PDA

View Full Version : Yoyorast Island V2 Betatest official thread

yoyorast
July 6th, 2009, 01:54 PM
K guys, the long wait is almost over... we're betatesting the last build in some minutes.
This thread is for betatesters to leave their comments and talk about any problem they see in da map.

Thanks to Polarbear for setting up the server, to inferno and firescythe for their wonderfull job + all my other past partners.

Hdoan if you're reading this, we're still waiting for your ATV biped anims... it's the last thing missing for now... thks man

If some old v1 betatesters or guys I already know enough and trust are reading this.. they can add me in AIM : yoyorast ... but hurry !

DEElekgolo
July 6th, 2009, 01:56 PM
k. Waiting.

yoyorast
July 6th, 2009, 01:59 PM
k. Waiting.

No, I'm waiting for ya in AIM man.. I dont see ya...

.Wolf™
July 6th, 2009, 02:03 PM
So..We can see a realese in a week..or a day..or a hour?or maybe now?;) Sweet!

yoyorast
July 6th, 2009, 02:11 PM
more in a week I guess.. depending on doan for atv biped anims...and alos if we found any major problem..

klange
July 6th, 2009, 02:15 PM
Why wasn't I invited to this beta test? :mad:

@Inferno: Thanks for caring :)

Bah, I beta tested Coldsnap. Therefore, Tia is a better mapper than Yoyo :3

YOYO IS THE BEST MAPPER EVER

Inferno
July 6th, 2009, 02:15 PM
You must be this pro to be invited.

Also yes I told yoyo to let you in bacon.

.Wolf™
July 6th, 2009, 02:20 PM
Ah well..I hope its out soon..Cant wait!

Arteen
July 6th, 2009, 02:38 PM
So when is the beta test? I don't see a server up.

Inferno
July 6th, 2009, 02:39 PM
Does anyone have a server that's not in france?
It's do laggy for me to play in and for most everyone else.

klange
July 6th, 2009, 02:39 PM
So when is the beta test? I don't see a server up.
/\ This. All I see is Shadow in his private game.

e: Will it work on a dedi? I can get one up and give you rcon to type your password thing... My server runs great with only minor lag issues, and only on a full load.

Limited
July 6th, 2009, 02:41 PM
Hopefully its like in 30 minutes, I'm getting 15kb/s download speed :O

BobtheGreatII
July 6th, 2009, 02:44 PM
Bleh. I want in on this. :smith:

Higuy
July 6th, 2009, 02:50 PM
Bleh. I want in on this. :smith:
Same. :smith:

.Wolf™
July 6th, 2009, 02:57 PM
^With this guy:P

Rentafence
July 6th, 2009, 02:58 PM
Profence here

Disaster
July 6th, 2009, 03:26 PM
Suckyfence here

ftfy

Also, Laggy server is laggy

NerveBooger
July 6th, 2009, 03:54 PM
I would like to join the beta, I'm not as well known as others - but I am good at giving specific feedback, and I have a few maps to my name. If not, I aint gonna throw a fit - but I would be very appreciative.

STLRamsFan
July 6th, 2009, 05:35 PM
The first ever beta tester here. :)

[gx]Shadow
July 6th, 2009, 05:53 PM
Cool news, can't wait for it to come out!

If you are planning another betatest before the release, I'll love to participate. I'm just too exhausted after work and lifting to do anything but watch movies tonight.

V1 betatesters ftw :)

sdavis117
July 6th, 2009, 05:54 PM
Guys, we all know that the world is going to end before Yoyo V2 comes out.

It's too bad that I don't have any rep with beta testers, otherwise I'd ask to beta this.

klange
July 6th, 2009, 05:55 PM
Well, then... fuck you. Banning me..

And the whole FPS drop when looking at the island is a serious issue.

BobtheGreatII
July 6th, 2009, 05:58 PM
Well, then... fuck you. Banning me..

And the whole FPS drop when looking at the island is a serious issue.

Lol, I would suggest you get a computer that is above 2Ghz.

StankBacon
July 6th, 2009, 05:59 PM
i think the switches and teleporters not working is a pretty big problem.

klange
July 6th, 2009, 06:01 PM
i think the switches and teleporters not working is a pretty big problem.
I haven't had any issues with the switches, and but I did fail to teleport in a CTF game after grabbing the flag. Landed face first in the water.

jcap
July 6th, 2009, 06:15 PM
I think the only problem I had was driving straight through a door. It was the one on the other side of that jump.

yoyorast
July 6th, 2009, 07:23 PM
Main nig problem , are the random tele not working properly, the dorr after the jump crossing the main hill get stuck in closed position very often, and panic room shiled not working well...
Inferno thinks its due to Rec0 app.. it(s unsure for the moment.

n00b1n8R
July 6th, 2009, 07:42 PM
Yo pooky, you best have your axe and camera ready. :q:

ShadowSpartan
July 6th, 2009, 07:53 PM
Inferno thinks its due to Rec0 app.. it(s unsure for the moment.
I really don't see how syncing issues could be caused by rec0's app.

.Wolf™
July 6th, 2009, 07:54 PM
Something to remember : Ducky failing at climbing

Killa failing at climbing

Higuy breaking the panic room(YAHHHH)

The hot chicks...

And thats about it..

klange
July 6th, 2009, 07:56 PM
Nicely executed tower, guys.

Higuy
July 6th, 2009, 07:57 PM
Something to remember : Higuy breaking the panic room(YAHHHH)
You broke it first !! D: (YAHHHH)

Ki11a_FTW
July 6th, 2009, 07:58 PM
Killa failing at climbing

its because tythespy was facing backwards!

STLRamsFan
July 6th, 2009, 08:06 PM
I was having a serious issue with FPS. I've never had any problems with FPS on any map until this one. At times it would be fine while other times it was a mess. Especially during moments of action.

Pyong Kawaguchi
July 6th, 2009, 08:07 PM
ps rams suck
and besides that, I would like to be in, but its up to you
also, I'll spam doan on msn.

Cortexian
July 6th, 2009, 09:27 PM
The reason that a lot of the doors/teleporters/shields were not working is because someone (quite possibly me...), used the "/destroy" command which destroyed the vehicles and scenery that were involved with the sync scripts and such. As long as that command isn't executed (why would it be on a normal server with competent admins?) then the map should work perfectly fine!

Inferno
July 6th, 2009, 09:38 PM
Well I had issues with the doors syncing in the rec0 servers from the start.

Also I have a idea of whats causing frame rate issues on yoyo. I'll look into it.

StankBacon
July 6th, 2009, 09:43 PM
post the tower pics!

Llama Juice
July 6th, 2009, 10:00 PM
^This.

The only real problems I saw was with doors not syncing and switches either not working, or me not knowing wtf I'm turning on/off

Pooky
July 6th, 2009, 10:07 PM
Yo pooky, you best have your axe and camera ready. :q:

From the sound of things, I have nothing to worry about just yet.

Arteen
July 6th, 2009, 10:10 PM
The FPS was terrible, there were forerunner floors mixed with human-textured walls, and I couldn't enter the ghosts. It was hard to gauge gameplay issues due to the lag and framerate issues, though. Otherwise, it still feels like Yoyorast Island, but bigger and better. I liked the texture upgrades, and the mongoose handled beautifully.

Cortexian
July 6th, 2009, 10:40 PM
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/7508/haloce2009070618471409.jpg

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/2955/haloce2009070618501920.jpg

hth.

Ki11a_FTW
July 6th, 2009, 10:44 PM
When i went into the biped syncing room, i found hundreds of hogs all over the place, and it was lagging like crazy, i think thats the lag problem.

FluffyDucky™
July 6th, 2009, 10:45 PM
http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/7508/toweronyoyo2copy.png

<3 :)

Cortexian
July 6th, 2009, 10:45 PM
Solution, don't go into the syncing room! Also, I get no performance issues other than your standard server lag/ping issues.

Llama Juice
July 6th, 2009, 10:55 PM
Yea, same as freelancer. When we had a good host it was all good fun.

I was getting a constant 30 FPS the entire time.

Cortexian
July 6th, 2009, 10:59 PM
I was getting 200+ FPS all the time, usually spiking between 400-600, upwards of 1200 at some points. But my graphics card spazzes out in Halo when it comes to FPS, so it's really random in NO VSYNC mode, though always above 200.

sdavis117
July 6th, 2009, 11:09 PM
Am I the only person who missed this? I feel sad now :(.

PopeAK49
July 6th, 2009, 11:10 PM
Nope i missed it too. I'll just wait tell release though.

StankBacon
July 6th, 2009, 11:12 PM
way to fail and not have the names on in the pic freelancer.... good thing ducky got one.

Cortexian
July 6th, 2009, 11:20 PM
I didn't fail at all, mine looks way cleaner.

That's just a frame from all the video I was recording as well, which will be uploaded soon with names/without names, etc...

FluffyDucky™
July 7th, 2009, 03:15 AM
Face it, I beat you! :)

Cortexian
July 7th, 2009, 03:54 AM
Here's one of the tens of thousands of pictures I took, and I'm not exaggerating because Fraps recording at 100 FPS for quite awhile = tens of thousands of pictures...

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/7711/yoyoiv7betatesttower.jpg

I'm uploading a bit of video of the last couple climbers and the stuff that followed, "pics or it didn't happen" you say? I say that if a picture is worth a thousand words, my video is worth at least a dictionary!

FluffyDucky™
July 7th, 2009, 05:12 AM
You so lame, but I love you. :) Was fun, I especially love the mongoose noises! What happened to it having a passenger seat?

.Wolf™
July 7th, 2009, 05:35 AM
I was getting 200+ FPS all the time, usually spiking between 400-600, upwards of 1200 at some points. But my graphics card spazzes out in Halo when it comes to FPS, so it's really random in NO VSYNC mode, though always above 200.
Maybe you didnt get the fps drop since your computer probably was the best computer at the beta:P All players need to be taken into consideration.. Even those with decent & bad computerbuilds. Also ducky, I believe its not in the beta because the actual animations for the seat aint done yet.

English Mobster
July 7th, 2009, 05:44 AM
Of course. The ONE day I'm forced to be in bed all day (I have the flu).

The ONE day I couldn't stop throwing up and didn't want to risk getting near my computer... Yoyorast Island is beta'd. Figures.

Heathen
July 7th, 2009, 05:57 AM
Of course. The ONE day I'm forced to be in bed all day (I have the flu).

The ONE day I couldn't stop throwing up and didn't want to risk getting near my computer... Yoyorast Island is beta'd. Figures.
Haha, sad sad story this.
go post it at FML.

.Wolf™
July 7th, 2009, 06:19 AM
Figured out what the 360 sign means now..Way too much Lost for one mapmaker.

n00b1n8R
July 7th, 2009, 06:48 AM
You so lame, but I love you. :) Was fun, I especially love the mongoose noises! What happened to it having a passenger seat?
The 3P passanger animations weren't done in time (read the OP), so it was probably just left out of this build.

yoyorast
July 7th, 2009, 07:07 AM
Guys, my deception was pretty big, I thought we could test all the stuff pretty seriously... to see what's really was left to be fixed or ameliorate... but the only thing people were interested in was running super jump, super speed and stuff, and then making this human tower... at one moment, I gave up and put myself in the tower...
Anyway, I hope we're going to find what exaclty caused the doors, shields and random tele not working as usual... And bout the ATV, I'm pretty sure this unfinished thing is going to retain the map to be released for some time sadly... Doan where are you?

By the way the betatesters list is closed now, thks guys, at least there've been no leak.

Timo
July 7th, 2009, 07:10 AM
Timezones are awesome. :saddowns: Ah well, I guess it means that this map is one step closer to release (although two steps back it seems).

Rook
July 7th, 2009, 07:28 AM
I'm downloading this map right now git in the server with me and wolf!

.Wolf™
July 7th, 2009, 07:36 AM
Hopefully we can have one serious gamernight..Tonight maybe..Id like to see the true gameplay..

Llama Juice
July 7th, 2009, 08:00 AM
It seemed like you kids just wanted to play with the different "cheats"... that was rather annoying...

example...

I was on my way to a Mongoose and someone came flying past me at like 3X speed on foot to try to steal the goose.... so I shot the goose with my RL and it caused them to miss it and not be able to hop in... so I hopped in... only to be tele'd across the map and get stuck in a wall.

.Wolf™
July 7th, 2009, 08:31 AM
^Im with Llama:D

STLRamsFan
July 7th, 2009, 09:28 AM
Alrighty, here's what I think from what we've played:

FPS Issue: It seems that I a huge problem with the FPS whenever I'm around the base or beach. For the most part, everything else is at least ok although it can still be a little choppy at times.

KOTH: I actually liked the moving hill a lot in Team King. Was a lot more fun than with the hill staying at one spot. Chasing after the hill around the island actually gave everyone a purpose since a lot of team mates would spawn at different areas.

New Look: I like it, right now it feels like an unknown island that's ready to be explored. Before release, I'd recommend someone create a video that gives a tour around the map. I did this for the first since there was confusion about where everything was and such.

Overall: It still has some issues that need to be ironed out (FPS issues are a perfect example) but so far it looks like a fun map. I still would like to play it on a 16 player CTF to see how playable it is. Personally I do not believe the map was meant for slayer. CTF, KOTH, and Race are the best gametypes for the map. Slayer at Yoyorast Island 2 just doesn't feel right in my opinion.
Hopefully there won't be any/much usage from the app next time around. I would really like to try it out without the usage of it.

Oh and the spot Inferno showed me: No comment. :rolleyes:

English Mobster
July 7th, 2009, 09:44 AM
From the sound of it, it seems like there was a lot of Rec0 abuse.
Maybe we could try again, without Rec0 activated? Maybe this time I won't be busy putting the inside of my stomach into a toilet...

.Wolf™
July 7th, 2009, 09:55 AM
^Isnt the Betalist closed?

Limited
July 7th, 2009, 10:13 AM
From the sound of it, it seems like there was a lot of Rec0 abuse.
Maybe we could try again, without Rec0 activated? Maybe this time I won't be busy putting the inside of my stomach into a toilet...
Freelancer had admin, of course their was rec0 abuse.

I had to leave the beta for a few issues but whilst I was there I had pretty shitty FPS. Sure my PC isnt the best however it can cope with all the other maps.

.Wolf™
July 7th, 2009, 10:26 AM
Checked the Syncing room..Its full of random vehicles piling over eachother:P

yoyorast
July 7th, 2009, 10:32 AM
Checked the Syncing room..Its full of random vehicles piling over eachother:P

Ye but, this is because some guys ent it it and mess it up... nobody's supposed to go in there... it participated braking all the doors and shileds system.

I'd be glad to test again with full server with no rec0 app and noone going in that room... but that requires a bit of maturness.

Limited
July 7th, 2009, 10:37 AM
I'd be glad to test again with full server with no rec0 app and noone going in that room... but that requires a bit of maturness.
I suggest hand picking people you feel are mature enough to actually beta test the map instead of act like morons.

Llama Juice
July 7th, 2009, 10:40 AM
^ If there's no Rec0 it will make it better, easily.

Pyong Kawaguchi
July 7th, 2009, 10:42 AM
I'd love to beta test, but I'd say its up to yoyo to choose me to beta or not, and considering the requirements I would be loving to actually play the game, and not dick around :S

STLRamsFan
July 7th, 2009, 10:47 AM
Any map that has switches and stuff should not be played with rec0 turned on/used. Only reason I even used rec0 was because I wanted to do some exploring and get accustomed with the map.

.Wolf™
July 7th, 2009, 10:59 AM
Same..Playing it with some serious gameplay would be cool.. Its up to you, Yoyo.

BobtheGreatII
July 7th, 2009, 11:22 AM
You know guys... you kind of have to earn respect around here. It's not like Yoyo is gonna start handing out betas to every scrub who says he's going to take the game seriously. That's how things get leaked/stolen. I suggest you guys try to find some way to prove yourselves, our you're out of luck I imagine.

.Wolf™
July 7th, 2009, 11:32 AM
Ofcourse..He must be able to trust a person in order to give you a beta..

yoyorast
July 7th, 2009, 11:39 AM
Frankly, I feel it's too risky to send the map to anyone else than the actual guys... I'm pretty sure we can do something more like a real betatest with the same guys if everybody agree to do someting more constructive.

.Wolf™
July 7th, 2009, 11:48 AM
Inferno..No vehicle deleting!:)

Hotrod
July 7th, 2009, 11:50 AM
Well, it's good to see that this map is still chugging along. For a time, I was worried that it was a dead project.

Arteen
July 7th, 2009, 12:04 PM
I'm up for another beta test if you can get the map running better. It's hard to test gameplay when my framerate fluctuates between 7 and 30 fps.

Llama Juice
July 7th, 2009, 12:10 PM
I'm up to test again if there's no rec0 abuse.

.Wolf™
July 7th, 2009, 12:25 PM
Same^If you want me testing that is:)

Sel
July 7th, 2009, 12:40 PM
about time lmao

Glad to see this is almost done!

Inferno
July 7th, 2009, 12:46 PM
Some big internal changes are being planned. Increased reaction time for shield controls (less wait between hitting it and waiting for it to pop-up) Better frame rates and much much more.

Ki11a_FTW
July 7th, 2009, 12:54 PM
Yeah, i definitely cant wait to beta test this map again :3

STLRamsFan
July 7th, 2009, 01:11 PM
Just curious, why is one of the syncing rooms so close that you can hear it? Could you move it to an area (kind of like the secret room but unreachable)?

Inferno
July 7th, 2009, 01:32 PM
E3P0 did it. The majority of the syncing was already done before I started working on the project.

skogen
July 7th, 2009, 02:01 PM
I will gladly test this map some more too, more seriously this time.

yoyorast
July 7th, 2009, 03:36 PM
CtrlAlt made the sync room.

Edit : correction, Ctrlalt made the 1st versions of scripts for shields and doors... Sync room was made by Skyline. :)

FRain
July 7th, 2009, 03:43 PM
I can do the anims, if you want, yoyorast.

.Wolf™
July 7th, 2009, 04:27 PM
Think Hdoan is right on it..Hopefully

Cortexian
July 7th, 2009, 04:28 PM
The only thing I used Rec0's app for was to increase my speed so I could get from place to place faster to test things, and to teleport. If you noticed, all the idiotic stuff was done by Inferno before he was banned... The doors/shield walls/teleporters work PERFECTLY on Yoyorast Island V2 even with Rec0's app enabled, as long as no one uses "/destroy" because it destroys all scenery and vehicles (therefore messing up the sync room).

.Wolf™
July 7th, 2009, 04:30 PM
Ah, yes, But Speed also causes server syncing problems...Atleast thats what i noticed..Well..Its might only be sapp..The speed in Sapp is rather unstable if anything.

STLRamsFan
July 7th, 2009, 04:34 PM
The only thing I used Rec0's app for was to increase my speed so I could get from place to place faster to test things, and to teleport. If you noticed, all the idiotic stuff was done by Inferno before he was banned... The doors/shield walls/teleporters work PERFECTLY on Yoyorast Island V2 even with Rec0's app enabled, as long as no one uses "/destroy" because it destroys all scenery and vehicles (therefore messing up the sync room).

Myself, Limited, Spy, and Skyline were at the HCEL with rec0 enabled just earlier to test out a few things. We explored a bit with the app on and nothing went wrong. Even with the /ting, /sting, /jing...... we did. The only time we had a problem was when /destroy was used by Skyline since he wasn't aware at the time.

Cortexian
July 7th, 2009, 04:34 PM
Player speed changes shoudn't effect the map scripts in any way, so It was probably a combination of a few things.

Inferno
July 7th, 2009, 05:26 PM
All I did was teleports speed and hitlers.

.Wolf™
July 7th, 2009, 05:28 PM
/veh , /delete all objects or something /kill a specific player

The list goes on...

=)

StankBacon
July 7th, 2009, 05:42 PM
sigh.... its still using the fucked up version of the custom hog :(

yoyorast
July 7th, 2009, 05:48 PM
this is the lastest and correct version of the custom hog in that build guys

StankBacon
July 7th, 2009, 06:15 PM
it has many errors.

STLRamsFan
July 7th, 2009, 06:28 PM
Does any ever get a slight freeze when the atv crashes? I remember that was an issue on one of the atv projects that got tested on the first one.
-via blackberry

Cortexian
July 7th, 2009, 09:06 PM
it has many errors.
The passenger seat is broken (though it's apparently been fixed for quite awhile, just not implemented) and the dashboard radar and stuff is broken.

StankBacon
July 7th, 2009, 09:11 PM
and the steering wheel and the extra passenger seat handles are all messed up too.

all of which were fixed perfectly in the version i made... which was discarded for some reason.

Cortexian
July 7th, 2009, 09:49 PM
What's wrong with the handles? They seemed fine to me...

EX12693
July 8th, 2009, 12:27 AM
The handles are perfectly fine...

So are we gonna actually have a MATURE, no rec0 betatest with as many testers as possible? Even with the immature first betatest, I found 2 shortcuts in the same area, 1 skipping the beach entirely...
Lol lack of maturity, and I'm the youngest tester on the list... sad.... :realsmug:

Cortexian
July 8th, 2009, 01:18 AM
Yea, but you just started walking so you don't really matter...

No problem with using Rec0's app as long as people dont' abuse it.

sevlag
July 8th, 2009, 08:24 AM
if a nother test is conducted this week and if i'm allowed, i'd be happy to test with you guys, bew it a mature testing or just the good ol "tom foolery" test

anyways it seems to be shaping up quiet nicely an d i cannot wait for the final or to test it

English Mobster
July 8th, 2009, 08:34 AM
I think that:
A. The test is closed.
B. You have to have known Yoyo/been in contact with him for quite some time (For instance, I've been talking to him over AIM since early 2008).

.Wolf™
July 8th, 2009, 08:51 AM
Anyone else feels the greed here?

XD

Reaper Man
July 8th, 2009, 09:04 AM
No. Stop shitting up the thread, begging to beta test. Most people who beta test just fuck around and don't actually want to test - simply get the map before everybody else and be e-cool.

sevlag
July 8th, 2009, 12:02 PM
[quote=Reaper Man;425523]No. Stop shitting up the thread, begging to beta test. Most people who beta test just fuck around and don't actually want to test - simply get the map before everybody else and be e-cool.[/quote:\ not everyone wants to dick around on it, i thin that a good run through of the gametypes would be nice

but w/e

just get doan to do the animations and yeah

yoyorast
July 8th, 2009, 12:20 PM
I talked to him yesterday, he was waiting for Ctralt to get online.. he needed some help for him.

STLRamsFan
July 8th, 2009, 12:31 PM
Alright, I just listened to the music that was on the map. I thought all of them were fine except this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqz6A2PGH_s

It's a good tune don't get me wrong but I just feel that it didn't fit the overall theme of Yoyorast Island. That's just my opinion.

yoyorast
July 8th, 2009, 01:31 PM
Wow Rams, I didn't thought we couldn't agree more on one thing... this song is more liek an intro to the blue danube one.. but I really think it feats so good when you reach teh top of the island and you can see the entire panorama... its epic, it's so good in my opinion.
Anyway, we can always discuss musics but these wont change guys, sorry but I made a selection and looked for one of them (the ponchielli one) for very long.. + there many important stuff to fix so..

Sel
July 8th, 2009, 02:00 PM
dont let inferno put any of his music in the map and it should be good!

yoyorast
July 8th, 2009, 02:30 PM
sigh.... its still using the fucked up version of the custom hog :(

Stank , tell me what's wrong with the hog beside the radar witch isn't fixable plz.

Cortexian
July 8th, 2009, 03:24 PM
-vpm-uwNj0w

My music is best..

klange
July 8th, 2009, 03:31 PM
I NEED AMMO

Llama Juice
July 8th, 2009, 04:03 PM
Pills here!

At 5:00 in that video Halo exceptioned for me haha.

AAA
July 8th, 2009, 04:28 PM
1. Awesome
2. Why is the little island hexagonal-shaped? Couldn't smooth it out a little more?...
3. Spartan Laser? What's that doing in there?
4. No backpack weapons? not something that's necessary, but it would be a nice touch, no?

Other than that. It looks cool. :) How'd you guys put that golden sniper effect in there?

Ki11a_FTW
July 8th, 2009, 04:37 PM
its just a seperate weapon with a gold texture

AAA
July 8th, 2009, 04:48 PM
its just a seperate weapon with a gold texture

Then how was that one guy turning it on and off? Because, he was messing with it quite a bit... or was that a graphic glitch?

klange
July 8th, 2009, 04:49 PM
Then how was that one guy turning it on and off? Because, he was messing with it quite a bit... or was that a graphic glitch?
He's switching between the regular sniper and the gold sniper. No switching animations in H1, remember?

StankBacon
July 8th, 2009, 07:30 PM
Stank , tell me what's wrong with the hog beside the radar witch isn't fixable plz.

the radar is very easily fixed.

ill get some pics of the differences IF I CAN GET SAPIEN TO WORK ON WIN7

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/7525/dif.png

left is my version, right is the one in the beta.

someone lazily did the close all seems or whatever modifier in max, and mishaped some parts of the hog.

you can see the differences... am i nitpicking? perhaps, but why spend years on a map and then release it with a sub par hog.

-edit- not to mention the entire skin on the beta version is terrible, especially in the dash.

AAA
July 8th, 2009, 10:39 PM
dude, who shit that hog on the right?

Use Stankon's. :iia:

Cortexian
July 8th, 2009, 11:28 PM
Is the passenger seat fixed in yours as well Bacon?

yoyorast
July 9th, 2009, 04:44 AM
the radar is very easily fixed.

ill get some pics of the differences IF I CAN GET SAPIEN TO WORK ON WIN7

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/7525/dif.png

left is my version, right is the one in the beta.

someone lazily did the close all seems or whatever modifier in max, and mishaped some parts of the hog.

you can see the differences... am i nitpicking? perhaps, but why spend years on a map and then release it with a sub par hog.

-edit- not to mention the entire skin on the beta version is terrible, especially in the dash.

kk mn you got me on this... we'll use yours ;)

.Wolf™
July 9th, 2009, 07:11 AM
Bacons is awesomer!

Llama Juice
July 9th, 2009, 08:19 AM
I'd hit it.

yoyorast
July 9th, 2009, 09:04 AM
kk mn you got me on this... we'll use yours ;)

K sorry I ddin't look well enough... I thought you retouched it or something like this but this is my own old version you're showing Stank.. the one with the wrong radar is the corect one sorry... There is an extantion of the custom seats in the old one that I didn't wanted anymore and that make it look not as cool and too large when bipeds are one it... + other little details changed... + I spent pretty much time modifying this so even if the last one has its radar messed up and some handelings not well centered, I'll keep the last one. But if you feel like you can fix the radar on the last one, I'd be glad man.

.Wolf™
July 9th, 2009, 11:00 AM
Fix the textures and shaders to look like bacons..

Heathen
July 9th, 2009, 11:25 AM
what wolf said.
Bacon, do it.

yoyorast
July 9th, 2009, 11:26 AM
On stank pics the old one looks better, but when you look at it in other angles and from a bit farer, the new one isn't that bad.. + on the old one there's a bad looking diference of ton color between the front and rear part... anyway, I didn't made the skin for any of them.. DANO made for me.. out of the custom seat skin witch is better on the old one, he corrected this ton difrerence I was talking bout.. the rest is the same...
Stank take 2 pics of both the entire hog view from top and you guys will see there's no need to redo anything (beside the radar and handling for hands which is a very little detail).

Heathen
July 9th, 2009, 11:35 AM
ton = Tone*
I understand english is your second language so I am not nitpicking.
I was confused so I am clarifying for other readers.

.Wolf™
July 9th, 2009, 11:44 AM
Bacons is darker.It makes it look alot better.Might not matter alot..But seriously..You have been working on this for 4 years...Make it the best it can be..You have put your soule into this..It got to be worth it:D

Heathen
July 9th, 2009, 11:53 AM
darker is better

.Wolf™
July 9th, 2009, 11:53 AM
Think twilight..With less vampire..

Heathen
July 9th, 2009, 12:00 PM
what?

Inferno
July 9th, 2009, 04:38 PM
Lol I forgot I had this.

http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/natural/9a82e8dbf33f60a1b537406f53ab0e9c6ce626ed.png

yoyorast
July 9th, 2009, 04:39 PM
Bacons is darker.It makes it look alot better.Might not matter alot..But seriously..You have been working on this for 4 years...Make it the best it can be..You have put your soule into this..It got to be worth it:D

Wolfy, ask around to my partners, they'll tell ya I always want things to be over perfect and never leave anything half done... This is my way of doing since the begining and without it, the map wouldn't be what it is... If I knew how to fix this radar myself or perfect the skin I would do... But Shadow who fixed the last version of the hog (cause there was a problem with the biped anims) told me that the way he had to do this prevented from fixing the radar... So I made one concesion in quality for once.. If someone tells me its impossible, I use to insist but at one point after 4 years you have to make some concesion.. and make things inorder to release the thing... Believe me, if there wasn't this F.. phantom face problem each time you move one poly in the max model, I'd have been adding plenty of stuff I would have wanted...
And about the skin, this is Dano work, til now I didn't noticed the old one was darker, and I also tend to prefer the darker one... but the skin of the older version doesn't go on the new version.. and the diference is so tiny that I wan't move for this (once again, stank, take 2 pics of the both hogs in same light condition, cause I suspect the lightning is not the same on your pics, and you'll see guys, you wont notice the diference and you'll see that the old one have this "tone" thks for corecting me difrerence that doesn't make it look clean)...
Anyway, all this to say, leave the old version skin rest in peace, it doesn't feat with the new model and have tone problems.
Now if you think you can retouch the skin of the new version, help your self and propose me something.. but in my opinion you wont get any significant amelioration.
The only thing worth fixing is the radar, once again, Im not capable of doing that stuff, if someone does, I'd be happy guys.

Cortexian
July 9th, 2009, 05:22 PM
The new one needs the passenger seat fixed, radar fixed, and handles fixed... That's it.

yoyorast
July 9th, 2009, 05:47 PM
What's wrong with the seats? you have to test them Free, Shadow fixed them in the last build.

StankBacon
July 9th, 2009, 06:10 PM
send me the tags/data for the newest hog and ill try to get it fixed up.

yoyorast
July 9th, 2009, 06:18 PM
Very cool man, Shadow have the lastest.. he just got off.. you'll have them tomorow.

StankBacon
July 9th, 2009, 06:28 PM
okedoke :)

ShadowSpartan
July 9th, 2009, 06:30 PM
Very cool man, Shadow have the lastest.. he just got off.. you'll have them tomorow.
All I have is the gbxmodel since I just used guerilla to fix the marker rotations. The radar is fixable, but I couldn't do it because I didn't have enough time to import into max and mess with it. Inferno has the latest tags, so he will have to send to StankBacon.

yoyorast
July 10th, 2009, 07:39 PM
Bye the way guys, here are 2 little nice Vids showing a bit of V2.
Thanks to Freelancer for the one just above and KiDD for the 2nd one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkmAIMDabpU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPmUQFSax4M

FluffyDucky™
July 10th, 2009, 08:13 PM
Wow, the 2nd one was awesome, really enjoyed that.

Inferno
July 10th, 2009, 08:51 PM
KiDD needs to post so I can rep him.

.Wolf™
July 11th, 2009, 05:26 AM
It sure is one awesome video right there KiDD!

yoyorast
July 13th, 2009, 01:35 PM
Hey guys, things have been very quiet since the beta, the biggest things to rework are the scripting system around random teles , shields and doors... and inferno is the man... but he went to see his familly for a few days.. he might be back tomrow and things might move forward again...
In the mean time I got the anims for backseat biped ATV from Doan, so we'll be testing this soon...
And last thing is I'm looking for some program to tweak the gametypes, apprently such a program exists but ShadowSpartan who I asked to tweak one of the gametype, can't find it... any idea?
The idea whould be to tweak the Crazy KOTH mode in order to have each hill staying longer at each place.

Thks guys