PDA

View Full Version : [TF2] TF2 Scout

Phopojijo
October 31st, 2009, 05:26 PM
Is it just me or is he on the more unbalanced side than one might expect... if someone knows how to use him well enough.

Seems to me like he has two goals -- the first is objectives... the second is assassinations... and not assassinations like the Spy -- hit and run assassinations.

in, sandman, kill, out... Using a FAN he can take out everyone but the Heavy and the lucky Soldier... and more if he uses the scattergun -- but the longer shot times could make that hairy...

Get hit by flamethrower? Bonkdrink and the burn damage will be ignored... you can also use it to block paths but that's irrelevant as it's very difficult. He's just about the only class that doesn't have a single, set, defined role.

He's kinda the antithesis of the Spy... same goals (objectives and assassinations) but two very different methods of accomplishing it.

sevlag
October 31st, 2009, 05:33 PM
Is it just me or is he on the more unbalanced side than one might expect... if someone knows how to use him well enough.

Seems to me like he has two goals -- the first is objectives... the second is assassinations... and not assassinations like the Spy -- hit and run assassinations.

in, sandman, kill, out... Using a FAN he can take out everyone but the Heavy and the lucky Soldier... and more if he uses the scattergun -- but the longer shot times could make that hairy...

Get hit by flamethrower? Bonkdrink and the burn damage will be ignored... you can also use it to block paths but that's irrelevant as it's very difficult. He's just about the only class that doesn't have a single, set, defined role.

He's kinda the antithesis of the Spy... same goals (objectives and assassinations) but two very different methods of accomplishing it.originally the scout was a harassment mechanism, but the recent updates have made him something more of a threat than a nuiscane

Phobias
October 31st, 2009, 06:10 PM
Scout is and always will be the most overpowered class in the game.

That's why we love him.

n00b1n8R
October 31st, 2009, 06:19 PM
All the classes are fucking OP when you know how to use them (even the heavy and engy).

That's what makes the game ballanced. :downs:

Sever
October 31st, 2009, 06:29 PM
The thing is, the Scout's strengths initially played off of his weaknesses. His speed, double-jumping, and skewed attacks (The Scattergun has a wider spread, but higher overall damage output, making it necessary for the Scout to be closer to his targets than other shotgun-wielding classes if he wants to deal optimal damage) were all he had to offer. With all of his gear from his update, they've not only increased his strong points, but also diminished his shortcomings. He now has even more ways to dodge, evade, and outright negate any threat on the battlefield, as well as a weapon that is solely purposed for hit & run and ambush attacks, with its fast firing rate, target knock-back, and triple-jumping/escape capabilities.

The Scout just kicks ass.

e: Fuck yeah, the heavy is OP when used right. Give me a well-placed dispenser, a medic, and someone watching my back, and I can defend any CP or Intel.

Ganon
October 31st, 2009, 06:52 PM
sniper is the best class if played to their full skill extent, however noone will ever reach that level because it is impossible. so by human standards, scout is the best class.

n00b1n8R
October 31st, 2009, 07:33 PM
Ultimate spy > Ultimate sniper

hth~

Phopojijo
October 31st, 2009, 07:51 PM
Ultimate Pyro is also pretty decent too when you add in the upgrades especially... you could literally be juggled to death.

Inferno
October 31st, 2009, 08:27 PM
Pyro Class Setup:

unbindall
bind w "moveforward"
bind w "attack"

Ultimate corner camp.

CN3089
October 31st, 2009, 08:30 PM
Medic > Demoman > Soldier > Scout > Heavy = Spy = Sniper = Engineer > Pyro hth

Ganon
October 31st, 2009, 09:05 PM
Medic > Demoman > Soldier > Scout > Heavy = Spy = Sniper = Engineer > Pyro hth

you are wrong get a life hth

you can thank me later or somethin

Rook
October 31st, 2009, 09:23 PM
depends on the gametype I guess, in payload scouts get destroyed most of the time.

Ganon
October 31st, 2009, 09:25 PM
that is because payload is a bad gametype

n00b1n8R
October 31st, 2009, 09:35 PM
defensive spy on payload pwns :realsmug:

Phopojijo
October 31st, 2009, 10:02 PM
I do well as a scout in Payload... particularly Badlands and Goldrush. You just need to crouch and use the cart as cover.

Also on Goldrush if it's not advantageous to assassinate a particularly annoying enemy team member (usually a sniper) -- I usually hang with our snipers near the resupply cabinate and lob sandmans into crowds. The distance also usually makes it very very long stuns too. Then they wave bye to their heads wankers or they get beaten by people on the ground.

But mostly for offense -- crouch and keep the cart between myself and the enemies... fan the demoman stickies... bonk-juice if I need to get to the cart to stop it from going backwards... sandman random people... hope I don't get shanked by a spy.

Heathen
October 31st, 2009, 10:44 PM
I <3 scout srsly.

I recently started using my FaN again and its alright. I still perfer the scatter gun. I dont like the sandman though, that 95 health unsettles me.

Ganon
October 31st, 2009, 10:51 PM
stock weapons are best weapons

n00b1n8R
October 31st, 2009, 10:53 PM
Bonk is a situational toy that will never compete with the pistol for all round effectiveness.

Heathen
October 31st, 2009, 11:06 PM
p much. I never use bonk. Only use I see is for fire. Quick switch makes playing around with mixtures a lot more fun though.

and ya, stock fur shur.

Phopojijo
October 31st, 2009, 11:10 PM
I disagree -- I find it way more useful than the pistol. If you're on assassination runs, it makes it very easy to escape... it's also a lifeline if you're caught on fire but the Pyro didn't finish you off... gives you enough time to find water/health/let the burn damage timer run out.

As for the sandman -- 95 health never really bothered me. Either I get enough damage that I'd die anyway... or the sandman prevented me from taking any damage... or I get caught on fire and do the above bonk drink trick to keep myself alive... either case it didn't hurt me... and there's no denying exactly how useful the sandman is when you connect.

As for the FaN -- it could go either way. If you want to take out structures -- definitely go for the scattergun for its larger clip because the FaN just simply will not cut it. If, on the other hand, you want to aggravate objective runners -- then the FaN is your bestest friend because even shooting them from behind will stop them cold in their tracks... giving your team a bit of catchup time.

Also the sandman allows you to kill people in the shame critsrush after you lose... which I've done a few times. (Especially now that the server I'm on has partyhats for donators so I can't actually die in end-of-round critrush... they just stand in front of me popping rounds into me wondering why I'm pointing to the sky and OH GOD I'M AIRBORNE :p)

Pooky
October 31st, 2009, 11:14 PM
Teammates and I have successfully scout rushed map 1 on goldrush multiple times, hth.

ICEE
November 1st, 2009, 12:23 AM
I play the spy, sniper engineer and pyro. I've never found the scout to be over powered because hes usually just the dude who's feeding my sentry or the guy i light on fire and he runs away. As a sniper or spy, I usually don't really meet up with scouts unless im on 2fort or they decide to walk into an area I'm camping. As an engineer, ill often win in a shotgun fight against a scout.

Sel
November 1st, 2009, 12:34 AM
Get out of pubs phopo, and everything's balanced!

CN3089
November 1st, 2009, 12:37 AM
If you use the FaN, Bonk!, or Sandman, you are a scrub, hth

Heathen
November 1st, 2009, 01:51 AM
I disagree -- I find it way more useful than the pistol. If you're on assassination runs, it makes it very easy to escape... it's also a lifeline if you're caught on fire but the Pyro didn't finish you off... gives you enough time to find water/health/let the burn damage timer run out.

As for the sandman -- 95 health never really bothered me. Either I get enough damage that I'd die anyway... or the sandman prevented me from taking any damage... or I get caught on fire and do the above bonk drink trick to keep myself alive... either case it didn't hurt me... and there's no denying exactly how useful the sandman is when you connect.

As for the FaN -- it could go either way. If you want to take out structures -- definitely go for the scattergun for its larger clip because the FaN just simply will not cut it. If, on the other hand, you want to aggravate objective runners -- then the FaN is your bestest friend because even shooting them from behind will stop them cold in their tracks... giving your team a bit of catchup time.

Also the sandman allows you to kill people in the shame critsrush after you lose... which I've done a few times. (Especially now that the server I'm on has partyhats for donators so I can't actually die in end-of-round critrush... they just stand in front of me popping rounds into me wondering why I'm pointing to the sky and OH GOD I'M AIRBORNE :p)

So I played a bit with the other items, and I gotta say, I am biting my tongue.
I used bonk a lot to avoid fire damage and to run from heavies. The FaN makes up for the 95 health. And the sandman is great when you get used to it. Also FaN jumping~

Bodzilla
November 1st, 2009, 03:56 AM
Ultimate Pyro is also pretty decent too when you add in the upgrades especially... you could literally be juggled to death.
you seen the pyro's taht do airblast rocket jumping? taht shit is tight.

Scouts probably got teh biggest skill curve which is why the people that take to time to play him and play him well own.
it's very very easy to make a quick mistake or a slipup and it will cost you a respawn every time.

n00b1n8R
November 1st, 2009, 05:31 AM
Scouts probably got teh biggest skill curve which is why the people that take to time to play him and play him well own.
it's very very easy to make a quick mistake or a slipup and it will cost you a respawn every time.
I am sorry, do you perhaps mean spy???

Phobias
November 1st, 2009, 08:58 AM
I am sorry, do you perhaps mean spy???

A few updates ago you'd be right.

Phopojijo
November 1st, 2009, 09:33 AM
Well the updates made the Spy survivable to a noob... maybe get to sap some things... but if you play in pub servers you'll see -- there's a HUGE difference between a good spy and a bad spy... probably a bigger split than any other class.

Sel
November 1st, 2009, 02:58 PM

lol.

The sandman was banned from competitive play, I don't see any of the spy unlocks being banned though!

:downs:

Yoko
November 1st, 2009, 03:15 PM
Well the updates made the Spy survivable to a noob... maybe get to sap some things... but if you play in pub servers you'll see -- there's a HUGE difference between a good spy and a bad spy... probably a bigger split than any other class.

Old TF2 it was easy to play spy. Now if you get one backstab or one good sap run, 4 people go pyro and SPY CHECK SPY CHECK SPY CHECK MPHMHPHMPMHPPMP

@ Sandman, people just mad at da vidjya gaem cause they gettin bonked from long range

Bodzilla
November 2nd, 2009, 01:11 AM
troll stick is legendary.

and, i dont need the extra health :realsmug:

Phobias
November 2nd, 2009, 06:08 AM
The sandman is great, it reminds me alot of 300 ping halo servers, what with the massive but oh-so-easy to manage lead and all.

Sel
November 2nd, 2009, 06:45 AM
No, it's a piece of shit, and you're a faggot for using it.

Sorry, but I hope I cleared that up for you :)

Phopojijo
November 2nd, 2009, 10:47 AM
No, it's a piece of shit, and you're a faggot for using it.

Sorry, but I hope I cleared that up for you :)Well if we're very effective with it... that would make it not a piece of shit. It makes you aggravated by it... true... but that doesn't mean it's a piece of shit. Hope I cleared that up for you...

p0lar_bear
November 2nd, 2009, 03:12 PM
only good class is pyro hth~

Heathen
November 2nd, 2009, 04:16 PM
only because your computer sucks and its easy.

Eh, same story with me :fail:

n00b1n8R
November 2nd, 2009, 04:40 PM
All the spy unlocks are worthless (unless you're a twitch aiming monster with the Ambasador).
Vanila spy, best spy~

p0lar_bear
November 2nd, 2009, 04:54 PM
I think he's talking more about the things like the cloak recharge, instant backstab, teleporters, etc. Not the Spy Update, but the Spy updates.

sevlag
November 2nd, 2009, 05:06 PM
its kinda hard being a spy because alot of kiddies will spy check you even if you ARE on their team

FaN has done me alot of good and i normally use it to harass heavies on 2fort

Yoko
November 2nd, 2009, 05:20 PM
FaN has done me alot of good
"FaN"
"good"

Real scouts use the scatter gun, not the Pussy a Nature :realsmug:

Phopojijo
November 2nd, 2009, 05:51 PM
Depends on your goal... if you want to kill structures -- Scatter is DEFINITELY the way to go. If you want to harass people -- especially on narrow walkways -- definitely FaN.

Ganon
November 2nd, 2009, 06:03 PM
uhhhhhhhhhhhhh its common knowledge the scattergun is all around the better gun :I

Phopojijo
November 2nd, 2009, 06:13 PM
Like I said, depends on your goal. When paired with the sandman for quick less-than-soldier assassinations... FaN is great.

Jelly
November 2nd, 2009, 06:24 PM
I got a really awesome kill on a soldier today; I pooped out a pipebomb just before rounding a corner (running away from him) and hit him perfectly and he died and I had like 5000000 ping gosh I am awesome.

But if he had been a scout using the FaN I would be dead because fuck scouts furthermore fuck the FaN.

I hope this has opened your eyes to the power of the FaN

Needles
November 2nd, 2009, 07:45 PM
Like I said, depends on your goal. When paired with the sandman for quick less-than-soldier assassinations... FaN is great.

I can't use it. I do lots of bunny hopping and it's knock back just screws me up badly.

Though there is this guy who plays on the convoy sever I play on, and he is able to two or one shot anything with the fan. His aim is godly, it's damn annoying.

Bodzilla
November 2nd, 2009, 07:50 PM
"FaN"
"good"

Real scouts use the scatter gun, not the Pussy a Nature :realsmug:
i'm a harrass, hit and run demo smacking and juggling scout.

FaN is worth it's weight in gold.
plus you get some pretty fly new moves with the tripple jump

Heathen
November 2nd, 2009, 08:04 PM
Yeh, I am loving that damn FaN.

Needles
November 2nd, 2009, 08:05 PM
i'm a harrass, hit and run demo smacking and juggling scout.

FaN is worth it's weight in gold.
plus you get some pretty fly new moves with the tripple jump

But when you want to fight a soldier or heavy not being stalled in mid air is and 6 shots is precious, since going super close point blank isn't a great idea, but bunny hopping around and some mid range fire with good aim will severely cripple or kill them.

ICEE
November 2nd, 2009, 08:13 PM
But when you want to fight a soldier or heavy not being stalled in mid air is and 6 shots is precious, since going super close point blank isn't a great idea, but bunny hopping around and some mid range fire with good aim will severely cripple or kill them.

this is exactly what makes it balanced.

Sever
November 2nd, 2009, 08:29 PM
Fuck that, I still kill heavies with the FaN. Sometimes even out in the open.

Needles
November 2nd, 2009, 08:37 PM

Not when they have that medic. They can probably be healed 40-70 hp by the time you get your fan reloaded, while I'm still pumping out 4 more shots of 50-80 dmg each at a mid-close range. And I just might make it out with 20-30 hp left because of the extra 1-2 seconds of time I saved from the heavy spinning in circles trying to random spray me desperately.

Sever
November 2nd, 2009, 08:41 PM
That's why you let your other team members engage them. I've found that one of the things a Scout does best is pick off loners. If a team is playing very cohesively, a scout or two, no matter how good, will never be a threat. If, however, a moderately good Scout can engage a lone player, no matter what the class, the Scout will have the upper hand, and most likely the victory.

Needles
November 2nd, 2009, 08:44 PM
That's why you let your other team members engage them. I've found that one of the things a Scout does best is pick off loners. If a team is playing very cohesively, a scout or two, no matter how good, will never be a threat. If, however, a moderately good Scout can engage a lone player, no matter what the class, the Scout will have the upper hand, and most likely the victory.

Team work? In a video game?

Somethings not right with you :V.

Sel
November 2nd, 2009, 08:55 PM
Scouts are great for flanking and back capping, atleast in 6v6, as anything outside of that is a clusterfuck :downs:

Phopojijo
November 2nd, 2009, 09:04 PM
Not when they have that medic. They can probably be healed 40-70 hp by the time you get your fan reloaded, while I'm still pumping out 4 more shots of 50-80 dmg each at a mid-close range. And I just might make it out with 20-30 hp left because of the extra 1-2 seconds of time I saved from the heavy spinning in circles trying to random spray me desperately.Sandman the Heavy, FaN the medic...

http://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/217534009_hZ5oD-L-2.jpg

ICEE
November 2nd, 2009, 09:13 PM

I disagree. Usually when i fight a scout one v one, I win. Seems to me that scouts are good at sharking kills from their team mates

p0lar_bear
November 2nd, 2009, 09:23 PM
...sharking kills from their team mates...And statements like this are where we start slapping people. :ugh:

There is no such thing as a stolen kill in a team game. Anyone who claims to have their kills stolen is a self-centered retard, and anyone who claims to steal kills is doubly so.

ICEE
November 2nd, 2009, 09:49 PM
My bad. I forget that shark is a term me and my friends coined. It means to finish off an unsuspecting enemy before an ally (or other enemy in a free for all game) can. whether or not that person actually engaged the target or not is irrelevant. What I mean is that the scout is good at killing enemies that weren't really paying attention to them for whatever reason

Heathen
November 2nd, 2009, 11:06 PM

Fuck that, hop around them like mad shit and spam them with the fan, then whip out that bat (get a quick melee script so all you have to do is hold down f to melee, then release and it goes back to primary. Great for engie too) and sit on their heads and beat them down.

this, and often.

CN3089
November 3rd, 2009, 12:58 AM
Jesus Christ are people unironically defending the FaN? In every single situation the scattergun is unquestionably objectively better and if you disagree you are dumb and probably don't play TF2 at all. DEAL W/ IT http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/CN3089/Emoticons/emot-colbert.gif

n00b1n8R
November 3rd, 2009, 04:17 AM
I think he's talking more about the things like the cloak recharge, instant backstab, teleporters, etc. Not the Spy Update, but the Spy updates.
Though I agree that some of them were a bit unnesicary (eg, the raising hand to indicate backstab range (and how It was often broken and mislead experienced spys :mad::mad::mad:) and quickstabs), the class really did need the occasional buff as players got more and more infuriating with good at spychecks and got more and more paranoid.

I do as well now as I did a year ago (admitedly I need to brush up for a day or so since I hardly play these days) so relativly speaking I think it's balanced vOv

E: not that that need stopped me bitching over every single buff (except the ammo -> cloak thing, that just made me so fucking hard) which "teh pro's didn't n33d"

EE: and the day they put level 3 dispensers and enemy teleporter use in was http://sae.tweek.us/static/images/emoticons/emot-flashfap.gif

Bodzilla
November 3rd, 2009, 02:01 PM
?

you best learn to tripple jump homes.

Needles
November 3rd, 2009, 08:01 PM
?

you best learn to tripple jump homes.

Then I get air rocketed the split second I'm in air. Plus that means I only get one shot on the soldier.

Heathen
November 3rd, 2009, 08:02 PM
Pssh, dodging pro here.

p0lar_bear
November 4th, 2009, 12:42 AM
Don't engage soldiers head-on or for more than a second.

Problem solved.

JERK
November 4th, 2009, 12:52 AM
Don't engage soldiers head-on or for more than a second.

Problem solved.
if you play Scout and you can't 1v1 a Soldier then you're not a good Scout and you should probably stop sucking @ tf2 and fpses in general

Scout is pretty much just like rolling light armor in Tribes or Quake w/ only the shotgun so if you can't play fast-paced fpses well you're definitely going to suck as Scout

(Scout is my most played class by over 200 hours more than my 2nd most-played class so I think I know what I'm talking about (none of that time was spent in an idle server))

also vanilla loadout is the only good loadout for Scout doing anything else is like going Huntsman Sniper on 2fort and never leaving the battlements

Sel
November 4th, 2009, 01:33 AM
holy shit where has this guy been all my life

honestly he's a way better poster than all of you, except kyon and ganon

In all seriousness though, he's entirely right, and if any of you disagree with him you are dumb. Hope you find this post (and the above one) enlightening.

ICEE
November 4th, 2009, 02:15 AM

honestly he's a way better poster than all of you, except kyon and ganon

In all seriousness though, he's entirely right, and if any of you disagree with him you are dumb. Hope you find this post (and the above one) enlightening.

You keep posting the same opinion over and over. Why not just compile it into one thing and sig it and stop wasting time

Bodzilla
November 4th, 2009, 04:48 AM
scattergun for competitive use, FaN for anything else tbh scouts my most played class as well, i aint clocked the hours you have but the FaN and it's tripple jump is extremely usefull. i've got no idea what your doing to get rocketed in the air, but it cant be anything like i'm doing... never have that problem.

also theres other weapons besides just the scattergun or FaN,
pistol and the bat are lethal tbh, weapon combo's are your friend.

n00b1n8R
November 4th, 2009, 05:43 AM
Addapting to mixing the FAN with your jumping just takes practice. Initialy I was thrown off by it and hated it but after I tried it again (2 months later), I learned to compensate or use it in place of a double jump (or correct a it if i had to with the double jump). It gets to the point where you mix it all up without even thinking about it and that's when you're doing it right.

Aerowyn
November 4th, 2009, 05:51 PM

awwww, love :allears:

Addapting to mixing the FAN with your jumping just takes practice. Initialy I was thrown off by it and hated it but after I tried it again (2 months later), I learned to compensate or use it in place of a double jump (or correct a it if i had to with the double jump). It gets to the point where you mix it all up without even thinking about it and that's when you're doing it right.

FAN triple jump = fun :)

JERK
November 4th, 2009, 05:55 PM
speaking with sniper being my 2nd most played class (219 hours as of this post) triple jumping scouts are hilariously easy to kill, like even easier than airborne enemies in lowgrav servers

Bodzilla
November 5th, 2009, 04:49 AM
stop playing in servers where people walk in straight lines :ugh:

Rook
November 5th, 2009, 05:09 AM
speaking with sniper being my 2nd most played class (219 hours as of this post) triple jumping scouts are hilariously easy to kill, like even easier than airborne enemies in lowgrav servers

:golfclap:

OmegaDragon
November 6th, 2009, 06:56 AM
Screw guns. If I play scout, I play a bat scout. It confuses the enemy and if used right it can be a deadly force, not to mention fun as hell. Only occasions I use my scattergun are for destroying sentries or if there is a scout with the intel.

hurray for suicide scouts! I don't care if i have 20 kills and 40 deaths :P

sevlag
November 6th, 2009, 01:59 PM
Screw guns. If I play scout, I play a bat scout. It confuses the enemy and if used right it can be a deadly force, not to mention fun as hell. Only occasions I use my scattergun are for destroying sentries or if there is a scout with the intel.

hurray for suicide scouts! I don't care if i have 20 kills and 40 deaths :Pspeaking of blunt objects, i'd like to take a moment and point out why the fuck the engy can crit with the wrench so easyily...i seem to die from just one hit og that thing while i have full health:|

Inferno
November 6th, 2009, 02:16 PM
The scout is terrible TBH. You can kill them with 1 hit from just about anything. It's just that if you suck at aiming there impossible to kill.

Phopojijo
November 6th, 2009, 03:06 PM
The scout is terrible TBH. You can kill them with 1 hit from just about anything. It's just that if you suck at aiming there impossible to kill.The point's to not get hit.

P.S. -- I've been noticing I've been taking damage under the effects of Bonk! Drink... yet I don't see that listed in any update for even the last month... what's up?

Ganon
November 6th, 2009, 03:07 PM
The scout is terrible TBH. You can kill them with 1 hit from just about anything. It's just that if you suck at aiming there impossible to kill.

you've never played tf2 against a competent scout

Heathen
November 6th, 2009, 03:28 PM

this

Bodzilla
November 6th, 2009, 03:33 PM
speaking of blunt objects, i'd like to take a moment and point out why the fuck the engy can crit with the wrench so easyily...i seem to die from just one hit og that thing while i have full health:|

crits are a reward percentage system based on the amount of damage you do.
the more damage, assists and kills you get the more likely you'll get a crit.
engys stack up alot of damage through their sentry gun and medics stack up alot of assists through healing everyone.

the over outcome is fear the saw,
fear the wrench.

Jelly
November 6th, 2009, 05:11 PM
Wrench has the highest base melee damage and melee weapons crit like every other swing, so yeah you'll get critted by them a lot. Unless you play in nocrit servers :yase:

ICEE
November 6th, 2009, 05:27 PM
crits are a reward percentage system based on the amount of damage you do.
the more damage, assists and kills you get the more likely you'll get a crit.
engys stack up alot of damage through their sentry gun and medics stack up alot of assists through healing everyone.

the over outcome is fear the saw,
fear the wrench.

^ this is good information to have. I wonder why I get so many crits with the sniper's machete? I'm not much of an assist generator, but whenever I get in melee fights I get pretty consistent crits.

Inferno
November 6th, 2009, 05:52 PM
I hardly play TF2 but when a scout runs up on me I usually just blast them and move on.

The only time they bother me is when I'm playing sniper and they sneak up on me. But even then I can take them out with the little shitty machine gun the sniper gets.

Sel
November 6th, 2009, 06:26 PM

:neckbeard:

n00b1n8R
November 6th, 2009, 06:38 PM
speaking of blunt objects, i'd like to take a moment and point out why the fuck the engy can crit with the wrench so easyily...i seem to die from just one hit og that thing while i have full health:|
The wrench has always had the highest crit rate of any weapon in the game (check the tf2 stats), it'd say it's a ballance thing (engys are piss at range (bar the sentry) so kill them that way unless you're a spy)

:ugh:

PS. All mele's have a high crit percentage (I think it starts at like 1/4-1/3 chance and goes up with damage)

Ganon
November 6th, 2009, 07:05 PM
I hardly play TF2 but when a scout runs up on me I usually just blast them and move on.

The only time they bother me is when I'm playing sniper and they sneak up on me. But even then I can take them out with the little shitty machine gun the sniper gets.

yo shut up

ICEE
November 6th, 2009, 07:06 PM

fuck the machine gun i just hack em with the knife