PDA

View Full Version : Castle (TV Show)

Kornman00
December 1st, 2009, 12:06 PM
I searched for a thread for this show but nutin' came up. At least in OT.

So, anyone else watch this show? I just started season 1; really liking it so far. Especially the detective. Mmmmmmmmmmm. Nathon does a good job being the thorn in her side, sort to speak.

Anyway, just watched the episode where he threw in the "bam, said the lady. another one of my best sellers" line and thought I'd post about it. Could have sworn I saw a thread (or maybe just a post) about this earlier...but I may have just been moda while I was wikipediaing, causing cross talk :ugh:

Zilla edit:
JyZc_aY1vnE
TV promo for people that have never heard about this show before!

(people like me)

LesserOf2Evils
December 1st, 2009, 12:10 PM
Mr roomate loves it. I personally found it very predictable after about the third episode.

Cojafoji
December 1st, 2009, 01:55 PM
I think Castle is a pretty cool guy. eh writes books and doesn't afraid of anything...

no but seriously, great show. i loved the Halloween episode.

NuggetWarmer
December 1st, 2009, 04:30 PM
Halloween episode is best episode. :D

I love this show.

Heathen
December 1st, 2009, 05:23 PM
Never heard of it but am googling it now.

E: eh, seems kind of textbook.

Ifafudafi
December 1st, 2009, 06:43 PM
Really, the core concept is nothing exciting and nothing new. It's another goddamn formulaic crime serial.

The main draw is the brilliant writing and acting. The fact that Nathan Fillion is even present should be enough to pique anyone's interest, but he and the cop lady really knock the classic Unresolved Sexual TensionĀ© based relationship out of the park. Now, some later episodes have focused more on the crimes (which are boring and predictable) and less on the people, but when it does it right, it does it well.

Judge your interest accordingly

BobtheGreatII
December 1st, 2009, 06:48 PM
I didn't like Castle when it first came out, but now i've started watching it and it's not too bad.

Cortexian
December 1st, 2009, 06:49 PM
Halloween episode is best episode. :D

I love this show.
The Firefly tie-in at the beginning was the best part by far. I'm addicted to this show because Nathan Fillion is by far one of the most epic people ever.

n00b1n8R
December 1st, 2009, 07:41 PM
I watch it occasionally but it feels too predictable/done before and better tbh.

Sel
December 1st, 2009, 07:43 PM
Curb your enthusiasm is better.

neuro
December 2nd, 2009, 12:58 AM
all i think when i see it is ANOTHER typical american show with poor humor :/

Bodzilla
December 2nd, 2009, 01:03 AM
looks pretty cool actually.

n00b1n8R
December 2nd, 2009, 03:24 AM
all i think when i see it is ANOTHER typical american show with poor humor :/

Bodzilla
December 2nd, 2009, 03:28 AM
well yeah,

but NATHON FILLION

he's fucking shit hot man :D

SiriusTexra
December 2nd, 2009, 03:51 AM
Upright Citizens Brigade > all of it.

n00b1n8R
December 2nd, 2009, 03:57 AM
well yeah,

but NATHON FILLION

he's fucking shit hot man :D
ODST made me dislike him.
Haven't seen firefly.
vOv

Bodzilla
December 2nd, 2009, 04:39 AM
HERESY.

seriously do it, i came when i saw the episode "out of gas"
best Television experience i have ever had BAR NONE.

PopeAK49
December 2nd, 2009, 08:59 PM
Ya. Show is really funny at times. I like those lie to me and mentalist type shows.

Kornman00
February 14th, 2012, 06:20 AM
The show has been making me ':raise:' lately. However, last night's episode just made me completely ':fail:'

I'm expecting this entire season to be coughed up to Kate having been in a coma, causing these far fetched dreams, from the events in last season's finale. I mean, there's no other explanation for the silly shit they're trying to pass for plots.

This show... :facepalm:

In other news, Fringe is too fucking good.

Bodzilla
February 14th, 2012, 06:40 AM
this happens alot with american tv though.

they have some guys sit down and really think through what they want the show to revolve around, plot points directions ect for ages and agess until they finally show them.
But being the way these television networks are they never think about long term and sustaining a show by continuously developing it, eventually they loose story and go for wacky weird far fetched scenarios to bring in the viewers and then after that... they die.

there isn't many shows and networks that work any differently however.
Dr Who and the BBC are probably the best examples of them re-inventing the show and continuing on.