PDA

View Full Version : Exception Error

Matooba
February 2nd, 2009, 09:31 PM
I was placing ai in BG and got this error. Heres what i had setup.

I placed 1 encounter, using 1 actor varient. I used a vehicle / nondriver command with a 20-30 second respawn. I placed a different encounter, using a different ai and used a second command, as driver with 120-160 sec. If I put down 1 starting point for one and one starting point for another it ran ok. When i added more it work for about a minute, then exceptioned out of sapien with this error.

EXCEPTION halt in \halopc\haloce\source\ai\actors.c,#3851: (fabs(control_data.throttle.i) <= 1.0f) && (fabs(control_data.throttle.j) <= 1.0f) && (fabs(control_data.throttle.k) <= 1.0f)Any clues why this happened? Im using this for testing purposes. Any help appreciated.

CodeBrain
February 2nd, 2009, 11:15 PM
To me it looks like your AI is having difficulties with the throttle, and its not a setting in the .actor or .actor_variant tags, but in the vehicle tag that your using.

It seems like your physics for that vehicle, specifically for throttle control are fucked up. Maybe you can recompile the physics again and see what happens.

Matooba
February 3rd, 2009, 11:25 AM
Thanks for your reply, I will look at that.

CodeBrain
February 3rd, 2009, 03:18 PM
Looking at that now, it seems that your physics are not equal to 1.0 x force, where force stands for f, j, and k.

Short answer, you must of put a negative number (such as -1). Either that or tool compiled it with such a number.

RickYng
February 3rd, 2009, 03:40 PM
Must be smaller or equal 1 floating point number.

bobbysoon
February 3rd, 2009, 04:19 PM
Short answer, you must of put a negative number (such as -1). Either that or tool compiled it with such a number.
or reciprocal, maybe, seeing as how it used absolute value. or maybe it's a vector needing to be normalized. That could be done in the mini listener in max, with "normalize [i,j,k]", i believe. it makes the vector be at a distance of 1 from [0,0,0]

Matooba
February 3rd, 2009, 06:44 PM
Ha you guys are great, It was a negative in the physics....Twas in the relative mass..Good Call.
Kudos and plus rep !!!