PDA

View Full Version : [TF2] Post your class(es)

ICEE
November 12th, 2009, 01:29 AM
Seems like all TF2 related topics eventually come to this, so why not make a thread? I searched around and there was another class thread in the prehistoric days (Emmzee made it) but I figure with updates and such things have probably changed.

I play sniper, spy and engineer. I'll use both sniper rifle and huntsman depending on the map and situation. Usually huntsman. I play spy for fun really, it entertains me more than any other class. I play engineer when I want to win. (:realsmug:)

n00b1n8R
November 12th, 2009, 01:38 AM
Engineers don't win. They just don't loose. :eng101:

Spy (Since xmas 07 :realsmug:), Medic since then too (out of practice, need to get my BATTLEMEDIK on more), Scoot since ~August 08 (out of practice but it's still fun) and soldier when I need to be credit to team (and we've got decent medics already).

CN3089
November 12th, 2009, 04:27 AM
I see I'm the only person who knows how to vote in a checkbox poll.

Cagerrin
November 12th, 2009, 04:46 AM
Mostly Pyro. Used to play Heavy a lot, though not much since the Scout update. Spy occasionally, mostly on Well(can't play Spy at all on other maps).

Bodzilla
November 12th, 2009, 06:02 AM

http://www.modacity.net/forums/images/customavatars/avatar466_32.gif

flibitijibibo
November 12th, 2009, 10:49 AM
I go between Sniper, Spy, and Medic, depending on what's needed most. Also, I have a grand total of 00:00 on the Engineer.

Yoko
November 12th, 2009, 11:14 AM
I play all the classes depending on what works best for what the other team is using. Scoot, Soldier and Spy usually work best for me though. Been getting good at long-range Sandman bonks lately though, people gettin mad :cirnosmug:

Only 2 votes for demoman? You guys are racist!

Ganon
November 12th, 2009, 11:23 AM
demoman is only good for afk lulz

full time scout

InnerGoat
November 12th, 2009, 01:27 PM

No you're not

Aerowyn
November 12th, 2009, 01:45 PM
I play Pyro and Engineer mostly... sniper is my other class but I don't play it as much anymore so I didn't put it in my vote. Me playing as scout is moving up though.

Sel
November 12th, 2009, 02:02 PM
BATTLEMEDIK

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l42/selentic/Emotes/getout.gif

n00b1n8R
November 12th, 2009, 02:42 PM
get your profag shit out of this thread sel

Jelly
November 12th, 2009, 03:15 PM
calling all the bullshitters out on their medic votes.

n00b1n8R
November 12th, 2009, 03:27 PM
57 carrier hours (on my old account)

Heathen
November 12th, 2009, 03:34 PM
Scout, Soldier, Pyro, Engineer, Sniper, and Spy.

sdavis117
November 12th, 2009, 03:54 PM
I play all the classes except for the last three (even though I will go Spy if there is an enemy Sentry blocking the path and no one is willing to kill it themselves).

Bodzilla
November 12th, 2009, 07:44 PM
i was gunna heal mah crew, but then i got spied.
woah oah oh.
Bluntsaeger, uber too but then i got spiiiied
NA na na na
now i'm playin pyro AND I KNOW WHY!!!!
yeAH!!!
but then i got spied
then i got spied
then i got spied
la da da da.

itszutak
November 12th, 2009, 08:09 PM
calling all the bullshitters out on their medic votes.
I play medic plenty, I use the bonesaw to crit people and then run away

p0lar_bear
November 13th, 2009, 05:03 AM
I'm the least useless as a W+M1 pyro and a medic, at least on the PC version.

Though on the XBox version, I'm a decent defensive Spy and a fairly decent Scout, mostly due to how Halo 3 and Cod 4 (probably now Cod MW2) suck up all the profags like a ShamWOO!

Phobias
November 13th, 2009, 08:02 AM
Whatever class is needed when playing pubs, my clan seems to think I'm a good medic... the bastards just don't want to be a medic so they got a new guy and said "hey, you get the most 'important' class in the game!" :shakesfist:

Heathen
November 13th, 2009, 04:22 PM
I'm the least useless as a W+M1 pyro and a medic, at least on the PC version.

Though on the XBox version, I'm a decent defensive Spy and a fairly decent Scout, mostly due to how Halo 3 and Cod 4 (probably now Cod MW2) suck up all the profags like a ShamWOO!

I am afraid I dont see how w+m1 would even work...wouldnt that mean everytime you walk you blwo fire?

I have seen that saying before and always thought that.

p0lar_bear
November 13th, 2009, 04:39 PM
I am afraid I dont see how w+m1 would even work...wouldnt that mean everytime you walk you blwo fire?

I have seen that saying before and always thought that.

The expression spawned from people frustrated at pyros that dominate, saying that pyro is such an easy class to play, all you need to do is chase people down with the flamethrower burning to get kills, the flamethrower takes no skill, etc etc baww.

ICEE
November 13th, 2009, 04:50 PM
Pyros are easy to play. It's pretty much fact. However I find that as pyro, it is not only easy to get kills, but you die quickly too. Its like the purpose of a pyro is to soften up the enemy lines and create fiery chaos, and then be disposed of. The only time I really worry about running into a pyro is while I am a spy (for obvious reasons).

Heathen
November 13th, 2009, 05:11 PM
Pyros are easy to play. It's pretty much fact. However I find that as pyro, it is not only easy to get kills, but you die quickly too. Its like the purpose of a pyro is to soften up the enemy lines and create fiery chaos, and then be disposed of. The only time I really worry about running into a pyro is while I am a spy (for obvious reasons).

I dont really die that easily :/

Anything with a powerful weapon can be deflected back (i.e. rockets, flaregun, arrows, demo everything) and anything else can be avoided. Its even fireproof so their is no threat of pyro's. Only time I die is when I get sniped.

ICEE
November 13th, 2009, 05:14 PM
actually I think other pyros are the greatest threat. The flamethrower cannot ignite the pyro for long, but it still does a shit ton of damage. Especially if they are douchebags use the backburner and just happen to come up behind me.

Bodzilla
November 13th, 2009, 06:00 PM
i was gunna roll demo, but then i got spied.
woah oah oh.
spam until i had no ammo but then i got spiiiied
NA na na na
now i cant stop the cap point AND I KNOW WHY!!!!
yeAH!!!
but then i got spied
then i got spied
then i got spied
la da da da.!

Heathen
November 13th, 2009, 06:01 PM
actually I think other pyros are the greatest threat. The flamethrower cannot ignite the pyro for long, but it still does a shit ton of damage. Especially if they are douchebags use the backburner and just happen to come up behind me.

Meh, just jump around. People are confounded when pyro's jump.

ultama121
November 13th, 2009, 08:42 PM
Scoot, Soljeer, Pyo

Sel
November 14th, 2009, 02:16 AM

I use the backburner and I am a pro, you have to be fucking good with the airblast to reflect every little thing the enemy throws at you, and I'd prefer to be sneakier, kill them in ~1 second, and have a cooler looking flamethrower to boot.

Rook
November 14th, 2009, 04:48 AM
I use the backburner and I am a pro, you have to be fucking good with the airblast to reflect every little thing the enemy throws at you, and I'd prefer to be sneakier, kill them in ~1 second, and have a cooler looking flamethrower to boot.

You've already forgotten...

http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/natural/0da6598d71615666576ca196edc98a4c65e74486.png

Timo
November 14th, 2009, 06:41 AM
Haven't played in a while now, but I generally play sniper, then every other class depended on what is needed. Except for spy. I'm a terrible spy.

Sel
November 14th, 2009, 10:15 AM
You've already forgotten...

http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/natural/0da6598d71615666576ca196edc98a4c65e74486.png

Haha, good times~

ZeRk`
November 14th, 2009, 12:56 PM
I play Pyro the most because I'm noob.
@SIG~~~

ICEE
November 14th, 2009, 03:33 PM

You are a pro pyro but you struggle with airblast reflecting? whenever I play pyro I will run out of ammo from having reflected every damn thing.

Sel
November 14th, 2009, 04:14 PM
You are a pro pyro but you struggle with airblast reflecting? whenever I play pyro I will run out of ammo from having reflected every damn thing.

And what do you have to show for it?

A piddly bit of damage and on occasion a kill?

In the meantime your flamethrower is empty before you can do shit, sorry.

Bodzilla
November 14th, 2009, 04:16 PM

me and my medic took down 8 players, 3 of which we where ubered, the rest i was fighting off back burning pyros, soldiers, demo's heavys and scout (no engys :S) i saved my medics life 3 or 4 times by puffing him and we capped the final point and won.
it was an epic push

(airblast does more then deflect shit Hth)

sdavis117
November 14th, 2009, 05:10 PM
I've had many a grateful teammate when I have saved them with an airblast, if it be extiguishing them, deflecting rockets, or even a few times deflecting an arrow from hitting them in the head (I still have yet to kill a Sniper with his own arrow though).

Yoko
November 14th, 2009, 06:04 PM

More points make you a better player then if you use backburner? :realsmug:

I'd rather be extinguishing teammates and blasting stickies away from nests, and generally being a credit to team

Sel
November 14th, 2009, 06:49 PM
me and my medic took down 8 players, 3 of which we where ubered, the rest i was fighting off back burning pyros, soldiers, demo's heavys and scout (no engys :S) i saved my medics life 3 or 4 times by puffing him and we capped the final point and won.
it was an epic push

(airblast does more then deflect shit Hth)

A good medic with a good healing buddy won't catch fire in the first place though, so uh, sorry again!

Unless you're talking about pubs with more than 12 players, in which case you can just throw all this out the window because skeelz don't mean shit there!!

Also congrats on your 8 kill streak, I get that regularly by gettin behind the cart, in a much shorter time and no medic, guess you suck!!

Jelly
November 14th, 2009, 08:14 PM
Stop playing pyro scrubs.

n00b1n8R
November 14th, 2009, 08:15 PM

Selentic will you marry me?

A good medic with a good healing buddy won't catch fire in the first place though, so uh, sorry again!

Unless you're talking about pubs with more than 12 players, in which case you can just throw all this out the window because skeelz don't mean shit there!!

Also congrats on your 8 kill streak, I get that regularly by gettin behind the cart, in a much shorter time and no medic, guess you suck!!
wait, no you're a profag fuck off~

Sel
November 15th, 2009, 12:10 AM
:(

Rook
November 15th, 2009, 12:57 AM
Sel uses this btw, makes him play better according to him

jgChL55hCBw

ICEE
November 15th, 2009, 01:18 AM
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z295/iron_clad_photo/spy.jpg

Just got spymaster. Seems pretty decent to me, I've only played spy for about a month or so

Bodzilla
November 15th, 2009, 01:54 AM

gay as fuck

Heathen
November 15th, 2009, 02:21 AM
(I still have yet to kill a Sniper with his own arrow though).

killed a scout with it :realsmug:

p0lar_bear
November 15th, 2009, 07:22 AM
It was probably a Sandman scout.

:smug:

Mass
November 15th, 2009, 02:49 PM
Heavy, because people just fucking run at me for no reason and get owned (constantly jumping shotgun heavy is so many lulz, too)

Plus, offensive engie or engie in arena is really fun, combine level one with competent shotgun use for quick kills.

ICEE
November 15th, 2009, 10:23 PM
People really underestimate engies. So often a medic or a heavy or sniper will switch to their melee weapon to deal with lil old me, and end up shotgunfaced

Heathen
November 15th, 2009, 10:46 PM
People really underestimate engies. So often a medic or a heavy or sniper will switch to their melee weapon to deal with lil old me, and end up shotgunfaced

Is it just me or is the Engie's shotgun like....better than all the others?

ICEE
November 16th, 2009, 12:07 AM
It isn't. Its the same as pyro/soldier/heavy to my knowledge. Its just that its the primary weapon for engie, not secondary. No one uses secondary weapons.. Unless their demoman

Bodzilla
November 16th, 2009, 12:08 AM
that and the engy crits a dickload from all the assists and hills he gets with his sentrys

paladin
November 16th, 2009, 12:59 AM
Medic and Pyro

Bodzilla
November 16th, 2009, 01:25 AM
Medic and Pyro

airblast or backburner?

that is the question.

Rook
November 16th, 2009, 01:59 AM
No one uses secondary weapons.. Unless their demoman

:tinfoil:

Needles
November 16th, 2009, 06:42 PM
Engineers don't win. They just don't loose. :eng101:

Unless your the only engineer on a 16 vs 16 on convoy, and keep the intel safe alone through 7 ubers for 45 min straight while dominating a scout and 2 spies :realsmug:

Sel
November 16th, 2009, 06:45 PM
airblast or backburner?

that is the question.

that's a dumb question

shut the fuck up

ICEE
November 16th, 2009, 06:48 PM
that's a dumb question

shut the fuck up

Why so flustered :realsmug:

Bodzilla
November 16th, 2009, 07:26 PM
cause he's a nube that cant handle soldiers :giggle:

Bodzilla
November 16th, 2009, 07:27 PM
also if you want to kill people quickly from behind...

play spy
hth.

sdavis117
November 16th, 2009, 07:42 PM
Am I the only one who will sometimes go to Sniper, immediately switch to the Kukri, charge straight into the battle, and actually do good?

Fun shit.

Sel
November 16th, 2009, 08:24 PM
cause he's a nube that cant handle soldiers :giggle:

1v1 :]

ICEE
November 16th, 2009, 08:39 PM

Yeah, k, have fun hiding around corners. The cool people will be off using real mans weapons.

Cortexian
November 16th, 2009, 09:03 PM
Pyro, Engineer, Heavy.

Jelly
November 17th, 2009, 08:21 AM
Aussie server!