PDA

View Full Version : Degenerate Triangles and "problem" edges.

Guardian
February 1st, 2009, 12:46 AM
I just ran my map in tool and got

78 degenerate triangles and about 108 "###ERROR couldn't upgrade edge # (red)"

I'm pretty new to mapping so I was just wondering is there anyway I could find these easily or do I have to painfully go through every single edge and triangle?

Thanx

Rob Oplawar
February 1st, 2009, 01:26 AM
Import the debug.wrl (will be in your CE directory). If you've already done that and that's what you meant by painfully go through every single edge in the debug, yeah, you're gonna hafta do that.

It's a pain, but hey, on the bright side, after a couple of months of this you'll be really good at not building errors into your model. Negative reinforcement works wonders. :d

good luck.

Guardian
February 1st, 2009, 01:37 AM
Thank you so much. :D

Apparently I need to spread rep before I can rep you :(

n00b1n8R
February 1st, 2009, 01:38 AM
Send them off to a no-bullshit boarding school.
That should straighten them out. http://sa.tweek.us/emots/images/emot-colbert.gif

Rob Oplawar
February 1st, 2009, 06:17 PM
but noob, don't you see, the problem is that the triangles are too straight. you should send them to a party school like CU. vOv

Roostervier
February 1st, 2009, 06:25 PM
Try editing your mesh in vertex mode, selecting all the vertices, and welding using 0.1 or 0.01 as your weld threshold. That should clear up a bunch of the degenerate triangles.

Guardian
February 2nd, 2009, 01:27 AM
Try editing your mesh in vertex mode, selecting all the vertices, and welding using 0.1 or 0.01 as your weld threshold. That should clear up a bunch of the degenerate triangles.
Kwl thnx I'll try that too.