PDA

View Full Version : Yo, quick question about a weapon I'm making.

Ifafudafi
July 28th, 2009, 03:20 AM
The good folks at Podacity mentioned something about a "Dark Energy Rocket," which got my mind racing immediately. I've already got a working prototype and some promising effects, but I just want to know whether you guys would rather it be like a Rocket Launcher, the H1 Fuel Rod Gun, or the H2/3 Fuel Rod Cannon.

It's currently based off the H1 FRG tags, which was my original intent, but I just want to know what you guys think.

I'll have a vid and more details up tomorrow once I get this implemented.

n00b1n8R
July 28th, 2009, 03:31 AM
If the rocket is a short (1 unit tall to 1.5 units long, no more) then go with the H1 FRG.
If it's longer, then use the H2 one (idk about the H3, never seen it vOv).

ThePlague
July 28th, 2009, 03:43 AM
Rocket Launcher

Reaper Man
July 28th, 2009, 04:26 AM
Don't make it look like the rocket launcher, it should be some sort of alien weapon, or do you mean projectile-wise? If so, I think it'd be cool if the projectile was some sort of elongated sphere - an oval.

itszutak
July 28th, 2009, 05:10 AM
I don't know what you've got planned for the explosion effect of your new gun, or if you have one planned-- but I'd like to suggest looking at the gravity gun in this map: http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=2431
I don't quite know how they did it, but the primary fire on it brings things closer to you instead of farther away-- it makes an inverse explosion. I would love to see that effect with your newest gun.

n00b1n8R
July 28th, 2009, 05:16 AM
Pretty sure the Gravitygun was done by Kirby.

Ifafudafi
July 28th, 2009, 12:56 PM
I meant weapon/projectile behavior. (FRG is less powerful, arcing projectiles, RL is really powerful, straight-velocity projectiles, etc.)

It's near impossible to make .shaders/.light_volumes that achieve the Dark Energy effect, so I'm stuck manipulating .contrails and .effects. The projectile is relatively small (about the size of the FRG's projectile model), and functions exactly like the FRG.

I think I'll just stick with that, though. Expect a vid soon.