PDA

View Full Version : {Idea} Im sure we all love Zombies, so...

Alwin Roth
January 24th, 2009, 12:35 PM
Introduction: (dont need to read if your a lazy ass)

ok well, i noticed that there's a zombie server running 24/7 on halo ce,
called the abyll's zombie, and the only map they're usually on is
Cmt_snow_Grove, the server is usally full, not enabling me to get on it as much,
and it has a neat script where you automatically go blue (zombies) if you get killed by a zombie,
it also made it so zombies can neither throw grenades nor reload their weapons, (if a zombie used a weapon in halo, it wouldn't do any damage, unless they used the br grenade launcher)

-Rules to zombie-

Red is Human, blue is Zombie:
If a red is killed by a blue, the red has to go to blue then,
Last man standing is zombie for next game.
When your setting up the gametype you keep it on Slayer, but make it so its kill in order, without it showing the arrow on who to kill next...

-The Idea-

I'm wondering if someone is willing to make a zombie gameplay type map.

-The Map-

The environment is a city, there are about 3 levels for the city:

-Main Ground: has the street, gun shops, markets, etc. for hiding in.

-The subway: pretty much a shortcut to get into buildings, the zombies might as well spawn down there, thus enabling them to climb ladders and into shops the humans might be hiding in,
Or the humans could take it over (which will be hard) then they could use it for easy transport to certain places.

-The buildings, im not expecting you to be able to climb to the top of a city structure, just about perhaps 1-3 stories high, enabling you to snipe.

__________________________________________________ _____________

-Shops, Houses, Etc.-

here's some buildings you can find in the map

-GunShop:
Guns and ammo: very high
defence: very low
Medkits: None
Grenades: Frags
Notes: can be entered from back doors, front doors, ventilation shafts, basement, etc.

-Hospital:
Guns and ammo: very low
Defence: medium
Medkits: very high
Grenades: Molotovs
Notes: is located in the center of the map.

-Food Market:
Guns and ammo: Low
defence: medium
Medkits: medium
Grenades: none
Notes: shotguns are found here, food can be used as medkits, and defence is better than hospitals.

-Carpenter Stores:
guns and ammo: low
defence: High
Medkits: none
grenades: none
Notes: Has Alot of planks/ steel planks, making the defence in this place very high.

- Houses:
Guns and ammo: very low - high
defence: very low - medium
medkits: very low - medium
grenades: none - low
Notes: houses are completely random... perhaps if somone made a random
generator box, like the one in cod5, then they should set them in houses.

__________________________________________________ ______________

-Weapons-

-Pistol
-Str: low
-Speed: fast
-Reloard: fast
notes: starting weapon

-UZI
-Str: Low
-Speed: fast
-Reload: fast

-M-16
-Str: Medium-High (between those two)
-Speed: Medium
-Reload: Medium
Notes: shoots about as fast as the ma5k on cmt_snow_grove

-P90
-Str: High
-Speed: Fast
-Reload: Slow-Medium
Notes: best machine gun in map, however, only has about 2 spawn spots, and doesnt spawn as fast.

-Shotgun (#1 zombie repellent)
-Speed: Medium
-Reload: Slow
Notes: usually found in houses, or stores.

-Combat Shotgun
-Str: medium
-speed: fast
-Reload: Fast
Notes: instead of shells, it has a clip, but much weaker than the shotgun

-Sniper Rifle
-Speed: slow-Medium
-Reload: slow-medium
Notes: good for far-range, however, completely useless if your in a building.

-Flamethrower
-Str: very high
-speed: very Fast
-reload: Slow
Notes: only found in the subway, respawn for it takes long.

-Plank
-Def Str: low (can be destroyed in one melee)
Notes: Plank is not used as a weapon, what you do is you pic it up, Like a bubble shield, then you simply throw it at a doorway, then it will instantly stick to the doorway causing a helpful barrier... until the zombie comes

-steel Plank
-Def Str: high (can be destroyed in 5 melees)
Notes: hard to find, but it's great for defence

__________________________________________________ ___________--

-Zombie weapons- (only for zombies!)

Zombies can run a tad bit faster than humans,
are much more powerful, here's some things about them and what they can use

-Zombie hands (defualt)
-Str: medium-High
-speed: Very fast

-Zombie Speed Powerup (substitutes the overshield)
notes: makes zombies faster

-Zombie Jump Powerup (substitutes the camouflage)
Notes: makes zombie jump higher

-Zombie claws
-Str: very high
-Speed: medium-fast
notes: picked up from ground

-Thats all, now discuss, rant, hate, love, comment, suggest Below -

Dwood
January 24th, 2009, 12:55 PM
IGM intergalactic morons are responsible for that app in the server.

Sel
January 24th, 2009, 01:09 PM
Sounds like a good idea for Zombie Panic Source, not for halo.

Alwin Roth
January 24th, 2009, 01:12 PM
yeah, but i first need to get a good computer, than half life 2, then garrys mod, THEN i cant get zombie panic source, But you see, i cant. So im decide to stick to halo ce.

Sel
January 24th, 2009, 01:23 PM
yeah, but i first need to get a good computer, then half life 2, then garrys mod, THEN i cant get zombie panic source, But you see, i cant. So im decide to stick to halo ce.

:eng101:

You only need one HL2 game, Portal, or TF2. You do not need Gary's mod, you just need any of the other games listed.

Also source games don't have terribly high system requirements, chances are if you have any Direct X 9 graphics card you can run source games.

Hell I ran portal on my old Pentium 3, 256MB RAM, Nvidia Geforce FX 5200, and still managed to get a pretty good FPS :S

Alwin Roth
January 24th, 2009, 02:57 PM
:eng101:

You only need one HL2 game, Portal, or TF2. You do not need Gary's mod, you just need any of the other games listed.

Also source games don't have terribly high system requirements, chances are if you have any Direct X 9 graphics card you can run source games.

Hell I ran portal on my old Pentium 3, 256MB RAM, Nvidia Geforce FX 5200, and still managed to get a pretty good FPS :S

Oh cool-io.

but it would be nice to see it on halo, and it probably can be done...

Gamerkd16
January 24th, 2009, 03:45 PM
Oh cool-io.

but it would be nice to see it on halo, and it probably can be done...
You can't expect others to make a map for you just because you've got an idea. This type of thread has been done many, many times before and always ends the same way.

TeeKup
January 24th, 2009, 03:55 PM
Looks like someone didn't read a certain post a certain member made.

DJ_Stephan
January 24th, 2009, 04:46 PM
If anyone notices this is like Left 4 dead passing to Halo...And that in my book is a fail...In halo the zombies are mostly the dark color.And there is limited ammo drop (although we all know that maybe impossible to do in Halo 1).

And all that info on zombies is from Left 4 dead...Zombies in Halo are slower and have a ultra big overshield.

To me zombies in Halo is only fun when there is no big places for humans to nade jump and hide the whole match (pussies).And then they keep saying that zombies can nade jump too....Ok how stupid is that???

sdavis117
January 24th, 2009, 05:08 PM
I remember playing Zombie Source on someone elses PC at a Lan Party on CS:S. Fun as hell, even though it got weird when the guy hosting it enabled jetpacks for zombies.

PS: Everyone knows that zombies in real life are slow, not fast :D

mcwesalot
January 24th, 2009, 05:47 PM
If anyone notices this is like Left 4 dead passing to Halo...And that in my book is a fail...In halo the zombies are mostly the dark color.And there is limited ammo drop (although we all know that maybe impossible to do in Halo 1).

And all that info on zombies is from Left 4 dead...Zombies in Halo are slower and have a ultra big overshield.

To me zombies in Halo is only fun when there is no big places for humans to nade jump and hide the whole match (pussies).And then they keep saying that zombies can nade jump too....Ok how stupid is that??? Everything in red can be done with the use of the Brainz application.

Sel
January 24th, 2009, 06:06 PM
I remember playing Zombie mod on css

Zombie mod =/= Zombie Panic Source.

sdavis117
January 24th, 2009, 06:48 PM
Zombie mod =/= Zombie Panic Source.

Did I ever say otherwise in my post?

Sel
January 24th, 2009, 06:54 PM
Did I ever say otherwise in my post?

Yes in fact, you did.

Zombie Source on someone elses PC at a Lan Party on CS:S

sdavis117
January 24th, 2009, 07:36 PM
Yes in fact, you did.

But I never said Panic. Is it suddenly impossible for someone to make a mod for CS:S and call it Zombie Source?

Alwin Roth
January 24th, 2009, 08:50 PM

To me zombies in Halo is only fun when there is no big places for humans to nade jump and hide the whole match (pussies).And then they keep saying that zombies can nade jump too....Ok how stupid is that???

First off, you players can actually change how the spartans look like in halo custom edition, its called custom modeling.

Plus all the info i posted, i dont see how its taken from left 4 dead.
see i hate how people are saying every zombie thing is taken from left 4 dead, its not, left 4 dead took the idea of running zombies from 28 days later, and took some of the "defence" ideas from the popular zombie book, "The Z War"

You can't expect others to make a map for you just because you've got an idea. This type of thread has been done many, many times before and always ends the same way.

Read the post, my entire post, I Am not forcing anyone here to make a map for this , this is just an idea, that can be either used, read for entertainment, Or just taunted at.