PDA

View Full Version : WTF invincible brutes?

FRain
May 13th, 2009, 10:56 PM
So, I've been dinking around in Campaign, replaced the Elites with CMT brutes, for lols for the Campaign. I start up the campaign. I land into b40 and the brute comes out. I get on the AA gun. I unload about 70 rounds into him and he's still standing.

He appearts to be taking damage (blood emitting, grunting, talking) but he just won't fucking go down. I looked at his health and nothing looks wrong. It may be that I replaced the biped in the elites.actor_variant tags, but I'm not positive that's the case.

What gives?

FRain

Masterz1337
May 13th, 2009, 11:15 PM
I'm chalking it up to user error. No one else or us has ever had this problem with those old brute tags. You try using another weapon?

Polamee
May 14th, 2009, 04:04 AM
Did you tweak your model collision in any way?

FRain
May 14th, 2009, 08:01 AM
I'll try, but it's just the stock PR, so I don't see what could be the problem.

No, I haven't messed with the collision. I checked it, but everything checked out fine.

ICEE
May 14th, 2009, 10:38 AM
remember that brutes use the engineer and engineer forcefield collision materials. Your projectiles may be set to do nothing to either of those. try meleeing them in the back. that should still kill them

supersniper
May 14th, 2009, 05:24 PM
that's always an insta-kill.

Inferno
May 14th, 2009, 05:25 PM
Not on hunters.

Donut
May 14th, 2009, 05:31 PM
it wont be an insta kill if its set to ping melees off. look in the .biped for any checked flags

FRain
May 14th, 2009, 06:38 PM
So, theoretically if I just changed the Engineer field to Elite field (Elite Energy Shield, too) it might change?

kid908
May 14th, 2009, 08:40 PM
or just change the damage effect tag so it reads damage for that weapon. or was it to change it so the weapons effect that type of material...

Sabre
May 14th, 2009, 11:11 PM
or just change the damage effect tag so it reads damage for that weapon. or was it to change it so the weapons effect that type of material...

You're thinking damage modifiers in the damage_effect tag.