PDA

View Full Version : My Music

Gwunty
August 30th, 2010, 12:06 AM
So, as some of you might know I make music, electronica to be more specific, ive recently started to fuck around and make classical pieces and I wanted a place to get some crit, so I came here.

Here's my first piece, Piano Sonata No. 1 in E Minor (http://soundcloud.com/experimentalmusicgwunty/piano-sonata-no-1-in-e-minor)

Enjoy.

ThePlague
August 30th, 2010, 01:11 PM
Where the hell have you been?

Also pretty interesting music. I'm not too into it, but it sounds nice.

Skarma
August 30th, 2010, 03:06 PM
I love it.
Do you take music theory course studies and is there more movements to this piece?
The only thing I wasn't fond of was the amount of space between notes in the introduction/slow part and between the triplets. Try adding something low octave in there?
I know Sonatas are slow because they are typically the first movement but damn I think I fell asleep before the song developed lol

Futzy
August 30th, 2010, 06:15 PM
More.

Cagerrin
August 30th, 2010, 07:04 PM
I love it.
Do you take music theory course studies and is there more movements to this piece?
The only thing I wasn't fond of was the amount of space between notes in the introduction/slow part and between the triplets. Try adding something low octave in there?
I know Sonatas are slow because they are typically the first movement but damn I think I fell asleep before the song developed lol
Yeah, it feels a bit too slow.

(now do it in E Dorian)

FRain
August 30th, 2010, 07:16 PM
Holy shit.

Good stuff. Now orchestrate it.

Gwunty
August 30th, 2010, 07:17 PM
I love it.
Nope, I have never taken any sort of music course, outside of half a semester of fucking around in guitar beginning 1 in high school. Ive learned everything by myself.
Thanks for the praise, and ill keep that in mind while writing the second movement.

Holy shit.

Good stuff. Now orchestrate it.
I'm actually writing some notes into midi for my second movement, and then playing them off a virtual instrument, since I cant play anything besides piano. Right now I just need get the tempo issues down so I can play along with piano to my virtual violin.

Inferno
August 30th, 2010, 07:39 PM
I love this kind of music. It's sincere and exciting but still has a very slow and sad sound to it.

Or at least that's what I get out of it. I have a few albums where they mix this type of work with electronica or chip/tech. It's great stuff.

Gwunty
August 30th, 2010, 07:59 PM
In case anyone cares, here is a small sample of some the electronic stuff I do. (http://soundcloud.com/experimentalmusicgwunty/sample)

Enjoy