PDA

View Full Version : The Book of Eli

rossmum
January 27th, 2010, 05:50 PM
Saw it today. Pretty sweet, but that could just be my love of all things post-apoc. Basically, the world went to shit and there was a general nuclear exchange and shit got all fucked up, and this guy has the last Bible in the US, possibly on Earth. The movie has some amazing action moments, some amazing 'holy fuck this place is desolate as shit' moments, and the absolute mother of all fucking plot twists. The only real downside is that I have an overpowering urge to binge on Fallout now, but between actually getting home and then reinstalling W7, I probably won't be able to play it for another week or so.

:smith:

Anyway, I'd certainly recommend it.

DEElekgolo
January 27th, 2010, 05:55 PM
The movie was fucking awesome. And the ending was a huge plot twist that forced me to review what happened through out the movie.

Do watch.

sleepy1212
January 27th, 2010, 07:11 PM
saw the preview while at the theater last weekend. can't wait to see this movie.

Amit
January 27th, 2010, 07:22 PM
Oh no! Now I know there's a twist and I'm gonna spend the entire movie trying to guess what it is. Damn you, Dominator!

Kalub
January 27th, 2010, 07:25 PM
Plot spoilers/breakdown plz

Bastinka
January 27th, 2010, 08:13 PM
Plot spoilers/breakdown plz
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1037705/

I was thinking Eli Vance from HL2 but this works out as well, will see it next week when I'm back in the states.

Dwood
January 27th, 2010, 08:39 PM
Looks really cool.

Kalub
January 27th, 2010, 08:42 PM
Girlfriend friendly?

DEElekgolo
January 27th, 2010, 11:08 PM
Ya.

PopeAK49
January 29th, 2010, 11:21 AM
Ya that was probably one of the best movies that I have watched for a long time. There were several twists in the movie that I found very awesome.

Sadface for the poor kitty though.

paladin
January 30th, 2010, 06:59 PM
Girlfriend friendly?

Yes.

I just saw it and, wow. The story is fantastic. It just goes to show you what some people will do for one book :iamafag:. It was very good, but I called it about 15 minutes into it.

Inferno
January 30th, 2010, 10:47 PM
The trailer deeply reminded me of Fallout 3.

Nero
February 3rd, 2010, 06:16 PM
I just watched it. Epic.

I just didn't understand the part with the hands. Like how did they know if the person was cannibalistic, or not? -Confused-

paladin
February 3rd, 2010, 07:15 PM
When you eat to much human meat, it makes your hands shake. So when they check the hands, they're seeing if they are shaking. Like when they go to house with the old people, I knew instantly that it was a trap because the ladies hands where shaking when she brought out the tea and the old man always had his hands in his pocket.

Atty
February 3rd, 2010, 07:39 PM
Great movie -- I want to bang the female lead.

Nero
February 3rd, 2010, 09:41 PM
Great movie -- I want to bang the female lead.

+rep me for having her in my display pic since I joined. =3
She was so hot in forgetting Sarah Marshal and here. <3
btw, her name is Mila Kunis.

paladin
February 4th, 2010, 12:17 AM
Shes hot, but she has a raspy voice

Atty
February 4th, 2010, 12:19 AM
That is fine; in my world women aren't allowed to speak.

paladin
February 4th, 2010, 12:31 AM
Lollerskates.

sleepy1212
February 15th, 2010, 09:44 PM
awesome movie, just awesome...

loved the ending. mila kunis is sexy, even more so when guns are involved.

i'm kinda surprised a major motion picture would make the bible seem like a good thing these days considering the media...well...

anyway...i don't know what the deal is but i've been watching a lot of apocalyptic movies recently. I watched The Road a few weeks ago. Book of Eli was much better imho.

gotta have me that knife, i always thought buying swords was kinda gay but that thing was sweet!.