PDA

View Full Version : Speed Power Up

Inferno
February 20th, 2009, 08:48 PM
Does the speed boost/Time sync power up actually work/sync online? I'm thinking about using it in a map.

Masterz1337
February 20th, 2009, 08:49 PM
It only works in SP. I have a video of it in action from about a year ago on my youtube acount. It's called CMT Doublespeed.

Inferno
February 20th, 2009, 08:50 PM
Well it "works" in a multiplayer map but what happens when you play online with it? Choppy running?

Higuy
February 20th, 2009, 09:00 PM
Yea, I think thats all that would happen. If you ever played HCEL server with Sel he normally hacks people and makes them faster :p, and it probally looks the same. It may cause lag though because different players, but im not sure.

Inferno
February 20th, 2009, 09:02 PM
Well if the speed power up doesn't work then I'm stuck as to what I'm going to put in the tunnel on this one map. I need a power weapon there but I don't feel like I want to put rockets are fail rod in the tunnel.

Masterz1337
February 20th, 2009, 09:03 PM
I think it would eventually cause exceptions too. Im not sure if it stops when the player dies.

Edit: Why not sniper?

Inferno
February 20th, 2009, 09:04 PM
Snipers are already placed symmetrically in the map. Basically every weapon except fail rod is already placed.

sdavis117
February 20th, 2009, 09:07 PM
Place some Plasma Grenades in there.

Masterz1337
February 20th, 2009, 09:10 PM
Needler? Tunnel is tight? Needler would rape?

Inferno
February 20th, 2009, 09:34 PM
I may move rockets down there and place plasma grenades were rockets are.

The tunnel is wide open and its on the bottom of the map where pistols would rape you as soon as they see you.

That may work.
I still wish I could put double speed there.

Roostervier
February 20th, 2009, 09:51 PM
From my experience, to all but the person who used the power up it seems that there's massive lag. Doesn't sync in mp obviously.

Sever
February 20th, 2009, 09:56 PM
Give me a glance at it (either in images or in-game) and I should be able to suggest what to do and why.

Inferno
February 20th, 2009, 10:00 PM
Yo server I'm going to PM you the link to the map from the beta I did today with a couple of people.

Syuusuke
February 20th, 2009, 10:35 PM
That speed power up speeds you up and slows everything around you down (or is there another power up you're talking about).

Speaking of powerups, make sure you place the OS and camo at good spots, make it rewarding for the players, but not something they would want immediately go after when they spawn.

Sever
February 20th, 2009, 10:52 PM
Interesting map concept, but I can see that many parts of it will go unused. It's odd, it almost feels like The Pit, except with almost zero cover for both the center and bases. H'EH had that feel anyways, but without the strategic chokepoints. I'd say put an overshield in the low tunnel, but I'd also like you to come in game with me so I can give you a bunch of pointers on what to change with the geometry and weapon placement. So far everything looks pretty good, but nothing is that great. It definitely has potential though, if you open up and seal off the right areas and make players have to stick their necks out to get the best vantage points and weapons.

p0lar_bear
February 20th, 2009, 11:08 PM
That speed power up speeds you up and slows everything around you down (or is there another power up you're talking about).

That. The server apps alter player speed by editing the player's speed multiplier, which is usually altered by the Kill Bonus and Death Penalty game variant rules. The powerup does not touch those values.

n00b1n8R
February 20th, 2009, 11:26 PM
Well if the speed power up doesn't work then I'm stuck as to what I'm going to put in the tunnel on this one map. I need a power weapon there but I don't feel like I want to put rockets are fail rod in the tunnel.
Assault rifle & Plasma rifle as spawn weapons, put the pistol in the tunnel.

Sever
February 20th, 2009, 11:33 PM
No, Pistol is basically the required spawn weapon for his map - otherwise you'd have no chance of killing anything upon respawning.

p0lar_bear
February 20th, 2009, 11:43 PM
Ditch the pistol and make all the halofags cry.

Get a real weapon ffs.

Sever
February 20th, 2009, 11:47 PM
Dude, it's the playable space of H'EH doubled. The pistol's pretty much necessary for survival.

Inferno
February 22nd, 2009, 10:32 AM
Alright. Add me on Xfire (wankzta) or AIM (infernoxpyro). We can play pretty much anytime I'm not busy.

And as it currently stands.
Pistol on Slayer Koth and Ball
AR on CTF
PP on Race

Edit-
BTW who wants to do a big beta on this map once we get all the layout cleaned up? I finally can play on 1.08 without any issues so we can all join into my dedicated.

Syuusuke
February 22nd, 2009, 11:14 AM
Could try, just PM me.

Corvette19
February 23rd, 2009, 10:34 PM
I'll see if I can join the beta...
Haven't talked to you in forever inferno...
Just IM me if im online or text me... I sent you PM

TVTyrant
February 24th, 2009, 04:03 PM
I could beta for you. Just need a time and the map.

Inferno
February 24th, 2009, 04:12 PM
The time will be when halo guru finishes the vertigo model. The map will be on the FTP when we test.

RobertGraham
February 24th, 2009, 05:19 PM
I thought of something. Is there a way to make the Ghost go faster with a powerup? Or something that acts as a powerup that you can use in vehicles?

Inferno
February 24th, 2009, 05:39 PM
With scripting maybe.

RobertGraham
February 24th, 2009, 06:03 PM
Im saying this because its a hell of a lot more realistic then the mini explosions that you can script to hit you right on the back of the ghost. Take H3 Peril for instance [not saying its a bad map] but the damage thing gets annoying with the ghost.

Inferno
February 24th, 2009, 07:08 PM
Hey guys I just wanted to give a little update.

Here is the new and improved Plasma Cannon V2. (http://www.xfire.com/video/803b9/) The plasma cannon is no longer the Halo Equivalent of the Martydom Sonic Boom Nube Toob combo.

RobertGraham
February 24th, 2009, 07:17 PM
Hey guys I just wanted to give a little update.

Here is the new and improved Plasma Cannon V2. (http://www.xfire.com/video/803b9/) The plasma cannon is no longer the Halo Equivalent of the Martydom Sonic Boom Nube Toob combo.
Wow, nice job on that. Not only is it more realistic, but it doesn't take 3 shots to kill someone at that range.

p0lar_bear
February 24th, 2009, 10:03 PM
Bet you didn't even touch the pistol.

:|

Inferno
February 25th, 2009, 03:57 PM
Well after the entire shit storm that occurred with "ZOMG YOU MADE IT A 4SK" I changed it back to 3sk.

Alwin Roth
February 25th, 2009, 05:52 PM
imma beta?

Syuusuke
February 25th, 2009, 08:27 PM
Make it 3.5sk =D

Inferno
February 25th, 2009, 09:20 PM
Lawl. No longer a head shot. Its a half shot