May 3rd, 2010, 02:31 AM
Fail package v2

http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/96807332-4.jpg

annihilation
May 3rd, 2010, 02:52 AM
Can you ever get a successful care package? :allears:

=sw=warlord
May 3rd, 2010, 04:20 AM
Underpass is the worst map for anything aerial.

annihilation
May 3rd, 2010, 04:29 AM
I think Skidrow is the worst.
Tall buildings, most action is indoors.

Rook
May 3rd, 2010, 04:42 AM
yes skidrow is the worst... and air support on wasteland is like having sex with a fat chested slut

LlamaMaster
May 3rd, 2010, 11:01 AM
That's what you get for playing terrible games.

That I don't have.

:smith:

Donut
May 3rd, 2010, 02:47 PM
i would have laughed more if it were an emp or ac130 or something. good god though, how did you even manage that? it looks like it landed perfectly square with the catwalk there

ODX
May 3rd, 2010, 05:20 PM
Try landing it on the top of a lamp post in Favela :ugh:

Rook
May 3rd, 2010, 06:02 PM
Try landing it on the top of a lamp post in Favela :ugh:

That was our Fail package v1

annihilation
May 3rd, 2010, 09:16 PM
Try landing it on nothing.
Srsly, happend to me on Derail.
There it was, floating in mid air.

Dwood
May 3rd, 2010, 09:19 PM
Can you guys not grab an rpg, or grenade, and shoot it down?

annihilation
May 3rd, 2010, 09:24 PM
Can you guys not grab an rpg, or grenade, and shoot it down?

No, this game has terribad physics.

paladin
May 4th, 2010, 04:11 AM
If you click both thumbs sticks down without holding LT, the RPG7 wll fire straight with no spread...

sevlag
May 4th, 2010, 08:27 AM
That's what you get for playing terrible games.

That I don't have.

:smith:i'll sell you my copy of modern letdown or trade ya for a copy of fallout 3 or BF:BC 2

Cortexian
May 4th, 2010, 09:38 AM
If someone has a PC version of MW2 they want to trade, I have some Xbox 360 games I'd trade... Halo Wars, Halo 3 ODST, Halo 3, Left 4 Dead, Gears of War 2, Fallout 3...

Srs.

Amit
May 4th, 2010, 03:59 PM
If someone has a PC version of MW2 they want to trade, I have some Xbox 360 games I'd trade... Halo Wars, Halo 3 ODST, Halo 3, Left 4 Dead, Gears of War 2, Fallout 3...

Srs.

Go play Reach.

Spartan094
May 4th, 2010, 04:08 PM
^this

So you want a copy of MW2 for pc for what reason? I got one just I hate having it around.

Also go play halo reach beta for now seeing you have odst.

annihilation
May 5th, 2010, 06:12 AM
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/5454/mw2win.jpg

TeeKup
May 5th, 2010, 02:28 PM
What the hell is happening in that picture?

JackalStomper
May 5th, 2010, 03:23 PM
LBB shotgunned Halo and Erasus knifed Conflict. Ohh and the harrier is just chillin there

sdavis117
May 5th, 2010, 03:41 PM
Fuck, it's the end scene from True Lies.

annihilation
May 5th, 2010, 05:14 PM
The fun part was destroying it.
I launched a javelin missle at it and 3 guys walked around the corner to check out the harrier then BOOM!.
I lol'd

Cortexian
May 6th, 2010, 05:52 PM
Go play Reach.
Don't have an XBL subscription, and I just spend loads on a new M15X...

^this

So you want a copy of MW2 for pc for what reason? I got one just I hate having it around.

Also go play halo reach beta for now seeing you have odst.
Srs, what you want for it?

Warsaw
May 6th, 2010, 06:15 PM
I saved a 1 month sub card for over a year just for this beta...:-3

Rook
May 7th, 2010, 03:23 PM
"Second Modern Warfare 2 Map Pack Due After June"
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/63678

if you didn't get any of the discounts:

mw2 - $60
stimulus - $15
dlc 2 - (probably) $15
total - $90

Rook
May 8th, 2010, 04:47 AM
http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/97087737-4.jpg

There is so much fucked here I don't even..

annihilation
May 8th, 2010, 04:59 AM
Why can't that happen to me. :smith:

sevlag
May 8th, 2010, 07:50 AM
Why can't that happen to me. :smith:
cause you go to 12chan robert

SiriusTexra
May 8th, 2010, 10:15 AM
So I've been having much more fun playing BFBC2

paladin
May 9th, 2010, 11:47 PM
I got a snipe in BC2 from a light house all the way to the last com box. There was so much arc, the dude was at the bottom on my scope.

Inferno
May 11th, 2010, 08:55 PM
Call of Duty 4 > Call of Duty 4 - 2

Been playing CoD4 recently. It's so much more balanced.

Pooky
May 11th, 2010, 09:11 PM
Call of Duty 4 > Call of Duty 4 - 2

Been playing CoD4 recently. It's so much more balanced.

I really wish IW would have released one more patch for CoD 4 before abandoning it completely though :\

Patch should have contained:

No more G3 knife glitch

No more M40 ACOG Stopping Power glitch

No more M249 Grip glitch

No more AK-47 / AKs-74u RDS or Silencer glitches

M16 recoil increased and fire rate reduced

P90 rate of fire and damage reduced

Inferno
May 11th, 2010, 10:30 PM
Solution.

Play modded servers.

Cortexian
May 12th, 2010, 03:03 AM
I know the G3 w/silencer knife glitch, what are the others?

Pooky
May 12th, 2010, 04:49 AM
I know the G3 w/silencer knife glitch, what are the others?

No more M40 ACOG Stopping Power glitch

Boosts your base damage to 75 instead of 70. When combined with Stopping Power the M40 becomes an instant kill to any part of the body, unless the target has Juggernaut (which is rare, and in any case you can still kill juggernauts with a head/neck/upper chest shot).

No more M249 Grip glitch

Putting a grip on the SAW causes the hipfire accuracy to be improved substantially. Combine this with Steady Aim and the reticule is so tiny that you can pretty much snipe with it. Further combine with Double Tap and... yeah...

No more AK-47 / AKs-74u RDS or Silencer glitches

Putting a RDS or Silencer on the AK-47 reduces your minimum damage from 30 to 20. Putting a RDS or Silencer on the AKs-74u reduces your hipfire accuracy to roughly the level of a standard assault rifle.

M16 recoil increased and fire rate reduced

The M16 is a POS, overpowered, overused gun.

P90 rate of fire and damage reduced

See above.

Solution.

Play modded servers.

I play CoD on the (inferior gaming platform) ConsoleBox 360

PenGuin1362
May 12th, 2010, 10:47 AM
those aren't glitches...they're just how the developers intended them....none of those situations seems cheap. and i've killed so many people who rely on the m16, its not that difficult, using a g3 mind you.

Pooky
May 12th, 2010, 12:49 PM
those aren't glitches...they're just how the developers intended them....none of those situations seems cheap. and i've killed so many people who rely on the m16, its not that difficult, using a g3 mind you.

Keep in mind that every weapon/attachment combination is considered a unique weapon as far as stats are concerned, with that sort of system it seems like it would be very easy for glitches to arise. I can't imagine that the developers actually intended for the M40 ACOG bullshit combo to exist, unless Infinity Ward are even more profoundly idiotic than I thought.

The M16 is another debate for another time. Suffice to say I've logged an immense amount of hours on CoD 4, I can safely say I know the game better than most players. Assuming equal skill and reaction times all around, the M16 is at the very least on par with all the other weapons in any situation, and superior to most of them in the majority of situations.

PenGuin1362
May 13th, 2010, 12:14 AM
played some mw2 today for shits and giggles with a friend. immediately stopped after like 2 games and remembered why i haven't played it in like 3 months. heart beat sensors, worst idea ever.

Donut
May 13th, 2010, 01:13 AM
been playing cod 4 recently too. i really havent even touched mw2 in a while.
does anyone else find that sniping is alot more difficult in mw2? like, i feel like the layout of the maps in mw2 combined with the superiority of assault rifles makes sniping less effective than it was in cod 4. in cod 4 i can pick a sniper rifle, run around, and get a very decent k/d. in mw2 i find that its difficult to manage anything with a sniper rifle without just camping (or quick scoping, but fuck that and fuck you if you do that).

then i find that the fal in mw2 is SO much more easy to use than the g3 and the m14 in cod 4. aiming and staying on target feels so much easier on mw2 than it does on cod4. does anybody else notice things like that? keeping in mind that i play on a 360.

also, worked on all of my LMGs in cod 4 and got a gold m60. <3 gold stuff. just another reason not to play mw2. why did they ever take those out? AND WHY did they take out the m60? i loved the m60.

E: and light machine guns feel totally useless in mw2, like assault rifles completely trump them in terms of firepower, mobility, reload time, and accuracy. again, anybody else feel this way?

Pooky
May 13th, 2010, 01:15 AM
Yeah, sniping in MW2 is terrible. For one thing, there's only one bolt action rifle. Furthermore, that one bolt action rifle has more idle sway, a lower rate of fire, and a smaller magazine size than the M82 (with roughly the same damage). Combine all that with MW2's god awful hit detection and you may as well not bother.

TeeKup
May 15th, 2010, 12:47 PM
does anyone else find that sniping is alot more difficult in mw2? like, i feel like the layout of the maps in mw2 combined with the superiority of assault rifles makes sniping less effective than it was in cod 4. in cod 4 i can pick a sniper rifle, run around, and get a very decent k/d. in mw2 i find that its difficult to manage anything with a sniper rifle without just camping (or quick scoping, but fuck that and fuck you if you do that).

then i find that the fal in mw2 is SO much more easy to use than the g3 and the m14 in cod 4. aiming and staying on target feels so much easier on mw2 than it does on cod4. does anybody else notice things like that? keeping in mind that i play on a 360.

also, worked on all of my LMGs in cod 4 and got a gold m60. <3 gold stuff. just another reason not to play mw2. why did they ever take those out? AND WHY did they take out the m60? i loved the m60.

E: and light machine guns feel totally useless in mw2, like assault rifles completely trump them in terms of firepower, mobility, reload time, and accuracy. again, anybody else feel this way?

That's because MW2 is bad and caters to the idiots.

annihilation
May 15th, 2010, 01:31 PM

Sniping is something you need to practice.:iamafag: I know how stupid that sounds but it's true.
Imo it's not hard to kill someone that using an assualt rifle with a sniper.

ICEE
May 15th, 2010, 02:08 PM
Sniping is something you need to practice.:iamafag: I know how stupid that sounds but it's true.
Imo it's not hard to kill someone that using an assualt rifle with a sniper.

... If they don't see you.

Cortexian
May 15th, 2010, 02:29 PM
It's not hard to kill someone with an AR using a Recon class period, unless you're bad.

Inferno
May 15th, 2010, 02:30 PM
The only way to snipe in MW2 is with the M21 EBR Acog. I personally set up my class "Offensive Sniper" M21 EBR Acog + USP.45 FMJ + Stuns + Claymore + Marathon Pro + Stopping Power + Steady Aim/Ninja. Firing in 2 shot bursts from the M21. I have a 1000 kills with both guns and I get a rough 3 to 1 KD with that load out. Mind you I'm on PC so my aiming is a lot faster and accurate with the acog.

But the last time I played was nearly 4 months ago. The game is shite in comparison to CoD4.

Pooky
May 15th, 2010, 03:52 PM
It's not hard to kill someone with an AR using a Recon class period, unless you're bad.

Its not hard, its just bullshit. Bad netcode, horrible hitboxes, overdone idle sway (especially on the intervention). The biggest annoyance is that IW decided it would be a great idea to make ARMS a seperate hitbox, and furthermore to make it where your sniper shots cant penetrate the arms and hit the chest. Therefore, hit markers out the ASS when trying to snipe people that are sprinting perpendicular to you.

Also any post that has something along the lines of "get better, you are bad" makes you sound like a complete tool. Learn to debate intelligently.

annihilation
May 15th, 2010, 04:06 PM
... If they don't see you.

That's the point of sniping. Stealth.
If you get spotted then you're outta luck.

ICEE
May 15th, 2010, 10:38 PM
That's the point of sniping. Stealth.
If you get spotted then you're outta luck.

"UAV online!"

Donut
May 16th, 2010, 01:07 AM
id also like to raise a large middle finger to the helicopter in cod4. my biggest (and really only major) gripe with that game is how a helicopter can see me and shoot me when im wearing a ghillie suit in some tall grass. case in point, i ran out with a dragunov acog, headshot some mofo with a shotgun, picked that up, took out a guy next to me, then i picked up his m60, and killed 2 more people coming after me. then what happens? helicopter kills me. i was like, "hi, i was trying to be a mock-up rambo there, and you just went and fucked it up" right into the mic. i think it heard me because the next thing it did was fly away.

oh and it seems like more assholes play mw2 then any other game on the planet. i just played 2 games in a row where the enemy teams strategy was, and i bullshit you not, camp every corner with heartbeats and grenade launchers. i used my fal class with cold blooded, one man army, and ninja with c4. they never heard me coming, and they never really understood what happened either. i can understand camping in a situation where youve got like 10 kills and are about to get an ac130, or like you hear somebody coming so you wait around a corner, but this is just fucking ridiculous.

HUGE gripe with every cod iv played: if you are looking over a wall, and your reticle is just above the wall, your shots will go over the wall. in 3rd person, only the top of your head is exposed. basically, it makes camping incredibly irritating, ESPECIALLY if you have a height advantage. i cannot tell you how often ill bit walking around, and suddenly get shot by some asshole whos sitting behind a wall like that. there is almost no way to kill them without them seeing you or without some kind of explosive. its crazy. the worst part is that that isnt a difficult issue to fix at all.

E: oh and the FUCKING hacking. what is with this god damn hacking all over the place? today i played against a kid who had a silenced mp5 with juggernaut, sleight of hand, and double tap. those are all red perks incase you arnt aware. and whats worse, every kill cam was laggy as fuck. his little perk things said he was using juggernaut, but he fired fast as fuck, and the reload was sped up. how the fucking hell am i supposed to compete with that?

TeeKup
May 16th, 2010, 01:30 AM
"UAV online!"

If you're sniping and DON'T have coldblooded/UAV Jammer you're just an idiot.

Donut
May 16th, 2010, 02:28 AM
^ which is why dragunov ftw. its damage multipliers make one shot kills possible, while also pretty much invalidating stopping power. it also makes it really easy to get up behind enemies and get easy headshots since i can just use UAV jammer instead of stopping power like every other person uses.

i pretty much never use stopping power. having the drop on people is by far the best way to go imo.

Inferno
May 16th, 2010, 04:16 PM
Of course all the pros actually use Sonicboom and Martydom. But that's a secret.

:tinfoil:

Donut
May 16th, 2010, 05:27 PM
^ and frag x3

Inferno
May 16th, 2010, 05:37 PM
^ and frag x3

And don't forget Last Stand and Juggernaut!

=sw=warlord
May 16th, 2010, 06:03 PM
And don't forget Last Stand and Juggernaut!

x3 frag over rides juggernaut.
Anyway, grenade launcher,Scavenger Pro, danger close pro and javelin are the pro ways to go about things.

Donut
May 16th, 2010, 06:05 PM
frag x3 is blue, juggernaut is red.

BUT WHO CARES? BRING IN THE MULTIPLE PERK HACKS! WE WILL HAVE ALL PERKS AT ONCE!

E: on a serious note though, i tried googeling multiple perk hack and read some shit about "secret" perks you get when youre a 10th prestige? nobody knew how to form a proper thought on those boards, but from what i gathered, people think that there are hidden perks because grenade launchers and grips replace your blue perk spot, and therefore on the killcam only a red and yellow (or is it green? idk) perk is shown. people are dumb.

Inferno
May 16th, 2010, 06:17 PM
Derp-A-Lerp

My secret perk is having a M16 as my Primary and Stopping Power on all 3 of my other perks. And stopping power as my secondary weapon.

BTW that post was just for you pooky.

Pooky
May 16th, 2010, 08:23 PM
You forgot the Stopping Power launcher x2. (Stopping Power is the worst perk for shitty players)

ICEE
May 16th, 2010, 08:26 PM
If you're sniping and DON'T have coldblooded/UAV Jammer you're just an idiot.

orrrr you havent unlocked it yet

Inferno
May 16th, 2010, 08:37 PM
orrrr you havent unlocked it yet

Or you are a offensive sniper.

:smug:

Donut
May 16th, 2010, 08:48 PM
or youre really sick of mw2s shitty sniper rifles that refuse to make 1 shot kills without stopping power.

Inferno
May 16th, 2010, 08:55 PM
Because we all know that real 50 caliber sniper rifles aren't powerful enough to kill people in 1 shot. That's just dumb.

annihilation
May 16th, 2010, 09:32 PM
or youre really sick of mw2s shitty sniper rifles that refuse to make 1 shot kills without stopping power.

All of them are 1 hit kill, even without stopping power. If you hit them in the head or chest.
And excuse IW for not wanting to pull some gay ass GoW shit and down you when you get shot in the leg or arm.

Cortexian
May 16th, 2010, 10:24 PM
Go play ArmA if you want realism.

Go play BFBC2 if you want to have fun.

Play MW2 if you want to hang out with bad kids from Xbox Live.

Amit
May 16th, 2010, 10:30 PM
And excuse IW for not wanting to pull some gay ass GoW shit and down you when you get shot in the leg or arm.

You know, if you get hit in the leg by a .50 Cal rifle in real life, you're probably dead.

annihilation
May 16th, 2010, 10:36 PM
Which would make the game even gayer than it already is.

Pooky
May 16th, 2010, 11:36 PM
All of them are 1 hit kill, even without stopping power. If you hit them in the head or chest.

Uhhhhh... no.

Have you even played MW2 at all?

annihilation
May 16th, 2010, 11:38 PM
Yes.
I use Cold Blooded pro on all my sniper classes. And I still get 1 hit kills in the head and chest.

Pooky
May 16th, 2010, 11:39 PM
Yes.
I use Cold Blooded pro on all my sniper classes. And I still get 1 hit kills in the head and chest.

Gee I guess you never use the M14 EBR then :downs:

Rook
May 17th, 2010, 12:21 AM
Intervention and 50cal are the only 2 sniper rifles what are you talking about pooky

Cortexian
May 17th, 2010, 12:48 AM
when is someone getting me a PC copy of this game :)

paladin
May 17th, 2010, 01:56 AM
Hardcore is 1 hit kills with all snipers... thats why I play it.

sevlag
May 17th, 2010, 08:30 AM
Hardcore is 1 hit kills with all snipers... thats why I play it.
which is kind of silly if you get shot in lets say the god damn foot?

The AUG should have been what it was intended for, an assault rifle

as for sniping all ya need is thermal and a big enough TV to go to town

Cortexian
May 17th, 2010, 04:55 PM
which is kind of silly if you get shot in lets say the god damn foot?
I'd love to see how you wouldn't die after having your foot and most of your shin removed by a Barrett or CheyTac, you realize there are some pretty major veins and arteries in your legs right? You'd just bleed out instead of dying as fast as you would via a chest or head shot.

sevlag
May 17th, 2010, 05:20 PM
I'd love to see how you wouldn't die after having your foot and most of your shin removed by a Barrett or CheyTac, you realize there are some pretty major veins and arteries in your legs right? You'd just bleed out instead of dying as fast as you would via a chest or head shot.
how ab out being shto in the foot with an M( sidearm, what im getting at is HC isnt all that more realistic than normal modes... just turns guns into basically 1 hit kill weapons (great for getting the challenges done so IM not all that complaining)

annihilation
May 17th, 2010, 05:29 PM
.50 cals are no joke.
The size of the bullet only increases the chance of it hitting an artery or veins.
Besides even if it did miss, the .50 cal is very powerfull and the shock will deal with you.

Cortexian
May 17th, 2010, 06:29 PM
This is pretty unrelated, but I actually remember reading a story somewhere about some soldier getting shot in the foot/leg with a large caliber bullet. The force swept his legs back so fast that when is skull his the ground it killed him. Not that this is something you need to worry about in video games, but it's a good reason to always wear your helmet, even if it wont stop a certain type of bullet!

Donut
May 18th, 2010, 02:58 PM
well, i was just making light of a serious gameplay issue, and it turned into a "this isnt realistic so it should be fixed" discussion.
every time i hear people complain about barrets getting hitmarkers in a call of duty game i die a little inside. i dont mean to call anyone out, but its a VIDEO GAME. balance is more important than realism.

that being said, its kind of important to make stopping power manditory for 1 hit kills with snipers in mw2 because the maps are so much bigger and easier to camp on in mw2. in cod4, if somebody is sniping, you can usually get around back and take them out because theres a limited amount of cover for campers. the 1 shot kill was acceptable in this situation. in mw2, the size of the maps combined with the shitty layouts (yeah FUCK YOU highrise. make it a little easier to camp my spawn) justify having to give up cold blooded to snipe. less people use UAVs, and you can camp. thats just my take on the situation.

ICEE
May 18th, 2010, 03:04 PM
bc2 sniping superiority. Realism AND gameplay.

rossmum
May 18th, 2010, 03:26 PM
.50 cals are no joke.
The size of the bullet only increases the chance of it hitting an artery or veins.
Besides even if it did miss, the .50 cal is very powerfull and the shock will deal with you.
there is no killer .50 bmg shockwave and whoever perpetuates that retarded myth ought to be shot with one themselves

if it hits you, yes, you'll be all kinds of fucked up. if it misses, even within a fraction of an inch, you'll just be shitting yourself. the thing is that in real life, being hit in the foot or arm may not kill you (it may not even cause any lasting damage), but a bad enough hit will make you combat ineffective. as i'm sure 99.9% of gamers would have a fit if they had to lie on the ground bleeding and unable to make ~SiCk SnIpA hEdShOtZ~ for more than a few seconds, most games simply expedite your return to the battlefield by 'killing' you.

fuck, even ro does this. watching new ro players is fun because as well as the dumb questions ("where's the crosshair", "how do i bunnyhop", "where's the ammo meter", etc.) they also get a shock introduction to ro's take on battlefield clearance. shoot someone in the leg, and they piss blood from their femoral artery and die. realistically, it'd take a few minutes, but the game does show (rather graphically too) what would actually be going on.

apologies for the tangent i have had literally no sleep

e/ while i love the shit out of bc2, if you honestly think it and realism belong in the same sentence you are seriously deluded. go outside

Cortexian
May 18th, 2010, 03:54 PM
I think he was referring to physical shock rossmum, not a "shock wave".

Inferno
May 18th, 2010, 04:24 PM
there is no killer .50 bmg shockwave and whoever perpetuates that retarded myth ought to be shot with one themselves

if it hits you, yes, you'll be all kinds of fucked up. if it misses, even within a fraction of an inch, you'll just be shitting yourself. the thing is that in real life, being hit in the foot or arm may not kill you (it may not even cause any lasting damage), but a bad enough hit will make you combat ineffective. as i'm sure 99.9% of gamers would have a fit if they had to lie on the ground bleeding and unable to make ~SiCk SnIpA hEdShOtZ~ for more than a few seconds, most games simply expedite your return to the battlefield by 'killing' you.

fuck, even ro does this. watching new ro players is fun because as well as the dumb questions ("where's the crosshair", "how do i bunnyhop", "where's the ammo meter", etc.) they also get a shock introduction to ro's take on battlefield clearance. shoot someone in the leg, and they piss blood from their femoral artery and die. realistically, it'd take a few minutes, but the game does show (rather graphically too) what would actually be going on.

apologies for the tangent i have had literally no sleep

e/ while i love the shit out of bc2, if you honestly think it and realism belong in the same sentence you are seriously deluded. go outside

What is RO?

teh lag
May 18th, 2010, 04:28 PM
Red Orchestra.