PDA

View Full Version : Which weapon would you choose?

fuzzy001
March 3rd, 2009, 01:50 PM
(In general) which would you rather have, a chainsaw or a flamethrower?

Warsaw
March 3rd, 2009, 01:54 PM
Woah, where've you been? You don't get on AIM or XFire anymore...

That being said, Flamethrower definitely...it outranges the chainsaw.

BobtheGreatII
March 3rd, 2009, 02:02 PM
If the selection had been the rocket propelled chainsaw I would have chosen that.

Syuusuke
March 3rd, 2009, 02:46 PM
Flamethrower,

because you have to rev a chainsaw up and that takes too much time.

Although a chainsaw is somewhat scarier.

A flamethrower is convenient too.

ICEE
March 3rd, 2009, 03:04 PM
flamethrower hands down.

DEElekgolo
March 3rd, 2009, 03:09 PM
Chainsaw nun-chucks.

RobertGraham
March 3rd, 2009, 03:24 PM
I'd rather have a flamethrower since it has a longer range and you don't have to get killed, but Chainsaw has its pros since you can pretty much just go up, Chain the shit out of the thing you want dead, and make sure its dead. So either one would be alright, but I prefer flamethrower more.

Heathen
March 3rd, 2009, 03:41 PM
Chainsaw is funner and more practical for corridor fighting.

A flamethrower is better for outside and waves of enemies.

n00b1n8R
March 3rd, 2009, 03:51 PM
Can it be a... chainsword?

RobertGraham
March 3rd, 2009, 03:53 PM
Chainthrower. Chainsaw with a Flamethrower. Problem solved.

Corndogman
March 3rd, 2009, 04:00 PM
Flamethrower. You have to get up close to the enemy to use a chainsaw and you risk being injured in doing so. With a flamethrower you can stand at a safe distance. The only drawback is you risk catching yourself on fire because of environmental factors or getting tackled by the guy you just torched.

sdavis117
March 3rd, 2009, 04:05 PM
You can get a chainsaw at the local hardware store. But I doubt you can get a good flamethrower anywhere these days.

Sever
March 3rd, 2009, 04:22 PM
http://tf2wiki.net/w/images/8/81/Pyrotaunt1.PNG

sdavis117
March 3rd, 2009, 05:32 PM
Oh, this is a TF2 thread?

Well I'd still choose the Flamethrower.

Mr Buckshot
March 3rd, 2009, 05:47 PM
Chainsaw...if it's the one attached to the Lancer assault rifle in Gears of War.

Otherwise, flamethrower.

Boba
March 3rd, 2009, 05:53 PM
A chainsaw isn't even a fucking weapon, nor would it be useful as one. The flamethrower is about the same as far as practicality goes, though.

Heathen
March 3rd, 2009, 06:05 PM
I dont think its a TF2 thread...

But have you ever noticed that defoliators are great weapons?

Machete, Chainsaw, Flamethrower...

ThePlague
March 3rd, 2009, 06:07 PM
Obviously a Flamethrower, because I like it when people die in a fire.

TheGhost
March 3rd, 2009, 06:08 PM
pyro right here

fuzzy001
March 3rd, 2009, 06:33 PM
Woah, where've you been? You don't get on AIM or XFire anymore...

That being said, Flamethrower definitely...it outranges the chainsaw.

Computer has been having some issues, and I've been sick last week. Used the school's computers to post this thread.

But what if you had some crazy ass wind going against your flamethrower that would cause the flame to go "off course"? What if the environment didn't suit a flamethrower.

How long do you think (in RL) would it take to saw through the average human being with a chainsaw?

Also, if you burn someone with a flamethrower they don't die instantly, they still have a chance to retaliate.

p0lar_bear
March 3rd, 2009, 07:03 PM
YOU THINK YOU CAN TAKE ME?!

I"LL TAKE YOU STRAIGHT TO THE FUCKING RESURRECTION!

I0eE6s08qok

Phopojijo
March 3rd, 2009, 07:17 PM
Chainthrower. Chainsaw with a Flamethrower. Problem solved.Kinda a Pie and Cake thing... hmm... pie + cake = pike... I know what my weapon is : D

Donut
March 3rd, 2009, 07:30 PM
do what gears of war did. attach a chainsaw to a flame thrower...... i cannot see why you would possibly need something like that though

also polar_bear i fuckin laughed my ass off at that video

rossmum
March 3rd, 2009, 07:49 PM
Rifle.

Chainsaws are terrible when used as weapons and flamethrowers are equally dangerous and similarly impractical.

TVTyrant
March 3rd, 2009, 08:51 PM
Can I have a chainsaw that spews flames? Or the Gears Chainsaw rifle?

I say go chainsaw. Lots of ugly bits and pieces for more fun xD

Heathen
March 3rd, 2009, 09:13 PM
Can I have a chainsaw that spews flames? Or the Gears Chainsaw rifle?

I say go chainsaw. Lots of ugly bits and pieces for more fun xD
A Lancer
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/gearsofwar/images/e/ea/Lancer2.gif (http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/gearsofwar/images/e/ea/Lancer2.gif)

Phopojijo
March 3rd, 2009, 10:05 PM
8aJjMOy-Ops

Mutually Assured Destruction.

Amit
March 3rd, 2009, 10:25 PM
Does your mother count as a weapon?

Heathen
March 3rd, 2009, 11:05 PM
Man...its getting awfully ot in here.

paladin
March 4th, 2009, 03:23 AM
Flamer

Heathen
March 4th, 2009, 06:20 AM
I pick chainsaw :O

Bodzilla
March 7th, 2009, 06:28 AM
You can get a chainsaw at the local hardware store. But I doubt you can get a good flamethrower anywhere these days.

truth.

nick3d
March 7th, 2009, 07:47 AM
you get too torture them with a chainsaw chopping an arm off at a time then the legs and then his...

HEAD

Mwhahahahahahahahaha :P

klange
March 7th, 2009, 10:37 AM
Did Doom have a flamethrower?

No?

Well, that settles it.

Chainsaw.

Mass
March 7th, 2009, 01:15 PM
You'd have an immense amount of difficulty killing someone with a chainsaw: it's heavy, it's loud, it's designed with special teeth mimicking that of wood-worms, the thing doesn't so much cut things as pull small chunks out of them...it's like a sideways conveyor belt that carries away wood bits, not some sort of hyper powerful cutting tool.

A flamethrower is huge, clunky, dangerous, and explosive; it's useful in conjunction with other weaponry for specific purposes like emptying pillboxes, caves, and heavily foliage, but if you were alone addressing a non-specific threat it's not a good choice.

I'd much rather have a sub-machine gun, rifle (preferably bullpup,) or pump-action shotgun. If I had to choose though, a flamethrower due to its ability to actually kill people (very quickly, painfully, and thoroughly I might add.)

Mr Buckshot
March 7th, 2009, 10:50 PM
In the event of a zombie apocalypse, though, using a flamethrower on a zombie may not be a good idea, it'll keep rushing towards you as it burns and possibly do some damage to you as well before it dies. In that case, chainsaw :P

On real people though, flamethrowers are better, they suit the sadistic. And if you're 007 you might end up riding a motorcycle with twin flamethrowers on the sides.

Doom 1 + god mode cheat + chainsaw = mindless, ultra fun carnage.

RobertGraham
March 7th, 2009, 10:57 PM
I Still think a Chainthrower would work.

TeeKup
March 8th, 2009, 01:42 PM
http://www.stitthappens.com/images/random/rocketChainsaw_poster.jpg

Mass
March 8th, 2009, 01:55 PM
In the event of a zombie apocalypse, though, using a flamethrower on a zombie may not be a good idea, it'll keep rushing towards you as it burns and possibly do some damage to you as well before it dies. In that case, chainsaw :P

On real people though, flamethrowers are better, they suit the sadistic. And if you're 007 you might end up riding a motorcycle with twin flamethrowers on the sides.

Doom 1 + god mode cheat + chainsaw = mindless, ultra fun carnage.
You do realize that a flamethrower kills things nearly instantly... The extreme heat and pressure incinerates people; the idea of people being set on fire and running around is very silly considering the weapon shoots something akin to a continuous explosion...

Hotrod
March 8th, 2009, 01:56 PM
I would definitely take the flamethrower, much more fun to use.

Hunter
March 9th, 2009, 03:02 PM
BOTH :P

Pooky
March 10th, 2009, 10:35 AM
Flaming chainsword, obviously.

t3h m00kz
March 10th, 2009, 05:53 PM

6yFUtJhUb7Q

:awesome:

BobtheGreatII
March 10th, 2009, 06:01 PM
:awesome:

Wow...

Brb

rossmum
March 10th, 2009, 06:54 PM
You never realised you could do that?

BobtheGreatII
March 10th, 2009, 08:45 PM