PDA

View Full Version : rec0's Devicator Crashing Problems

Syuusuke
April 12th, 2009, 06:28 PM
Hi, I'm running 1.08

Any reason why it would crash upon player joining the server?

[Detached from its parent thread: Mommy and Daddy] (http://www.modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14731)

Cortexian
April 12th, 2009, 06:49 PM
Are you using the 1.07 app? It crashes when new players/admins join because it can't output text.

Syuusuke
April 12th, 2009, 07:05 PM
I'm using the one that says "Download here" in the original post.

StankBacon
April 12th, 2009, 08:58 PM
Hi, I'm running 1.08

Any reason why it would crash upon player joining the server?

if the map uses sv_say it will crash.

Syuusuke
April 12th, 2009, 09:27 PM
Don't think bloodgulch uses sv_say.

StankBacon
April 12th, 2009, 10:02 PM
then you fucked something up :p

Cortexian
April 12th, 2009, 10:21 PM
Did it ever work before? Sounds like you just broke something.

Or you're using another app that makes use of the "sv_say" command. You need to use the following format for "**SERVER**" messages:

say * "Hello world!"

Syuusuke
April 12th, 2009, 10:34 PM
I hate breaking things.

Let's see...

"load" was inputted in the init.txt for spy SAPPin my sentry

Hexed the _extended app accordingly (probably where it screwed up, I'll use the original one to check).

mdb file was "edited" w/ 3rd party technology to give me the powah (and make bacon take a showah).

Que else...should I have done (btw I dont think i listd everything I should've done, but chances are I already did)

flyingmonkey3
April 12th, 2009, 10:58 PM
Hmm I get an error when I run the app. It says:

Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.
Process id=0xfb8 (4024), thread id=0x854 (2132).

Is there any way to fix this?

FluffyDucky™
April 12th, 2009, 11:08 PM
Does it fuck up because of the players name? Sometimes a hacked name with crazy characters can fuck with the app. Otherwise.. the only thing I can think of is that the SAPP was not installed properly. The APP will automatically crash the server if the SAPP is not in the directory. Maybe try and re up the SAPP files (in case they are corrupted or something)?

D:

flyingmonkey3
April 12th, 2009, 11:29 PM
The thing is, the app crashes but the server remains up. Also, the app crashes right when I try to start it up with the server.

I've followed all the directions and copied the "_d" folder, the "sapp" folder, haloceded.exe, and haloceded_extended.exe into the Halo CE install directory but didn't copy over the strings.dll and strings__.dll files because I was told not to for a home dedi.

Oh and the app console says:

Maps loaded, Devicating...
Attempt to close data reader failed
DB Query: "select * from maps"
DB Query: "select * from expressions"

StankBacon
April 13th, 2009, 01:42 AM
hmm, the app gets that far and then crashes?

perhaps try updating your .NET framework?

FluffyDucky™
April 13th, 2009, 01:45 AM
What? I'm sure you still copy the strings_.dll ? I have it in my folder....

Cortexian
April 13th, 2009, 02:19 AM
Hmm I get an error when I run the app. It says:

Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.
Process id=0xfb8 (4024), thread id=0x854 (2132).

Is there any way to fix this?
This happens every now and then on my home zombies dedi when the server is restarting. I just close down the server and wait for the app to close, then restart it again.

What? I'm sure you still copy the strings_.dll ? I have it in my folder....

if you want to run this on a home dedi, do NOT use the strings.dll files in this release, those files are only for gameservers/paid dedis, and will corrupt your halo ce install if you use them.
Ducky, read better.

1ndistinkt
April 13th, 2009, 06:52 AM
okay okay...im plannin on updating my halo..i will ask my clan to do the same...i still have 1.00 because i manually disabled update so that i can play on the other servers....but how do i go about the hex editing....it says "self explanatory" but i have no idea what he means by the pic....anyone help plz!!

flyingmonkey3
April 13th, 2009, 04:02 PM
hmm, the app gets that far and then crashes?

perhaps try updating your .NET framework?

Yes it appears that the crash happens when the app is accessing the _d.mdb file. I will try updating .NET and see if it helps...

1ndistinkt
April 13th, 2009, 04:03 PM
i need a STEP BY Step setup guide...plz dnt say "self explanatory" tell me every single detail f how to do the hex ediitng, the admin management, and everything else

jcap
April 13th, 2009, 04:22 PM
Well he said he used a third party app to "edit" it. Is there a chance it could have changed the file in some small way that the app doesn't like it? Would it work if it was just done with Access?

Sel
April 13th, 2009, 04:25 PM
i need a STEP BY Step setup guide...plz dnt say "self explanatory" tell me every single detail f how to do the hex ediitng, the admin management, and everything else

Can you please make use of spell check, and capitalize your words where necessary? As your posts stand now they are very painful to read.

1ndistinkt
April 13th, 2009, 04:30 PM
i just need a step-by-step guide on setting up this application...please help me and i need every single detail cleared up...

flyingmonkey3
April 13th, 2009, 05:00 PM
i just need a step-by-step guide on setting up this application...please help me and i need every single detail cleared up...

1. Download rec0's server app for 1.08 here (http://www.hivclan.net/stuff/rec0_release.rar).

2. Download Tiny Hexer here (http://www.softpedia.com/get/Others/Miscellaneous/tiny-hexer.shtml) and install it.

3. Open "haloceded_extended.exe" using Tiny Hexer.

4. Scroll down and look at rows 0xE140 to 0xE1B0. Refer to this picture (http://www.hivclan.net/hivshack/viewer.php?file=wf1jz2jlywf1u45zsnz.png) and make the changes by highlighting each different character and typing in the new one. DO NOT backspace or delete the characters. Simply highlight and type over the old ones to replace them.

5. Do the same for rows 0xE2E0 to 0xE2F0 and row 0xE320.

6. Save and close Tiny Hexer.

7. Open the _d folder and open the _d.mdb file inside using Microsoft Access.

8. Click on the "players" tab and another window will pop up with something similar to this picture (http://www.hivclan.net/hivshack/images/46i11ojnfzrxomo3g27.jpg).

9. In the "names" column, replace the name in the first row with your own name. In the "cdkey" column, replace the cdkey hash in the first row with your own cdkey hash. In the "ips" column delete the number in the first row and leave it blank. Leave the "admin" column alone.

10. Save and close Microsoft Access.

11. Go to your Halo Custom Edition install directory. That will be something like this if you installed Halo CE normally: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition"

12. IF YOU ALREADY HAVE A DEDICATED SERVER, create a folder and name it "Server Backup". Copy and paste the original "haloceded.exe" to that new folder.

13. IF RUNNING A HOME DEDI: Copy the "_d" folder, the "sapp" folder, "haloceded.exe", "haloceded_extended.exe", and "sapp.dll" from rec0's server app and paste them in your Halo CE install directory. If a window pops up about overwriting existing files, chose yes.

14. Find the "init.txt" file in your Halo CE install directory. If you do not already have one, create one and refer to this (http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?nid=323).

15. Open the "init.txt" file and look for the line that says "sv_mapcycle_add". Create three new lines above that. In the first new line type "sv_log_enabled 1".
In the second new line type "sv_log_file "serverlog"". In the third new line type "sv_log_start". Scroll down and look at the last line, which should say "sv_mapcycle_begin". Create a new line under that and type in "load". Save and close "init.txt".

16. To run rec0's server app, simply run "haloceded.exe" first, and then immediately after, run "haloceded_extended.exe".

That is all.

*Edit*
Logfile added to tut at step 15.

jcap
April 13th, 2009, 05:07 PM
17. And then go back to killing CE by playing on an outdated version of the game instead of the REAL 1.08 release.

Stay on 1.08. It has fewer issues and there's going to be some interesting exclusive things coming for it in the future. It's smaller than 1.00, but they need to switch as well. If you can convince them to move over and play using the native 1.08 patch and exe (it requires no cd anyway...), then we can hopefully bring the two communities back together again instead of being segregated.

StankBacon
April 13th, 2009, 05:07 PM
^

very nice, thank you... i didn't feel like typing all that :p

-edit- responding to flyingmonkey3

flyingmonkey3
April 13th, 2009, 05:15 PM
I just reinstalled .NET x35 SP1 and still have the application exception error.

The haloceded_extended.exe console still displays the same thing:
Maps loaded, Devicating...
DB Query: "Select * from maps"
DB Query: "Select * from expressions"

This time application exception seems to have changed a little:
Process id=0x16a8 (5800), Thread id=0x149c (5276).

Maybe there is something wrong with my _d.mdb file? I noticed that whenever you access and modify the file, a new file pops up called "_d.ldb". Usually it goes away after you save and close, but it stays there after the app crashes.

Neuro Guro
April 13th, 2009, 05:16 PM
Interesting.

1ndistinkt
April 13th, 2009, 05:43 PM
thank you so much for the explanation....i did not know that we had to IMMEDIATELY launch haloceded_extended i guess thats y it didnt work....another problem i have is HEX EDITING i do not understand what to change the characters in the picture to...im guesing theserver name...but if my server has a different name and i change it, do i leave spaces? i dont understand the concept of hex editing....one last problem...when i start the app i get: Maps loaded, Devicating...
and if i try to go INTO the server it loses connection and it crashes....i have NET framework 3.0.....how can i fix this?

flyingmonkey3
April 13th, 2009, 05:45 PM
Could my problem have anything to do with the fact that I have Vista? Maybe if someone feels comfortable with it they could send me their "_d.mdb" file and "haloceded_extended.exe" file and I could try the app using them. If it crashes again then it has to be a problem with my computer.

*Edit*
^ Ah 1ndistinkt you have the same problem I have. Try updating to .NET 3.5, although it didn't help me much. Or maybe there is a newer .NET version?

jcap
April 13th, 2009, 06:01 PM
thank you so much for the explanation....i did not know that we had to IMMEDIATELY launch haloceded_extended i guess thats y it didnt work....another problem i have is HEX EDITING i do not understand what to change the characters in the picture to...im guesing theserver name...but if my server has a different name and i change it, do i leave spaces? i dont understand the concept of hex editing....one last problem...when i start the app i get: Maps loaded, Devicating...
and if i try to go INTO the server it loses connection and it crashes....i have NET framework 3.0.....how can i fix this?
If you don't like hex editing, you really don't have to do it. It's only for /stunts and /restore commands. After you run those, the server name will change to the default one in the app, but you can just do an sv_name "NEW SERVER NAME" and change it after you run either of those commands.

And PLEASE clean up your grammar. We'll help, but not if we have to struggle trying to decipher what you want to say.

Syuusuke
April 13th, 2009, 06:03 PM
You know my gets stuck after DB query: "select * from players where cdkey = '<this key>'"

And then it crashes when I joined...

but when I switched to the older mdb file it didnt crash.

So its crashing when I, the admin join.
That's an error for SAPP?

1ndistinkt
April 13th, 2009, 06:22 PM
i still have the same problem, i start the server and start the haloce_extended and it says "attempt to close data reader failed" and it says DB Query: Select * from expressions and select * from maps...also it crashes when I (the admin) join this server...i dont understand

jcap
April 13th, 2009, 06:26 PM
Can you all upload and post your databases here?

1ndistinkt
April 13th, 2009, 06:31 PM
kk...how?? in what form?

Sel
April 13th, 2009, 06:36 PM
You know my gets stuck after DB query: "select * from players where cdkey = '<this key>'"

And then it crashes when I joined...

but when I switched to the older mdb file it didnt crash.

So its crashing when I, the admin join.
That's an error for SAPP?

Back during the summer when me and rhom were figuring out the app we had an issue where the server would crash on join almost all the time. We just had to keep restarting it until it loaded properly.

flyingmonkey3
April 13th, 2009, 06:42 PM
OK I downloaded the app and tried it again and still got the same error, only now it goes on to say:

Unhandled Exception: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at DevicatorServer.LogFileMonitor.Update<>
at DevicatorServer.LogFileMonitor.FrequentUpdate<>

At first it mentioned something about a nonexistent file named "haloserver.log" in "Documents\My Games\Halo CE", so I went ahead and made one there but am still stuck.

_d.mdb (http://files.filefront.com/dmdb/;13595648;/fileinfo.html)
haloceded_extended.exe (http://files.filefront.com/haloceded+extendedexe/;13595650;/fileinfo.html)

Image of problem:
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn132/FlyingMonkey3/rec0error2.jpg

StankBacon
April 13th, 2009, 06:52 PM
very strange...

i just downloaded the release file and extracted evrything to my CE folder (except the 2 strings files) and ran my dedi and app, and they both started up just fine, as you can see by the screenshot below...

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/4206/appworking.jpg
^lol you can see my h4x

one very important thing i forgot to mention in the instructions..

you MUST have logs enabled in your init.txt

sv_log_file log
sv_log_enabled 1
sv_log_start

place that in your init before the mapcycle.

-edit--

i just tried to join the server with my brothers computer (not admin) and it crashed on join..... wtf.

jcap
April 13th, 2009, 06:56 PM
flyingmonkey:

First, put sv_log_file "serverlog" in your init.

Second, if that doesn't fix anything (after two runs), download the database from the link below and overwrite yours.

http://jcap.h2vista.net/files/halo/devicator/flyinmonkey/_d.mdb

And you are running with admin rights, correct?

flyingmonkey3
April 13th, 2009, 07:08 PM
Yes. But I will have to check on this a little later because I have to leave for now...

supersniper
April 13th, 2009, 07:12 PM
well... i kinda deleted my init.txt so yeah i'll try and help you out once i fix up my server again.

Syuusuke
April 13th, 2009, 07:56 PM
After its been devicated I get this little extra thing.

DB Query: "select * from players where cdkey = '<haskey here>'"

Which is my key.

And I also see a "Attempt to close data reader failed" after it says Maps loaded. Devicating.

I'm assuming the ldb file failed to delete itself.

That might be the problem...

F: That's not the problem, nevermind.

StankBacon
April 13th, 2009, 08:20 PM
it always says the data reader failed or whatever.

Cortexian
April 13th, 2009, 08:24 PM
Making a video tutorial on installation for this. Because you're all nubs.

StankBacon
April 13th, 2009, 08:26 PM
Making a video tutorial on installation for this. Because you're all nubs.

that's useless, we know how to set it up... something else is at play here.

-edit-

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/4206/appworking.jpg

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/4206/appworking.jpg

dunno what i did, but its working now LOL

Cortexian
April 13th, 2009, 09:25 PM
that's useless, we know how to set it up... something else is at play here.
Some people don't, also I like how all you can see is "Win" from Windows, like you have been successful. Was that intentional?

I'm making the video anyways, it's rendering.

Also, I just did a fresh install following the release thread instructions and it worked flawlessly.

StankBacon
April 13th, 2009, 09:29 PM
Some people don't, also I like how all you can see is "Win" from Windows, like you have been successful. Was that intentional?

heh, didn't even notice that.

1ndistinkt
April 13th, 2009, 09:37 PM
ok i did everything...i did not edit the extnded file because i will not use the /stunts command or the /restore command...i edited the database and added my halo name and my cd key HASH...but last time i did that when i entered the server the connection was lost and the server crashed...i have .net 3.5 and halo 1.08 where is this video you are making freelancer?

StankBacon
April 13th, 2009, 09:52 PM
what are you using to edit the database?

since you didn't hex haloceded_extended, why don't you try to join your server now....

1ndistinkt
April 13th, 2009, 10:06 PM
ok everything is set thank you for all of your help...now what i need is a detailed list of how each command is written...i see all the great commands but i dont know what to put for pexpression..im guessing its like player number in SAPP which is sv_players but i dont understand those commands fully... btw im was using tiny hexer to hex edit and i was using MDB viewer to database edit.

StankBacon
April 13th, 2009, 10:12 PM
pexpression is the players name or shortcut

stankbacon for example, you could do /spd st* 2 or /spd *bac* 2

you use /sc to create shortcuts..

like /sc stankbacon sb or /sc stank* b

then once you have a shortcut, you can do

/spd b 3

its all detailed here http://www.hivclan.net/rec0sapp.htm

flyingmonkey3
April 13th, 2009, 10:23 PM
OK I got the app to work. It seems I was just missing the logfile. You guys might want to make some mention of that on the main forum for this app.

StankBacon
April 13th, 2009, 10:27 PM
yah i didn't even think of it till now..

added to instructions post.

flyingmonkey3
April 13th, 2009, 10:34 PM
Lol funny how it boils down to something as simple as a logfile. Anyway that will make one more server that uses this app though I won't be hosting that often as I'm pretty much preoccupied with school for now. But once IG gets their Brainz app all fixed up, I'll try hosting zombies without having the server crash once every hour. =)

Cortexian
April 13th, 2009, 10:45 PM
where is this video you are making freelancer?
It's coming, I just broke it's rendering process by telling it to do full frames (uncompressed) though. I don't think any of you want to download a 221GB video for this though, so I'm re-rendering it...

221GB =/= 17:00 minutes, lulz.

flyingmonkey3
April 13th, 2009, 10:50 PM
I forgot to mention: Thanks for all the help! And maybe that video tut Lancer is making should be bundled in with the app download over at halomaps.

1ndistinkt
April 14th, 2009, 03:38 PM
this app is great and its working...but i want to know about the teleport command....i searched the databse and i saw ALOT of locations to teleport to...but i wonder if there is a list of locations built into the app that can be viewed with a command...like the regular sapp.dll had a t list command that showed all the locations and what name to refer to them by. this app dosnt show that and i would like to use the teleport feature.

Syuusuke
April 14th, 2009, 03:40 PM
I think the only way is to look at the mdb and explore each location.

Mine's still crapping up =/

p0lar_bear
April 14th, 2009, 03:54 PM
this app is great and its working...but i want to know about the teleport command....i searched the databse and i saw ALOT of locations to teleport to...but i wonder if there is a list of locations built into the app that can be viewed with a command...like the regular sapp.dll had a t list command that showed all the locations and what name to refer to them by. this app dosnt show that and i would like to use the teleport feature.

/t <player> <location name or XYZ vector>

You can set your own teleport locations by using

/st <player> <location name>

StankBacon
April 14th, 2009, 04:37 PM
all the locations in the database weren't "built in" they were added by various admins on other servers.

if the app were to list all of them, even for a single map, it would take forever and spam the chat area for some time.

if you really want a list for a specific map your best bet is to just open the database and print it out lol.

1ndistinkt
April 14th, 2009, 04:47 PM
i know the locations i want i just dont know how to type them in....i mean... if the map is bloodgulch do i do bloodgulch_highrock or sidewinder_redbase?

StankBacon
April 14th, 2009, 05:31 PM
/t 1ndistinkt highrock

/t 1ndistinkt blueflag

like that

jcap
April 14th, 2009, 05:33 PM
In other words, you can have two shortcuts named the same on two different maps, but the app will observe the map you are on and teleport you to the correct coordinates.

STLRamsFan
April 14th, 2009, 07:27 PM
I've copied my entire shortcut list to word a few times and it really helped out a lot. Got 1600 shortcuts so yea Haha. If anyone wants them I'll be more than happy to post them.

-via blackberry

Cortexian
April 14th, 2009, 07:52 PM
Also, no setup video is being produced, I've run into to many snags for it to be worthwhile. Server only working 50% of the time even though it's all setup right, recording programs not working correctly, ect... Just read the tutorial that was posted here, it covers everything.

supersniper
April 14th, 2009, 08:03 PM
looks like the pro got noobed! lol

but yeah... i remember hex editing everything right and loaded sapp and still it crashed a lot... sometimes for no reason what so ever.

so i'm just waiting on abyll.

Cortexian
April 14th, 2009, 08:52 PM
Yea, I did everything like... 5 times before I started recording and it worked all but once. Then when I started recording (fresh Halo CE install and all) the server would crash on player join, app wouldn't start, Tiny Hexer decided to freeze up... I think it's a W7 issue tbh.

Syuusuke
April 14th, 2009, 09:36 PM
Try not hexing it?

I mean all you need to hex it for is the names and tags to ban them from.

StankBacon
April 14th, 2009, 10:03 PM
I think it's a W7 issue tbh.

nah it did the same shit on vista and xp, running on home dedi is very hit or miss for some reason.

Cortexian
April 14th, 2009, 11:45 PM
Try not hexing it?

I mean all you need to hex it for is the names and tags to ban them from.
I know, the demo video I was making included launching the server with the app pre-hex to make sure it was working. This is were it crashed usually. I was able to get the server running most of the time once I hexed it, but then it would usually crash on player join... :gonk:

nah it did the same shit on vista and xp, running on home dedi is very hit or miss for some reason.
This is what I figured, but for some reason it's ALWAYS worked for me on XP as long as I hex properly. I may still do a tutorial, but not for awhile, I spent almost 2 days trying to record/edit/render/fail/setup/troubleshoot for this so I give up for now.

Might make a picture tutorial in the meantime.

p0lar_bear
April 15th, 2009, 12:33 AM
Long story short kids, use at your own risk. Rec0 never had the time to perfect and stabilize it for private use, and was long gone from the CE scene when v1.08 came out.

FluffyDucky™
April 15th, 2009, 01:55 AM
IT has always been stable for me up until now. Me and bacon are experiencing major PROBLEMS trying to run the app on home dedi. For me, other people can join, but as soon as an admin joins the server (by that I mean app admin, saved in database) it crashes. We have concluded that for home use, the database is fucked up and currently trying to figure it out. As for paid dedi's, there really should be no problem.

Mustang
April 15th, 2009, 04:51 AM
Alright then, im curious, i got it running on my paid dedi, but i dont really understand, whats the point of hexing it? i mean, in theory it would kick anyone with [hiv] tags, and i'd like to adapt that to my own clan tag, but other then that, whats the point?

the server name stuff? that doesnt seem to affect anything...

sorry if i sound like a noob, but if it counts for anything, i managed all of this without rooks help, even though i owe him big for letting me in on the actual app :P

StankBacon
April 15th, 2009, 07:06 AM
the only point in hexing is the server name and clan tag... its not really needed.

flyingmonkey3
April 15th, 2009, 04:11 PM
I know, the demo video I was making included launching the server with the app pre-hex to make sure it was working. This is were it crashed usually. I was able to get the server running most of the time once I hexed it, but then it would usually crash on player join... :gonk:

This is what I figured, but for some reason it's ALWAYS worked for me on XP as long as I hex properly. I may still do a tutorial, but not for awhile, I spent almost 2 days trying to record/edit/render/fail/setup/troubleshoot for this so I give up for now.

Might make a picture tutorial in the meantime.

I'll try to make a screen tut this weekend and maybe a video tut asap.

Cortexian
April 15th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Alright then, im curious, i got it running on my paid dedi, but i dont really understand, whats the point of hexing it? i mean, in theory it would kick anyone with [hiv] tags, and i'd like to adapt that to my own clan tag, but other then that, whats the point?

the server name stuff? that doesnt seem to affect anything...

sorry if i sound like a noob, but if it counts for anything, i managed all of this without rooks help, even though i owe him big for letting me in on the actual app :P
If you use the "/stunts" command with the provided files it will change your server name to "HCEL Server - STUNTS!". The "/restore" command will rename the server to "HCEL Server - www.someurl.com"... If you're not going to be using the "/stunts" or "/restore" commands, don't worry about them.

the only point in hexing is the server name and clan tag... its not really needed.
You can also change all of the messages that Rec0's app "outputs" through **SERVER** broadcast. For example, you can change "_____ is now lagging like a bitch!" to "_____ is now lagging out!".

Ect...

Also, I'm making a "repack" of the release that has some files named properly ('admins.txt' =/= 'users.txt'). It also gets rid of the disgusting modifications that Pat made to the Halo Console text (ex: '[HIV] Dedicated Server Running', and '###Server made by Rec0 - Updated by Patrickssj6###.') and replaces the "Halo Console" text with "Rec0 Console".

StankBacon
April 16th, 2009, 01:21 AM
yay for useless things.

Cortexian
April 16th, 2009, 01:54 AM
yay for useless better things.
ftfy.

StankBacon
April 16th, 2009, 01:59 AM
fail.

FluffyDucky™
April 16th, 2009, 03:42 AM
Lmao, it doesn't even work properly anymore, whats the poing? :(

Cortexian
April 16th, 2009, 03:52 AM
Lmao, it doesn't even work properly anymore, whats the poing? :(
works for me, repack should be up tomorrow.

FluffyDucky™
April 16th, 2009, 06:12 AM
Lol typo. I'll try with your files and see if it works.

supersniper
April 16th, 2009, 06:18 PM
yeah i'll try the repack.
but personally I might just go with abyll's cuz i like him better :p

Cortexian
April 16th, 2009, 06:24 PM
Here's the repack files... Still working on an updated tutorial, still toying with a video tutorial...

Download Freelancer's Rec0-Repack (http://rapidshare.com/files/222233921/rec0_release_fresh.rar.html)

supersniper
April 16th, 2009, 06:54 PM
is that for home dedi's or both combined?
(lol only difference is the string files)

alright i'll try it out. (must reinstall tiny hex editor)

Cortexian
April 16th, 2009, 07:38 PM
is that for home dedi's or both combined?
(lol only difference is the string files)

alright i'll try it out. (must reinstall tiny hex editor)
It has both.

Syuusuke
April 16th, 2009, 08:52 PM
Oh come on, rapidshare?

Gonna try this out, although I doubt it'll fix the app.

Lol funny how it boils down to something as simple as a logfile. Anyway that will make one more server that uses this app though I won't be hosting that often as I'm pretty much preoccupied with school for now. But once IG gets their Brainz app all fixed up, I'll try hosting zombies without having the server crash once every hour. =)

So adding the 3 log commands worked for you?

I'm having the same problem as you did and that didn't seem to work.

FluffyDucky™
April 16th, 2009, 09:06 PM
Lmao epic fail, still crashes for me.

Cortexian
April 16th, 2009, 09:37 PM
Lmao epic fail, still crashes for me.
Then you're doing something wrong, as it works fine here.

Syuusuke
April 16th, 2009, 10:35 PM
Ducky something is definitely wrong with your setup...

You're probably missing a .net framework version? Or you've got something impeding its use...

flyingmonkey3
April 16th, 2009, 11:22 PM
Hmm try redownloading the app and trying again. Or try lancer's app. What does the app console say when the error happens? Does it mention anything about an out of range exception?

Syuusuke
April 17th, 2009, 11:55 AM
No, its the part where it crashes after it reads data from expressions table.

You know after careful review of the _d.mdb file...

Nah that didn't help.

flyingmonkey3
April 17th, 2009, 03:43 PM
Hmm yeah there's definitely something weird going on. What happened to me was I downloaded the app again in case I had corrupted the files. I decided to try pasting the files without modifying them directly into my Halo CE directory. Then when I ran it the app actually got past reading the database file and instead started crashing because it couldn't find a log file, so I added those three logfile lines in my init.txt and it worked. After that I edited the app files I had just downloaded and used those to overwrite the default ones that I had previously pasted into the Halo CE directory.

Syuusuke
April 17th, 2009, 03:47 PM
Btw I don't think theres such a command called sv_log_Start (looking at your little detailed step-by-step explanation).

flyingmonkey3
April 17th, 2009, 03:51 PM
one very important thing i forgot to mention in the instructions..

you MUST have logs enabled in your init.txt

sv_log_file log
sv_log_enabled 1
sv_log_start

place that in your init before the mapcycle.

According to Bacon there is. Ask him if you're still not sure.

And the video tut is coming. I'm in the process of making it right now.

jcap
April 17th, 2009, 04:37 PM
There really is no need for it. When I modified the readme earlier today, I made tested it with and without "sv_log_file log" and "sv_log_start" and it still worked. All you need is "sv_log_enabled 1" and the server will default to haloserver.log.

flyingmonkey3
April 17th, 2009, 04:52 PM
OK I will make note of this in my video tut. Like Lancer I have come across problems too... Funny how they happen at such convenient times.

Cortexian
April 17th, 2009, 09:19 PM
All you need in your init.txt is "sv_log_enabled 1" and "sv_log_echo_chat 1". I'm not even sure if the chat echo is required... "sv_log_start" isn't even a real command.

StankBacon
April 17th, 2009, 09:29 PM
echo chat isn't necessary, all it does is show the chat in the server cmd window.

flyingmonkey3
April 17th, 2009, 09:38 PM
Right you guys are. The video tut is now uploaded after a brief audio dispute on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7eYY6mJqbQ&fmt=22

Cortexian
April 20th, 2009, 06:52 PM
You didn't narrate it... That's no better than the written tutorial, gah.

I'll do one on Windows XP just wait.

flyingmonkey3
April 20th, 2009, 07:57 PM
Go ahead lol. Sorry for the lack of narration, but I lack a mic. Well if I really wanted to I could use a computer voice or something, but since you're making one, I'll leave that to you.

StankBacon
April 20th, 2009, 09:01 PM
*looks at sig*

anyone here good at coding?

Cortexian
April 20th, 2009, 10:53 PM
*looks at sig*

Now the question is if that's actually the source and you changed the output names through there. Or if you just hexed the output text...

Heh.

Also, talk to Abyll.

InnerGoat
April 20th, 2009, 11:57 PM
Looks like the source to me

:o

StankBacon
April 21st, 2009, 01:09 AM
source, i changed the code and recompiled, no hexing.

also added a icon (hiv forums favicon ftw) and some other random info.... also changed the version # lol

http://www.hivclan.net/hivshack/images/q6uugucewtumsmjim81b.png

-edit-

Also, talk to Abyll.

id rather have termy work on it tbh, his implementation is far superior, and is painless to install and use... even on GS dedis.

Cortexian
April 21st, 2009, 02:31 AM
id rather have termy work on it tbh, his implementation is far superior, and is painless to install and use... even on GS dedis.
This is true, and in my opinion Termy's got more actual "programming" knowledge than Abyll. Abyll just works quickly.

NullZero
April 21st, 2009, 11:01 AM
They should really work together if not already :o

Aßyll
April 21st, 2009, 12:51 PM
This is true, and in my opinion Termy's got more actual "programming" knowledge than Abyll. Abyll just works quickly.
I'll be honest: that's probably absolutely true. I only started programming in c++ half a year ago in my first CS course, while Termy probably has been coding for a few years. But I really do program very quicky: it's my foremost passion.
But if all of us did get together to really put effort into this project, it could seriously turn into something awesome.

supersniper
April 21st, 2009, 05:20 PM
did you ask korn or pat or e3po?

Cortexian
April 22nd, 2009, 01:36 AM
did you ask korn or pat or e3po?
Korn might help a little, but very little as he's already stated. Pat is pretty much inactive. Dunno about E3P0.

Rook
April 22nd, 2009, 03:43 PM
*looks at sig*

HTML maybe? :giggle:

supersniper
April 22nd, 2009, 08:10 PM
Korn might help a little, but very little as he's already stated. Pat is pretty much inactive. Dunno about E3P0.
www.vivid-abstractions.com/forum (http://www.vivid-abstractions.com/forum)
Pat is very much alive.

but hmm maybe if bacon trusts e3po he should ask him.

jables
April 26th, 2009, 02:09 PM
does anyone know what cause this following problem?
someone will join a game, it will do the welcome [name] you are unique user ### then directly after, says the name again followed by many chinese lettering. and kicks around 10 people.

p0lar_bear
April 26th, 2009, 04:35 PM
Is this on any old user, or just a user who uses extended ASCII in their name>

jables
April 26th, 2009, 05:13 PM
well its only happened on an new player to the server. and at first i thought it was a character in a name. but a normal name popped in. Snow Wolf is how it was in game. so i thought maybe something else is cause it.

Limited
April 26th, 2009, 05:13 PM
does anyone know what cause this following problem?
someone will join a game, it will do the welcome [name] you are unique user ### then directly after, says the name again followed by many chinese lettering. and kicks around 10 people.
You mean, like this text?
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/3696/11052259.jpg

I'd show client side but I delete the picture =\.

Also dont give e3po shit, dont trust him at all.

Pats still in the game, just working slowly :)

If you guys are still having problems, give me a brief description I'll try to help.

jables
April 26th, 2009, 05:15 PM
yes sorta like that. but it will say the name again and lots of those across the screen. i only catch a glimpse of it, cause im always 1 of those who are kicked and it tells me game has been closed down. but 4 or 5 will always stay in game.

Limited
April 26th, 2009, 05:19 PM
yes sorta like that. but it will say the name again and lots of those across the screen. i only catch a glimpse of it, cause im always 1 of those who are kicked and it tells me game has been closed down. but 4 or 5 will always stay in game.
Does it literally kick you, as in message pops up saying "You have been kicked from the server", or do you just lose connection?

The chinese/japanese text is due to invalid text strings, the memory buffer is getting fucked over for some reason.

My guess is the halo client is getting disformed memory and the dedicated is crashing, thus you lose connection.

jables
April 26th, 2009, 05:24 PM
just says network connection lost. but im not sure exactly if its crashing. cause only certain people will get that problem.

Limited
April 26th, 2009, 05:28 PM
just says network connection lost. but im not sure exactly if its crashing. cause only certain people will get that problem.
Well it elminates the fact it kicks you. You either have bad timing and just lose connection to host due to internet issues.

Or something funky happens with the dedicated server and crashes/drops clients. I find it bizarre how not everyone gets dropped.

If you reload Halo straight away, is the server still up, or is it down?

jables
April 26th, 2009, 05:56 PM
server is still up. wish it logged the server messages when they join, then i would show you what its doing. only happened twice tho. so hope fully it wont happen again.

Limited
April 26th, 2009, 05:58 PM
Well the text thats displayed, has nothing to do with the handshake. Therefore its gotta be something to do with the app. Something to do with strings.

tythespy
May 2nd, 2009, 08:00 PM
what can i do if the sever crashes, whenever a game ends?
new junk replaced and hosted off my pc

Cortexian
May 3rd, 2009, 08:04 PM
Are you using the app to switch maps/skip to the next one? Those commands are very unstable and crash the server at least 50% of the time.

tythespy
May 8th, 2009, 07:52 PM
Are you using the app to switch maps/skip to the next one? Those commands are very unstable and crash the server at least 50% of the time.

no, it was on a mapcycle, but it stoped doing that now.
Any reason it doesn't do half the commands on sidewinder,danger cayon and yoyorast

Cortexian
May 9th, 2009, 04:02 PM
Your target needs two weapons for a lot of the commands to work, always remember that.

tythespy
May 10th, 2009, 12:47 PM
all the the gametype i have it set to,you start with 2 weapons.

Cortexian
May 10th, 2009, 07:46 PM
No idea then, probably just the app being screwy.

jables
May 16th, 2009, 01:26 PM
not sure if this counts as crashing but it is a problem/question, ok, saw something weird today, wanted to ask if this is built in, or if anyone can explain what this is, i was in the server, and im the only admin in there. but out of no where the server says "i am lagging =(" but no player has the name **SERVER** there were also other **SERVER** messages i did not execute. any idea if this is built in, or whats going on?

StankBacon
May 16th, 2009, 01:59 PM
an admin might have been "afk"

pretty sure when someone is set to afk they dont show up in the score board.

jables
May 16th, 2009, 03:39 PM
thing is i am the only one who has the rights on termys part of the app. :confused2:

Cortexian
May 17th, 2009, 12:17 AM
Home hosted server, the owner was probably using the console.

jables
May 17th, 2009, 09:57 AM
we are renting the server, so guessing this isnt a built in feature, lol. i wanna know how they got to use server messages, with my cd hash being the only one on the list.

jcap
May 17th, 2009, 10:44 AM
Just check the logs.

jables
May 17th, 2009, 12:48 PM
termys app commands dont show up on logs. and if the sv_say command crashes the app using rcon. im really sure it wasnt that

Cortexian
May 17th, 2009, 01:23 PM
termys app commands dont show up on logs. and if the sv_say command crashes the app using rcon. im really sure it wasnt that
You can still use RCON for the say command.... 'rcon password say * "mesage', lol.

jcap
May 17th, 2009, 01:38 PM
It will still log everything that passes through the console.

jables
May 17th, 2009, 02:09 PM
oh for some reason i thought it crashed it. not sure where lol. but i talked to all the admins no one was in there. i will look at logs then. and check admins on the database table.

supersniper
May 17th, 2009, 04:55 PM
um yeah to make termy's app commands show up in logs just type in \cmdstart / which will make all chat commands use the / button instead of the default \. But then on a side note it overrides all of rec0's commands... like /s 1 would override /spd ?? 1.

Syuusuke
May 17th, 2009, 05:00 PM
I'm sure rec0's would override sapp too because I think neither take priority, they just edit the same memory...

I think

supersniper
May 17th, 2009, 05:10 PM
yeah but I was thinking that because rec0's needs sapp to run that sapp would have more power... maybe logical thinking doesn't work when it's dealing with rec0's app.

StankBacon
May 17th, 2009, 09:51 PM
rec0 doesn't need sapp to run, the only reason i included it is so rec0 can "say" things..

rec0s app is 100% functional without sapp.

logs do not include sapp messages because its done in a different way.

and as for you seeing server messages, it must have been someone screwing aground with rcon...

jables
May 22nd, 2009, 02:35 PM
ok this is new, checked my config and its all right. but now sapp is kicking when i do /team yet i dont have coldsnap_ag enabled. where is this coming from?

Pelle
August 3rd, 2009, 08:11 AM
Hello,

iam new here and i have problems with the Server app from rec0.

First thing, i set the Server app for Home Server not for Gameservers because i just have a home Dedi server. I watched the Tutorial and i checked all things again that i made al right. I opened then the Rec0 console after it's all loaded i opened haloceded_extended.exe then i went into HaloCE. I Found my server then i joined it. Iam 1 Second in my Server and then the Game close the message "The game as closed down" comes and rec0 console and hceded extended console is closed too.

How can i fix this problem?? I need really help, i wanne really use it :(

Thanks for answers.

chrisk123999
August 3rd, 2009, 10:02 AM
The home dedi version of it is messed up. I have the same problem. Wait for someone else to join your dedi before you do.

Cortexian
August 3rd, 2009, 11:48 AM
The home dedi version and gameservers version are the same files, they always were. It just seems to work for some people and not others.

Pelle
August 4th, 2009, 04:00 PM
Hey guys.

So i tried it, i asked a friend if he can Join my Server. He said he dont find him. I See him but it shows No Ping. What can i do ?

P.S: if i open the HaloCEded.extended.exe it says one thing with : Close attempt reader failed or soemthing like this.

Any ideas?

Cortexian
August 4th, 2009, 04:49 PM
Sounds like you need Microsoft Framework or whatever. As for the 0 ping issue, that's usually just caused by network issues such as failure to forward the ports for the server.

I highly recommend that people get a normal dedicated server WORKING 100% before they try installing and using the Devicator.

Pelle
August 5th, 2009, 11:10 AM
I have NET Framework. And to the ports. That can be the problem. I'll try it out then i will post what happens. Thanks!

Cortexian
August 5th, 2009, 12:26 PM
If you need a guide on port forwarding, I highly recommend www.portforward.com! Scroll down, choose your router from the list, then choose the application you want to forward from the next list.

Pelle
August 5th, 2009, 02:22 PM
Hmm, i changed my Ports and opened it. I Watched on the Halo CE Site which ports have to be activated.

I tried again open my Server, i saw him now no ping there, but i can Join. The game don't close but the HaloCEded_extended.exe got an Problem and must be closed.

Why now that???

Cortexian
August 5th, 2009, 02:37 PM
That just seems to happen randomly. I don't think anyone knows what causes the random "This application has encountered an error and needs to close" bug. If you still can't see the ping there's still something wrong with the network somewhere, possibly the firewall?

Pelle
August 7th, 2009, 01:38 PM
I got it. No firewall. I Checked the ports again, it works now. But sometimes it close still if i join.

Abyss
August 11th, 2009, 10:16 AM
Yea, I still have the same problem j cap. Whenever I start the haloceded and launch halo ceded_extended I get a message that says
Maps Loaded, Devicating...
DB Query: "select * from maps"
DB Query: "select * from expressions"
Devicated.

I join my server and it automatically crashes. I tried what was on other posts which said to let someone else that was not an administrator join first but it still crashed.
=CE= Âßݧ§

Abyss
August 11th, 2009, 10:17 AM
And yes, I have Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5

tythespy
August 12th, 2009, 03:46 AM
As said many times before... not made for home dedi's.
you have to do all the step over and over again untill it runs.
lucky if you get it running, then a random simple command will crash it. (no fixes)

it did the same shit on vista and xp, running on home dedi is very hit or miss for some reason.

Cortexian
August 12th, 2009, 05:02 AM
As Bacon said, running this on a home dedi is extremely "hit and miss", that meaning that sometimes it works and other times it fails horribly. Personally I almost NEVER have any problems running the application on my computers.

supersniper
August 12th, 2009, 02:35 PM
I only have the problem when I first open up the server then join without having anyone join before me.
Once somebody joins after my server is open then I join I never have the problem.
I guess it's different for different home computers...

Syuusuke
August 12th, 2009, 05:10 PM
I will tell you that it used to happen to me, but I don't remember how I fixed it.

tythespy
August 13th, 2009, 11:29 PM
I almost NEVER have any problems running the application on my computers.

Teach me your ways :omfg:

Cortexian
August 14th, 2009, 03:53 AM
Teach me your ways :omfg:
Stable computer hardware, stable OS installations, incredible troubleshooting skills, and an excessive ego are the key!

StankBacon
August 14th, 2009, 05:51 AM
no, in the case of this app, it has nothing to do with any of that, and its pure luck.

Cortexian
August 14th, 2009, 04:01 PM
no, in the case of this app, it has nothing to do with any of that, and its pure luck.
There's no such thing as luck.

/Solo