PDA

View Full Version : MP Map Size Limit 128 MB?

English Mobster
September 24th, 2009, 12:25 AM
Anyone know how to increase it? My map is topping off at 126.88 MB with a bunch of unneeded easter eggs content cut, but I still want to know if it's possible to increase the maximum MP map size, because there are still quite a few features I would like to add.
Any help?

the1
September 24th, 2009, 03:47 AM
http://www.modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17758

quiet possibly... read up on OS. :P

Advancebo
September 24th, 2009, 05:23 AM
Toolpro
http://www.filefront.com/14431871/tool_pro.rar/

the1
September 24th, 2009, 08:51 AM
uhhhhhh..... hmmmmmm.... never mind... you do realise tool pro doesn't actually work right? yeah it bypasses the map size limit.. BUT!!!... ce crashes apon i think it was either starting or loading the map

Skarma
September 24th, 2009, 01:43 PM
Anyone know how to increase it? My map is topping off at 126.88 MB with a bunch of unneeded easter eggs content cut, but I still want to know if it's possible to increase the maximum MP map size, because there are still quite a few features I would like to add.
Any help?Do modding tools cap it at 128mb or does Halo just not load maps larger than 128mb? I know Halo has to allocate memory before the map chunks are loaded, so I'm sure there is some kind of max, but that is easily changable. I'm not sure if it would effect anything else in the engine though, because of the hard coded addresses. As far as mod tools 128 cap limit, it would probably be an easy change too.

Dwood
September 24th, 2009, 01:51 PM
Just use Open Sauce to compile. Korn has a quick tutorial up in the sdk.

English Mobster
September 24th, 2009, 05:11 PM
Alright, I was planning to have an OSed version of the map and an un-OSed version anyway. I'll keep the thread open if anyone has a solution for the non-OS version.

the1
September 24th, 2009, 08:37 PM
long story short... you have to use OS in order to get your map to work because it caps the memory allocation to just under 130mb because back in the day it was only meant for Xbox and bungie and M$ and GBX didn't think anyone would make 1 huge ass MF kickass map :P... thats why korn released OS because it uses some memory allocation upgrades to pritty it all up :)

5 more posts and ill be 117 :D

Dwood
September 24th, 2009, 08:49 PM
long story short... you have to use OS in order to get your map to work because it caps the memory allocation to just under 130mb because back in the day it was only meant for Xbox and bungie and M$ and GBX didn't think anyone would make 1 huge MF map :P... thats why korn released OS because it uses some memory allocation upgrades to pritty it all up :)

5 more posts and ill be 117 :D

You basically said what I said except in like 100% more words than you needed to. :\/

Another thing: Get on xfire!

Skarma
September 24th, 2009, 10:07 PM
Alright, I was planning to have an OSed version of the map and an un-OSed version anyway. I'll keep the thread open if anyone has a solution for the non-OS version.All OS does to upgrade is change the size parameter in the VirtualAlloc() function in Halo, which allocates memory for the map to be loaded. This function only gets called ONE TIME when Halo first starts up, because it has to allocate memory for all the game data that it's going to store. I would stick with using OS to do this, there is no other logical way I can think of.