PDA

View Full Version : Dead Space 2 Multiplayer Revealed

PopeAK49
September 11th, 2010, 01:39 AM
Ya screw Halo Reach. This is going to be the best game ever.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-multiplayer-dead-space-2/704322

I know people would want to play as security, but I would want to be a necromorph and hunt the other team. Like hide behind a corner and then attack.

Nero
September 11th, 2010, 10:44 AM
That looks fun! I wonder what kind of game modes they can include with DS2 MP.

Amit
September 11th, 2010, 12:05 PM
Ya screw Halo Reach. This is going to be the best game ever.

You ain't serious, right? This looks like it could be a bit of fun, but Halo: Reach brings a lot more to the table than just the zombie game mode.

PopeAK49
September 11th, 2010, 12:37 PM
Ya I was kidding about Dead Space 2 multiplayer being better than Halo Reach, but in terms of single player dead space 2 will probably win.

Amit
September 11th, 2010, 05:08 PM
Dead Space is probably on par with F.E.A.R's first play scare factor for me. The music in Dead Space fucking gave me a pre-heart attack before the monsters even came running.

Phobias
September 13th, 2010, 01:27 AM
Dead Space is probably on par with F.E.A.R's first play scare factor for me.

By that I hope you mean they were both shit.

Amit
September 13th, 2010, 02:22 AM
By that I hope you mean they were both shit.

Are you telling me that you played the games by yourself, with the light off, with the surround sound turned up...and you didn't encounter any shit your pants moments?

TeeKup
September 13th, 2010, 02:59 AM
Looks awkward and clunky. Hopefully it will be fun. I have high hopes, I loved the first Dead Space.

Phobias
September 13th, 2010, 04:23 AM
Are you telling me that you played the games by yourself, with the light off, with the surround sound turned up...and you didn't encounter any shit your pants moments?

No, I had many occassions where I was incredibly startled, but only once in F.E.A.R where I was truly scared and running nearly blindly through that fucking school with the lights flickering. (at the time I had a broken fluro light in my room that was buzzing and flickered on occassion, started happening the moment the games lights did).

I don't care how people take this next statement; the only games that ever truly got to me were Silent Hill 1/2/3 and Cryostasis (fuck you icy scenarios, you are my weak point)

Ifafudafi
September 13th, 2010, 03:11 PM
No, I had many occassions where I was incredibly startled, but only once in F.E.A.R where I was truly scared and running nearly blindly through that fucking school with the lights flickering. (at the time I had a broken fluro light in my room that was buzzing and flickered on occassion, started happening the moment the games lights did).

You're talking about F.E.A.R. 2, which imho was much, much less scary save for that same scene. The first game, while less impressive on the action front, was infinitely better in regards to atmoshpere & scariness. Earlier Silent Hills and Cryostasis are legit though

The only time I've ever felt any sort of tension in Dead Space, however, was when I was fighting that thing that regenerates its limbs. Even then, that was some mild tension, not terror. It's a solid action game though and it was quite fun for a playthrough, so I'll probably check this one out, if only through a rental. As for multiplayer, I really don't see much value in it; it looks to me like a cheaper, clunkier version of L4D's versus.