PDA

View Full Version : Cartoon network: Now with 60% less cartoons!

LlamaMaster
March 28th, 2009, 12:03 AM
First up, let me attempt to describe my raw hatred for our media. Every aspect of the media has been declining in creativity and quality for several years now. News is nothing but "interesting" soft stories, bullshit propaganda, and fear mongering. Damn near every TV show is a recycled version of another, and there are ***never*** any new ideas. This applies to music, movies, games... the whole media. Every time I see a movie preview I think the same thing: "Oh, well that looks generic." Now it's nothing but recycled ideas, sequels, and remakes. Music rarely veers from it's genre, and as a result, the vast majority of stuff sounds the same. Games are no exception to the "generic" plague, but what keeps the industry from sucking is that you can replay good games indefinitely.

Anyway, lets get to what spawned my rage today:

http://www.tv.com/story/13415.html

Cable station no longer living up to its name, will get in to live-action reality shows, scripted programs.

http://image.com.com/tv/images/genie_images/story/2009/b/ben10alienforce.jpg (http://www.tv.com/ben-10-alien-force/show/74606/summary.html) Ben 10 going live action!

First MTV stops showing music videos, now this? Cartoon Network is sticking with the "Network" portion of its name, but ditching the strictly "Cartoon" bit, the company announced today. Nineteen new projects were announced, and less than half will be hand-drawn.
"These exciting new projects represent the next phase in Cartoon Network's ambitious, ongoing strategy to re-invent the network and re-energize our youth business overall," said Stuart Snyder.
These new non-cartoons will start airing in the coming 2009-2010 season and feature reality and scripted programs, most of which sound like pint-sized versions of programs currently airing on other networks.
Highlights: The Othersiders is a mini-Ghost Hunters, with five friends exploring scary places; Destroy Build Destroy is like Human Wrecking Balls, with two teams blowing stuff up; Dude, What Would Happen is a Mythbusters clone; Bobb'e Says takes the ridiculously funny child actor Bobb'e J. Thompson (Human Giant, Role Models) in his own take of America's Funniest Home Videos.
Also announced was a live-action Ben 10: Alien Force (http://www.tv.com/ben-10-alien-force/show/74606/summary.html) movie, a Scooby-Doo! prequel telefilm, and a full CG movie titled Firebreather!
Cartoon Network has sucked for years now, but that is just pathetic. It's following in the footsteps of G4 and MTV. So basically my point is...

Faith lost. Fuck TV; fuck movies; fuck music; fuck the (majority of) media.

Bodzilla
March 28th, 2009, 12:07 AM
i havnt been watching TV for years.

The internet is much more entertaining and has been for a long while now.
as it continues to improve the need for TV decrease's.

i aint saying we'll ever get rid of TV or that IT"S AT ITS END, but people are increasingly turnign to the internet for entertainment.
Hulu, Facebook, myspace, youtube..... TV doesnt cut it with the generations of today so these people are desperate.

legionaire45
March 28th, 2009, 12:13 AM
Crimes against humanity.

Seriously, there was a reason that the whole "Cartoon Cartoons" or whatever thing worked; because the shows were original and interesting. The average sub-10 year old doesn't want to see some castrated version of the discovery channel every fucking day. Then again, these are the same pathetic morons who have been watching Cartoon Network's recent line up...

ultama121
March 28th, 2009, 12:26 AM
The TV offers some good background noise. :V

TV is now pretty much all about the money, including Cartoon Network.

Actually now that I think about it, there are still some sections of television that don't suck... (Current Dramas: Lost, House) (Comedies: Scrubs, The Office, 30 Rock)

rossmum
March 28th, 2009, 12:29 AM
I watch a couple of shows (alright, more than a couple: House, which sadly has been going downhill lately - they seem scared to extend a good story arc over any more than one or two eps; Bones, for the simple fact it has Emily Deschanel in it; Scrubs, which I never really started watching until last year as all three of my housemates were raving fans; Lie To Me, because it's actually somewhat original; Life, because it's on after House and fills the "my internet is probably still down" timeslot; Underbelly, which is actually really good, and then New Tricks and The Bill on ABC out of habit, though by default anything the ABC screens is pretty good. As well as that, I watch any interesting documentaries I can find. There's a really awesome one about Churchill just wrapping up on SBS, it was really good), but I only began really watching TV on any channel other than ABC last year. Most of the shows on nowadays are crap, so I just take my pick and spend the rest of my spare time with friends or on the PC.

It does strike me as immensely stupid they're doing this, though; why not just create a sub-channel or something the way that Discovery and NatGeo have things like Discovery Science or Animal Planet?

TVTyrant
March 28th, 2009, 12:43 AM
I like Two and a Half Men, Future Weapons (isn't that canceled now though?) amd Mythbusters. Other than that its the old guard of Simpsons and Family Guy. I agree, most TV sucks now, but TV was never especially amazing in the first place. The only channel I used to watch when I had cable was VH1 Classic for the shows about Heavy Metal, but I don't get that channel anymore :( So yeah, I don't see anything appealing about it.
As far as music, I just think your looking in the wrong places ;)

rossmum
March 28th, 2009, 12:45 AM
I don't have Discovery, History or NatGeo anymore, which is a real pain as I used to spend hours watching them... now I have to wait until regular stations put the same shows on, about five years later and at a really bad timeslot. Great.

TVTyrant
March 28th, 2009, 01:24 AM
Dang broken rep :mad:
Yeah, those were my favorites too Ross, but I had to cut em off because they were costing too much. Damn economy.

English Mobster
March 28th, 2009, 01:33 AM
I still love Mythbusters and the shows on Discovery. As long as it's not "How It's Made".

National Geographic and History are good too.

I don't watch much else besides those and Family Guy.

Alex
March 28th, 2009, 01:36 AM
*sigh* time to go the video store so I can give my future kids the greatest shows from my childhood so theirs won't be ruined by the lame shows coming up....

Huero
March 28th, 2009, 03:15 AM
Fuck TV
agreed to a certain extent
I watch a lot of good, original TV shows

fuck movies
they bore the shit out of me, always have

fuck music
no you shut up

oh and e:
go outside stop watching cartoons

n00b1n8R
March 28th, 2009, 04:43 AM
I watch house (been going downhill since the end of season 1, seems to have gotten a bit better lately though), srubs (when I catch it), mythbusters (it's entertaining), shit on the ABC (ftw), docos on SBS and that's about it.

I entertain myself on the internets these days.

CabooseJr
March 28th, 2009, 06:17 AM
Don't get me started on when they canceled Toonami. 97-07 was its prime years.

Mass
March 28th, 2009, 09:58 AM
At least they've actually kept Adult Swim pretty similar as far as what they've done with the station breaks, ect... I still watch that. They've added new shows and some of them are kind of dumb (What the fuck is with Delocated, anyway) but changing up the schedule is something I expect at Adult Swim. Plus, I love Super Jail and King of the Hill. King of the Hill is really funny if you're willing to catch all the small things in a show, it's subtle.

Rest of cartoon network is kind of sad, and not all cartoons. :/

Heathen
March 28th, 2009, 10:35 AM
First up, let me attempt to describe my raw hatred for our media. Every aspect of the media has been declining in creativity and quality for several years now. News is nothing but "interesting" soft stories, bullshit propaganda, and fear mongering. Damn near every TV show is a recycled version of another, and there are ***never*** any new ideas. This applies to music, movies, games... the whole media. Every time I see a movie preview I think the same thing: "Oh, well that looks generic." Now it's nothing but recycled ideas, sequels, and remakes. Music rarely veers from it's genre, and as a result, the vast majority of stuff sounds the same. Games are no exception to the "generic" plague, but what keeps the industry from sucking is that you can replay good games indefinitely.

Anyway, lets get to what spawned my rage today:

http://www.tv.com/story/13415.html
Cartoon Network has sucked for years now, but that is just pathetic. It's following in the footsteps of G4 and MTV. So basically my point is...

Faith lost. Fuck TV; fuck movies; fuck music; fuck the (majority of) media.

Dude, this has been happening and I have noticed it long ago.
And not only that, but Adult Swim has been climbing its way into shit lately.
Allow me to list.

Delocated
Look Around You
Tom Goes to the Mayor
Xavier [I hate this show so much]
Drinky Crow Show
Tim and Eric Awesome Show [worst show ever]

My point is...the non-cartoon stuff is also conveniently the worst stuff.

So why air it? If I wanted live action cartoons as a kid I would go watch Nickelodeon and Disney..which I would rather mutilate my own crotch than do that.

ICEE
March 28th, 2009, 12:49 PM
At least they've actually kept Adult Swim pretty similar as far as what they've done with the station breaks, ect... I still watch that. They've added new shows and some of them are kind of dumb (What the fuck is with Delocated, anyway) but changing up the schedule is something I expect at Adult Swim. Plus, I love Super Jail and King of the Hill. King of the Hill is really funny if you're willing to catch all the small things in a show, it's subtle.

Rest of cartoon network is kind of sad, and not all cartoons. :/

Delocated is pretty off the wall, but there are definitely funny moments and concepts. It just doesn't feel really well executed at times. The show I can't stand is "look around you". Every time it comes on I am done with TV

Dwood
March 28th, 2009, 12:55 PM

Same here. //Gundam will live on forever!

Huero
March 28th, 2009, 12:57 PM
Delocated
seen a bit of it, hilarious
Look Around You
you shut up
Tom Goes to the Mayor
i quite enjoy this, actually
especially the episode where they all got high
Xavier [I hate this show so much]
this is the best show in existence
Drinky Crow Show
sucks
Tim and Eric Awesome Show [worst show ever]
can be kind of funny if you look past the random bullshit

my comments above

Mr Buckshot
March 28th, 2009, 01:10 PM
I still watch Discovery Channel - mythbusters is still 1337. Sometimes I watch the news, but usually I just record movies from channel 38 or TBS or something to my digital recorder and fast forward through the commercials when I watch them later. Used to have movie central, that was wicked epic awesome until my free 12 months (came with purchase of HDTV) expired, now I use PPV high def from time to time.

But yes cartoon channels are full of garbage these days so I'm not really crying about this news. Anyway we don't have Cartoon Network in Canada (we have Teletoon which sucks as much).

what happened to tom&jerry/classic bugs bunny/pre-2000's DC superhero series/Popeye/etc? Those are still the only cartoons I've ever liked, and I really wish cartoon channels would have reruns of these even today. But then again, there's Youtube :)

I basically stopped watching cartoon channels altogether after 2004 I think. Youtube has a lot of full cartoons from the old days.

mech
March 28th, 2009, 01:20 PM
I watch sports, dog whisperer, flapjack, chowder, back at the barnyard, spongebob and occasionally the food channel.

Heathen
March 28th, 2009, 01:48 PM
My TV stays on NG, Discovery, and History.

DEElekgolo
March 28th, 2009, 02:21 PM
I miss the old cartoonnetwork. With dexters lab and Ed edd and eddy :C. Now its full of faggatory.

p0lar_bear
March 28th, 2009, 02:24 PM
Eh, I lost faith in TV when they stopped doing Whose Line Is It, Anyway?

LinkandKvel
March 28th, 2009, 02:25 PM
I miss the old cartoonnetwork. With dexters lab and Ed edd and eddy :C. Now its full of faggatory.

^this

FreedomFighter7
March 28th, 2009, 02:40 PM
Whoever says TV, games, or music is getting unoriginal and boring is wrong imo. I've seen many new shows that I think are pure genius, and very original. As for games I don't know, I don't buy new games.

I think that they're making a Ben ten live action movie is because they can't spare the time to make an animated one, they're tied up making episodes for TV in animated form.

I've found the internet increasingly boring, as well as the games I own. So I watch TV very much now.

PS: Ed edd n eddy rocks!!!

mech
March 28th, 2009, 02:46 PM
I can only name a couple new cartoons that I enjoy watching from time to time, the rest of that animated dog diahhrea shouldn't be on air.

PS: what the fuck is all this zack and cody and wizards shit, who watches that seriously?

LinkandKvel
March 28th, 2009, 02:48 PM
I can only name a couple new cartoons that I enjoy watching from time to time, the rest of that animated dog diahhrea shouldn't be on air.

PS: what the fuck is all this zack and cody and wizards shit, who watches that seriously?

Who watches the disney channel?

Dwood
March 28th, 2009, 02:55 PM

Little girls and older brothers who have little sisters who scream if the TV is under a certain number of decibals.

Heathen
March 28th, 2009, 03:33 PM
This

Eh, I lost faith in TV when they stopped doing Whose Line Is It, Anyway?
This

This

sdavis117
March 28th, 2009, 03:45 PM
Didn't they make a channel called Boomerang that has all of the old Cartoon Network shows?

kenney001
March 28th, 2009, 03:50 PM
Which costs extra on most Tv subscriptions...

Kalub
March 28th, 2009, 03:54 PM
Yea, I miss Tom. :(

I liked Cartoon Cartoon, powerpuff girls, and all the rest of the gang.

PlasbianX
March 28th, 2009, 04:37 PM
Is adult swim even around? I havent watched saturday night tv in ages since i started working, but I do miss my anime :< havent seen bleach or anything good in a while.

EDIT:

Didn't they make a channel called Boomerang that has all of the old Cartoon Network shows?

Yeah but OLD as in, Johnny Quest. Jetsons, Yogi Bear, etc old.

klange
March 28th, 2009, 04:41 PM
SyFy has wrestling... History Channel has supernatural shows... And now Cartoon Network has live action? What's next? Discovery going to switch to sports? Will Comedy Central show dramas? Will TruTV (which at least changed their named to something that actually fit their content) start showing scripted stuff? Will Spike start showing chick flicks? When will it end?

Bodzilla
March 28th, 2009, 06:43 PM
wheres my Fairly odd parents :<

DEElekgolo
March 28th, 2009, 06:47 PM
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u252/TheBraxcave/ReBoot.jpg
Remember these guys? :(

Bodzilla
March 28th, 2009, 06:49 PM
no.

i'm not gay

:S

LinkandKvel
March 28th, 2009, 06:53 PM
Remember these guys? :(

reboot? HELL YES!!!!!!!!

Rosco
March 28th, 2009, 06:58 PM
I used to watch cartoon network at night because it showed cartoon cartoons, things like ed edd and eddy, just ones I used to really enjoy. I tend to watch a channel called Dave mostly now, has what I want. I used to watch spongebob but the series got shit.

jngrow
March 28th, 2009, 07:00 PM

It went shitty as soon as he got a fucking face. I never watched a single minute after that.

Yeah pretty, much agree. And it's not our generation bias- I remember my parents being able to sit down and get a couple of laughs out of most cartoons I watched as a kid. We were all together flipping through channels, and except for 1 or 2 shows, new cartoons... :(

Mr Buckshot
March 28th, 2009, 07:05 PM

ah yes, I remember that now, one of my old middle school friends back in the states had it. But I didn't, because his subscription cost more than mine.

We need the old stuff back on the regular cartoon channel. Period. I know there's Youtube, but it's the TV vs the computer screen, yo.

These days I think my TV spends more time displaying my game console data than displaying channels.

Heathen
March 28th, 2009, 07:10 PM
I still love Mythbusters and the shows on Discovery. As long as it's not "How It's Made".

National Geographic and History are good too.

I don't watch much else besides those and Family Guy.
You sir have expressed my feelings in the most complete way possible.

I agree with every single part of this post.

PlasbianX
March 28th, 2009, 07:21 PM
wheres my Fairly odd parents :<

On Nickelodeon.

Rob Oplawar
March 28th, 2009, 07:56 PM
Hulu. 'Nuff said.

Heathen
March 28th, 2009, 08:42 PM
Hulu. 'Nuff said.
yup

TeeKup
March 28th, 2009, 08:52 PM
The loss of Tom and the Absolution was my final straw. His replacement, those 3 retarded little androids were horrible.

Toonami 97-07 will remain one of the greatest tv experiences I've ever had.

armoman92
March 28th, 2009, 09:28 PM
who remembers cow and chicken? That with Dexter's lab were my favs.

thehoodedsmack
March 28th, 2009, 09:35 PM
Cow and Chicken
Ed, Edd, and Eddy
Johnny Bravo
Dexter's Lab
Samurai Jack

Word up.

DEElekgolo
March 28th, 2009, 09:47 PM
And back when adultswim was awesome.

DarkHalo003
March 28th, 2009, 09:47 PM
1.) A Scooby Doo telefilm PREQUEL?! WHAT THE FUCK?!

2.) I'm tired of this shitty live action shit?

3.) CGs were considered cartoons to my knowledge, or at least they're not real life.

4.) I remember the nineties and early 2000s. I miss those days. Those cartoons were the best as a whole. Even if you play them now, it's still not the same.

WHAT HAPPENED TO CARTOON CARTOON FRIDAYS?!

Mr Buckshot
March 28th, 2009, 09:51 PM
Justice League, dudes. The one with Kevin Conroy voicing Batman. I miss that.

The old Batman animated series from 1992-1998 (also the voice of Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill too) needs to be revived too. I don't like the anime-esque The Batman that's on Teletoon (Canadian equivalent of cartoon network) these days. That art style just doesn't fit with Batman, plus they totally ruined half the villains.

DEElekgolo
March 28th, 2009, 10:23 PM
WHAT HAPPENED TO CARTOON CARTOON FRIDAYS?!
OH FUCK I MISS THOSE! Especially when the mayor was the host :C.

DarkHalo003
March 28th, 2009, 10:26 PM
OH FUCK I MISS THOSE! Especially when the mayor was the host :C.
I think that marked the beginning of the end for Cartoon Fucking Network. Everything looks so restricted now that they took off the remaining good shows practically: Grim Adventures and Any 90s Cartoon.

TVTyrant
March 28th, 2009, 10:28 PM
Whatever happened to Samurai Jack? I did they ever finish it?

Heathen
March 28th, 2009, 11:18 PM
Hey on the subject, is it true that Peter Jackson is doing a live action Power Puff Girls movie?

If so....fuck yes.

Mr Buckshot
March 28th, 2009, 11:20 PM
live action Power Puff Girls movie?

lol. just lol.

ThePlague
March 28th, 2009, 11:23 PM
Better not be loli's...

Heathen
March 28th, 2009, 11:59 PM
Better not be loli's...
It better be.

TVTyrant
March 29th, 2009, 01:06 AM
That would be pretty badass...

LlamaMaster
March 29th, 2009, 01:24 AM
Better not be loli's...
What? Lolis ftw.

English Mobster
March 29th, 2009, 01:59 AM
Whatever happened to Samurai Jack? I did they ever finish it?
I think they did. I don't remember.
It was on Boomerang, I remember that. I started to feel old when Boomerang began to show the original Scooby-Doo and the first season of Pokemon (with Misty in it).

Anyone else have a crush on Misty as a kid? =3

RecycleBin
March 29th, 2009, 05:20 AM
Why must cartoon network continue to fuck us up the ass again and again.

At least there is still Nick (i fucking love spongebob)

ExAm
March 29th, 2009, 05:29 AM
HEY. HEY, PEOPLE. LOOK AT YOUR CALENDARS. WHAT DAY IS IT CLOSE TO?

Fer christ's sake.

I
http://www.nerve.com/CS/blogs/61fps/2009/01/facepalm.jpg
in your general direction.

I mean come on, don't any of you think this is a little bit odd? Cartoon Network announces that their shows are being replaced by live-action? I'm sorry, but no. You've all been duped. Good day.

RecycleBin
March 29th, 2009, 05:45 AM
I highly doubt it is an April fools joke seeing as though they are a business which is a bit inappropriate.

Dwood
March 29th, 2009, 09:02 AM
I highly doubt it is an April fools joke seeing as though they are a business which is a bit inappropriate.

Every company participates in April fools. Unless they're corporate(eg target, wal mart, Camel, Jeep, etc) and they'll get sued for the joke then they won't but other wise every company loves Apr fools.

I simply lament the fact that Cartoon Network sucks so bad these days.

FRain
March 29th, 2009, 09:06 AM
I agree on this. I stopped watching cartoon TV when it started going in the shitter and the newer "cartoons" started coming out and shortly after that I really just stopped watching TV in itself. People don't know but I'm really fucking behind on all of the recent movies.

E: Ah, April Fools. Sorry, I'm behind. I still don't like the newer cartoons.

Alwin Roth
March 29th, 2009, 09:44 AM
The only thing i ever watched on cartoon network was dragon ball z, i was 8...

sdavis117
March 29th, 2009, 04:49 PM
I'm thinking of just getting rid of all TV in general, and using Hulu, Netflix, and maybe Youtube (if they get these full length TV show deals that I keep hearing about) to fill in my need for any good shows like NCIS and House.

DrunkenSamus
March 29th, 2009, 04:57 PM
What the fuck happened to Edd Ed N' Eddy, Powerpuff Girls, Dexter's Lab, Johnny Bravo, Loony Toons, Boomerang? These shows were the foundation of Cartoon Network and they took them all out, except for Edd Ed N' Eddy which hardly airs on TV anymore. If it wasn't for Adult Swim, this network would be dead by now.

LinkandKvel
March 29th, 2009, 06:45 PM
What the fuck happened to Edd Ed N' Eddy, Powerpuff Girls, Dexter's Lab, Johnny Bravo, Loony Toons, Boomerang? These shows were the foundation of Cartoon Network and they took them all out, except for Ed Edd N' Eddy which hardly airs on TV anymore. If it wasn't for Adult Swim, this network would be dead by now.
They just made there last episode like last summer.

Warsaw
March 29th, 2009, 07:31 PM
Only shows I watch were Battlestar Galactica, Doctor Who, and Torchwood. Weaponology on the Military Channel is pretty good too, though it's beginning to get redundant. BSG is over now, and Torchwood doesn't look like it'll be having a Series 3. Doctor Who will be back in 2010 for us American folk, sans Tennant.

And yes, Cartoon Network is crap and has been for years now. =/

DrunkenSamus
March 29th, 2009, 07:37 PM
They just made there last episode like last summer.

Last summer, that was like the only show worth watching that hadn't lost its luster.

Corndogman
March 29th, 2009, 07:47 PM
I just Tivo my regular set of shows: Lost, Supernatural, Prisonbreak, the office, 30 rock, heroes; And download or hulu anything else.

Jay2644
March 30th, 2009, 01:48 AM
Danny Phantom was maybe the last of the good cartoons. I didn't think I'd like it at first, but I accidentally saw an episode (don't ask), and I liked it.

Same goes for Avatar.

Advancebo
March 30th, 2009, 07:42 AM
I miss the classic cartoons on CN :shake:

What happened to Ed Edd n' Eddy?

mech
March 30th, 2009, 08:41 AM
Danny Phantom was maybe the last of the good cartoons. I didn't think I'd like it at first, but I accidentally saw an episode (don't ask), and I liked it.

Same goes for Avatar.

Quoting a banned member.

That showed sucked.

Corndogman
March 30th, 2009, 03:07 PM
Danny Phantom or Avatar?

I loved Avatar.

LlamaMaster
March 30th, 2009, 03:20 PM
Danny Phantom or Avatar?

I loved Avatar.
Why watch a mediocre americanized knockoff of anime when you can torrent LEGITIMATELY BUY the real thing?

Oh, and another thing: Commercials automatically kill any sense of emotion or excitement. Without commercials shows could seem a hell of alot better. Instead they cut off to commercials on purpose when something interesting happens in order to "keep the person watching." Such BS.

Heathen
March 30th, 2009, 03:37 PM
Danny Phantom or Avatar?

I loved Avatar.
Avatar sucked. Danny Phantom was legit.

Warsaw
March 30th, 2009, 04:03 PM
Avatar was aimed at little kids, Danny Phantom targeted young teen audiences...

Mr Buckshot
March 30th, 2009, 06:57 PM
Why watch a mediocre americanized knockoff of anime when you can torrent LEGITIMATELY BUY the real thing?

Oh, and another thing: Commercials automatically kill any sense of emotion or excitement. Without commercials shows could seem a hell of alot better. Instead they cut off to commercials on purpose when something interesting happens in order to "keep the person watching." Such BS.

Ha, I have a hard drive digital video recorder (you can also adapt a PC to function as one, anyway they're quite inexpensive unless you buy them with some satellite plan). So these days I just record TV shows (typically discovery channel) and fast forward through the commercials when they come. When I was a kid I used to do the same with the VCR, until I found the process of rewinding and erasing tapes to be too much trouble.

so yeah, if you really hate the commercials (like me), you can either adapt your PC or buy a DVR, it's just like the old days of VCRs, only much faster and less tedious.

Masterz1337
March 30th, 2009, 07:31 PM
Aren't we all a bit to old to care about cartoons?

mech
March 30th, 2009, 07:55 PM

Let's play video games instead :downs:!!!

No.

ThePlague
March 30th, 2009, 07:56 PM
There is never an age limit on cartoons :mad:

ultama121
March 30th, 2009, 07:58 PM
Hahahahahahaha you are clever. Not really.

Seriously though, that's just kind of annoying, don't do that.

E: That was aimed at Screward.

Mr Buckshot
March 30th, 2009, 08:29 PM

http://www.cartooncritters.com/dressupimages/troll.gif

Cartoons are awesome, especially the oldies. Don't insult them.

ThePlague
March 30th, 2009, 08:30 PM
You really like that picture Buckshot. lol

TVTyrant
March 30th, 2009, 10:10 PM

They have to make money somehow though. But, Obama should bring back the advertising regulation laws.

ThePlague
March 31st, 2009, 12:10 AM
I remember I was watching Ben 10 Alien Force on-line on cartoonnetworks website, and the ad was a penis enlargement ad. I lol'd at the stupidity.

DrunkenSamus
March 31st, 2009, 12:18 AM
Avatar was aimed at little kids, Danny Phantom targeted young teen audiences...

Danny Phantom had its moments, even in dialogue. Avatar, however...was similar to an anal bead belonging to a dragon.

Bodzilla
March 31st, 2009, 12:30 AM
They had the creators of some super hero show that featured a meat patty, chips and a shake as the main characters on JJJ (australian youth radio station) this morning.

seemed pretty coo.

jngrow
March 31st, 2009, 12:42 AM
They had the creators of some super hero show that featured a meat patty, chips and a shake as the main characters on JJJ (australian youth radio station) this morning.

seemed pretty coo.
.... Do you mean Aqua Teen Hunger Force?

Bodzilla
March 31st, 2009, 12:44 AM
i think so.

ThePlague
March 31st, 2009, 08:58 AM
ATHF was an awesome cartoon, I used to watch it all the time on Adult Swim. Whatever happened to it?

ICEE
March 31st, 2009, 10:19 AM
Its still playing. They make new ones once every blue moon.

Varmint260
March 31st, 2009, 10:33 AM
I haven't watched a significant amount of cartoons in YEARS. I'm still a sucker for the classics like Rocky & Bullwinkle, though. Seems like most cartoons these days have a fraction of the wit and a fraction of the effort was put into them. Actually, I have a DVD collection somewhere consisting of Superman, Popeye, Casper and Woody Woodpecker, and a few other oldies.

The only TV I've watched recently was BattleStar Galactica and some reruns of Stargate SG-1. Mostly, I download said series onto my computer, as well as sitcoms from the 70s and 80s (Barney Miller, Night Court, WKRP in Cincinnati, etc).

Advancebo
March 31st, 2009, 04:01 PM

seemed pretty coo.

Its not chips, they're fries.

p0lar_bear
March 31st, 2009, 04:08 PM
Its not chips, they're fries.

"Chips" is the British and Australian term for fries.

Hence "fish and chips."

:colbert:

t3h m00kz
April 2nd, 2009, 05:38 PM
Ironically I was looking at the wiki for Aqua Teen earlier, they just started Season 6 like 3 days ago or something and they're planning on making a second movie.

On another note it's a shame the voice actor for Captain Murphy on Sealab 2021 died, that show could have lasted so much longer... :( Sealab and Aqua Teen were my two favorites.

Heathen
April 2nd, 2009, 06:08 PM
http://thm-a01.yimg.com/image/785acd363a6b9b78 (http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9G_bDmmRdVJvGMAG0aJzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTBxZmRuYmd uBHBvcwM5BHNlYwNzcgR2dGlkA0kxMDdfMTI4/SIG=1i3hqogl7/EXP=1238800166/**http%3A//images.search.yahoo.com/images/view%3Fback=http%253A%252F%252Fimages.search.yahoo .com%252Fsearch%252Fimages%253F%2526p%253Dcaptain% 252Bmurphy%252Bsealab%2526rs%253D0%2526fr%253Dflo2 %2526fr2%253Dtab-web%26w=200%26h=200%26imgurl=formekiss.tripod.com% 252Fsitebuildercontent%252Fsitebuilderpictures%252 Fsealab.jpg%26rurl=http%253A%252F%252Fwww.inthemix .com.au%252Fforum%252Fshowthread.php%253Ft%253D148 505%26size=10.3kB%26name=sealab.jpg%26p=captain%2B murphy%2Bsealab%26oid=785acd363a6b9b78%26no=9%26tt =33%26sigr=11omb727r%26sigi=126dl9k0a%26sigb=12u5d ojuj)

No shit?

Damn...that WAS a great show.
Wasn't that the voice of spaceghost?

E:
Also mookz, thats not ironic, its coincidental.

Con
April 6th, 2009, 10:21 AM
http://www.homiesonfire.com/bravo/JohnnyBravo19.gif

CabooseJr
April 6th, 2009, 02:20 PM
Johnny Bravo was awesome back in the day.

Corndogman
April 6th, 2009, 02:57 PM
Why watch a mediocre americanized knockoff of anime when you can torrent LEGITIMATELY BUY the real thing

Well I don't watch any anime at all, and I really don't want to. So I guess if I don't know what I'm missing I wont think the mediocre version is so bad.

n00b1n8R
April 6th, 2009, 05:02 PM
http://www.homiesonfire.com/bravo/JohnnyBravo19.gif
http://cyberlizard.com/uploaded_images/samurai-jack-721263.jpg

LlamaMaster
April 6th, 2009, 07:42 PM
Well I don't watch any anime at all, and I really don't want to. So I guess if I don't know what I'm missing I wont think the mediocre version is so bad.
Yeah, once you see the good stuff everything else just seems like garbage.

RobertGraham
April 6th, 2009, 07:43 PM
http://fc41.deviantart.com/fs41/f/2009/048/d/c/Those_Stupid_Dogs_by_Johnnymac25.png
Best... Show... Ever...

Warsaw
April 6th, 2009, 08:28 PM
http://cyberlizard.com/uploaded_images/samurai-jack-721263.jpg

AAAAAKKKUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Greatest cartoon ever.

Heathen
April 6th, 2009, 08:52 PM
AAAAAKKKUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Greatest cartoon ever.
You ain't a liah.

CabooseJr
April 7th, 2009, 05:29 AM
I want more episodes.
http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/1565/67320383.png

n00b1n8R
April 7th, 2009, 06:50 AM
http://mag.awn.com/issue11.03/11.03images/strike07_CourageTheCowardly.jpg
You have to be 10 and watch it at 10:30 on your own with the lights off to get the full effect.

thehoodedsmack
April 7th, 2009, 07:23 AM
You have to be 10 and watch it at 10:30 on your own with the lights off to get the full effect.

Dude. Freaky-ass 3D mummy. O_O Shit was intense.

ExAm
April 7th, 2009, 03:53 PM
I was completely sketched out when I saw the one where Eustace stole an artifact from a burial site and this giant god cursed their house or something. It was years ago I don't even know D:
Anyway the giant dude with the squiggly hair gave me nightmares.

thehoodedsmack
April 7th, 2009, 03:56 PM
I was completely sketched out when I saw the one where Eustace stole an artifact from a burial site and this giant god cursed their house or something. It was years ago I don't even know D:
Anyway the giant dude with the squiggly hair gave me nightmares.

THAT'S THE ONE!!! RAMSES! THAT MOTHERFUCKER'S GONNA BE IN MY HEAD 'TILL THE DAY I DIE!!! D:>

E: SONUVABITCH!!!
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f141/thehoodedsmack/ramses.jpg

n00b1n8R
April 7th, 2009, 04:05 PM
http://www.cartoon-secrets.com/Photos/Dexters-Lab.gif

ExAm
April 7th, 2009, 05:52 PM
THAT'S THE ONE!!! RAMSES! THAT MOTHERFUCKER'S GONNA BE IN MY HEAD 'TILL THE DAY I DIE!!! D:>

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f141/thehoodedsmack/ramses.jpg
GAHHHH GET IT AWAY

ultama121
April 7th, 2009, 05:59 PM
Stop making us Reminisce about the good days. :(

*horrible picture*
Oh I fucking hate tha-- THE MAN WITH THE GAUZE, THE MAN WITH THE GAUZE RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMSES (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhR-HPDKYkc&fmt=18)

jngrow
April 7th, 2009, 06:00 PM
GAHHHH GET IT AWAY
FUCKING FUCK SHIT ARGH DAMNIT NIGHTMARES FUCK.

RETURN MY SANITY MOTHERFUCKER, I COULD CARE LESS ABOUT THE FUCKING SLAB.

CabooseJr
April 7th, 2009, 06:25 PM
I'm not in my happy place anymore.