PDA

View Full Version : Halo CE racist filter

Azure
February 15th, 2009, 02:54 PM
hey we get a lot of dbags that do that and I see you have a filter for that. I would like to put one on our server. Can you let me know where you got it or how I can put one up

Peace

Azx

ThePlague
February 15th, 2009, 03:48 PM
What do you mean? And who was this referred to?

Heathen
February 15th, 2009, 03:54 PM
What?

Could you be more specific?

Hunter
February 15th, 2009, 04:01 PM
Im guesiing he wants racist remarks blocked. I havea filter for that, its called playing the game ignore chat.

Heathen
February 15th, 2009, 04:17 PM
I agree.

You can just turn off the chatbox.

sdavis117
February 15th, 2009, 05:46 PM
Solution: Strict Admins with a fetish for Banhammers.

ICEE
February 15th, 2009, 07:27 PM
I dont think theres anything that can be done about it.

STLRamsFan
February 15th, 2009, 07:43 PM
I usually just laugh it off or if I'm not in the mood I just turn off the chat with yelo.

supersniper
February 15th, 2009, 07:59 PM
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=1230

simple...

Heathen
February 15th, 2009, 08:26 PM
since the ingame text never goes through anything but the game, I doubt a filter is possible.

t3h m00kz
February 15th, 2009, 08:51 PM
Yelo Battery release 3 has a chat text disabler

sdavis117
February 15th, 2009, 08:54 PM
He wants the players in his servers not to deal with Racism.

Which can be fixed with strict admins who have a banhammer fetish (like I said earlier).

RobertGraham
February 15th, 2009, 08:58 PM
Or you could just quit... makes things a lot easier

sdavis117
February 15th, 2009, 09:00 PM
Or you could just quit... makes things a lot easier

But he's saying that he is running his own server, and wants a way to filter the racism out for ALL of the players in his server (or atleast that's what it sounds like to me).

Again: BANHAMMER FETISH.

TeeKup
February 15th, 2009, 09:10 PM
lol are you serious?

supersniper
February 15th, 2009, 10:25 PM
God then get SAPP and if you see someone being racist in your server texban them
OMG simple right...

Sel
February 15th, 2009, 10:29 PM
What?

Could you be more specific?

He wants a program to stop people from saying nigger, chink, jew, towel head etc etc. No idea why, after all typing those out as fast as you can is all that's fun in the game nowadays.

There isn't one for halo, but the tf2 server has one, it replaces the message with one of several awesome lines, and helps build ubers faster. (or atleast it would if it didnt ban you, fix this polar)

supersniper
February 15th, 2009, 10:37 PM
Banning players from using text chat (these commands are used when the server is running SAPP.
textban player_number: Bans player from using text chat
textunban index: Let him use text chat again, use ipbans to get index
textbans: List text-banshttp://xhalo.co.cc/

t3h m00kz
February 15th, 2009, 11:43 PM
tbh Banhammer fetish servers piss me off. People cry I bot all the time, and I've been wrongfully banned for that more than once

I should make a box map with no text like the Deck Beta I ran (HEK+ protector screwed my text strings) so you can't tell who's talking, filled with sniper rifles and pistols, and name it slashb.map and host a server named 4chan.

It would be epic.

p0lar_bear
February 15th, 2009, 11:48 PM
hey we get a lot of dbags that do that and I see you have a filter for that. I would like to put one on our server. Can you let me know where you got it or how I can put one up

Peace

Azx

That Chat Filter is on our TF2 server, read that page a bit more carefully next time.

Masterz1337
February 16th, 2009, 12:39 AM
lol are you serious?

He must be since he's asking. Maybe he takes offense to it faggot.

See, now I posted something you don't like. Should I take your response seriously?

To the OP, there isn't anything you can do but ban people from the server. You could disable text chat, but that's not really an option since you'll not get the rest of the ingame text.

Edit: If anyone wants to jump on me for my response to Teekup, it's to make a point, I have nothing against him, or homosexuals.

Heathen
February 16th, 2009, 01:14 AM
I doubt teek cares about the word faggot.

He is more mature than that.

TeeKup
February 16th, 2009, 08:36 AM
He must be since he's asking. Maybe he takes offense to it faggot.

See, now I posted something you don't like. Should I take your response seriously?

To the OP, there isn't anything you can do but ban people from the server. You could disable text chat, but that's not really an option since you'll not get the rest of the ingame text.

Edit: If anyone wants to jump on me for my response to Teekup, it's to make a point, I have nothing against him, or homosexuals.

It's the goddamn internet. Why would someone get worked up over what someone said over a thousand miles away.

Syuusuke
February 16th, 2009, 08:46 AM
Seeing a word is different from hearing it.

Hearing it when no physical person is around you is different from having someone saying it to you face to face.

MetKiller Joe
February 16th, 2009, 09:19 AM
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/8033/threaddirectionwt5.jpg

Syuusuke
February 16th, 2009, 09:38 AM
Fine,

there probably is, even if there isn't it's possible, and if it's not possible for you, just turn off chat =D

Azure
February 16th, 2009, 12:43 PM
yea.. i no i can turn off the chat.. but then i cant chat.. so.. anywayz i saw this in a post on http://www.modacity.net/index.php?pageid=tf2server that is wat i wuz askin

it said Chat Filter (http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=628459) - Currently set to filter out racist words, replace their whole chat text with something incriminating, slap the player for 100 damage when they say it, and ban them for an hour when they trigger the filter 5 times. In addition, there will be a randomly chosen "word of the day" that will cause the player to explode. Despite its name, the word will not actually change per day; more or less when we feel like changing it.

Sel
February 16th, 2009, 01:37 PM
And you failed to notice the huge tf2 banner at the top of the screen?

ICEE
February 16th, 2009, 04:07 PM
Chill guys. He made a noobie mistake. Your opinions on whether or not you would ever set up a filter yourself are null here. No I don't think it can be done for CE, sorry.

Rook
February 16th, 2009, 04:22 PM
tbh Banhammer fetish servers piss me off. People cry I bot all the time, and I've been wrongfully banned for that more than once

I should make a box map with no text like the Deck Beta I ran (HEK+ protector screwed my text strings) so you can't tell who's talking, filled with sniper rifles and pistols, and name it slashb.map and host a server named 4chan.

It would be epic.
It went something like:

im a huge faggot
im a huge faggot
im a huge faggot
Freelancer: I like dicks
im a huge faggot

supersniper
February 16th, 2009, 04:45 PM
hmm this would be kinda interesting, what if we made a chat filer for servers that don't want profanity, like replace the word with a * for each character in the word or something...

BrandiniMP
February 16th, 2009, 04:55 PM
my WIP server app is going to have a word filter for yall

www.vivid-abstractions.net

its called Asgard, i mentioned it before but nobody seemed to care.

anyway, i should have a beta release in the next few weeks :)

supersniper
February 16th, 2009, 05:41 PM
I remember watching the vid. Vivid-abstractions forums are dead though... I post there and i never see any replys

Sel
February 16th, 2009, 06:41 PM
It went something like:

im a huge faggot
im a huge faggot
im a huge faggot
Freelancer: I like dicks
im a huge faggot

and then freelancer voicing how rec0's app would be a lot better if he had it on his server instead of us having it on ours.

Alwin Roth
February 16th, 2009, 07:04 PM
it would be nice to have a racist block script... i hate people who are dick obsessed and say "HA you asian you have small PENor LOLOLol" fuckheads...

Cortexian
February 16th, 2009, 09:02 PM
and then freelancer voicing how rec0's app would be a lot better if he had it on his server instead of us having it on ours.
I only state facts!

:eng101:

KiLLa
February 16th, 2009, 09:05 PM
Grow up kidos...
Harsh shit will always be said, get your big boy panties on, and either deal with it, shrug it off, or quit whining...
Welcome to reality, everythings not unicorns, candy, and rainbows :)

Limited
February 17th, 2009, 11:34 AM
Close your eyes maybe? You can turn the chat off you know...

I remember watching the vid. Vivid-abstractions forums are dead though... I post there and i never see any replys
Its not VA sniper, its you :O:O