PDA

View Full Version : Televisions

INSANEdrive
September 6th, 2010, 06:47 PM
Good Day Modacity!

I'm currently in ( or should I say have been ) the market for a Television. A real...mancave worthy one. RAWR! :P

I'm currently in a bind as far as decision making has gone, and I'm hoping the lot of you can assist me in my venture either with technology expertise or being an owner of such a system, worthy and capable of playing video games quickly, cleanly, and beautifully.

That's not to say I have done my research on the matter. (http://www.cnet.com/4504-4_1-0.html?tag=tbRvpCoco&techProdId=34122871&techProdId=33957044&techProdId=34083350)

It's unfortunate that I have still been unable to make a decision, with Reach around the corner and all, but at these prices ( $2,500 and Below ) be they on line or in-store, one wants to make sure and do the very best one can in making the final call so I can get the most Bang for the Buck.

I have been looking for LED-LCD with "local dimming" that's in the 50" range and is below the price point specified, but at this point I'm up for just about anything (NOT PLASMA!). If you have a set that you feel I should give a look at, post up its Model Number and I'll give it a gander.

Much thanks,

INSANEdrive

sdavis117
September 6th, 2010, 06:56 PM
http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/product.jsp?productId=prod1510564&navAction=push

Get that. Do it. I have one, and it is just the most amazing television I have seen, ever, of all time. When I was watching Dark Knight it felt like I was looking through a window it was so clear and brilliant.

iizahsum
September 6th, 2010, 09:02 PM
OH GOD YES, I have a vizio a bit smaller than that one, and it is the most beautiful thing ever.

Syuusuke
September 6th, 2010, 09:45 PM
Wow thanks for linking me that, I'm definitely going to get that

hry
September 6th, 2010, 11:24 PM
Why not plasma?, the colors of the plasmas tvs are better than lcd.

sdavis117
September 6th, 2010, 11:33 PM

We are talking LED's here, and Plasma televisions have their drawbacks. One, if a Plasma TV stops working, you are screwed, second off, Plasma is horrible if you have it in a bright room.

hry
September 7th, 2010, 12:03 AM
Well yeah yeah and fukin screen burn.

paladin
September 7th, 2010, 12:08 AM
plasmas have superior picture quality

INSANEdrive
September 7th, 2010, 06:56 AM

Because I'm Crazy and I don't want a Plasma Tv. That said, sdavis117 thank you for the suggestion. That TV is actually one of the three I have been looking at online but have been unable to see for my self. Looks like I will be taking a trip to Sams Club.

Pyong Kawaguchi
September 7th, 2010, 10:35 AM
Whats the best, monitor sized, LED tv thats 1080p?
I'll have some money soon and I've heard led tv's are fantastic.

sdavis117
September 7th, 2010, 11:38 AM
http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/product.jsp?productId=prod1510514

Pyong Kawaguchi
September 7th, 2010, 11:55 AM
Hows this?
http://www.amazon.com/VIZIO-M220VA-22-inch-Full-1080p/dp/B003CNTZ6W/ref=pd_cp_e_2
Its a better price, and will fit better on my desk.

SnaFuBAR
September 7th, 2010, 12:28 PM
Iirc vizio customer service blows like a vegas whore with aids. They don't honor their warranties and their picture quality is also pretty mediocre. Save and get a Panasonic, which is superior in every way. Stay away from Sony tv's as well. They break constantly.

also, wrong section, moved to the right one.

sdavis117
September 7th, 2010, 05:31 PM
Iirc vizio customer service blows like a vegas whore with aids. They don't honor their warranties and their picture quality is also pretty mediocre. Save and get a Panasonic, which is superior in every way. Stay away from Sony tv's as well. They break constantly.

also, wrong section, moved to the right one.

Never had any issue with Vizio support, plus I have yet to see any TV anywhere that can beat my 55" LED.