PDA

View Full Version : Yo programmers and scripter guys

Inferno
May 7th, 2009, 09:52 PM
Ever seen anything that looks REMOTELY like this

http://www.freewebs.com/infernosk8terstuff/noxscript.PNG

If I can figure out how to write a loop and a few other types of commands in nox script then you guys can expect a standalone zombie survival mod with 32 player co-op.

I think noxscript might be based off another scripting/programming language so if someone has seen something like this before it could help me.

If not then its a missed opportunity.

p0lar_bear
May 8th, 2009, 12:35 PM
Looks like a bastardization of BASIC and C...

Inferno
May 8th, 2009, 04:05 PM
This game was released in like 1999.

Also I didn't have any idea that the nox forums still existed so I posted there today.
http://www.noxforum.net/index.php?topic=6525.0

Hope the smarter members are still around.

Limited
May 9th, 2009, 11:46 AM
Could you not just use a variety of jump statements to orchestrate a loop?

:1
var0 += 1
if not var0 == 5 jump 1
:2
# blahhh stuff after

Kornman00
May 9th, 2009, 12:28 PM
I don't know if thats what its suppose to look like willy-nilly from the game data or if you just "decompiled" it into that. However, it looks to be low-level output from a higher level script. GTA's scripts always looked to have the same case IMO.

Something just seems to have processed a meaningful script into something more interpreter friendly. Hence those numerical labels appear to maybe be offsets into the script, kinda like how x86 assembly does with it's jump statments.

TheGhost
May 9th, 2009, 12:28 PM
Could you not just use a variety of jump statements to orchestrate a loop?

var0 += 1
if not var0 == 5 jump 1
# blahhh stuff after

that's how it's done in assembly language at least

Inferno
May 9th, 2009, 07:30 PM
I tried just doing jump 0 at the end of the script to make it loop but that just locked up the game. I'll try some of the stuff you guys showed me next time I work on it but right now I have yoyo and IMP stuff to attend to.

Could someone give me a good resource on the basics of how this language works though. I'm still not grasping the concept of it very well. :nsmug:

edit-
Tried this
var0 += 1
if not var0 == 5 jump 1

Crashes game.

Phopojijo
May 10th, 2009, 12:42 AM
that's how it's done in assembly language at leastNot in HLA :o ... unless you really want to.

Kornman00
May 10th, 2009, 02:24 AM
edit-
Tried this
var0 += 1
if not var0 == 5 jump 1

Crashes game.
try telling it to jump to 0 instead. I would think they would base the offset at 0. Another thing the numerical labels could represent are character positions in the actual script...but holy crap that would be totally :gonk:. But I can't see the opcode stream so I can't tell if its actually just a offset to jump to or not (like in assembly)