PDA

View Full Version : Fallout 3 xlive error

Needles
February 7th, 2010, 03:46 PM
I'm just wondering if anyone has experienced a problem with fallout 3 crashing on start becuase of an xlive.dll error. I had to wipe my hard drive, and reinstall fallout 3. Fallout 3 now crashes to desktop as soon as it starts. In event viewer the error says "Title Fallout3.exe (1.7.0.3) XLive 3.1.0099.0 (WGX_XLIVE_V3.01_RTM.091106-1035) C:\Windows\system32\xlive.dll
0x8007007f".

I have tried updating my drivers if that has anything to do with it, but I'm stumped on what to do. I have reinstalled live but I still get the error.

legionaire45
February 7th, 2010, 03:49 PM
Are you using a legal copy of the game?

If so, try updating it. That error apparently has something to do with a bad GFWL update.

Also, google is your god damn friend.

Needles
February 7th, 2010, 03:53 PM
It's a steam version. I did google it, but all I found was to update GFWL or reinstall live, both of which haven't worked.

E:
I went through windows update and updated all net framework to sp1, then after that I manual installed the 1.7 patch a 2nd time. Things work now.

n00b1n8R
February 7th, 2010, 04:37 PM
Fallout 3 crashing?
Say it isn't so!!!

RedBaron
February 7th, 2010, 05:01 PM
My friend has a problem where G4WL cannot auto sign in for any of his games, and most of the buttons do not work when clicked with the mouse. I tried googling for him, but couldnt figure it out.

Maybe its .net framework...

Inferno
February 7th, 2010, 05:48 PM
I haven't read this entire thread but try disabling GFWL for that game.

You can do it with FOMM. http://sourceforge.net/projects/fomm/

I did that because GFWL is fucking stupid.

343guiltymc
February 7th, 2010, 07:47 PM
A lot of FO3 mods require FOSE, which doesn't work with GFWL. You might as well not use it.

Needles
February 7th, 2010, 07:51 PM
A lot of FO3 mods require FOSE, which doesn't work with GFWL. You might as well not use it.
Just wondering, does that include fallout 3 wonderers edition? I can't get that mod to work, and if GFWL is the cause I wouldn't mine disabling it.

343guiltymc
February 8th, 2010, 05:25 PM
Just wondering, does that include fallout 3 wonderers edition? I can't get that mod to work, and if GFWL is the cause I wouldn't mine disabling it.
Yup, the new versions are anyways. The older, modular FWE is still up for people who don't want to FOSE.