PDA

View Full Version : yoyoV2 little update

yoyorast
February 26th, 2009, 02:24 PM
from www.yoyorast.com forums :

Honestly the Yoyorast fan base isn't large enough to expect posts every day. That only really happens when you have at least 10 members active each day.
I believe it is bigger outside the website.Thougt many players has jumped of the "Yoyorast Fan-train"..Mostly because of such a long wait..Im not a big fan anymore either..I just wanna check out how he is progressing now and then.

Oouch, this hurts lol.. but its perfectly normal that you and others tend to loose interest cause such a long wait.. and we can't discuss everyday when there's nothing new to discuss anyway...
Well, let me give one more little update.. Inferno has been working hard on a way to make the most efficient portals possible but the map is so complex + the fact that almost every places are visible at the same time makes the task really hard.. so the clipping problem (parts of the map desapearing when looking from certain spots) is still there... I've been constantly trying to retouch the model in order to remove some not indispensable polygons with not changing too much the design.. but I had to remove some stuctures or simplificate others here and there... God I'm spending as much time to remove this stuff as I spent to create it.. this is really frustrating.. but these are the halo engine limits and we have to deal with it. Inferno is constanlty making new builds from the corrected models and we're now reaching a point where the clipping is very low and may be acceptable.. Also testing and retesting the map showed me some more shortcut that I had to fix..
On another side, inferno worked and is still working on schemes I use to send him showing different modifs and improvments he's can make on the tag side. He's a very good and talented partner. We're working as fast as we can but also as fast as ever.
I'm waiting for his lastest build (this week) to see if my last modifs to the model fixed the clipping once for good.. then I'll be able to say (even if there's a little clipping left) that the model is 100% done. Then we'll be able to send the stuff to DEE so he can make some killer lightmaps.. then there'll be some other works left on the tag side + some fix on some gametypes (nothing really big).. then Final beta will be ready. If all goes well (as I tested the map for such a long time), we'll be able to open the champain very soon after this betatest. I'm not making any promesses guys but I can feel we're now very close to the end and I'm sure those not waiting for the map anymore will feel the passion again ;)

Matooba, if you're reading this, please gimme a little update about the H3 Mongoose cause we're gonna need it soon now. Thanks

StankBacon
February 26th, 2009, 04:18 PM
good news, i for one am still excited about this map even though i don't play halo much anymore, but ill definitely come back for this.

Limited
February 26th, 2009, 04:40 PM
Yoyo, I'm one fan that you wont lose interest and support from.

Yes it has been in development for a long time, so what? I'd rather it not be rushed just to get it released and then realise huge bugs.

Keep faith yoyo, there is definitely fans left supporting you and your project and we are thankful you havent given up already.

DEElekgolo
February 26th, 2009, 07:23 PM
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/8213/haloce2009022017081382.png
Picture from the last beta. Timing was perfect.

Alwin Roth
February 26th, 2009, 07:55 PM
this is one of the projects im excited for besides h3mt's stuff...

STLRamsFan
February 26th, 2009, 08:24 PM
Hey man, take your time. I don't play Halo much these days but whenever there's a big reunion or something, I'm usually up for it. Definitely would come back for this.

Rook
February 26th, 2009, 08:44 PM
Yoyo can you PM me the updated version of yoyobeta so we can beta on the HCEL server? The one on it right now is older.

Cortexian
February 26th, 2009, 10:37 PM
Yoyo can you PM me the updated version of yoyobeta so we can beta on the HCEL server? The one on it right now is older.
I've got it and it's on Lancers Edge.

Rook
February 27th, 2009, 03:06 PM
How does that help my situation if you're not on. o__o

STLRamsFan
February 27th, 2009, 06:49 PM
Hey Yoyo, care to let an old friend do some beta testing for old times sake? :haw:
Totally your call.

Varmint260
February 27th, 2009, 08:51 PM
I played the first Yoyorast Island most out of all maps in CE. I haven't played CE in a long time now, but I'll definitely come back for this. I'm another one that's paying attention to V2's progress.

Cortexian
February 27th, 2009, 10:47 PM
How does that help my situation if you're not on. o__o
It doesn't. But just PM me on here, it's my home page.

:lamer:

Sel
February 27th, 2009, 10:48 PM

And your server is horrible... what's your point?

BobtheGreatII
February 28th, 2009, 12:25 AM
I'll wait as long as it takes for this to come out. I'm pumped for it.

Cortexian
February 28th, 2009, 01:48 AM
And your server is horrible... what's your point?
Well... My server's better that 99% of the other Halo CE servers out there! Including the HCEL server in my opinion!

.Wolf™
February 28th, 2009, 05:04 AM
Well... My server's better that 99% of the other Halo CE servers out there! Including the HCEL server in my opinion!
But then there also is alot more players that think the same about their own servers...Also i guess i cant wait for it to be realesed thougt im not as "pumped" about it as my lilbrother is:PI was for a year ago thougt^^

n00b1n8R
February 28th, 2009, 05:11 AM
I'm still waiting to see pooky's dick cut up over yoyoV2's release.

YOU BETTER DELIVER.
BOTH OF YOU.

Inferno
February 28th, 2009, 11:10 AM
I'm still waiting to see pooky's dick cut up over yoyoV2's release.

YOU BETTER DELIVER.
BOTH OF YOU.
Lolwat?

Cortexian
February 28th, 2009, 05:08 PM
But then there also is alot more players that think the same about their own servers...
Yea but they're wrong. I'm not. See the difference here?

Also, V2 is awesome fun guys! Setup a little LAN here last night to test it with 5 of my buddies, was pretty fun.

.Wolf™
February 28th, 2009, 05:46 PM
Well if your server was playing any good maps then i would think it is any good..

Cortexian
February 28th, 2009, 05:57 PM
Well if your server was playing any good maps then i would think it is any good..
It's only playing classic maps because nobody plays the good custom maps. I ran the server on all the best custom maps for a few months, never had more than 5 people in the server at one time.

StankBacon
February 28th, 2009, 07:50 PM

Yea but they're wrong. I'm not. See the difference here?

Christ, you get more immature every day.... get the fuck out.

sevlag
February 28th, 2009, 08:03 PM
It's only playing classic maps because nobody plays the good custom maps. I ran the server on all the best custom maps for a few months, never had more than 5 people in the server at one time.
because its all "zomg, shnow grove, chaos gulch lawlsville USA, noob.map"

Too many coldcrap coldsnap servers, too many servers running useless maps, other servers just plain garbage, those god awful nub servers.

freelancer is right, not alot of servers running good maps, jsut an assload of shitty ones runnin shit maps

Hunter
February 28th, 2009, 08:12 PM

Dont you remember, he is god. He is always correct...

Sel
February 28th, 2009, 11:10 PM

Go bacon! :goat:

Rook
February 28th, 2009, 11:20 PM
:ohsnap:
Get to the bunker

RobertGraham
February 28th, 2009, 11:20 PM
because its all "zomg, shnow grove, chaos gulch lawlsville USA, noob.map"

Too many coldcrap coldsnap servers, too many servers running useless maps, other servers just plain garbage, those god awful nub servers.

freelancer is right, not alot of servers running good maps, jsut an assload of shitty ones runnin shit mapsI hate when I just want to play a round of snipers on bloodgulch and its fucking rockets. How the fuck do you play rockets on a huge fucking map? I just learned french btw

Cortexian
March 1st, 2009, 02:33 AM
My first post that you quoted is a perfectly valid statement. MY OPINION is mine, so you, and everyone else can think whatever the fuck you want.

My second post was in jest.

I'm thinking of introducing some "good" custom maps into the map cycle one at a time, with a server message detailing how to get them from my website... Maybe I'll be able to "ween" some of the "zomg, shnow grove, chaos gulch lawlsville USA, noob.map" faggots onto some REAL maps.

Rook
March 1st, 2009, 12:23 PM
I'm thinking of introducing some "good" custom maps into the map cycle one at a time, with a server message detailing how to get them from my website... Maybe I'll be able to "ween" some of the "zomg, shnow grove, chaos gulch lawlsville USA, noob.map" faggots onto some REAL maps.
That never works though. :(

Inferno
March 1st, 2009, 12:29 PM
Wait wasn't this thread about yoyorast v2?

Here's a picture to get you back on topic.

http://dedi-servers.net/ftp/dmt/images/lololol.PNG

Syuusuke
March 1st, 2009, 12:37 PM
Why would you put Microsoft Games so close to your C: drive? It should be in its proper Program Files folder!!

kidding, but, good to see

Inferno
March 1st, 2009, 12:47 PM
Lol I keep all of my editing kits and games in C:/Microsoft Games
Makes navigating to stuff I actually use much faster. ;)

.Wolf™
March 1st, 2009, 01:26 PM
Wait wasn't this thread about yoyorast v2?

Here's a picture to get you back on topic.

http://dedi-servers.net/ftp/dmt/images/lololol.PNG

You will probably see that some portals might be weird..However if your lucky..None will ever know and you can get away whit it:)
U shall fix all error am i rite?^^

Inferno
March 1st, 2009, 01:39 PM
We already know about the 1 portal in the map that's messed up and I'm going to fix it when I get the model back from yoyorast.

The magenta boxed line shit is bull though. The portals are well below the map. There is no way they are unearthed at all.
The cyan errors don't do anything also.

sevlag
March 1st, 2009, 03:08 PM
so its basically saying things that aren't true.

and whats that one messed portal? if left alone would it inhibit gameplay at all or no?

Inferno
March 1st, 2009, 03:14 PM
In the panic room underwater a part of the hall disappears at a certain angle. Not a terrible error but a annoying one.

StankBacon
March 1st, 2009, 11:13 PM
fix all the errors, don't be lazy.

Cortexian
March 2nd, 2009, 01:15 AM
This, I expect perfection.

n00b1n8R
March 2nd, 2009, 01:35 AM
Lazy?
YoyoV2?

:lol:

BobtheGreatII
March 2nd, 2009, 01:55 AM
This, I expect perfection.

I'm expecting nothing less than it redefining my Halo experience.

Do not let me down. :downs:

Sel
March 2nd, 2009, 06:52 AM
I'm expecting dickgirls.

oh and perfection too

RecycleBin
March 2nd, 2009, 07:35 AM
I'm expecting dickgirls.

oh and perfection too

I'm expecting a good hot dicking

Heathen
March 2nd, 2009, 08:33 AM
I am still excited too.

RecycleBin
March 2nd, 2009, 08:38 AM
I loved the 1st Yoyorast.
I cannot wait for the second to come out. (it will be a lot better then those shitty yoyomods)

Inferno
March 2nd, 2009, 03:21 PM

Kind of hard to fix non-exsistant errors.

Some of those errors do not actually exists or make sense. Especially on my portals. The portals work fine in game but give me errors on export. If you want to take a look I can show you guys.

.Wolf™
March 3rd, 2009, 01:03 AM
^They´re there if tool tells you they are there.You just have to look.

sevlag
March 3rd, 2009, 07:11 AM
In the panic room underwater a part of the hall disappears at a certain angle. Not a terrible error but a annoying one.ah...I see, did you manage to fix it yet?

BobtheGreatII
March 3rd, 2009, 11:37 AM

Tool isn't flawless.

Inferno
March 3rd, 2009, 03:20 PM
That's like saying tool is god. Which it is not.
There are errors on export that I cannot fix. This is due to the errors not making any sense at all. (unearthed edges that are well below the map are a good example)

Also wtf are z-buffered triangles and how do I fix them?

Heathen
March 3rd, 2009, 03:37 PM
That's like saying tool is god. Which it is not.
There are errors on export that I cannot fix. This is due to the errors not making any sense at all. (unearthed edges that are well below the map are a good example)

Also wtf are z-buffered triangles and how do I fix them?
Like tool is freelancer? Remember, he is a tool. He is always correct.
:P

Sel
March 3rd, 2009, 06:22 PM

Errr, no.

I get errors in tool all the time complaining about unsealed portals when the portals are obviously sealed. :S

.Wolf™
March 4th, 2009, 10:18 AM
Just because you dont see it doesnt mean Tool cant notice that there is one.However,some errors are not gameplay disturbing,exept Coplanars and sometimes Z buffered.And sometimes that the portals is not closed,even thougt that just changes the quality and some errors,like seeing through the bsp.

Ralex123
March 4th, 2009, 05:30 PM
Aww, last year I was waiting too... but I can stand it.

sevlag
March 5th, 2009, 10:48 AM
any new updates from anyone working on the project

ShadowSpartan
March 5th, 2009, 01:17 PM
any new updates from anyone working on the project
It has only been a week since this topic was created, at least wait a few weeks before asking for any updates.

Last I heard from Inferno, he was waiting on Yoyorast to finish up the last of the poly-reduction, which will hopefully fix the portalling issues.

Inferno
March 5th, 2009, 03:31 PM
It didn't but doesn't matter. Were on to fixing errors like invis walls and stuff.

sevlag
March 5th, 2009, 03:33 PM
It didn't but doesn't matter. Were on to fixing errors like invis walls and stuff.
well thats an update, good one at that. '09 seems like the year of GOOD CE maps

Inferno
March 6th, 2009, 04:39 PM
Nice little update guys.
http://dedi-servers.net/ftp/dmt/images/yoyov2%20progress%20update%20-%20NO%20ERRORS%20WOOOO.PNG

There are like 3 places with the same yellow error. IDK wtf is wrong with them because they are perfectly sealed. Also when I started today there was like 110 errors. Only like 6 left.

azjesse
March 6th, 2009, 05:00 PM
Nice.

.Wolf™
March 6th, 2009, 05:44 PM
Inferno skip that error.I had it in my map..And i didnt notice any big difference.Tool is in some cases,over sensitiv.But you shouldnt totaly ignore what tool gives you.

TheGhost
March 12th, 2009, 11:07 PM
The portals will be ignored in that case. I ended up removing almost (all?) exact portals because of problems like that. Only terrains portals. FYI Yoyorast v1 had errors/warnings... I just got rid of the important ones. We were on a tight release schedule.

yoyorast
March 13th, 2009, 11:35 AM
The 2 very annoying invisible walls remaining are produced buy the 2 doors (tags) (aligned with these verical doors).. Do these are removable in your opinion Ghost?

Inferno
March 13th, 2009, 03:26 PM
Those are caused by the collision model tags. I'm just lazy and I still haven't recreated those. :rolleyes:

p0lar_bear
March 14th, 2009, 11:49 AM
Exact portals are a bitch, yes. You must do them a certain way; believe me, I had fun trying to figure them out while I was trying to reportal floodlab (should probably get back to that one of these days).

1) Exact Portals: These are portals defined by surfaces or planes with the +exactportal material applied to them. Exact portals are created such that the faces (edges and vertices) match the surrounding geometry (edges and vertices). These faces in effect create a "seal". The volume that is between these surfaces or planes is an exact portal. The direction of the normals of the faces helps determine how the portal is defined.Meaning that if you had a box with windows and a door, you would put a portal in each window and the doorway, facing outwards. For an outdoor map like Yoyorast, the concept is easy to apply.

Also, I noticed that Yoyo v1 had a number of little shortcuts taken in making level geometry that would make portalling harder than it should be. For instance, the glass chutes were NOT connected to the tunnels at the bottom; if you line up just right you can shoot out of the chute at players on the hill. Since they weren't connected, if you put exactportals on the tunnel windows, entrance, and the top of the flag chute, you would get the error about them not defining a closed space, since in actuality, they aren't. To fix it, you should either fix the chutes to actually connect to the tunnels, or you would add two exactportals; one to the bottom of the glass, facing down, and another to the tunnel's upward opening, affixed to where the metal ends, facing up.

I'm not sure if similar shortcuts were taken with version 2 (I imagine that they were taken either due to inexperience with Amapi, or that's just how Amapi rolls, and nobody noticed it when it was converted to 3ds max), but that's how that would work if you were reportalling the v1 BSP.