, 06:04 PM
Wuss, its -45c here. :maddowns:
So that's how cold it was...I forgot to check...

TeeKup
January 15th, 2009, 06:16 PM
Pack your furr undies love cause West Virginia is a snow topped wonderland. I go there every fall to enjoy the scenery.

Warsaw
January 15th, 2009, 06:46 PM
Ever seen beginning of Empire Strikes Back?

Yes, dress like that and you'll be fine. :downs:

Corndogman
January 15th, 2009, 10:05 PM
Going up north during winter sucks for us Floridians, mainly because we don't own anything more than jeans and a hoodie, as he said. I haven't been in negative temps before though, so good luck there atty.

Heathen
January 15th, 2009, 11:58 PM
coldest ever for me was -17 and I was in my wet boxers.

LinkandKvel
January 16th, 2009, 12:45 AM
Are you guys measuring in celsius or farhenheit?

Saggy
January 16th, 2009, 05:48 AM
On days where it's ~-25°C I just wear a winter jacket with a sweater underneath with my hood up, and a pair of jeans and shoes when I walk my 20 minute walk to school. Live in Canada for a year and you'll be used to the cold.

On a completely unrelated note, buses were cancelled today (and also for the past two days) for "extreme cold" and it's only -28. WTF?

Atty
January 16th, 2009, 07:10 AM
I still haven't even packed and my flight leaves in a few hours, lolin, off to class for me

blind
January 16th, 2009, 09:11 AM
holy fuck. you have no IDEA what cold is ATTISUC
i thought my dick was gonna fall off after going on a 20 minute walk to timmies :(