PDA

View Full Version : I almost killed Rossmum

Cortexian
January 21st, 2010, 06:03 AM
I'm sure he will detail it in an exaggerated and graphic manner later... Here are some pictures to whet your appetites!

http://leimg.lancersedge.com/images/51675366132953251557.jpg

http://leimg.lancersedge.com/images/40625448556145901348.jpg

More fog pics:

http://leimg.lancersedge.com/images/09572783306268725368.jpg

http://leimg.lancersedge.com/images/45544970153951378464.jpg

http://leimg.lancersedge.com/images/68958272000803959183.jpg

http://leimg.lancersedge.com/images/31019557197615273454.jpg

StankBacon
January 21st, 2010, 06:08 AM
:|

Cortexian
January 21st, 2010, 06:12 AM
Oh and I should note that the thread title has almost no correlation to the first picture...

StankBacon
January 21st, 2010, 06:13 AM
did you guys drink sour puss and get buzzed?

Tucker933
January 21st, 2010, 06:30 AM
Heh, this sounds like it could be an interesting story.

Limited
January 21st, 2010, 06:48 AM
Heh, this sounds like it could be an interesting story.
Sounds very dodgy if you ask me...

:D

Cortexian
January 21st, 2010, 06:57 AM
did you guys drink sour puss and get buzzed?
Actually no, the only drinking involved was a couple pints of Keith's after airsoft at a Boston Pizza Bar/Lounge... These drinks had absolutely no impact on anything Rossmum may like you to believe by the way!

Bodzilla
January 21st, 2010, 07:57 AM
for gods sake rossmum get some bloody hair.

blind
January 21st, 2010, 10:33 AM
LMFAO

Rook
January 21st, 2010, 12:09 PM
LMFAO

Your meeting up next

blind
January 21st, 2010, 12:23 PM
modacity peeps cant handle me stylin on them =P

Dwood
January 21st, 2010, 12:30 PM
No talk of planes, I presume?

rossmum
January 21st, 2010, 12:45 PM
the fog last night was just beyond fucked. we literally couldn't see more than 10-20 metres in front of us and so we missed the exit turnoff to get back to my sister's place. freelancer, being an alcohol-crazed jeep driver, did a fucking u-turn across the dividing strip in the middle of the fucking freeway, drove back a bit, did it again, and then crawled along until i spotted the lines on the road marking an exit (signs were nigh impossible to see, let alone read). the best part though was when we hit the t-intersection that goes into her street and neither of us realised how close we were to it. i spotted the sign first and freaked out because we were still going along at a fair clip. not to be bested by mere fog and permafrost, freelancer took the turn at full speed, resulting in us drifting literally sideways off of the road and into someone's gravelled front yard (sorry about your gravel!!!). it was wicked fun.

oh yeah and you guys probably won't believe me but freelancer is nowhere near as much of a tool as his posts make him seem to be irl. don't despair, i, too was amazed.

kev, got the flames game on tonight but there may be another piss-up opportunity tomorrow night when we get back from banff

InnerGoat
January 21st, 2010, 12:59 PM
Wow I was certain that Freelancer was going to kill you IRL.. thank goodness you made it out alive :ohdear: Congrats on not dying.

oh yeah and you guys probably won't believe me but freelancer is nowhere near as much of a tool as his posts make him seem to be irl. don't despair, i, too was amazed.

That's how everyone is seriously get outside more often
:allears:

rossmum
January 21st, 2010, 01:03 PM
ok

well i'm probably moving back to canada within 5-10 years (honestly would be less but i don't want to go jack on my mates and quit the army any sooner, only thing keeping me in australia currently). sorry bodie, dane, chin and phob, but it's too hot and there's fuck all to do. you can come to canada with me though if you want.

oh and point to note, canadian chicks are fucking amazing. better prospects than australia. trust me.

Cojafoji
January 21st, 2010, 01:44 PM
canadian girls are more attractive. this i will not dispute.

hry
January 21st, 2010, 01:47 PM
wow lol

Corndogman
January 21st, 2010, 02:39 PM
canadian girls are more attractive. this i will not dispute.

Yep, once you teach them how to pronounce "about" properly, they're pretty cool.

Cagerrin
January 21st, 2010, 02:41 PM
Yep, once you teach them how to pronounce "about" properly, they're pretty cool.
have been living in canada for, oh, fifteen years or so, never heard anyone pronounce it "aboot".

paladin
January 21st, 2010, 02:46 PM
thats because you hear it wrong

ultama121
January 21st, 2010, 03:04 PM
Haha, didn't expect you guys to get along irl.

Heathen
January 21st, 2010, 03:32 PM
have been living in canada for, oh, fifteen years or so, never heard anyone pronounce it "aboot".

because you hear it in canadian.

blind
January 21st, 2010, 03:46 PM
gtfo amerifags. canadian girls are hot as fuck.

Heathen
January 21st, 2010, 03:48 PM
http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2008/6/16/633492180713090274-canada.jpg

seems that way

rossmum
January 21st, 2010, 03:59 PM
only newfies do that, newfies are just weird though

Heathen
January 21st, 2010, 04:02 PM
Googled newfies and got this
http://thenewfworld.com/images/wilson2jpg.jpg

Wikipedia was much more helpful though.

Newfoundlanders fyi.

Bodzilla
January 21st, 2010, 04:19 PM
ok

well i'm probably moving back to canada within 5-10 years (honestly would be less but i don't want to go jack on my mates and quit the army any sooner, only thing keeping me in australia currently). sorry bodie, dane, chin and phob, but it's too hot and there's fuck all to do. you can come to canada with me though if you want.

oh and point to note, canadian chicks are fucking amazing. better prospects than australia. trust me.
also

my 21st is in a few weeks, you still gunna make it?

rossmum
January 21st, 2010, 04:24 PM
fuck oath i am

Bodzilla
January 21st, 2010, 04:28 PM
chicka-chicki-chicka-woooo

CN3089
January 21st, 2010, 04:35 PM
because you hear it in canadian.

or because, shock and horror, canadians also have regional dialects just like america

nobody says aboot around here, hth.

efb

rossmum
January 21st, 2010, 04:39 PM
or because, shock and horror, canadians also have regional dialects just like america

efb
eh

Cagerrin
January 21st, 2010, 04:40 PM
eh
hnh

blind
January 21st, 2010, 04:42 PM
kyon how is MCMASTER UNIVERSITY LOCATED IN HAMILTON

rossmum
January 21st, 2010, 04:46 PM
hnh
my dad's cousin wallace ends literally every other sentence in 'eh' and he speaks so fast it's usually the only word you can pick up on lol

in all seriousness though i find myself saying it more since i moved to australia. it seems they too have an affinity for eh

Bodzilla
January 21st, 2010, 04:47 PM
eh?

Cortexian
January 21st, 2010, 05:11 PM
:o

Look what I found on my phone:
http://leimg.lancersedge.com/images/77858012566792685124.jpg

Varmint260
January 21st, 2010, 05:11 PM
People around here rarely use "Eh". Well, except for certain residents of a certain reserve down the hill from my place; some put a lot of extra effort into sounding Canadian and the result... isn't exactly flattering. Yeah, let's call it that.

Also, fog is cool. Though we don't get a lot of fog, everyone with fog lights around town always has them on. Like "OMG cool I have fog lights everyone look I have fog lights!" I guess they're looking for fog.

Can't wait to move to a bigger center so I can hang out with cool guys like you! Not being sarcastic by the way.

blind
January 21st, 2010, 05:15 PM
ontario supremacy

Cortexian
January 21st, 2010, 05:26 PM
Even around here I don't notice a whole lot of people saying "eh" very often. It might just be because I'm used to it by now but idk...

Also, the fog was horribad on the highway...
http://leimg.lancersedge.com/images/28624962937156062697.jpg

Sign was about 50 feet away... Without the street lights in the city there I wouldn't have been able to see it until much closer.

Donut
January 21st, 2010, 05:29 PM
sounds like you guys had a good time
im jealous

rossmum
January 21st, 2010, 05:59 PM
yeah it was p good

Amit
January 21st, 2010, 06:01 PM
kyon how is MCMASTER UNIVERSITY LOCATED IN HAMILTON

Because it is? My friend's girlfriend goes there.

gtfo amerifags. canadian girls are hot as fuck.

Canadian girls, American girls...they look the same, sound the same, act teh same. And I'm generalizing.

efb

Really? I always noticed that people from all parts of the country have no accent, provided they have no foreign related accents (including accents developed in a home).

rossmum
January 21st, 2010, 06:02 PM
you have evidently never spoken to a newfie

StankBacon
January 21st, 2010, 06:21 PM
my cousins who live in Minnesota say aboot.

Cortexian
January 21st, 2010, 06:25 PM
Americans say "aboot" a hell of a lot more than we do, I've never met a Canadian that doesn't pronounce it "about".

@Amit: You don't hang out with many girls do you? American and Canadian chicks are very different, though I assume it depends on the area you're comparing.

Anyway, someone get me a way to contact CtrlAltDestroy, Ross and I want to meet up with him before he goes back to Aussieland.

Reaper Man
January 21st, 2010, 06:34 PM
I almost killed RossmumStop slacking and finish the job!

Amit
January 21st, 2010, 06:40 PM
you have evidently never spoken to a newfie

Hmm, actually you're right, they do speak sort of different, but it's still sounds normal to me. A good friend of mine moved down here from NFL only three years ago. She fits right in down here.

Amit: You don't hang out with many girls do you?

Not many American ones anyways, but I've been to the United States a good few times. Mostly in the eastern states, but I've been to California, Arizona, Montana, Texas and Nebraska. Hanged with some people. They all seemed normal enough to me, well in comparison to some of the eastern states. Some of them may have had an accent of some kind, but they seemed to operate the same as Canadians. The main problem would be that I've never been west of Ontario, and only as far east as Quebec, so I'm not so sure what girls are like in the other parts of Canada.

American and Canadian chicks are very different, though I assume it depends on the area you're comparing.

Well, I said generally speaking. However, you are correct when talking about comparing two areas...it is quite difficult. I dunno, I don't spend my time thinking about it too much.

StankBacon
January 21st, 2010, 06:44 PM
curious if LreeFancer has ever been to the U.S.A.?

rossmum
January 21st, 2010, 07:03 PM
OH OH GUYS

before i forget,

you all remember freelancer's big gay g36 he put so much time and money into? the one in the photo of the two of us?

HE BROKE IT AND HAD TO USE HIS MK.23 ALL NIGHT LOL

Cortexian
January 21st, 2010, 07:04 PM
Been to the U.S.A multiple times, have some cousins down there that I see every few years. And we've been there on holiday a few times (again in March this year, Florida area and then a Caribbean cruise).

Also yea, G36 borked itself and the gearbox jammed up after like 15 shots into the night... Got lots of practice switching from my G36 to MK23 at least! Rossmum was finally able to see for himself that yes, I spend quite a bit on my gear and stuff but there are other guys who go completely bonkers! We think I must need a more powerful battery for my G36, apparently a 8.4v 1600 mAH isn't good enough so I'm going to try and get my hands on a 9.6v 1800 mAH.

Oh oh oh! I think I got 4 or 5 kills last night with my MK23, Rossmum got 1 I think!

thehoodedsmack
January 21st, 2010, 08:23 PM
Lol. You guys look goofy as hell. Glad you all had fun though. Keep spreading the idea that internet-folk are approachable, friendly individuals, and not all child-rapists.

ICEE
January 21st, 2010, 09:02 PM
sounds like you guys had a good time
im jealous

Don't worry our turn is comin. I can't say what I have planned but it involves raw chickens. many of them.

mech
January 21st, 2010, 10:14 PM
Who wants to party with me? I'll bring the women and the hoaers', you just bring the narcotics / alcohol.

Cortexian
January 21st, 2010, 10:42 PM
only if the hoaers is doing the women

blind
January 21st, 2010, 10:42 PM
Who wants to party with me? I'll bring the women and the hoaers', you just bring the narcotics / alcohol.
i got plenty of narcotics

Cortexian
January 21st, 2010, 11:24 PM
OH OH GUYS

before i forget,

you all remember freelancer's big gay g36 he put so much time and money into? the one in the photo of the two of us?

HE BROKE IT AND HAD TO USE HIS MK.23 ALL NIGHT LOL
o37l_oCtKGA

:woop:

I need a 9.6v small battery to give it a little more responsiveness, but since I've found that small batteries don't last nearly as long as I'd like I'll probably get this stock (http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/accessories/stocks/aeg/gandp-g36-sniper-style-folding-buttstock-for-marui-aeg.html) (this is the one I was telling you about Ross) and a 9.6v large battery (I'll get em for a little cheaper though).

EX12693
January 21st, 2010, 11:26 PM
I swear my friend has the exact same gun.

Cortexian
January 21st, 2010, 11:29 PM
Maybe, G36's are pretty popular in the states from what I can tell. It's probably not a CA though since they're pretty expensive and you can get G36's with better internals for cheaper now (CA trumps all other G36's on externals though).

rossmum
January 22nd, 2010, 12:46 AM
Been to the U.S.A multiple times, have some cousins down there that I see every few years. And we've been there on holiday a few times (again in March this year, Florida area and then a Caribbean cruise).

Also yea, G36 borked itself and the gearbox jammed up after like 15 shots into the night... Got lots of practice switching from my G36 to MK23 at least! Rossmum was finally able to see for himself that yes, I spend quite a bit on my gear and stuff but there are other guys who go completely bonkers! We think I must need a more powerful battery for my G36, apparently a 8.4v 1600 mAH isn't good enough so I'm going to try and get my hands on a 9.6v 1800 mAH.

Oh oh oh! I think I got 4 or 5 kills last night with my MK23, Rossmum got 1 I think!
remind me who had the full-face mask for most of the night which made aiming impossible, and whose glasses kept fogging, and who somehow always ended up as arse-end-arnold and thus was seldom in a position to make a kill

we work well together though. i thought that ammo share we did literally just around the corner from the bad dudes was pro as fuck.

Amit
January 22nd, 2010, 01:26 AM
i thought that ammo share we did literally just around the corner from the bad dudes was pro as fuck.

I'd like to hear about how that works.

EX12693
January 22nd, 2010, 01:31 AM
Maybe, G36's are pretty popular in the states from what I can tell. It's probably not a CA though since they're pretty expensive and you can get G36's with better internals for cheaper now (CA trumps all other G36's on externals though).
It's not a CA. He moved here not that ling ago and lives about a mile or so away. Too bad my stupid P90 broke. :maddowns:

rossmum
January 22nd, 2010, 01:43 AM
I'd like to hear about how that works.
it was king of the hill and we got separated from the rest of our team during the assault on the hill. freelancer here was low on ammo for his mk.23 and i was being conservative as fuck with my rented m4. he ran out while we were on the ramp up to the hill, with nothing but a 90-degree corner between us and literally the whole other team. once we were fairly confident the other team weren't about to come around and shoot us, i unloaded my m4 and passed the mag to him, at which point he took a handful of bbs and began reloading then one at a time into his mk.23's mag. i loaded my m4 again. it took maybe 30 seconds, but it felt like fucking forever. we could hear the other team fucking whispering to each other and planning out a clearing patrol down our ramp, which eventually came after we both fell back and got pinned.

Cortexian
January 22nd, 2010, 02:00 AM
Let me tell you, loading little 6mm BBs one at a time when it's dark as fuck, your adrenaline is pumping, and you have really sweaty hands is really really damn hard. It occurred to me while I was loading BBs into my mag that I actually had a bag of BBs in my vest, lmao!

After we did our "field-reload" we fell back down the ramp, I ran to a tank house (little shed with tank tred style things on the outside) which let me cover Rossmum on his way down the ramp. I kept the team taking shots at Ross at bay with suppressed MK23 fire until I noticed a member of the third team in a hallway across from me. I then ran to the wall directly below the team in the hill and just to the right of the guy in the hallway so they couldn't hit me, and Ross ran to my position so he could cover me and himself. I then tried to get an epic mercy kill (push your barrel against the enemy without blindly sticking it around the corner) on the guy in the hallway under the hill by going low and fast around the corner, unfortunately this failed because the guy in the hallway had taken a few steps back to get a view of Ross and had his pistol lowered and relaxed basically at my head level... Obviously as I came around the corner he just started shooting as soon as he saw movement and I got hit out, not sure what happened to Ross after that.

Amit
January 22nd, 2010, 02:04 AM
Wish I lived in the prairies, where my parents would let me have fake guns. :smith:

Cortexian
January 22nd, 2010, 02:13 AM
Added detail to my last post... Ross, what did happen to you after that? You didn't have time to explain who hit you before the next game started.

Also, the checkpoint game was awesome as were all of the pre-game briefings. I remember when Cleric was detailing the checkpoint game:

Cleric: Alright, so the next game is called checkpoint. I've gone into the arena and setup a bunch of... Uh...
Freelancer: Checkpoints?
Cleric: Checkpoints! Right, exactly! Basically there are six little squares of paper with two letters on them spread out on the walls of the arena, your objective is to split up into two teams and write down as many of the checkpoints as you find without getting eliminated by the enemy team!

rossmum
January 22nd, 2010, 02:17 AM
last i saw of you was at the wire screens. i went into the little house there and heard you get hit; didn't have time to move as they had overwatch on me and pincered with a few guys coming across from the front left and others coming down the ramp. they ricocheted me through the window but they had me bang to rights so i just called hit and avoided the inevitable plastering.

Cortexian
January 22nd, 2010, 02:45 AM
Ah okay, I looped around the right of the wire screens to the wall behind them and then advanced along it to the hallway where I failed at mercy killing someone.

Cortexian
January 22nd, 2010, 04:30 AM
Oh, and I thought it was pretty fucking funny when I took us through the dark maze during the amoeba and I headbutted a wall. I thought it was a doorway and I was trying to see around it, so I basically tried to stick my head around the corner fast with my gun and ended up with a loud THWACK instead... Thank god I was wearing my full helmet!

n00b1n8R
January 22nd, 2010, 09:46 AM
well i'm probably moving back to canada within 5-10 years (honestly would be less but i don't want to go jack on my mates and quit the army any sooner, only thing keeping me in australia currently).
Perhaps if you moved to a decent state? :allears:
I mean sure it's not WA but srsly

rossmum
January 22nd, 2010, 12:14 PM
Oh, and I thought it was pretty fucking funny when I took us through the dark maze during the amoeba and I headbutted a wall. I thought it was a doorway and I was trying to see around it, so I basically tried to stick my head around the corner fast with my gun and ended up with a loud THWACK instead... Thank god I was wearing my full helmet!
hahaha yeah

"kevin keep quiet, they're right around the corner"
"ok"
*THWACK*

Perhaps if you moved to a decent state? :allears:
I mean sure it's not WA but srsly
they're all shit canada owns

blind
January 22nd, 2010, 12:28 PM
This thread gives me teh lols

Amit
January 22nd, 2010, 03:41 PM
they're all shit canada owns

He heard we have public healthcare.

Varmint260
January 22nd, 2010, 04:36 PM
He heard we have public healthcare.

I think you just won.

Amit
January 22nd, 2010, 06:33 PM
I believe so.

Sel
January 22nd, 2010, 07:14 PM
thats disgusting

Inferno
January 22nd, 2010, 11:49 PM
How did you almost kill Rossbum with a toy gun? Also why did you steal a toy gun from a little kid. That's mean.

Rook
January 23rd, 2010, 12:20 AM
How did you almost kill Rossbum with a toy gun? Also why did you steal a toy gun from a little kid. That's mean.

Came 0.8'' from shooting him in the eye, they measured it or something.

Amit
January 23rd, 2010, 12:43 AM
Came 0.8'' from shooting him in the eye, they measured it or something.

I wouldn't be surprised. Then again, I probably would too.

Cortexian
January 23rd, 2010, 01:13 AM
Read the thread.

Do not shitpost.

Inferno
January 23rd, 2010, 12:06 PM
Random pictures of fog and 2 guys with toy gun.

Explain yourself.

rossmum
January 23rd, 2010, 12:07 PM
we played airsoft, then went on the piss, then went off the road sideways at great speed due to not being able to see the intersection a few metres in front of us. if you'd read the thread before shitposting you'd know, scrublord

Inferno
January 23rd, 2010, 12:10 PM
Played with toys. Got drunk. Failed at driving afterwords.

Good job.

rossmum
January 23rd, 2010, 12:14 PM
we weren't drunk, we only had two beers each

quit being a Shit Poster you'll make freelancer feel like he's being replaced

Inferno
January 23rd, 2010, 12:26 PM
we weren't drunk, we only had two beers each

http://www.ecy.wa.gov/programs/spills/prevention/pom/POM0903/Beer%20Bottles.jpg

EX12693
January 23rd, 2010, 03:30 PM
Holy shit! Tell me that isn't one of your pics.

rossmum
January 23rd, 2010, 03:45 PM
it's not

two beers each means two beers each in this instance

Amit
January 23rd, 2010, 03:58 PM
Played with toys. Got drunk. Failed at driving afterwords.

Good job.

What's wrong with that? The shitty driving was due to driving fast in foggy conditions, not drinking and driving fast in foggy conditions.

http://www.ecy.wa.gov/programs/spills/prevention/pom/POM0903/Beer%20Bottles.jpg

What is the significance of that picture? It's not Freelancer's and it's dated as 2003. Almost 7 years ago.

rossmum
January 23rd, 2010, 06:06 PM
shhh he is a Bad Troll

Inferno
January 23rd, 2010, 06:37 PM
It was a joke. Maybe if you didn't the internet so seriously.

Kthx.

n00b1n8R
January 23rd, 2010, 06:48 PM

Kthx.
ATTN INFERNO
STOP POSTING

Inferno
January 23rd, 2010, 08:18 PM
:-3

Kalub
January 23rd, 2010, 08:34 PM
CAD is only like 14... you pedos.

Atty
January 23rd, 2010, 08:44 PM
You two look alike...

rossmum
January 23rd, 2010, 08:46 PM
i'm freelancer's alt irl

Amit
January 23rd, 2010, 09:01 PM

Kthx.

Cheers to taking the time to write out your sentences properly instead of hastily throwing back some comment. You quoted Freelancer and then posted a pic of a bunch of beer bottles. I fail to see the sarcasm. You should have added something else to that post to make your point.

Cortexian
January 23rd, 2010, 10:11 PM
i'm freelancer's alt irl
Except with a cooler accent.

Kalub
January 23rd, 2010, 10:33 PM
I'm cooler.

Cortexian
January 24th, 2010, 12:40 AM
Doubtful!

Reaper Man
January 24th, 2010, 01:33 AM
You're both idiots. Hth.

Cortexian
January 24th, 2010, 01:44 AM
You're both idiots. Hth.
Incorrect.

EX12693
January 24th, 2010, 02:53 AM
All three?
Or just one?

Cortexian
January 24th, 2010, 03:09 AM
All three?
Or just one?
That question doesn't even make sense since no where has anyone mentioned anything over two (both).

EX12693
January 24th, 2010, 08:25 PM
Three?! fuck dammit why did I say that? I meant "Both, or just one?

Inferno
January 24th, 2010, 08:27 PM
----Everyone above this line should stop posting----

This post is un-constructive. But very truthful.

EX12693
January 24th, 2010, 08:29 PM
Both of us?
Or just one of us?

Cortexian
January 25th, 2010, 12:34 AM
Both of us?
Or just one of us?
Just Inferno.

Reaper Man
January 25th, 2010, 12:40 AM
I'd say all of you are pretty terrible posters, and should stop.

Welp, cya

EX12693
January 25th, 2010, 01:29 AM
Ok cya.

Anyways, more epic airsoft war stories, Freelancer?

Rook
January 25th, 2010, 05:26 AM
I'd say all of you are pretty terrible posters, and should stop.

Welp, cya

Oh you mean stop everyone from posting and close down the site?

Cortexian
January 25th, 2010, 06:04 AM
Ok cya.

Anyways, more epic airsoft war stories, Freelancer?
I team killed my entire team while I was waiting for Rossmum to show up during the first game of the night.

It was fucking awesome. We started the game, our team entered and I somehow ended up on the opposing teams side of the arena... I shot things on the other side that were shooting me and eventually realized it was my team when the team I was with started shooting me!

Rook
January 25th, 2010, 06:05 AM
Didn't you mention wanting to join some sort of Canadian military force at one time? Friendly casualties out there isn't good.

Cortexian
January 25th, 2010, 09:04 AM
I am joining the Canadian Forces, I'm not wanting to. I've applied, been accepted, and going through intake right now.

Also, "the internet" in general seems to have this gigantic misconception that airsoft = perfect military simulation (MilSim)... Or something...

Airsoft =/= Real Military.

Airsoft is more like paintball, and we were playing skirmish games most of the time, not MilSim games. We were also in a laser tag arena with extremely low lighting conditions, unless you're within 5 meters of someone they're just a black silhouette.

Rossmum expressed some worry since he got hit first out of our group a couple times, and he has just finished his Australian Infantry Reserve basic training! Airsoft is a lot different than real life situations.

sdavis117
January 25th, 2010, 11:15 AM
I tried Airsoft once and enjoyed it, but it seemed too expensive for a hobby.

Reaper Man
January 25th, 2010, 12:23 PM
Oh you mean stop everyone from posting and close down the site?
Yeah, p much.

ICEE
January 25th, 2010, 12:54 PM
I used to mooch airsoft off of jpeg, but then I believe he deconstructed most of his guns for science, lost the magazine of one of them, and now all thats left is the sniper rifle.

Cortexian
January 25th, 2010, 03:33 PM
Guess what I got, actually no don't I'll just show you because I'm Freelancer!

http://leimg.lancersedge.com/images/03852218928352433794.jpg

http://leimg.lancersedge.com/images/26141244027125219346.jpg

9.6v 4500 mAH battery, gun works orgasmic now. And the insane weight of a large battery in the stock really counter-balances the rest of the gun when you're in a firing stance.

Damn that looks sexy! :)

Inferno
January 25th, 2010, 03:48 PM
Expensive toy guns?

Cool.

Cortexian
January 25th, 2010, 03:58 PM
If you had read the thread Infailno you'd know that I got a new stock, not a whole "expensive toy gun" (fully automatic airgun technically).

Okay staff, seriously.

Start infracting trolls or just get rid of all the rules entirely.

blind
January 25th, 2010, 05:51 PM
no offence but this seems like a pointless and retarded hobby

then again i ride little kid bikes and try to do flippy tricks
we;lp

Cortexian
January 25th, 2010, 06:14 PM
Do you think paintball is a pointless and retarded hobby? Same thing except for frown ups...

blind
January 25th, 2010, 06:29 PM
Do you think paintball is a pointless and retarded hobby? Same thing except for frown ups...
yes but i dont rlly understand the comparison, how do u tell if you connected da shots

teh lag
January 25th, 2010, 06:56 PM
Okay staff, seriously.

Start infracting trolls or just get rid of all the rules entirely.
Really?

I often swing wildly between not caring (http://www.modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?p=510007#post510007) and freaking (http://www.modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?p=498149#post498149) the fuck out (http://www.modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?p=473301#post473301), but really? Inferno's post there?

This has got to be the third-least serious active thread on the forum right now, behind uncomfortable moments and the spam thread that became a spam thread. I'm sure there's a line to be crossed here - Maybe it'll be the post right after this one, maybe it'll be 5 posts down (a true mystery! :eek:), but I don't think that was it.

Inferno
January 25th, 2010, 07:24 PM
yes but i dont rlly understand the comparison, how do u tell if you connected da shots

The difference is that it doesn't hurt when you get shot.

blind
January 25th, 2010, 07:30 PM
why ya delete me post ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Cortexian
January 25th, 2010, 07:58 PM
Airsoft is played with an honor system, obviously there aren't any marks signifying a hit, so when you get hit you call "HIT!" or "DEADMAN!" and keep saying it until you're back to your teams designated safe area. Airsoft BBs hurt a bit more than paintballs since they move faster, they're smaller, and they don't explode and lose a lot of power like paintballs.

The difference is that it doesn't hurt when you get shot.
As I said above, real airsoft guns shoot BBs that hurt more when you get hit. I can't tell which you were implying hurt less, but it sounded like you meant the airsoft guns hurt less...

Paintballs are shot at approximately 250-280 feet per second, airsoft guns around here are typically fire at 350-400 feet per second. Couple the higher velocities with smaller projectiles and you get a sharp stinging sensation every time you're hit (like a bee sting for a split second). Long sleeve hoodies and such provide enough protection to muffle the sting, but you can still feel it... A lot of guys wear tactical gear as you've probably seen, vests and such make pretty loud THWACK sounds when they're hit.

Basically, airsoft hurts more and it's not as amateurish as paintball.

Inferno
January 25th, 2010, 07:59 PM
Airsoft is played with an honor system, obviously there aren't any marks signifying a hit, so when you get hit you call "HIT!" or "DEADMAN!" and keep saying it until you're back to your teams designated safe area. Airsoft BBs hurt a bit more than paintballs since they move faster, they're smaller, and they don't explode and lose a lot of power like paintballs.

As I said above, real airsoft guns shoot BBs that hurt more when you get hit. I can't tell which you were implying hurt less, but it sounded like you meant the airsoft guns hurt less...

Paintballs are shot at approximately 250-280 feet per second, airsoft guns around here are typically fire at 350-400 feet per second. Couple the higher velocities with smaller projectiles and you get a sharp stinging sensation every time you're hit (like a bee sting for a split second). Long sleeve hoodies and such provide enough protection to muffle the sting, but you can still feel it... A lot of guys wear tactical gear as you've probably seen, vests and such make pretty loud THWACK sounds when they're hit.

Basically, airsoft hurts more and it's not as amateurish as paintball.

TLDR; Tiny bee bee hurts more than bigass paintball. Because giant bruises and shit are totally painless according to freepantser.

blind
January 25th, 2010, 08:01 PM
still seems pretty gay.
ill stick to 20" bikes

Inferno
January 25th, 2010, 08:05 PM
still seems pretty gay.
ill stick to 20" bikes

I need a vid of this.

blind
January 25th, 2010, 08:12 PM
I need a vid of this.
ill make a thread when the snow clears and i get someone to film/pix

rossmum
January 25th, 2010, 08:27 PM
ugh this thread,

Guess what I got, actually no don't I'll just show you because I'm Freelancer!

9.6v 4500 mAH battery, gun works orgasmic now. And the insane weight of a large battery in the stock really counter-balances the rest of the gun when you're in a firing stance.

Damn that looks sexy! :)
Get a SUSAT for that bitch. Seriously. (Well, an ACOG would work, but SUSAT supremacy~)

Honour system as Kev said, that or they'll yell out "OW FUCK" because it kinda hurts.

Really?

I often swing wildly between not caring (http://www.modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?p=510007#post510007) and freaking (http://www.modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?p=498149#post498149) the fuck out (http://www.modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?p=473301#post473301), but really? Inferno's post there?

This has got to be the third-least serious active thread on the forum right now, behind uncomfortable moments and the spam thread that became a spam thread. I'm sure there's a line to be crossed here - Maybe it'll be the post right after this one, maybe it'll be 5 posts down (a true mystery! :eek:), but I don't think that was it.
Well to be fair he basically has done nothing but troll this thread,

TLDR; Tiny bee bee hurts more than bigass paintball. Because giant bruises and shit are totally painless according to freepantser.
Having played both, yes, they do. Paintballs are generally slower and the force of impact is spread over a larger area. BBs, on the other hand, impart all their force onto a much smaller area, so they hurt a lot more. That said, unless you are literally the biggest pussy on the face of the planet, neither even hurt at all after a few seconds.

By the way, those bruises don't hurt, even when pressure is applied. Also, some people crank their guns up so much that they can lodge BBs under skin, so yeah... trust me, Airsoft hurts more, but both are pretty mild in most cases.

Inferno
January 25th, 2010, 08:31 PM
Having played both, yes, they do. Paintballs are generally slower and the force of impact is spread over a larger area. BBs, on the other hand, impart all their force onto a much smaller area, so they hurt a lot more. That said, unless you are literally the biggest pussy on the face of the planet, neither even hurt at all after a few seconds.

By the way, those bruises don't hurt, even when pressure is applied. Also, some people crank their guns up so much that they can lodge BBs under skin, so yeah... trust me, Airsoft hurts more, but both are pretty mild in most cases.

I've seen people with pretty nasty bruises after paintball. But I've never heard of anyone getting hurt at air soft. And I've played with air soft guns. It's like a tiny bee sting.

rossmum
January 25th, 2010, 08:32 PM
Trust me, I've played both. Paintball leaves massive fuck-off welts, but they don't hurt. The hurt from paintball comes from throwing yourself around, not actually getting hit. Paintballs don't hurt much unless they're fired at point-blank range from powerful guns. BBs leave small red welts (although sometimes they do break the skin), they don't hurt afterwards either but they sting slightly more when they hit.

Cortexian
January 25th, 2010, 08:43 PM
Most airsoft guns shoot a higher FPS when you first purchase them because of the brand new parts/spring in the mechbox. The first few shots are generally above 400 FPS if you have a gun that was marketed for 380-400 FPS. When I first got my G36 a friend of mine had me shoot him in the back (t-shirt on) so he could see what it felt like, at the time I was a pretty big airsoft noob so I was only 5 meters away... The BB embedded into his skin and we had to get it out with some little electronics pliers, he was bleeding a lot from that shot.

I can tell you that 50% of the shots you take make you bleed in airsoft, so yes. Bleeding holes in your body hurt a lot more than "giant" bruises on your skin, and when you don't bleed you get welts and bruises anyhow.

I've played both (as has Rossmum) and airsoft hurts more.

Kalub
January 25th, 2010, 08:58 PM
get a p90

Cortexian
January 25th, 2010, 09:43 PM
P90's are shitty because of their unique magazines. Unique = expensive.

Inferno
January 25th, 2010, 09:49 PM
Unique = expensive.

When has that ever stopped you?

thehoodedsmack
January 25th, 2010, 09:52 PM
Freelancer and Rossmum are correct, to an extent. On the whole, Airsoft hurts more because the projectiles cause consistent irritating pain. If paintballs break correctly upon contact, you'll barely feel them. However, when paintballs don't break on contact, it's like being shot with a marble, and hurts a hell of a lot more than Airsoft pellets. All depends on range and quality, really.

Inferno
January 25th, 2010, 09:52 PM
I've heard of people freezing them before. Sounds painful.

rossmum
January 25th, 2010, 09:59 PM
Freelancer and Rossmum are correct, to an extent. On the whole, Airsoft hurts more because the projectiles cause consistent irritating pain. If paintballs break correctly upon contact, you'll barely feel them. However, when paintballs don't break on contact, it's like being shot with a marble, and hurts a hell of a lot more than Airsoft pellets. All depends on range and quality, really.
Out of all the hits I took, about a third didn't break at all. They hit harder, but they didn't hurt as much as getting nailed with a BB.

If they'd been frozen, that would be another story entirely.

thehoodedsmack
January 25th, 2010, 10:17 PM
You're probably right, then. I think I just play with shitty bbs. =__=

n00b1n8R
January 25th, 2010, 10:43 PM
What accelerates the BB's if it's not compressed air? Counterspinning disks?

Cortexian
January 25th, 2010, 10:58 PM
What accelerates the BB's if it's not compressed air? Counterspinning disks?
It is compressed air technically, air compressed on the fly:
4ziaJVGPl1E

Also, airsoft is awesome because you get roleplaying games like zombies!
5_aNGSh-bHY

Edit: Yes they guy who's wearing the helmet cam is making all the zombie noises and purposefully falling down and being clumsy as fuck. And yes he's in the group we play with... D:

Xetsuei
January 25th, 2010, 11:08 PM
I like how everyone seems to think airsoft is so expensive, it really isn't unless you're buying a Tokyo Marui or something. Buying a low-mid range gaming computer will probably cost more. Even paint balling costs much more than airsoft does.

rossmum
January 25th, 2010, 11:16 PM
When I move back, we are so playing that. As survivors. We will own.

Cortexian
January 25th, 2010, 11:26 PM
When I move back, we are so playing that. As survivors. We will own.
Hehe, that was the first game of the night... They played ALL night long and it was great because they had a single parking lot style floodlight in the center of town casting light downward, but that was it!

@Xet: Fully colored airsoft guns (like mine) are now illegal up here in Canada, so if you want one it needs to be smuggled in from the USA and that increases the price A LOT!

For example, here's a G36K with the new legal "smoked" receiver:
http://leimg.lancersedge.com/images/76869337145486018063.jpg

This costs $400 CAD, G36C (super short model) is $380... Etc... The expensive part up here is all the gear you feel you must have in order to be authentic. Lately though I've just been playing in jeans/hoodie with tactical vest over it, makes for more of a mercenary look.

rossmum
January 25th, 2010, 11:28 PM
I take it the existing solid recs in Canada are fine, though? Including that as-issued Steyr? If you could do some haggling with that dude, or at least let him know I'm interested but not ready for a purchase right now, that'd be sweet... don't want him to sell the only decent example I've seen before I can get a word in. If you find any more, keep me posted.

Also, who would go to the light? Seriously asking to get wrecked. Smart dudes like me would head for the darkest possible spot, and probably also the worst possible spot, since you're fighting thinking humans and not actual zombies. Go where you're least expected to go, and you're laughing.

Bodzilla
January 26th, 2010, 06:09 AM
played paintball once, captured the point and got 2 guys ti surrender without firing a bullet.

simply because i had none and my gun sucked tremendous amounts of dick and wasnt working properly.

Cortexian
January 26th, 2010, 10:51 AM
I take it the existing solid recs in Canada are fine, though? Including that as-issued Steyr? If you could do some haggling with that dude, or at least let him know I'm interested but not ready for a purchase right now, that'd be sweet... don't want him to sell the only decent example I've seen before I can get a word in. If you find any more, keep me posted.
All the "sanctioned" websites here in Canada like Airsoft Canada (http://www.airsoftcanada.com) and Joint Operations Calgary (http://www.jocairsoft.com) have classified sections. You need to get "age verified" by trusted people in your local city to prove that you're over 18 before you can browse these sections... Once you're verified though you have access to thousands of slightly used, pre-upgraded guns that people are selling personally. This isn't illegal for some reason, the only reason retailers like 007 Airsoft (http://www.007airsoft.com) can't bring in colored guns now is because the Governemnt decided to classify them as Prohibited firearms, and selling those to civilians without any kind of license is a no-no.

Also, who would go to the light? Seriously asking to get wrecked. Smart dudes like me would head for the darkest possible spot, and probably also the worst possible spot, since you're fighting thinking humans and not actual zombies. Go where you're least expected to go, and you're laughing.
I'm just trying to say, there was lots of light near the center of the arena and that light filtered outwards to the edge of the field... And the lighting around the edges of the field was pretty damn eerie with all the zombies running around. They had certain rules setup as well, like the zombies couldn't run or anything unless they could see their prey entirely within a certain distance.

played paintball once, captured the point and got 2 guys ti surrender without firing a bullet.

simply because i had none and my gun sucked tremendous amounts of dick and wasnt working properly.
Mercy kills (tap someone with your barrel, silent kill so you don't call hit right away) are awesome, a lot of guys here get rubber training knives to use on the field as well. They can be tossed underhand at people or used in a light slashing motion across someone to be counted as a silent kill. :v:

n00b1n8R
January 26th, 2010, 08:31 PM
Do you ever get dickheads who cheat/how do you deal with them (if it's only one guy's word against the other for example).

Cortexian
January 27th, 2010, 01:47 AM
If someone is found to be not calling their hits on purpose they are removed from the game, however it does happen and sometimes it's because people aren't feeling their own hits. Generally if you just shout "GUY IN THE BLACK, CALL YOUR HITS" that will get them to call their hits if they're purposefully not calling.

Bump Edit:
Compare that last video of my airsoft gun with this one, new stock + battery = awesome responsiveness and rate of fire!
uy3Fe7VhVAI

Atty
January 27th, 2010, 10:23 AM
Freelancer has anyone ever told you that you are quite ugly?

blind
January 27th, 2010, 11:25 AM
Freelancer has anyone ever told you that you are quite ugly?

Kalub
January 27th, 2010, 12:35 PM
get a p90

rossmum
January 27th, 2010, 05:39 PM
hahaha holy shit the rate of fire is IMMENSE

much unlike atty

Kalub
January 27th, 2010, 07:15 PM
G36 is gay, you should probably get a p90

rossmum
January 27th, 2010, 07:21 PM
that's a bad idea, don't do it,

Kalub
January 27th, 2010, 07:22 PM
This, get this it's brilliant:

http://www.airsoftpost.com/images/large/AEG_EVK_Cus_P90_01_lg.jpg

rossmum
January 27th, 2010, 07:25 PM
that looks like an abortion

Kalub
January 27th, 2010, 07:38 PM
It's great ain't it!?

rossmum
January 27th, 2010, 07:38 PM
it's disgusting

Kalub
January 27th, 2010, 07:41 PM
You know you like it... deep down inside it makes your dirty girl come out.

rossmum
January 27th, 2010, 07:53 PM
if by dirty girl you mean the contents of my stomach, then yes

fake e/ wow that sounds wrong all by itself

Kalub
January 27th, 2010, 08:09 PM
:)

Dunno why, but the p90 really tickles my pickle. I mean I've had other guns before, like an AK-47, a M4, M16, mp5.... but nothing really just fits and feels good like the p90.

I do however want a l96, or m90 sniper rifle :D

EX12693
January 27th, 2010, 08:20 PM
But... kalub that us the fugiliest P90 I've ever seen. Show a pic of a NORMAL one.

Kalub
January 27th, 2010, 08:25 PM
No, this is the fugliest p90 you've ever seen:

http://img.redwolfairsoft.com/upload/product/img/RWC-P90HUTER-L.jpg

The other one is fine, it only has front rails, silencer? barrel extension, and a m4/m16 (I forget which) highcap magazine conversion. If I got one that's the one I would get because I have three m4/m16 high-cap magazines

EX12693
January 27th, 2010, 08:27 PM
No get that out of here it burns my eyes! :gonk:

Cortexian
January 27th, 2010, 08:29 PM
That P90 is using a fake magazine, nothing like that even exists for the real steel version of the gun so it's horrid. It's essentially a box mag for the airsoft version of the P90, and everything about that is just wrong. The front RIS set does actually exist though, or at least something similar to it does so that's okay.

That P90 box mag is almost as hideous as this G36-M4 magwell adapter:
http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/news/september06/image006.jpg

Click here for article on shitty magwell conversion. (http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/news2/101)

I considered a P90 when I was looking for a rifle but it's just to small for me, I'm 6 foot 4 and have fairly long arms so the gun makes me feel cramped. They're also horrible when it comes to upgrades and costs since they're so unique in terms of magazine and body design. Basically it's just to small for me though, and the G36K is almost the perfect length.

Kalub
January 27th, 2010, 08:30 PM
I want one of these next:

http://www.kapowwe.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/l-96-sniper-airsoft.jpg

or

http://www.dentrinityshop.com/photo/COL/pwd.jpg

can't decide which to blow $200+ on.

Kalub
January 27th, 2010, 08:32 PM
That P90 is using a fake magazine, nothing like that even exists for the real steel version of the gun so it's horrid. It's essentially a box mag for the airsoft version of the P90, and everything about that is just wrong. The front RIS set does actually exist though, or at least something similar to it does so that's okay.

That P90 box mag is almost as hideous as this G36-M4 magwell adapter:

Click here for article on shitty magwell conversion. (http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/news2/101)

I considered a P90 when I was looking for a rifle but it's just to small for me, I'm 6 foot 4 and have fairly long arms so the gun makes me feel cramped. They're also horrible when it comes to upgrades and costs since they're so unique in terms of magazine and body design. Basically it's just to small for me though, and the G36K is almost the perfect length.

I'm 5' 10" fits me like a glove. I don't care for any upgrades or anything though cause... well... no one is that hardcore around here. :ugh:

Cortexian
January 27th, 2010, 08:32 PM
Get the L96 since it's actually based of something real... Dunno if you realized or not but that second pic is of a shitty shortened Barrett or some shitty thing.

Also, that second P90 is just an accessorized version of the first one, they're both using the same magwell conversion and front set.

Kalub
January 27th, 2010, 08:34 PM
I know, I just don't care for all the Tacticool bullshit strewn on there, and I'm more inclined to the l96 anyways.

(I also know that the second picture is a horrible one of a Barrett m90. I just couldn't find a better one in my 30sec google search)

Cortexian
January 27th, 2010, 09:45 PM
I'm the same way, I only put on accessories that I actually use or improve my ability to play. I don't need lasers and tac lights unless I'm playing at night, and that's very rare so I don't bother with them.

I'd never do up a P90 though, the stock P90 TR with top rail and an Eotech would be perfectly fine. That magazine adapter is just horrible since it gets rid of the best part of a P90, reloading.

rossmum
January 27th, 2010, 09:47 PM
Pointless accessories are the bane of sensible people everywhere.

Also, go with the AI rifle. I fucking love AI rifles.

rossmums_dad
January 27th, 2010, 10:35 PM

Also, go with the AI rifle. I fucking love AI rifles.

i was relatively sure you were against airsoft you hypocrite

blind
January 27th, 2010, 10:40 PM
i want this
http://www.fohguild.org/forums/attachments/screenshots/60685d1200799227-gun-thread-awp.jpg

Cortexian
January 27th, 2010, 10:46 PM
Feast your eyes!
http://www.opticstalk.com/uploads/1/tacticoolAR15.jpg

i want this
They are nice.

Then you realize that airsoft sniper rifles don't usually shoot more accurately or powerfully than full auto AEG's or gas blow back pistols... So basically you're restricting yourself to a heavier, slower firing weapon that isn't nearly as useful. The only successful airsoft snipers are the guys that REALLY have a thing for staying concealed in one place and only taking a handful of shots every game.

There are sine exceptions to this though, a couple of the Barrett .50 Cal airsoft replicas shoot 8mm (instead of the usual 6mm) aluminum coated BB's upwards of 650-700 FPS when they're upgraded. We have a sniper like that around our group and he's only allowed to play outdoor and has a minimum engagement distance of about 75 feet.

Rook
January 27th, 2010, 10:52 PM
freelancer you're horrible at posting

ok

Yoko
January 27th, 2010, 10:54 PM
freelancer you're horrible at posting
best poster '10

http://www.opticstalk.com/uploads/1/tacticoolAR15.jpg
3 scopes combined, you can see like 50x farther with that, and 2 flashlights for when you're hunting vampires

blind
January 27th, 2010, 10:56 PM
freelancer this is my gun

http://www.goatsevideo.com/images/goatse-original.jpg
cn3089

rossmum
January 27th, 2010, 11:12 PM
Feast your eyes!
They are nice.

Then you realize that airsoft sniper rifles don't usually shoot more accurately or powerfully than full auto AEG's or gas blow back pistols... So basically you're restricting yourself to a heavier, slower firing weapon that isn't nearly as useful. The only successful airsoft snipers are the guys that REALLY have a thing for staying concealed in one place and only taking a handful of shots every game.
so basically me

also, we use the real thing for our snipers, woot

Cortexian
January 28th, 2010, 12:38 AM
Looks cooler than our sniper rifles, but that's nothing when you remember that Canada has the best snipers in the world.

We use three different sniper rifles actively for different roles, there's the C3A1 7.62 Parker Hale:
http://www.casr.ca/101-smallarm-3-c3a1-mrsw.jpg

Increasing in power a little, the .338 Lapua C14 "Timberwolf":
http://www.casr.ca/101-smallarm-3-c14-mrsws.jpg

And then we move into the big boy rifles, the .50 McMillan C15 "Big Mac":
http://www.casr.ca/101-smallarm-3-c15-lrsw.jpg

blind
January 28th, 2010, 12:40 AM
ARCTIC WARFARE POLICE

Cortexian
January 28th, 2010, 12:41 AM
ARCTIC WARFARE POLICE
What?

rossmum
January 28th, 2010, 12:44 AM
The rifle he posted.

Ours are the Arctic Warfare Super Magnum in .338 LM, designated L115 in the UK and SR98 here.

Cortexian
January 28th, 2010, 12:45 AM
Oh, I thought he was replying to the rifles I posted, dur.

Cortexian
January 28th, 2010, 12:54 AM
No wonder Canadian snipers are the best, they train with nothing but gas masks on!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/Girlieman/nekkid1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/Girlieman/nekkid2.jpg

Don't ask questions, it obviously works. :downs:

blind
January 28th, 2010, 12:57 AM
What?

rossmum
January 28th, 2010, 01:00 AM
No wonder Canadian snipers are the best, they train with nothing but gas masks on!

Don't ask questions, it obviously works. :downs:
hahaha what the fuck

ask your recruiting dude about that

Cortexian
January 28th, 2010, 01:09 AM
Probably just guys fucking around or going through some kind of sniper hazing lol, I've seen worse videos (private only shared with friends) of recruits doing crap on Facebook from when my recruiting officer went through basic.

Good stuff...

E: Rossmum, maybe you can shed some light on what's going on here? Apparently some kind of joint sniper training op here in Canada? That guy has an L96 so it's one of yours or Uk somewhere.
QGMxeducU_4

rossmum
January 28th, 2010, 01:19 AM
He's a Pom, he's wearing DPM

Cortexian
January 28th, 2010, 01:42 AM
He's a Pom, he's wearing DPM
Pom?

Pommy: a disparaging term for a British person?

Acronyms :gonk:

rossmum
January 28th, 2010, 01:45 AM
Yeah. A Pom.

Atty
January 28th, 2010, 08:44 AM
hahaha holy shit the rate of fire is IMMENSE

much unlike attyI have a high rate of fire, its just I'm loaded with blanks.

Kalub
January 28th, 2010, 01:23 PM
So Airsoft snipers don't shoot like... far? They aren't much better than a normal AEG?

Cortexian
January 28th, 2010, 03:40 PM
Same as an AEG unless you get something insanely expensive, so basically they're the same unless you have a Barret (http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/ProductDetail?prodID=17532).

Kalub
January 28th, 2010, 04:15 PM
oh gawd.. I just came

I just want the plain jane Wells l96 black

Warsaw
January 28th, 2010, 09:34 PM
Same as an AEG unless you get something insanely expensive, so basically they're the same unless you have a Barret (http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/ProductDetail?prodID=17532).

Or an SVD (http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_44_227&products_id=31063) with the appropriate spring. Seriously, this shit has a long barrel. That's what she said.

Cortexian
January 29th, 2010, 02:33 AM
Real Swords are helluva expensive here in Canada.

Cortexian
January 31st, 2010, 10:36 PM
I got new kit, here's a really bad shot of me wearing my new Multicam combats from a game I just got home from:
http://leimg.lancersedge.com/images/37228379047018903106.jpg

It's hard to see since it's a bad photo and I'm prone... Basically it's the GRAW combats with integrated elbow/knee pads.

Edit - CHECK THOSE CORNERS!
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee142/poweltd/IMG_6506.jpg

rossmum
February 1st, 2010, 03:13 AM
How much did all that bullshit cost you? :allears:

Airsoft may be illegal, but in certain cases the underlying technology is not:

http://www.modacity.net/forums/picture.php?albumid=129&pictureid=1536

1/24 scale Chinese MBT, fires a 6mm BB up to 30 metres. Pretty nippy (perhaps a little too much for a tank), turret traverses most of the way around with only a small blind area at the rear and the gun elevates and depresses through about 30-35 degrees. Not sure what muzzle velocity is but it does sting apparently. Still got pieces to put on (towing hooks, cables, commander's MG, etc.) but will do that later.

http://www.modacity.net/forums/picture.php?albumid=129&pictureid=1537
http://www.modacity.net/forums/picture.php?albumid=129&pictureid=1538

Bodzilla
February 1st, 2010, 03:28 AM
i'm sorry ross but that image is just fucking hilarious.

when you coming to my house?
basically we're firing up the wood fire pizza oven, cookin all day and playin vidgeo games.

oh and booze.

lots of booze.
It's going to be the 27th i'm having the party (even though i turn 21 on the 13th, some other things came up, other party's, Tickets to the soundwave rock/metal/punk festival ect)

Cortexian
February 1st, 2010, 03:48 AM
I was able to get the clone combat pants/shirt plus an authentic CRYE Ops shirt for $80... Pretty good considering the Ops shirt alone would go for around $120 new, authentic is shit expensive.

Front:
http://leimg.lancersedge.com/images/78088706914259976382.jpg

Back:
http://leimg.lancersedge.com/images/76018430857291486618.jpg

The pouches for the included knee and elbow pads make it, no need to worry about the pads falling down or coming loose during a game since they're fixed in place VERY securely. The hard plastic part that you can see in the pictures is attached to a nice comfy neoprene pad about 1/4" thick, the stitching around the center of the plastic part marks the edge of the lip that holds the pads in place.

I have all the photo's I took of the game on LEImage here (http://leimg.lancersedge.com/users.php?act=gallery&gal=1&cat=10). My video footage is uploading, was a pretty fun game and it was only a low of -13 in the morning.

rossmum
February 2nd, 2010, 03:57 AM
It's going to be the 27th i'm having the party (even though i turn 21 on the 13th, some other things came up, other party's, Tickets to the soundwave rock/metal/punk festival ect)
I'll do everything in my power to make sure I'm there.

Kev, fuck that. DPCU is far more awesome. Trust me, I know these things :realsmug:

In case anyone is wondering, that tank cost me like $50. Fuck. It has independent suspension on each wheel and all. Who says the Chinese don't make awesome shit?

Bodzilla
February 2nd, 2010, 06:20 AM
you better be or :shakesfist:

you wanna come up on the friday arvo? i can pick ya up wether you wanna fly in or train or what ever

Cortexian
February 2nd, 2010, 03:14 PM
Kev, fuck that. DPCU is far more awesome. Trust me, I know these things :realsmug:

In case anyone is wondering, that tank cost me like $50. Fuck. It has independent suspension on each wheel and all. Who says the Chinese don't make awesome shit?
Not up here it's not! I like the look of Multicam the best anyways and when it comes to airsoft and not real life uniforms, you go by what you like most.

Those airsoft tanks are pretty awesome, I forget which brand/version it was but there was one that used Tokyo Mauri internals modified to fit in the tank. One of the guys around here upgraded the thing to shoot around 400 FPS with .28g BB's and built a custom track system for it, he'll sometimes bring it out to MilSims or MiniSims (MilSims except only for like one day of play) and use it as a little unmanned robot thing.

Warsaw
February 2nd, 2010, 04:37 PM
At our local field, some people use those little airsoft tanks to shoot people around corners without exposing themselves. The string of curses that erupts afterwards is worthy of laughter.

Amit
February 2nd, 2010, 04:39 PM
Not up here it's not! I like the look of Multicam the best anyways and when it comes to airsoft and not real life uniforms, you go by what you like most.

Those airsoft tanks are pretty awesome, I forget which brand/version it was but there was one that used Tokyo Mauri internals modified to fit in the tank. One of the guys around here upgraded the thing to shoot around 400 FPS with .28g BB's and built a custom track system for it, he'll sometimes bring it out to MilSims or MiniSims (MilSims except only for like one day of play) and use it as a little unmanned robot thing.

At our local field, some people use those little airsoft tanks to shoot people around corners without exposing themselves. The string of curses that erupts afterwards is worthy of laughter.

That's fucking awesome.

rossmum
February 2nd, 2010, 05:36 PM
you better be or :shakesfist:

you wanna come up on the friday arvo? i can pick ya up wether you wanna fly in or train or what ever
I'll get the Countrylink up, I have mad cheap tickets thanks to being a professional bludger. I'll sort things out a bit closer to the day as I have to figure out how many days before/after I have parade.

Multicam is pretty effective, but both the DPCU print and the current cut of the uniforms is just great. Although I don't like how they used zippers for the larger pockets, my cams are comfy as hell, warm in cold weather and cool in hot weather. Plus, they don't have extraneous bullshit getting in the way or getting snagged on things.

Got another two tanks coming by the way.

:haw:

Cortexian
February 2nd, 2010, 08:14 PM
:iamafag: these combats... I just love the built in knee and elbow pads, they stay in place and they're comfy as hell since there's no super tight strap holding them on.

Probably going to throw the pants on over some warmer ones when we go hunting this year since we take LOTS of shots while kneeling.

Inferno
February 2nd, 2010, 09:35 PM
Hunting with guns is like being the host in halo.

L2Hand2HandDeerCombat

Cortexian
February 2nd, 2010, 10:13 PM
Had to slice the throats on two deer last season because they weren't dead when we found them after shooting them. I Hand2HandDeerCombat properly already.

This is a no trolling zone btw, so no Infernos or Kyons.

Bodzilla
February 3rd, 2010, 12:16 AM
the guys i know down here go hunting wild boars with nothing but a dog and a knife.

CN3089
February 3rd, 2010, 12:21 AM
Had to slice the throats on two deer last season because they weren't dead when we found them after shooting them. I Hand2HandDeerCombat properly already.

This is a no trolling zone btw, so no Infernos or Kyons.

:allears:

rossmum
February 3rd, 2010, 01:02 AM
the guys i know down here go hunting wild boars with nothing but a dog and a knife.
Yeah, that's pretty common as far as I can tell

Cortexian
February 3rd, 2010, 03:30 AM
boars = / = deer/elk/moose

Inferno
February 3rd, 2010, 06:43 PM
One Bomb on Canada!

Offense 3:00.

Freelancer Killed Helpless Dear!
Freelancer Sniped Unaware Animal!
Freelancer Beatdown A Poor Bunny Rabbit!

Defense 3:00.

Large Grizzly Bear Killed Freelancer!

Game Over!

edit-

Try hunting troles. You'd be better at that.

Cortexian
February 3rd, 2010, 08:44 PM
Large Grizzly bear would just get shot like everything else, I've killed one while hunting before, was pretty fun but was actually easier since they aren't as skittish as deers/elk/moose.

Inferno
February 3rd, 2010, 08:48 PM
You obviously used a aimbot.

Cortexian
February 3rd, 2010, 10:28 PM
STOP DO NOT TROLL

Ganon
February 3rd, 2010, 11:28 PM
did u eat it

Cortexian
February 4th, 2010, 12:29 AM
We had some of it made into roasts and burger, but bear meat is iffy because of worms and such... I prefer the taste of Elk over anything we've hunted so far, every one of our deer/elk/moose are made into some type of edible meat product.

We don't hunt for trophies like some gigantic faggots out there, however we have got a couple deer heads with larger than average racks mounted.

Dwood
February 4th, 2010, 05:53 AM
People who only hunt for trophies aren't that bad. The people that get me are the ones that aren't willing to go home empty handed if they can't find a big buck by the end of the season.

ICEE
February 4th, 2010, 02:10 PM
We had some of it made into roasts and burger, but bear meat is iffy because of worms and such... I prefer the taste of Elk over anything we've hunted so far, every one of our deer/elk/moose are made into some type of edible meat product.

What's bear taste like? I just recently had ostrich the other day. It was surprisingly beef-like. Exotic/strange food is great.

We don't hunt for trophies like some gigantic faggots out there, however we have got a couple deer heads with larger than average racks mounted.

we're not searching for oil in the middle east, but if we find some oil we will take it. :neckbeard:

rossmum
February 4th, 2010, 04:18 PM

Yeah, I have the same feelings on hunting. If it's going to be eaten, or if it's a genuine pest, then fine... otherwise, it's a waste. Shit, I don't even like killing things if they fall into the former two categories.

Amit
February 4th, 2010, 05:01 PM
I hunt people. For trophies.

Cortexian
February 4th, 2010, 05:20 PM
What's bear taste like? I just recently had ostrich the other day. It was surprisingly beef-like. Exotic/strange food is great.
I didn't try much of it on it's own, the burger was used in some kind of stew and I only had a bit of the roast. It tastes less "wild" than most of the other animals I've tried, probably because of the wider variety of diet beats eat. Difficult to say on the toughness of it since it was a roast...

I hunt people. For trophies.
You mount their genitalia don't you? You sick, sick fuck.

Amit
February 4th, 2010, 06:45 PM
You mount their genitalia don't you? You sick, sick fuck.

A wide range of items are mounted on the walls of the Forbidden Hall. I don't discriminate against certain body parts. I think it is suitable as the Body Works is just on the other side of the walls.