PDA

View Full Version : I need YOU to help out Lancers Edge!

Cortexian
May 18th, 2009, 05:58 PM
I also know that you're all cheap ass's that most likely will not give a shit :rolleyes:, but it's still worth posting here to get more publicity tbh.

Unfortunately I can no longer continue to pay for the Lancers Edge Halo CE server hosted by gameservers.com (http://www.gameservers.com/?ref=1620893) due to financial issues. I have deposited one last payment of $23.95 USD to gameservers.com (http://www.gameservers.com/?ref=1620893) but I doubt I will be able to make any more payments for a couple of months at least.

The Lancers Edge server in question is the "! BANFREE LE Bloodgulch 100 Cap 24/7" server hosted at the gameservers.com (http://www.gameservers.com/?ref=1620893) data center in Seattle. The server will continue to operate until approximatly July 16th 2009 but after that time the server will be shut down. If you enjoy playing in the "! BANFREE LE Bloodgulch 100 Cap 24/7" server I emplore you to make a donation to my PayPal account to help me keep the server running. If I do not recieve the goal of $23.95 USD in donations before July 10th 2009 I will refund all donations back to their donors!
Original post here. (http://www.lancersedge.co.cc/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=67)

sdavis117
May 18th, 2009, 06:08 PM
Didn't Rams get his server for half that price?

Edit: I am looking at the pricing, and a 16 slot public server only costs $20. If you made a private server named "The Password is 'Ban Free'", then you could get a 16 slot server for only $12.75, even though I think Game Servers wouldn't like that.

n00b1n8R
May 18th, 2009, 06:36 PM
Yeah guys, we need to keep supporting the LE server or else there won't be any more dedicated Blood Gulch servers!!

Sel
May 18th, 2009, 06:55 PM
If your financial state is so dreary that you can not afford 30$ CAD a month, then there is no way you should be paying for this server.

Cortexian
May 18th, 2009, 07:50 PM
If your financial state is so dreary that you can not afford 30$ CAD a month, then there is no way you should be paying for this server.
My financial state is also none of your business. :downs:

Lets just say that I temporarily need the money that I had set aside for game servers/computer hardware for something quite a bit more relevant in the scheme of life.

As for the pricing, Rams got his server on a deal that Game Servers had at the time, $11.95/month at certain data centers. Unfortunately the deal didn't apply to the Seattle data center, I think it was only New York and a couple of others on the East cost.

Anyways, now that I look at the pricing it seems that they've lowered the cost of Halo CE servers in general. When I purchased mine it was $23.95/month for a public 16 slot server, it seems that it's now only $19.95/month. I've opened a ticket with Game Servers billing requesting that my price be adjusted, as well as to refund any extra money that I've payed since the price was lowered.

Inferno
May 18th, 2009, 08:32 PM
If I had my own credit card I'd donate 2 or 3 bucks but 17 years old =/= credit card. Hope you get to the goal even though your server is full of bots and OMG BLUDGULCH nobs. :rolleyes:

BLUDGULCH RULZ MLG FO LYFE

StankBacon
May 18th, 2009, 08:38 PM
you wasted your money.

Cortexian
May 18th, 2009, 09:15 PM
you wasted your money.
You always say that, it's my money and I spent it, therefore it was not wasted.

Don't worry about it Stanky.

Inferno
May 18th, 2009, 09:18 PM
The server was full today so it's not really a waste. I enjoy BG as much as the next guy but sheesh. Overplayed much.

Cortexian
May 18th, 2009, 09:22 PM
So I checked the support ticket and they say that once you purchase your server you're locked into that price. So I told them to cancel my server and refund my last payment which was only two days ago. I'll just repurchase the server at the cheaper rate or I may wait until they have another $11.95 deal or similar.

supersniper
May 18th, 2009, 09:25 PM
lol cheating the system! love it.

InnerGoat
May 19th, 2009, 03:15 PM
Didn't know you still had a server, sorry about the news :(

Limited
May 19th, 2009, 03:21 PM
If it was a UK server I'd pitch in, but its in west coast USA which is like driving a steak through my heart.

Stormwing
May 19th, 2009, 03:23 PM
which is like driving a steak through my heart.
sounds tasty :)

sorry lol, and sucks about the server :(

STLRamsFan
May 19th, 2009, 03:46 PM
Yea I got real lucky. The only reason I'm even keeping the server up is because of the $11.95, which is affordable for me. Might shut it down in September since the game is usually slow around that time until close to Summer time since practically everyone is back in school. Although, I might reconsider if anyone I knew and trusted wanted to help with the cost (which isn't much at all, but in the long run helps out).

Inferno
May 19th, 2009, 03:50 PM
Once school is back in keeping the server up would be pointless. I think a summer server is a good idea.

Cortexian
May 19th, 2009, 04:25 PM
Okay well, the guy that was talking to me first didn't know dick all apparently because one of the level 2 support guys adjusted my price for all FUTURE payments to $19.95. Apparently if there's a deal/price change you can request to have your price adjusted to that price for your NEXT and FUTURE payments, but they don't refund you any money from your previous payments... Hopefully that $11.95 deal pops up again...

Edit: I've updated the original thread on the Lancers Edge (http://www.lancersedge.co.cc) website with some additional information (Game Servers refunded $4.00 off my last payment as well). I'm going to stop updating other sites with updates like these so if you're even interested, check out the official site.