PDA

View Full Version : Fortune Biscuit

Rob Oplawar
January 5th, 2010, 07:43 PM
www.fortunebiscuit.com

A silly thing a friend and I hacked up in 45 minutes, including the time it took me to bake and photograph a biscuit.

It works nearly the same was as mysterygoogle, except it's even more completely useless- you enter a fortune and then you get back the fortune the person before you entered. I might actually go ahead and turn this into more than a 20-line script and add a system for viewing and rating past fortunes and things like that, and probably add some googleads on the bottom, but right now I cba.

Con
January 5th, 2010, 07:59 PM
Make it random fortunes instead of the last. The last one was mine :(

Rob Oplawar
January 5th, 2010, 08:11 PM
I like it better this way- it's a poor man's way of discouraging people from spamming lots of fortunes and preventing people who play nice from getting one of their own fortunes or the same fortune repeatedly. Like I said, I cba to make it more complex to do proper implementations of the above right now.

FreedomFighter7
January 5th, 2010, 08:17 PM
Is it alright if I enter: "You're a n*****"? No banning?

Rob Oplawar
January 5th, 2010, 08:35 PM
I should probably post a disclaimer on there somewhere saying 'the views expressed in the fortunes are those of the individual and in no way reflect the views of the owners of the website, please don't sue me because some guy couldn't maintain a civil tongue'

kid908
January 5th, 2010, 08:40 PM
LMAO I'm checking back here each day.

Hotrod
January 6th, 2010, 03:58 PM
Somebody told me I was going to die in 10 minutes...if it's true, somebody's getting their ass haunted.

JPEG
January 7th, 2010, 02:45 AM
it was correct, i was displeased with my virtual biscuit.

Dwood
January 9th, 2010, 12:45 PM
I am going to be abducted by ninjas today D:

Cortexian
January 11th, 2010, 05:21 AM
"I raped a InnerGoat, In her goat."