PDA

View Full Version : You Don't Need a Witness

Inferno
June 5th, 2009, 05:32 PM
Epsilon Gameplay Teaser HQ (http://dedi-servers.net/ftp/dmt/Epsilon%20Trailer.wmv)
Epsilon Gameplay Teaser LQ I will upload a LQ when I'm done fixing selentics map and playing Nox co op with my bro. Stop being a lazy fuck and re encode it.
Sup? Comments?

Sel
June 5th, 2009, 05:36 PM
So it's PoA, and you fight marines?

English Mobster
June 5th, 2009, 05:39 PM
Yes.

Now, I'll ask again: WHO the HELL puts a Warthog INSIDE A HALLWAY???
Besides me.

Inferno
June 5th, 2009, 05:40 PM
No it's a custom SP using the original geometry. I took the BSP's and scripted encounters and cut scenes and etc from scratch. Also the marine and freelancer actors are completely custom. I rebalanced them. There are new animation graphs on all the ai's and plenty of other things.

@ninja mobster
The hog is at the end. They drove it out of the hangar and put it there to ambush you with 50cal rounds and rockets.

English Mobster
June 5th, 2009, 06:10 PM
Oh shit. "Ninja Mobster". I like that name.

Alwin Roth
June 5th, 2009, 06:12 PM
wait, so is there a story to this?
when did you announce this project?

CodeBrain
June 5th, 2009, 06:41 PM
wait, so is there a story to this?
when did you announce this project?

Fuck ton a while ago, Back in October 2008.

http://www.modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?t=12675&highlight=Epsilon+beta

:D

Edit: After watching the trailer, got a couple things to say.

1. Good job with the spartan-roll animation.
2. Spartans don't have active camo generators in their suits. (lol me imagineless)
3. Animations could use some work, but I am sure you aren't done yet.

What I mean by #3 is that animations aren't that fast, they don't look very..."smooth".

My pelican looks the same as that spartan in front of keys, it doesn't look very smooth.

Helpful advise from Rain:

When I do a animation, I pick a random frame, animate with it, and check over it and see if it looks smooth or not. If it is smooth (in your opinion), move on. If not, try to find a frame that makes it smooth.

Inferno
June 5th, 2009, 06:47 PM
Yeah the story is based on RvB. It is my little "fan fiction" on how Agent Washington went insane when he was implanted with the AI epsilon.

Animations are WIP. Once I get the Voice Over done I will get the final encounters set up then tweek AI and animations. Then its done. The campaign on normal takes me about 7 to 10 minutes with no deaths. But since I know were every AI spawns I get through it reaaaallly fast. I think it would take a normal player about 20 minutes and longer on heroic and legendary.

Angatar
June 5th, 2009, 07:01 PM
Animations are WIP. Once I get the Voice Over done I will get the final encounters set up then tweek AI and animations. Then its done. The campaign on normal takes me about 7 to 10 minutes with no deaths. But since I know were every AI spawns I get through it reaaaallly fast. I think it would take a normal player about 20 minutes and longer on heroic and legendary.
So it's only a bit longer than the Pillar of Autumn?

Joshflighter
June 5th, 2009, 08:17 PM
Awsome. :3

Alwin Roth
June 6th, 2009, 08:37 AM
you should change the flashlight so it becomes berserk mode, where everything is slow motion and you run faster, and perhaps add blur, but only lasts for 5-10 seconds...

Inferno
June 6th, 2009, 03:11 PM
Well I'm thinking about revamping my slow mo script from a while ago and adding it in but that requires me to figure out how to use the god damn screen effect convulsion script.