PDA

View Full Version : Purchasing Windows XP

Good_Apollo
March 26th, 2010, 08:59 PM
Can anyone turn me to where I can buy Windows XP Professional (preferably SP3) for a price that isn't ridiculous for such an old OS. The prices I've seen so far range from $250-500. This can't be legit, how is it still so expensive? I've checked Amazon, eBay, ect.... :raise:

At these stupid prices I'm inclined to pick up Windows 7, which I can get for a mere 30 bucks. I really don't want to though.

flibitijibibo
March 26th, 2010, 09:01 PM
Getting this question out of the way: Any reason you don't want Windows 7 Professional/XP Mode?

Also, I don't think prices for XP ever went down since release. I have no clue why.

Sel
March 26th, 2010, 09:03 PM
why the fuck would you want xp, its garbage, and has been ever since vista was released.

Llama Juice
March 26th, 2010, 09:04 PM
This thread makes me lol.

Stop being a stubborn fool and upgrade. If you're doing it for performance issues then grab W7 and spend the other $200 on hardware.

Good_Apollo
March 26th, 2010, 09:05 PM
Sorry, I didn't realize this was a thread about what the best OS is. I asked for Windows XP, help me or don't post.

Llama Juice
March 26th, 2010, 09:07 PM
You make freelancer look like a good poster.

flibitijibibo
March 26th, 2010, 09:08 PM
>Implying we aren't trying to help

What is it you're planning to do with XP Professional? If it's not necessary, it could save you hundreds of dollars/hours of searching.

E: Ninja'd, lol LJ.

Good_Apollo
March 26th, 2010, 09:11 PM
What am I planning to do with it? I'm planning to use it now help or don't. I never asked for advice on why XP sucks or a lecture on posting habits (despite you shitposting to get this across).

In turn, :frogout:If you don't plan on directing me to where I can buy it.

SnaFuBAR
March 26th, 2010, 09:17 PM
tried newegg? if so and it's still high price, the answer is likely "tough shit".

Good_Apollo
March 26th, 2010, 09:23 PM
tried newegg? if so and it's still high price, the answer is likely "tough shit".I tried Newegg but it looks like all they have is XP Pro OEM...

Jean-Luc
March 26th, 2010, 09:23 PM
Unless your system is strapped for resources, you can get Windows 7 Ultimate for $175 which is only $5 more than Windows XP Professional.

It's your choice but I can say, without a doubt, that Windows 7 is the superior operating system (by a mile).

Good_Apollo
March 26th, 2010, 09:26 PM
Sweet jesus the people inhabiting this forum are retarded. Can't even complete the simplest tasks without reverting to a ravenous derp crowd.