PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite color and police.

MetKiller Joe
January 27th, 2009, 04:50 PM
I was driving back to my home today, and I saw a cop. I my heart sank, as usual, even though I've done nothing wrong.

Since kindergarten, my favorite color has always been blue.

How the I manage to link two seemingly unrelated things into one?

Well, I thought about it, and I don't really have a preference to blue. I have a preference to red, black, blue, white, and grey. But with blue, I respect it more than others. Red is linked to chaos in my mind, grey with apathy, white with cleanliness and void, black with nothingness and evilness. But blue? The only emotion I can get out of it is respect, maybe calmness.

So, now I ask you, what do you think your "favorite" color actually does to your physcology? And do you experience the same as I?

And yes, the majority of the police I see either have light blue or deep blue paint-jobs.

dark57
January 27th, 2009, 04:52 PM
blue = trust to me.

Syuusuke
January 27th, 2009, 05:13 PM
I find blue has too many meanings, which is exactly why I don't like blue.

Grey! Grey!

I only "afraid" of cops when I know I did something wrong and I'm being confronted, NYC cops are asses, well most of them are.

Jean-Luc
January 27th, 2009, 05:22 PM
Well, after taking color theory, blue is a color that not only calms (a lighter shade usually), but it's also a color used to display importance and authority.

DarkHalo003
January 27th, 2009, 05:23 PM
The police creep me out. My brother and I got pulled over once when I was barely wearing my seat belt wrong. I got yelled at for it and I have always worn by seat belt correctly since. I also am I newer driver, so the popo are definitely going to give me a reason to be wary on the road.

Heathen
January 27th, 2009, 05:37 PM
Midnight blue, but still blue.

Mass
January 27th, 2009, 05:56 PM
Categorization of favorites in this kind of subject is bewildering to me. I think picking out favorite colors and favorite bands et nauseum is silly; it's a waste of time and has no power to indicate things about anyone's personality or origins although people seem to constantly attribute these and other strange values to this irrelevant exercise. Why do people commit time to summarizing useless, fickle information?

I'd say I'm weary of police most of the time, and afraid when I'm carrying pot.

Rentafence
January 27th, 2009, 06:27 PM
All cops wear blue

All cops are crooked

Therefore blue is a crooked color

Corndogman
January 27th, 2009, 06:35 PM
Midnight blue, but still blue.

I was going to say the same thing. Midnight blue is my favorite color. To me, it represents peacefulness and calm, because it reminds me (of course) of the middle of the night, when everything is peaceful and nothing is going on.

ultama121
January 27th, 2009, 06:38 PM
Yeah, my favorite color is blue but I doesn't afraid of the cops.

flibitijibibo
January 27th, 2009, 06:45 PM
Black, it's compatible with all other colors. :downs:

I don't really care about the police, because I do nothing wrong (or right, for that matter). If I ever come across one of the new jerks hungry for power, I'll just remind him of the following:
1. I pay his salary.
2. Thus, he is a public servant.
3. Get me a coffee, bitch.

Jean-Luc
January 27th, 2009, 06:48 PM
You got that from George Carlin didn't you? :awesome:

flibitijibibo
January 27th, 2009, 06:50 PM
Yes, yes I did. I did because he is right :awesome:

Limited
January 27th, 2009, 06:53 PM
Fav colour is blue :)

When ever I see the cops I am always like "oh snap dont do anything wrong" lol. ALso when I'm driving and I see a cop car I always try to drive perfectly lol.

Trying to act sober when theres alot of cops around is hilarious. I'm completely out of it, slurring words andwobbling all over the place, yet I;m trying my hardest :) Dont want to get arrested.

Mr Buckshot
January 27th, 2009, 06:57 PM
Not all cops wear blue uniforms, you know. In some parts of the world their uniforms are light green or even white.

I have nothing to fear about cops, I do nothing wrong, no one in my family would even think of breaking the speed limit or any other reckless driving.

Rob Oplawar
January 27th, 2009, 07:04 PM
I ain't afraid a no coppers!

Heathen
January 27th, 2009, 07:39 PM
I was going to say the same thing. Midnight blue is my favorite color. To me, it represents peacefulness and calm, because it reminds me (of course) of the middle of the night, when everything is peaceful and nothing is going on.
I
Love
You.

Thats EXACTLY my explanation.

Of course, my favourite couple color is Neon Green

E: Like this...http://www.modacity.net/forums/styles/posticons/2d.png

Corndogman
January 27th, 2009, 08:01 PM
Must spread Rep again :(

We should totally meet irl :pervert:

Heathen
January 27th, 2009, 08:08 PM
Must spread Rep again :(

We should totally meet irl :pervert:
I know rape when I see it.

Sel
January 27th, 2009, 08:12 PM
Cop's can't do anything without arresting you, if they arrest you without reason and do not come up with any results from arresting you then it's false arrest which gives the victim quite a large sum of money (1000/minute) X(3)or(5) for humiliation and violence.

Not really scared of them after I took law :downs:

ExAm
January 27th, 2009, 08:16 PM
All cops wear blue

All cops are crooked

Therefore blue is a crooked color
The cops in my area wear black :/

Needles
January 27th, 2009, 08:20 PM
The cops in my area wear black :/
So do the ones in central Florida. I didn't know some still wore blue, I thought black was the generic color for all police uniforms now.

Edit:Crap, I read wrong and I think I may have put afraid of police. How do I change my vote?

Heathen
January 27th, 2009, 08:21 PM
pretty much what selentic said

legionaire45
January 27th, 2009, 08:49 PM
Sky Blue. Preferably with black trim.

TRIMMING RUNITE 4K RIGHT HERE.

My opinion on the police; if you don't have anything to hide, you have no reason to hide from them. They don't scare me because I don't have anything questionable on me and I don't do stupid shit.

Rook
January 27th, 2009, 08:53 PM
There is no reason to be afraid of the cops, epically in my area. I've been pulled up twice for bullshit reasons and the second one complete hilarity because of the cops inability to comprehend what he was pulling me over for... being speeding yet he stated afterward himself the unmarked roads speed limit was 55.

Bodzilla
January 28th, 2009, 12:05 AM
Categorization of favorites in this kind of subject is bewildering to me. I think picking out favorite colors and favorite bands et nauseum is silly; it's a waste of time and has no power to indicate things about anyone's personality or origins although people seem to constantly attribute these and other strange values to this irrelevant exercise. Why do people commit time to summarizing useless, fickle information?

I'd say I'm weary of police most of the time, and afraid when I'm carrying pot.
^qft for everything except pot.

I think it's just an absurd conflict of interest for the police that the money they raise in fines pays for them and the people they employ.
it's the same as letting people decide their own payrole, and because of whats happend in the last few months we all know where that takes us....

i think to truly have the police as a force for good and someone people aspire to be, respect and appreciate they need to stop targeting little revenue raising offenses and focus on bigger more important things. as well as:
All money raised in fines should go to services to support, educate and train people in the Field or area they got fined in.
eg.
If your caught for speeding the money should be injected into the roads.
if your caught for drug use, Rehabilitation programs.
ect.

Fix the problem, not the outcome.

and for gods sake they need to screen the people that are applying for the job.
my dad works with a fella who told him that he was shocked at the way they handle the screening process because his son has just started training to be a cop. He said that in his class of 30, 28 of them where loud, arrogant fucking dickhole foot ball jocks.
you know, the exact people that should never be put in a position of power....

and these are the people that are supposed to protect and serve us? paahh.

Mr Buckshot
January 28th, 2009, 12:20 AM
How Vancouver police just shine: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2009/01/22/bc-three-police-officers-suspension.html

Trouble is that this city doesn't have enough cops (seriously, some even complain about their salaries being too low to afford housing close to work, and it's quite valid), so when some cops screw up the city tries to protect them. If I recall correctly, the cops who tasered a Polish guy to death are still on the force :(

Just thank god guns are more or less outlawed in most of the lower mainland of BC (you can't get a permit on handguns, permits on rifles are available in rural areas), hence the violent crime rate in Vancouver is quite low. If it were high, we'd have a Robocop-style situation (referring to the dystopian parts in the first movie before Murphy's execution).

Apoc4lypse
January 28th, 2009, 02:55 PM
wall of text

Which is why I hate cops, besides the fact that I got arrested in at the end of november after being pulled over for my license plate light being out.

The cop followed me because I didnt make a right on red at the intersection I was at, and then he saw my license plate light out, plus end of the month "quota" I knew he was following me cuz me and a friend had smoked some herb earlier and we were paranoid... so I made the first turn I could to see if hed follow, he followed, made another turn, hello flashing lights, pulled over.

He could smell it so he asked to search my car, and I didn't think I had anything in the car, and didn't feel like being given a sobriety test so I agreed to it... then the faggot finds a piece of weed the size of a crumb sitting on my seat, had no idea it was there :-/ also an empty pack of rolling papers which shouldnt have been in there and a couple other unfortunate things that also shouldnt have fuken been in there.

Normally im extremely carefull with driving around with this shit, but I had no idea anything was in the car tbh, and the shit that was in there should have been thrown the fuck out.

Basically... wrong place, wrong time, wrong day + countless things that could have been done to prevent it, we werent even supposed to be driving around my friend wanted to go somewhere and he got us lost then we finally found our way back and thats about the time i got pulled over.

ExAm
January 28th, 2009, 03:22 PM
IIRC The smell isn't probable cause to search your car. You could have denied him the right to search it. Cops will do all sorts of things to coerce you and trick you into letting them search your car.

Sel
January 28th, 2009, 03:29 PM
IIRC The smell isn't probable cause to search your car. You could have denied him the right to search it. Cops will do all sorts of things to coerce you and trick you into letting them search your car.

Entirely correct.

Mr Buckshot
January 28th, 2009, 07:07 PM
Border patrol searched my car once. Unless you really have bad stuff in your car, I think it's advisable to just let them go through it, provided they don't mess up anything. 'cause trying to resist only arouses suspicion.

n00b1n8R
January 29th, 2009, 12:47 AM
It's a way of looking for common ground.

Eg, generally speaking, I really don't care for most people who think rap is the greatest form of music made by man.