PDA

View Full Version : Flight Combat Game Recommendations?

FireDragon04
April 15th, 2009, 01:58 PM
So I’m a fan of flight sims every now and again, and after playing Freelancer a few years back, and recently trying to demo to HAWX out, I’ve decided I want to play some more Flight Combat games. Now i prefer Space Combat games, but with there limited number I’ve probably played alot of them.

So anyone who can suggest some good Flight/Space Combat Simulators to me it's much appreciated. (Not sure about HAWX btw liked the demo but wouldn't keep me interested for long.)

I also have a Joystick and that’s one of the reasons I like Flight Sim games so much.

Syuusuke
April 15th, 2009, 02:03 PM
That IL2-Sturmovik thing that ross jizzed in his pants for, even to me it looks fun (Not exactly a fan of these flight-sims).

I was flying in the air, did a barrel roll, and JIZZED IN MY PANTS. (http://www.modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?t=15139)

teh lag
April 15th, 2009, 02:55 PM
Freespace 2 + SCP enhancements (http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,61606.0.html).

e7b8Vx3AlPA

(Yes i keep reposting this vid, but it's the best one of the game I can find on YT)

44YUwXw_njY

(Actual gameplay starts at 1:25, also ignore the German)

That is all.

Syuusuke
April 15th, 2009, 03:48 PM
Is freespace....free?

teh lag
April 15th, 2009, 04:36 PM
No, but it's dirt cheap. GOG has it for $6.

Mr Buckshot
April 15th, 2009, 04:43 PM
Ace Combat (if you have an X360).

Combat Flight simulator 2 for PC is also pretty good.

lol nice, you have a joystick, I typically use a gamepad.

Warsaw
April 15th, 2009, 05:50 PM
Wing Commander: Prophecy (you'll need to run it under compatibility mode)

Tachyon: The Fringe

X3: Reunion (gorgeous engine in this one)

FireDragon04
April 15th, 2009, 07:29 PM
Freespace 2 (http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/freespace_2) looks like a definite good way for me to go. Although once i clicked the SCP stuff there i was greeted by a large wall of text and un-eventful pictures, whats SCP about in short?

X3: Reunion, I have that one, could never get into it, far to complex for my liking. Did look good though.

Anyone know anything about Dark Star One (http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/darkstar_one)?
And nope graphics don't matter to me, as long as its a good game.

*OT* Just had a nice easy painless reformat(back with XP again) so I'm ready to game again.

EDIT: :o wow! After a quick scan, SCP for Freespace 2 looks amazing, Ports of the original, awesome mods (As soon as i saw 'Star Wars' i think i was sold).

EDIT 2: WHAT A STEAL! £4 ($6) for Freespace 2 at GOG...That's like the price of an XBOX Live Arcade game... wow. Bought, Done, Downloading. Thanks 'teh lag' for the great recommendation, looking forward to this one.

CN3089
April 15th, 2009, 08:21 PM
Freespace 2 + SCP enhancements (http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,61606.0.html).

e7b8Vx3AlPA

(Yes i keep reposting this vid, but it's the best one of the game I can find on YT)

44YUwXw_njY

(Actual gameplay starts at 1:25, also ignore the German)

That is all.

aaaagh this brought back terrible memories of rebels & renegades

fuck sobeks

fuck mentus

fuck sekhmets

fuck the vasudans

Phopojijo
April 15th, 2009, 09:45 PM
Yeah so I bought Freespace 1+exp and 2... and am eying EWJ 1,2,3D -- you son of a bitch look what you done to me x_x :p

rossmum
April 15th, 2009, 10:01 PM
Freespace 2 and Il-2 '46, PF, FB, etc. (the Steam version of '46 includes all previous versions). Your life will be complete.

Cortexian
April 15th, 2009, 10:27 PM
Space Simulation maybe?

You may like Sins of a Solar Empire, it is awesome.

Amit
April 15th, 2009, 11:15 PM
Crimson Skies maybe?

Str1d3r_V_C0r3
April 16th, 2009, 12:20 AM
Crimson Skies

FireDragon04
April 16th, 2009, 05:15 AM
Space Simulation maybe?

You may like Sins of a Solar Empire, it is awesome.

SOASE is an awesome game played it loads before christmas.

Still haven't tried Freespace, I have it all downloaded and applying SCP at home atm.

(the joys of iphone)

TeeKup
April 16th, 2009, 10:07 AM
Ace Combat 6 for the 360 received high marks.

ICEE
April 16th, 2009, 10:13 AM
Starfox 64. Not even joking, this game is amazingly well done for its time. I always enjoy it when I'm looking back on retro games. Other than that, I'm not much of an aerial combat gamer.

Amit
April 16th, 2009, 08:29 PM
Starfox 64. Not even joking, this game is amazingly well done for its time.

Key words: for its time. We are in a different time.

LinkandKvel
April 16th, 2009, 11:46 PM
I think theres a game called star ocean like that.

Cortexian
April 17th, 2009, 12:13 AM
SOASE is an awesome game played it loads before christmas.
Did you ever do a multi-nighter with maxed players/map size. I think I played a month long game with some friends doing that one month. God, an average game takes like 4 hours. It's so awesome.

n00b1n8R
April 17th, 2009, 01:00 AM
Yager on the PC was a pretty cool game, shame the multiplayer system was designed like shit (have to direct join listen servers, no lobby or anything).

E: i might take Yager to my next LAN :aaaaa:

FireDragon04
April 19th, 2009, 08:05 AM
Thanks for the recommendations guys, I'm currently deep into the war with the Shivans and kicking butt with my Joystick.

I'm also looking at getting a steering wheel and GRID (i suck at driving games but maybe the wheel will up my chances...who am i kidding....).

Freespace SCP (1+2) = WIN!

Thanks again.

PS: Yea i played many multi-nighter massive multi-system games on SOASE awesome game!

ExAm
April 20th, 2009, 04:02 PM
Just got FS2+SCP a few weeks ago. So awesome.

Warsaw
April 20th, 2009, 09:15 PM
That's one space sim I still have to get...I'm still playing the original Wing Commander games...

I feel old now...

Con
April 21st, 2009, 12:24 AM
Jane's WWII Fighters is pretty fun, old but has some coolio history videos.