PDA

View Full Version : Your Jobs

Trulife8342
November 10th, 2009, 08:10 AM
I work as an Area Manager for gamestop which means I look over about 5 stores in the district. I get a lot of cool perks and get to get a lot of games for free before they come out or before the street date. I also get my xbox live paid for and have a 45% discount.

What jobs do you guys have?

Ganon
November 10th, 2009, 08:15 AM
pro gamer
best poster

Snowy
November 10th, 2009, 08:59 AM
I do freelance graphic design. Usually comes out to be about $30-$50 an hour, but the work can be very inconsistent.

Reaper Man
November 10th, 2009, 09:09 AM
Freelance photographer. I also dabble in web design and graphic design.

(ps I hope you don't plan on being an English teacher, fixed the thread name for you :eng101:)

SonicXtreme
November 10th, 2009, 09:21 AM
I got fired :/ , now im looking for a job :P and yes it fucking sucks

odseraphim
November 10th, 2009, 09:39 AM
I'm a laser engraver. I have two lasers that I use to engrave layouts into various materials: glass, marble, wood, plastic, acrylic and metal.

All I do is pretty much just send the print jobs to the lasers and put the materials in them and measure any offsets and fix that on the PC. I use CorelDraw X3 to work with the various layouts.

Wakeboy1337
November 10th, 2009, 09:42 AM
I used to Sandblast. Now I'm unemployed. I need a new sandblasting job. That was easy money :(

TheGhost
November 10th, 2009, 09:44 AM
Intel. Microprocessor design. (full-time, 6 month co-op)

Also do contracted web design work / consulting for a startup company. (part-time, sporadic)

Web application programming / research & design with a professor in computer science department (part-time, during school)

Otherwise, full-time student at Cornell University. (3rd year)

:cool:

neuro
November 10th, 2009, 09:45 AM
i'm fulltime looking for a job.

Cojafoji
November 10th, 2009, 11:37 AM
half time student / half time tech support/web designer at a local library.

part time student is on hold atm. D:

paladin
November 10th, 2009, 03:34 PM
i'm fulltime looking for a job.

Lol.... sorry.

Fully time student... :golfclap:

Horns
November 10th, 2009, 03:37 PM
Sophomore in High school. I also build sand rails/buggies/karts on my free time for fun and for extra cash.

hobojoe
November 10th, 2009, 03:40 PM
Quagga Mussel Inspector
For the Califonia State Parks

paladin
November 10th, 2009, 03:41 PM
lol, what?

hobojoe
November 10th, 2009, 03:48 PM
lol, what?

I inspect Boats for these:
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh245/hobojoe42/DSC01019readyacopy.jpg

If a boat is wet or has the mussel on it. It gets qurantined.
Pretty shitty job, but it pays the bills.

Timo
November 10th, 2009, 04:15 PM
Full time student, although i'm just coming to summer holidays which means i'll hopefully be working at a supermarket full time to get some $$$ for next year.

Yoko
November 10th, 2009, 04:16 PM
Was a web design intern for 6 months back in '08, doing freelance web design jobs here and there that pay handsomely :3

Other than that, 30 different places I've applied to are dicks

Inferno
November 10th, 2009, 04:22 PM
MLG Pro. I'm sponsored by 3 energy drinks.

And I fix peoples computers whenever I need a few bucks.

Cojafoji
November 10th, 2009, 04:35 PM
Quagga Mussel Inspector
For the Califonia State Parks
found a pearl in a mussel once. was really small.
[/randomoffshoot]

Rook
November 10th, 2009, 04:35 PM
get a job? think i'll pass.

paladin
November 10th, 2009, 05:18 PM
get a job? think i'll pass.

lol. who would hire you anyways? craigslist?

Cojafoji
November 10th, 2009, 05:23 PM
lol. who would hire you anyways? craigslist?
hey now, i contract out on craigslist under the erotic services, i mean, uh, the computer repair section.

<_<

*COUGH COUGH COUGH*I'M A HOOKER*COUGH COUGH COUGH*

paladin
November 10th, 2009, 05:25 PM
Too bad they charge $10 now for personal ads :\

Corndogman
November 11th, 2009, 08:15 PM
No real job currently (really don't need one atm) but I have a internship lined up for next summer where my mom works in the IT department. I also will probably be doing some 3d stuff for their advertising and what not. Also my friends mom want to pay me $150 to make a logo design for her company. Besides that I'm a part time high school/other part time 3d animation student.

Bodzilla
November 12th, 2009, 03:19 AM
Cabinet maker.

i dont mind the job i just cant stand the people.
small buisness owners with no watchdogs and small workforces dwevoid of unions or protection

fuckign gay.

n00b1n8R
November 12th, 2009, 04:17 AM
Do you know if all Cabinet maker places are full of dicks or could it just be your rednecks?

king_nothing_
November 12th, 2009, 05:29 AM
Professional poker player.

Dwood
November 12th, 2009, 05:46 AM
Cabinet maker.

i dont mind the job i just cant stand the people.
small buisness owners with no watchdogs and small workforces dwevoid of unions or protection

Sounds like a personal problem to me.

Con
November 12th, 2009, 07:58 PM

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/9637/pokerowned.jpg
:realsmug:

I've done some random construction and finishing jobs.

Yoko
November 12th, 2009, 08:20 PM
Also my friends mom want to pay me $150 to make a logo design for her company.
I got $150 for making a logo and letterhead for my mom's company a year ago and it went right to my computer. It's the easiest $150 you'll ever make :-3

ultama121
November 12th, 2009, 08:43 PM
king is crazy irl
How much money do you make from that stuff? :v:

TheGhost
November 12th, 2009, 09:03 PM

I am playing in a company tournament tomorrow plz give me some advice! I have two hours to rack up as many chips as possible. The chip leader at the end of the two hour session tomorrow will advance to the final table sometime next week with the winners of the other sessions.

king_nothing_
November 13th, 2009, 01:53 AM
I am playing in a company tournament tomorrow plz give me some advice! I have two hours to rack up as many chips as possible. The chip leader at the end of the two hour session tomorrow will advance to the final table sometime next week with the winners of the other sessions.
Well in a company tournament I would expect the majority of the players to be completely terrible, so my advice would be to play pretty tight. Only play very good starting hands, and play your good hands aggressively. Don't try to get fancy. Don't slow play your good hands to try to "trap" someone, just bet, bet, bet. Shitty players don't like to fold, so that's the best way to extract money from them. Don't try to bluff bad players, either (which most of them probably are, so don't try any big bluffs at all, I would say).

TheGhost
November 13th, 2009, 09:39 AM
Ok, that sounds like a good plan. I'll let you know what happens, haha.

StankBacon
November 13th, 2009, 11:20 AM
lmao king.

king_nothing_
November 13th, 2009, 04:07 PM
What. :downs:

TheGhost
November 13th, 2009, 07:24 PM
I won! I thought I was donezo but then I caught a lucky break and started getting stuff done once I had some chips.

Final table next week.

Phopojijo
November 13th, 2009, 07:40 PM
Congrats -- for the final table... show everyone your cards -- they won't know what hit 'em...

Trulife8342
November 15th, 2009, 10:35 AM
Last week I took marketing down for several stores in my area, meaning I wasn't going to promote MW2 any longer, I also allowed customers in those stores to return the game even if the seal was broken so they could get something else (not cash) and I did a few other things cause MW2 was over-hyped and my bonus money went to promoting them.

I get a call from my regional manager telling me that we need to talk, I drive an hour to his office and he shook my hand and was pretty much telling me all the rules I broke as an area manager, I thought I was going to get fired or demoted but my regional manager told me that the game was terrible and he can't believed that the christmas bonuses for district and area managers were taken away so that MW2 could have high-quality clock timers. I ended up getting my bonus back AND a 2 dollar raise.

I love my job.

BobtheGreatII
November 15th, 2009, 10:39 AM
I work at a Vet...

hobojoe
November 15th, 2009, 10:42 AM
Last week I took marketing down for several stores in my area, meaning I wasn't going to promote MW2 any longer, I also allowed customers in those stores to return the game even if the seal was broken so they could get something else (not cash) and I did a few other things cause MW2 was over-hyped and my bonus money went to promoting them.

I get a call from my regional manager telling me that we need to talk, I drive an hour to his office and he shook my hand and was pretty much telling me all the rules I broke as an area manager, I thought I was going to get fired or demoted but my regional manager told me that the game was terrible and he can't believed that the christmas bonuses for district and area managers were taken away so that MW2 could have high-quality clock timers. I ended up getting my bonus back AND a 2 dollar raise.

I love my job.

Win. That's awesome!

TheGhost
November 15th, 2009, 11:48 AM
Huge balls. Great story.

Dwood
November 15th, 2009, 02:18 PM

I love my job.

Oh man I would have fallen over dead.

Higuy
November 15th, 2009, 04:24 PM
I work at a marina, fuel boats up, put them in the water, work at the gas dock, etc.

Varmint260
November 15th, 2009, 04:24 PM
Unemployed at the moment. Was working for Public Works until October, and now I'm back on the prowl to get my apprenticeship as a Heavy Duty Mechanic started. However, considering the state the economy is in, I'm thinking of going full-time as a student next year to get an Engineering degree.

Corndogman
November 17th, 2009, 06:51 PM
I got $150 for making a logo and letterhead for my mom's company a year ago and it went right to my computer. It's the easiest $150 you'll ever make :-3

Yeah, but I'm not so confident in my graphic design skills as I've never really done that sort of thing before. Why do people always assume you can do anything they ask if you're good with computers?

Yoko
November 17th, 2009, 09:08 PM
If it's for a company, you don't need to make anything super fancy spectacular. Simple, clean and readable is what they want, but make a few designs for them to pick from.

PenGuin1362
November 18th, 2009, 11:08 AM
Full time student during the usual college months. Dell Lab Technician over the summer. <3 money

Rob Oplawar
November 18th, 2009, 01:09 PM
I just got offered a job to do work for a company that contracts for JPL (the Jet Propulsion Laboratory, which works for/with NASA on a lot of things). Since I would be working on contract under my current employer, that means I would be a sub-sub-sub-contractor for the government. :shake:

paladin
November 18th, 2009, 01:12 PM
Poster child of America...

SiriusTexra
November 19th, 2009, 03:29 PM
Flash banners. I pretty much have to talk to the cream of the crop in advertising and marketing shills, all their demographics piss me off, but it's an easy fun job I guess If I ignore the evil part about it.

http://www.nivea.com.au/highlights/local_highlight/nvs_young_free_music

Lately been doing more of these though. Seems really high frame rate though compared to when I worked on it at work, guess my home computer is leagues better. And yes, I did have to listen to that fucking noise over and over again making this thing.

Cortexian
November 24th, 2009, 01:05 AM
Got my Canadian Forces interview, aptitude test, and medical exam on Thursday... So it looks like Thursday is going to be the beginning of the end of my freedom!

Freelancer may soon stop posting!

paladin
November 24th, 2009, 01:43 AM
Canadian Forces

I cant stop myself but... Lol.

http://umpbump.com/press/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/canada-mountie.gif

Corndogman
November 24th, 2009, 05:57 PM
The nations finest right there!

Cortexian
November 24th, 2009, 06:28 PM
RCMP are a far, far, far cry from the Canadian Forces.

Try:
yBbdyuo9vik

paladin
November 24th, 2009, 08:47 PM
All I see are Canadians using American technology :p

Cortexian
November 24th, 2009, 11:22 PM
That's funny because all I see is Canadians using Canadian and European technology... You know that the rifles we use are Colt Canada C7/C8 rifles, greatly improved versions of the Colt weapons used by most American military personnel...

paladin
November 24th, 2009, 11:26 PM
I wasnt looking at the guns..

Cojafoji
November 25th, 2009, 10:42 AM
ok people, relax. this canadian/us rivalry has got to stop, eh?

anyway, picked up a job selling myself on the corner. haven't made any money, and i've been at it three weeks. pimp is threatening to murder me. D:

Ganon
November 25th, 2009, 11:22 AM
ok people, relax. this canadian/us rivalry has got to stop, eh?

anyway, picked up a job selling myself on the corner. haven't made any money, and i've been at it three weeks. pimp is threatening to murder me. D:

$5

Cortexian
November 25th, 2009, 10:20 PM
I wasnt looking at the guns..
I wasn't just referring to the guns in the first bit of my comment. Most of our vehicles are from Europe or elsewhere overseas, our combats are Canadian, our gear is Canadian...

Cojafoji
November 25th, 2009, 10:46 PM
$5
$5 gets you six hours in paradise baby...

Ganon
November 25th, 2009, 10:50 PM
$5 gets you six hours in paradise baby...

I'm buying for my hoarse

Kalub
November 25th, 2009, 11:03 PM
I work for a local ISP fixing computers and installing internet at peoples houses. I run cat5 all day and use powertools, plus I get a pimpin' truck to cruise fo hoes in.

$8/hr >_<

paladin
November 26th, 2009, 02:48 AM
I run use powertools

$8/hr >_<

Will you run one in my butt hole?