PDA

View Full Version : MP2SPMT's Mission Rio

Polamee
February 11th, 2009, 04:09 AM
Ok. This is Polamee, MP2SPMt's team leader. Before we start, I would like to clear a couple of things:

TEAM UPDATE AS OF 12/1/09: THERE IS A THREAD ON MODACITY ABOUT THIS MAPPING TEAM's PLANS. THAT IS A FAKE, AND WE HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH IT AT ALL.

Why would we want to mod The Great Flood or Counter Attack anyway? That's so stupid.

**** YOU SPAMMER!

*deep breath*

Our HaloMaps thread: http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=23158

Now for:

MISSION: RIO
Currently being developed by the Multiplayer 2 Singleplayer Mapping Team (MP2SP)

THE VERSION ON HALOMAPS IS A FAKE, AT THIS TIME MR IS STILL IN ALPHA 1

This is the Modacity Mission: Rio topic. In case you are inaware of what MR is, it is a SP mod made by changing the Outpost Rio map.

Story:

Map takes place when MasterChief is on the other side of Alpha Halo. The human survivors of the Autumn (led by Major Silva, read Halo: The Flood) launched an assault on a Prophet, known as the the The Prophet of Hope, who was in charge of taking care of Alpha Halo. There are also multiple high-ranking Covenant troops and powerful vehicles stationed on that part of the ring, where they have found Ancient Forerunner technology.

You play as an ODST, and are to seize that tchnology, and kill the prophet of Hope.

HaloMaps topic can be found here: http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=23931

It is currently made by using Halo 2 bipeds, a variety of AI controlled vehicles, and more SP elements to make it unique.

UNIT LIST:

SPECIAL UNITS
Prophet: Political and religious Covenant leaders. They are physically frail, and rely on technology and troops to defend themselves.

Orbital Drop Shock Trooper (ODST): An Elite squad of Marines outfitted with better armor, better weapons, and a better Heads Up Display.

Grunt
+Minor:
+Major:
+Spec. Ops
+Gunner/Heavys: Green Grunt used on Turrets. Also prefers to use heavy Weapons

Elites
+Minor
+Major
+Ultra: Serve under an Elite Zealot. Lead lots of Covenant into battle, as well as the scarab.
+Zealot
+Spec. Ops
+Honor Guard: Honourory Guards of the Prophets, they are skilled in use of all Covenant equipment.
+Councilor: Highest rank of Elite. They share power with minor prophets in the Covenant High Council.

Jackal
+Minor
+Major
+Spec. Ops: Fire faster, have better shields.
+Sniper

Hunter
+Minor (Fuel Rod Cannon)
+Major (Fuel Rod Beam)

Vehicles:

Covenant

Scarab - You should know what this is, and you can't defeat it - not by yourself anyway.
Spectre - Standard Elite transport unit. 1 Driver, 1 Gunner, 2 Passengers.
Ghost - Standard light recon vehicle.
Wraith - Heavy Covenant Artillery vehicle.
AA Wraith - Wraith modified for AA purposes - uses a dual Flak Cannon launcher to blast ships out of the sky.
Gun Tower - Massive anti-air defense tower.
Banshee - Standard Covenant air attack vehicle.
Phantom/Spirit - Standard Covenant transport dropships.

UNSC

Longsword Bomber - Jet outfitted with a 25lb Megaton Bomb.
Attack Pelican - Pelican ship modified with guns.
M251 AH "Mule" - Attack helicopter. Useful against 'Shees.
Warthog - Light recon vehicle.

Pictures, videos and more media coming soon.

MP2SPMT:

Polamee (team leader)
Gamma927 (I know, but he WAS NOT the one who spammed Modacity before. He is, in fact, the team's co-founder and technician. The one who spammed Modacity was an impostor)
DarkZealot (He's awesome. )
Mythril (same ^)
Sierra 117
FBI was for

Please. Give feedback.

Polamee

t3h m00kz
February 11th, 2009, 04:14 AM
Said it before, say it again, sounds like a cool idea and might be cool if done right.

I can't believe I'm hearing about this project without everyone at each other's throats for once :haw:

Timo
February 11th, 2009, 04:26 AM
Good luck getting feedback from this community when all you have (as far as i've seen) is one big idea and nobody to get it off the ground with. Ideas are nice, but over the years it seems most teams that start off with a wall of text generally fizzle out to nothing.

RecycleBin
February 11th, 2009, 04:38 AM
I see tons of good ideas but they go nowhere.

Polamee
February 11th, 2009, 05:01 AM
Its done. Already. Half-done. DarkZealot has finished custom tagging, all that needs to be done is level population. Custom dialogue done. AA wraith done. Other stuff done.

Muahaha!

You are wrong

Note: this is the REAL Polamee. No! Anything not from me will be fake!

http://www.modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14416

**** ****!

This is my team! I have kept it safe! It belongs to me!

(lol, Monitor reference)

Seriously, who the heck is this guy? If I knew him in real life he'd be dead by now.....

Next person we will impersonate is DarkZealot, I guess.

RecycleBin
February 11th, 2009, 05:02 AM
Its done. Already. Half-done. DarkZealot has finished custom tagging, all that needs to be done is level population.

Muahaha!

Cool

t3h m00kz
February 11th, 2009, 05:07 AM
Story

Polamee
February 11th, 2009, 05:10 AM
No. Need proof?

AA Wraith: http://www.xfire.com/video/58b5d/

Seriously, I don't want to start a flame war.

RecycleBin
February 11th, 2009, 05:14 AM
No. Need proof?

AA Wraith: http://www.xfire.com/video/58b5d/

Seriously, I don't want to start a flame war.

Nice AA Wraith.

t3h m00kz
February 11th, 2009, 05:14 AM
Oh I didn't say I didn't believe you, that's actually pretty sweet.

Mythril
February 11th, 2009, 05:21 AM
That isn't done Polamee. Turret is still not uved properly, lacks animations, etc etc.

Polamee
February 11th, 2009, 05:27 AM
I know. WIP. Its says on the video. Its still awesome though.

UVs look fine. Can you get it done by the final Mission Rio release date?

I'll try to get pictures of scarab AI, in-game pics and stuff.

Mythril
February 11th, 2009, 05:29 AM
That's because it's all dark. I'll try though.

Heathen
February 11th, 2009, 06:26 AM
I was gonna say it lacked animations but it looks nice otherwise.

sdavis117
February 11th, 2009, 06:29 AM
The AI can barely drive a ghost around without killing themselves, much less a Scarab.

Seems like it's going to take a lot of work to get the scarab to work, but good luck.

Polamee
February 11th, 2009, 06:32 AM
There's some essential part of the .vehicle tag you have to modify. That's already done.

Map will include custom dialogue for Elites, Marines, and prophet.

Heathen
February 11th, 2009, 06:53 AM
rofl. Custom dialogue.

Its gonna be awful.

Polamee
February 11th, 2009, 07:06 AM
O RLY? Pitch and tone is modified to make it sound like an Elite.

MetKiller Joe
February 11th, 2009, 07:26 AM
I'm sorry, but as soon as you said DarkZealot I cringed.

DarkZealot was the same person, months ago, that came in complaining how CMT ripped maps. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

I hope there will be something good that will come out of this, but I don't know at this point. You haven't posted anything but text, so I can't judge.

Polamee
February 11th, 2009, 07:57 AM
Really?

Don't forget the AA wraith.

Masterz1337
February 11th, 2009, 08:40 AM
I'm sorry, but as soon as you said DarkZealot I cringed.

DarkZealot was the same person, months ago, that came in complaining how CMT ripped maps. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

I hope there will be something good that will come out of this, but I don't know at this point. You haven't posted anything but text, so I can't judge.

That wasn't the real DZ.

Polamee
February 12th, 2009, 07:47 AM
I could've guessed. Some of the bipeds we'll be using can be found here:

http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/natural/d29e964c1927fedea40649cd2e91833f4b8219da.png

Take note that this is NOT OURS. It is HDoan's work.

Honour Guards and councilor pics will be posted by DZ. He has the tags.

Masterz1337
February 12th, 2009, 12:50 PM
It's not HDoan's work, the work was done by Bungie >_>.

Polamee
February 13th, 2009, 02:53 AM
He ripped and rigged them. =P So its PARTLY his work.

NT Studios
February 13th, 2009, 03:04 AM
Nice work, though I could never get my H2 Bipeds working in a map :(

This is iTails btw

Polamee
February 13th, 2009, 03:09 AM
They have some collision geometry and model animations you need to create/replace

Mythril
February 13th, 2009, 04:13 AM
Plus weapons which you have to change to stock.

Polamee5
February 14th, 2009, 11:36 AM
WOW WE JUST RELEASED MISSION RIO BETA GET IT HERE http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=4336 NOW !!!!!! WE OWN YOU ALL MP2SPMT OWNS YOU ALL WERE THE BEST THE BEST !!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA AND CMT FUCKING RIPPS EVERYTHING. ALL THEY DO IS FUCKING RIP. RIP STUFF FROM BUNGIE'S GAME (CMT, HDOAN, ZTEAM). AND YOU SAY NOT TO RIP? YOU SAY YOU CLAIM IT AS YOUR OWN?! YOU JUST PROVED IT ALL WRONG -- YOU RIPPED FROM SOMETHING ELSE, WHICH PROVES YOU WANT THEM TO BE UNPROTECTED. AND YOU STOLE, YOU STOLE THE MODEL, AND THE TEXTURES.

Inferno
February 14th, 2009, 01:38 PM
You know I just wonder how sad a life idiotic spammers like him live....

sdavis117
February 14th, 2009, 02:31 PM
Just IP ban him and get it over with.

And maybe it might just be perspective, but those grenades in the picture of the bipeds are huge.

And that health monitor on your HUD is too small.

SnaFuBAR
February 14th, 2009, 02:35 PM
So, Polamee, is that a leak or not even mission rio?

sdavis117
February 14th, 2009, 02:38 PM
He just posted a link to the map which (the real) Polamee said (in his first post in this thread) was a fake.

Edit: In the fake one you have to kill Regret, while the real Polamee said that in the real one you will have to kill Hope.

That should make it easier to tell the two apart.

Edit2: Played the fake map and all it is is a bunch of respawning AI by red base all fighting in one little circle. Boring as hell. Can't wait for the REAL Mission Rio.

Polamee
February 14th, 2009, 06:20 PM
Its not called ripping if the tags were officially released by HDoan in the first place....

ShadowSpartan
February 14th, 2009, 07:08 PM
Its not called ripping if the tags were officially released by HDoan in the first place....
Yes it is. The models that HDoan used were "ripped" from Halo 2 Xbox. You are contradicting yourself, because earlier you said that the models were in fact ripped.

He ripped and rigged them. =P So its PARTLY his work.

Polamee
February 14th, 2009, 07:19 PM
Oops....

sdavis117
February 14th, 2009, 09:37 PM
I think Polamee5 was actually saying that Polamee ripped from HDoan, who originally ripped from H2, even though he didn't rip from HDoan. But that's just how I see that CAPS wall of text.

But back on topic:

Which Scarab is the one you say will be in your mod closer to:
A) H2 Scarab
B) H3 Scarab

Not only in looks but in how you actually fight it.

Polamee
February 15th, 2009, 04:19 AM
That will be surupise when the game come out. You yourself don't actually beat it all alone, you'll have lots of help.

sdavis117
February 15th, 2009, 08:37 AM
That will be surupise when the game come out. You yourself don't actually beat it all alone, you'll have lots of help.

Oh God, please no AI marines with Rocket Launchers. I want to live.

TeeKup
February 15th, 2009, 10:10 AM
Yeah good luck with that scarab.

Hunter
February 15th, 2009, 12:08 PM
When I have seen something from your team that has impressed me then I might let you use my H3 Scarab.

TeeKup
February 15th, 2009, 12:11 PM
Hunter I wouldn't risk them possibly ruining it.

JunkfoodMan
February 15th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Don't include a scarab, please.

Polamee
February 16th, 2009, 02:49 AM
Why?

TeeKup
February 16th, 2009, 08:32 AM
I suggest you do a little research on the last team that did a scarab then ask that.

Polamee
February 19th, 2009, 04:36 AM
....which was?

TeeKup
February 19th, 2009, 08:11 AM
My god you're useless.

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=2040

The Scarab that Ender, Jayden, Tiamat made was mediocre at best. I want you to observe their Scarab.

SnaFuBAR
February 19th, 2009, 01:55 PM
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=2040

Special thanks: =EP=TeeKup: For never ending moral support, models and funny one-liners without the funny.

heh

TeeKup
February 19th, 2009, 02:01 PM
What can I say, it seemed cool at the time. It wasn't until after when reality sat in.

Pooky
February 20th, 2009, 12:45 AM
What can I say, it seemed cool at the time. It wasn't until after when reality sat in.

The difference though as I understand it is that you guys did a driveable vehicle and these guys are just trying to do an NPC?

e: disregard that, they're trying to get an AI to drive a scarab vehicle.

Yeah good luck with that.

sdavis117
February 20th, 2009, 09:56 AM
You should skip the vehicle part and just make the Scarab a massive "Biped". Either that, or do the smart thing and just not include the Scarab.

SnaFuBAR
February 20th, 2009, 02:06 PM
if i recall correctly, halo has a problem with quadrupeds.