PDA

View Full Version : UI question

bobbysoon
February 13th, 2009, 07:58 PM
Can a UI skip the menus and run a specific test map?

Bastinka
February 13th, 2009, 09:35 PM
What?

ShadowSpartan
February 13th, 2009, 09:39 PM
He wants to know if you can run the game, and it will load a test map automatically, without having to start the game manually. As for as I know, that is not possible.

Advancebo
February 13th, 2009, 10:09 PM
Bobbyson and Shadow Spartan, what about a script to press a button that says "Map Name", then it directly loads the map.

Bastinka
February 13th, 2009, 10:22 PM
Most likely not possible unless you can somehow make the UI run a console command such as /map <name here>.

Doesn't sound too complex, then again I don't know crap about that section of halo. Seems impossible to do though, for a working UI map.

bobbysoon
February 14th, 2009, 01:48 AM
a definite maybe. Ok. Thanks for the responses peoples.

I was able to build a menuless ui. Then I ripped 'tags\ui\ui_tags_loaded_mainmenu_scenario_type.tag _collection', and now i got a bunch of corrupt bitmaps. Not that i want bitmaps... i suppose a good start would be putting the create-lan screen where the main menu is, somehow, while deleting bitmap references

another question, more nooby this time - where's the HEK kit that lets you edit all the tags fields, but doesn't glitch and possibly even doesn't take an extra 5 seconds to load up a somewhat ironic splash screen about mind control?

Mythril
February 14th, 2009, 04:22 AM
Create an init.txt in your HCE root folder. Put in the command, map_name <>. It should load it automatically, no edits to the UI.

Inferno
February 14th, 2009, 10:27 AM
Ive done it before. Just add the script (map_name "map") to the map and it works fine.

bobbysoon
February 14th, 2009, 12:03 PM
that init.txt worked, kinda. I looked it up, it loads solo. I'm staring at a vehicle that doesn't drop. Tried multiplayer_map_name, but it seems ignored. I suppose i could set it up sp for testing. never done that before

jcap
February 14th, 2009, 12:17 PM
If you want to load a multiplayer map, you need to enter it differently.

sv_map "bloodgulch" "ctf"

bobbysoon
February 14th, 2009, 01:46 PM
Just when i got sp working :p
it doesn't seem to work, jCap. Halo warns if either parameter is wrong, but just loads the menu if they're correct. But thats ok, i'm liking the single player method.
But why wouldn't it work?
And then I try a blank mainmenu tag collection, thinking that'd do it... exception
maybe it need to be in the map names collection?

I got a bat file that launches ce if the map builds, a null UI (after a lil backup ui extraction), and it jumps straight into an sp game, so its all good

i saw in one of the menu tags a command to launch the cam script, so probably there could be implemented the sv_map command

[e] i had a null ui, and now i got exception ui or original backup. What did I do right before that i can't now? how do i get an uncorrupted rip from ui.map? I did it before, and now i can't. Must be my HEK+ version. Installing HEK was a pain. I has to edit the setup file with orca. Is there a version known to be like that, or is my computer just stupid? .net is installed and up to date.

Timo
February 16th, 2009, 03:39 AM
You need to use a different widget editor, FD04's I think to make widgets run scripts when opened. When you find the program open the ui in sapien and compile scripts. Then open up the widget editor and grab ui/shell/main_menu/main_menu_select_list.ui.widg.... then under functions>scripts, enter in the script name. Compile, and when the UI starts up it *should* run the script. Either that, or give you an exception ;)

bobbysoon
February 16th, 2009, 03:40 PM
Couldn't find any apps by FireDragon, just maps and tuts. Not easy finding something having anything to do with widgets. I get the whole internet in the search results

Mythril
February 17th, 2009, 12:59 AM
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=1427
Pretty sure that's what you're talking about?

bobbysoon
February 18th, 2009, 07:54 AM
how did i miss that? Oh, i see. Thanks :embarrassed: