PDA

View Full Version : Bad company 2 patch

ICEE
October 29th, 2010, 01:09 AM
All Weapons Bronze Insignia requiring an unobtainable bronze star for the tracer dart – requirement removed.
Improved Hit registration made through several fixes and some of the hitboxes themselves have been changed. This will increase the accuracy of guns.
Blue box chat window removed.
The 2 second immunity when spawning/being revived will now be immediately removed either by firing, zooming, or any movement (move, crouch, jump). A Spawning Player can still orient passively in the Game World.
3D vision fixed.
Fixed slug shotgun zoom crosshair on PC so they better represent the long range accuracy. Crosshairs now close more on PC, similar to consoles.
Reduced slug shotgun hip accuracy to require zooming for consistent long range accuracy. Hip accuracy is now on par with the semi automatic weapons.
Fixed a bug on PC where the G3 would do less damage than intended.
Fixed VADS turning sensitivity on PC so it performs like the ZU23.
Reduced VADS push back and damage to balance it with the ZU23.
Fixed a bug where vehicle countermeasures would fail to remove tracer darts at high speed.
Reduced the reload time for vehicle countermeasures.
Slightly increased the AT4's damage vs armor to emphasize its anti vehicle role while keeping it balanced vs armor.
Increased the AT4's top speed and acceleration so users spend less time exposed when firing.
Increased the AT4's splash damage so it competes with other AT weapons vs infantry. The AT4 still has the least splash damage of all AT weapons.
Reduced the splash damage of the Carl Gustav to bring it in line with other explosive weapons. The Carl Gustav still has the most splash damage of all AT weapons.
Increased the 1 shot kill range of the M95 body shot to counter its lower rate of fire.
Fixed a bug with the SVU that gave it better close range damage than other semi auto weapons.
Reduced all weapon damage to the MCOM by 50%.
Fixed an C4 vs MCOM exploit on Atacama Desert.
Fixed a bug with FOV when aiming the M1911.
Lowered the close range damage of the AN94 to highlight its long range role.
Increased the accuracy of the F2000 on the move to highlight its role as a mobile AR.
Increased the close range damage of the shotguns to give them a greater advantage vs slugs.
Slightly lowered the damage of the M60 to balance its accuracy advantage vs other LMG's.
Slightly lowered the damage of the MG3 at close range to balance it with other high rate of fire weapons
Slightly increased the damage of the UH60.
source (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-10-28-battlefield-bc2-pc-patch-incoming)
any of this shit make you guys happy?

Cortexian
October 29th, 2010, 02:13 AM
I want SPECACT shit on PC, this is all irrelevant to my interests.

Warsaw
October 29th, 2010, 02:50 AM
I thought the MG3 was fine. Aside from that, it doesn't make any sense to have a gun do less damage up close than it does at range...I thought Battlefield was generally supposed to simulate reality better than its primary competitor.

I do like the removal of the tracer dart requirement. I never use the thing, myself.

Amit
October 29th, 2010, 09:30 AM
I want SPECACT shit on PC, this is all irrelevant to my interests.

SPECACT is just an ugly coloured version of the highest weapon unlock in each category. I don't really understand why anyone would really want to use them. There are those player skins too, but they aren't that great looking. Also, I see people using the SPECACT weapon on many servers, I thought SPECACT was in PC already, but without player skins.

Cortexian
October 29th, 2010, 05:32 PM
SPECACT weapons have different skins then their regular counterparts. They're not in the PC version yet.

SPECACT skins are a great alternate form of camo depending on the map you're playing. Sometimes it's better to use a SPECACT camo than the regular one. They're not in the PC version yet.

TeeKup
October 29th, 2010, 11:45 PM
Reduce all weapon damage to MCOM by 50%? Why? Weapons did shit all anyway. The only way to kill an MCOM is either by planting its bomb, shooting it with a tank, or plastering it with C4. I prefer C4 because I also use it as a trap, whenever someome disarms it, I set off C4 and kill him and his surrounding allies. If C4 is included in that then fuck that. It still required like 14 C4 to blow up an MCOM anyway.

Cortexian
October 30th, 2010, 01:27 AM
It includes C4 specifically, it was never intended that C4 be able to blow up an MCOM. The only real way you're supposed to be able to blow it up fast is by arming it, or using tanks.

Amit
October 30th, 2010, 09:16 AM
I have yet to see anyone else try to blow it up without using an armoured vehicle or activating it. I don't really understand why that part of the patch is really necessary. I've tried it before and 7 C4 packs weren't enough to do it. I killed an assault dude, threw down his rearm kit, and took my recon class back to do it. No real point to using C4 before, even less now. I guess it doesn't really matter, then.

TeeKup
October 30th, 2010, 09:50 AM
Me and Metroid uses to rush MCOM stations with C4 using the Extra Ammo spec. We got it done fairly quickly.

Warsaw
October 30th, 2010, 10:01 AM
So you are the type of player that comes sprinting at my MCOM only to get mowed by my machine gun, eh?

Pooky
October 30th, 2010, 01:00 PM
C4 was much more efficient than arming the MCOM. Like teek said, 2 people rushing with C4 could have 90% of the station health off before anyone knew what the fuck.

Amit
October 30th, 2010, 04:24 PM
Only works when two people do it together. I play with strangers and nobody will heed me.

TeeKup
October 30th, 2010, 07:29 PM
Why would you play BC2 with strangers?

So you are the type of player that comes sprinting at my MCOM only to get mowed by my machine gun, eh?

Nope, we stealth from behind.

Bastinka
October 30th, 2010, 07:34 PM
Weren't they making a Vietnam version of this or something? Will that be a gaemode or a stand-alone game?

Cortexian
October 30th, 2010, 10:38 PM
You're not supposed to be able to ninja MCOM's with C4 like that, they stated that during beta when a single person with the extra C4 and Recon class could do it themselves. The only viable way to do it should be by arming it, all the other methods are pretty cheap imo.

Warsaw
October 30th, 2010, 11:20 PM

Nope, we stealth from behind.

You're delusional, brosef. =รพ

Mr Buckshot
November 1st, 2010, 12:18 AM
Gah, where is the SPECACT? I only have 48 of the 50 insignias because the specact is not on PC yet.

Amit
November 1st, 2010, 01:33 AM

I don't have a large supply of friends who own the game...

Timo
November 1st, 2010, 01:39 AM
Same here. People on Aussie servers don't seem to be complete retards though, so I generally don't have many problems with stupid teammates.

Amit
November 1st, 2010, 01:10 PM
Most of the time its the enemy that's the problem. If the server's loading screen doesn't explicitly state that baseraping/spawn camping/attacking uncaps is not allowed, they will abuse it to the fullest extent. The only servers I can have the most fun on are the ones without vehicles.

Mr Buckshot
November 1st, 2010, 08:01 PM
I'd like to see a cap on the number of medics allowed on a team in any round. I've played on too many servers where more than half the team decides to play as the medic class and just run around racking up cheap points (heal/revive) and not actually trying to accomplish the objective. It pisses me off to see someone with 1 kill and 15 deaths getting in the top 3 scores for doing basically nothing.

(ok, I am guilty of over-using the medic class in order to quickly unlock the all-kits guns especially the G3, but that was only for a couple hours).

Timo
November 1st, 2010, 08:20 PM
What? I love those servers. You actually have a chance of being revived.

Warsaw
November 1st, 2010, 09:27 PM
I have no problem with medics. Also, are you playing hardcore mode? I've found that there is less shit in Hardcore Conquest than on Regular Conquest.

TeeKup
November 2nd, 2010, 01:41 AM
Phooey on all of you, I shall continue to abuse C4 as I see fit. To be fair though most of my time with C4 WAS against vehicles, or spotting an enemy squad in a building and laying C4 on the walls outside and killing everyone.

Haven't played since before the first update, but Medics can go die for all I care. Before the update, people were sniping with the M60, generally their only weakness were vehicles. I don't know how much they've been nerfed but the Medic class is by far the most abusable.

Amit
November 2nd, 2010, 08:05 AM
Medics are the most batshit annoying class next to snipers. I've been put up against two squads of medics in a single game before it's frustrating how they'll just keep reviving their team mates. In such a situation, I would either go medic myself and further screw up the game, or I would go assault and try to Rambo them. Usually neither works and we lose the round to fucking medics and snipers.

Cortexian
November 2nd, 2010, 12:04 PM
Medic team pissing you off? Use explosives and kill their friends!

Warsaw
November 2nd, 2010, 08:48 PM
Medic team pissing you off? Use explosives and kill their friends!

Pretty much this. The launcher works well. So does an M24 round to the face.

Teek: machine guns are still good at range, but they recoil enough now that you can't just spray the target and expect to hit him; I found bursting like with the assault rifles is the best way to work it. The good news is that most medics don't open up on you until you are within 30 to 50 metres, which makes it easy to get the drop on them. My only advice to you medic-grieved people is to use explosives and play more cautiously.

TeeKup
November 3rd, 2010, 02:00 AM
I'll need to teeter with my Engie some more...

Warsaw
November 3rd, 2010, 03:01 PM
One word:

tubes.

Amit
December 2nd, 2010, 02:19 AM
Has anyone played the new Map Pack 7 that ACTUALLY HAS NEW MAPS? Jesus fucking Christ it's about damn time. I've only played the classic BC1 maps Oasis and Harvest Day. Oasis is awesome. I love it. I've only played conquest on it, but it's design has me captivated. Harvest Day, not so much. The map is way too open and it's hard to hit anything unless using a sniper rifle. There are a lot of ground vehicles to traverse this large map and generally good combat. The other two maps taken from BC2 campaign I haven't had the time to play yet, but I'll try them out tomorrow.

ALSO! The new update also allows optics to be mounted on the all class M14 EBR and G3. I fucking raped with the M14+ACOG on Laguna Presa and Oasis. It's a great combo for an assault sniper.

Cortexian
December 2nd, 2010, 03:32 AM
Oh, that explains all the G3+ACOG hackers I saw in the game today.

TeeKup
December 2nd, 2010, 04:36 AM
What? You can get an acog on the M14 now? BRB...rebuying this game. Also Harvest Day was a pretty awesome map on BC1.

Warsaw
December 3rd, 2010, 01:17 AM
Has anyone played the new Map Pack 7 that ACTUALLY HAS NEW MAPS? Jesus fucking Christ it's about damn time. I've only played the classic BC1 maps Oasis and Harvest Day. Oasis is awesome. I love it. I've only played conquest on it, but it's design has me captivated. Harvest Day, not so much. The map is way too open and it's hard to hit anything unless using a sniper rifle. There are a lot of ground vehicles to traverse this large map and generally good combat. The other two maps taken from BC2 campaign I haven't had the time to play yet, but I'll try them out tomorrow.

ALSO! The new update also allows optics to be mounted on the all class M14 EBR and G3. I fucking raped with the M14+ACOG on Laguna Presa and Oasis. It's a great combo for an assault sniper.

I find that the T88 works rather well with the 4x or red dot as an Assault Sniper's primary.

Amit
December 3rd, 2010, 08:22 PM
I hate how the M14 only has 10 rounds in the magazine. It's supposed to be 20. It even says it has a 20-round magazine in the description for the weapon. :( Guess it would be a bit overpowered then, but still.

ICEE
December 3rd, 2010, 08:38 PM
The m1 has 8 rounds and I do fine. once I get a gold star with it I will be switching back to the m14 though

Warsaw
December 4th, 2010, 02:25 AM
I don't have the M1, but I like using it a lot better than the M14. The EBR system is gross.

Cortexian
December 4th, 2010, 02:40 AM
I think the EBR system is awesome, having actually used an M14 with and without it in real life as well. A bit heavier though iirc.

Warsaw
December 4th, 2010, 02:49 AM
It looks flimsy (I know it's not, but still), bulky, and like something an airsoft player would whore.

Amit
December 4th, 2010, 12:42 PM
It looks flimsy (I know it's not, but still), bulky, and like something an airsoft player would whore.

It's funny how most airsoft M14 EBR rifles are heavier than the real life thing. I guess it's when you add the magazine with all that heavy ammunition that the real gun is heavier than the airsoft versions.

ICEE
December 4th, 2010, 02:29 PM
I like the EBR system. I also like the classic m14. I like m14s. I've yet to fire one though, I don't know anyone who owns one. I've fired an m1 irl though, and its a lot of fun. Not as big as you might expect, and the recoil was not as hard as I thought it would be.

Amit
December 4th, 2010, 02:40 PM
I like the EBR system. I also like the classic m14. I like m14s. I've yet to fire one though, I don't know anyone who owns one. I've fired an m1 irl though, and its a lot of fun. Not as big as you might expect, and the recoil was not as hard as I thought it would be.

I would love to fire an M14 of any kind. I'm just wondering how much that recoil will hurt my shoulder. Hell, I'll even do with an M1A.

ICEE
December 4th, 2010, 02:42 PM
I'm not sure how it compares to an m1 in recoil. The cartridge is smaller, but then so is the rifle (I think?). The m1 didn't kick so hard. Hard enough that you definitely need to readjust your aim after every shot, but not painfully hard (talking to you mosin nagant). I can't imagine an m14 kicking too much harder than that, especially since it was originally designed for fully automatic fire

Amit
December 5th, 2010, 01:03 AM
I'm not sure how it compares to an m1 in recoil. The cartridge is smaller, but then so is the rifle (I think?). The m1 didn't kick so hard. Hard enough that you definitely need to readjust your aim after every shot, but not painfully hard (talking to you mosin nagant). I can't imagine an m14 kicking too much harder than that, especially since it was originally designed for fully automatic fire

I dunno man, check this out:

mGX_jHAWiVU

Cortexian
December 5th, 2010, 01:04 AM
Meh, 303, 30-06, 308 (7.62), none of them kick that much. I'm used to firing big-game hunting rifles though, were the previously listed calibers are the norm and calibers like 30-378 and 338 win mag are pretty common as well.

I have to say that I like 7.62 the best out of all the different calibers of firearms I've used. I plan to get a Robinson Armament XCR (http://www.robarm.com/resources/products/xcrlstandardca/index.aspx) in 7.62 with 18.5" barrel for hunting, the Springfield Armory M1A is also on my list but it would actually be more expensive to get up here in Canada. Note that I linked the CA version of the XCR, I'd get something similar to conform with Canadian firearms laws and local hunting laws. I'd still get the folding stock and full magazine capacity (they just need to be pinned to only allow 5 in the mag).

Back to the M14/EBR... Most airsoft versions ARE heavier than the actual system for one simple reason. The airsoft versions are clones made with cheaper and heavier materials than the real thing, the manufacturing process is also different and different grades of metals are used. I'd never used an airsoft M14 EBR because they're usually heavier than airsoft M249 SAW's, if I wanted a heavy airsoft gun I'd get an M60. The real EBR is slightly heavier than a wood-stock M14, enough to notice when just holding it and certainly enough to notice when aiming it for a good while. However, all that rail space gives you a ton of places to mount QD sling attachment points and a bipod in order to spread out the weight.

I've fired three USGI spec M14's and one Springfield Armory M1A. Not sure what the exact specs of the M1A were but it had a synthetic black stock, I've also fired both the wood and synthetic stock M14's and the EBR. The EBR felt the most solid (weird, I know) when compared to any of the others. I'd definitely take it over the others for what I like in a gun. I've only ever fired semi-auto versions though.

TVTyrant
December 5th, 2010, 02:22 AM
I like all the new maps. Further developing the urban-village concept was an awesome idea.

On the cartridge talk, I don't really think the .338 Win Mag kicks that much either. I'm a 270+ pound man, so I've never really had a problem with rifle kick (haven't used the vicious jabbers like the 30-378 or anything yet though). Although buckshot annoys the shit out of me D:

Cortexian
December 5th, 2010, 02:59 AM
Yea the new maps are fun, the urban town design was done fairly well. Though the more buildings you have the more apparent the copy/paste design of them is.

Oh, 30-378 doesn't kick much so long as you're using a muzzle-break (why wouldn't you). The big problem is the insanely loud shot and the air getting sucked towards the muzzle when you fire. Feels like you're getting body slammed, and it's worse for anyone beside you.

TeeKup
December 5th, 2010, 09:07 AM
They brought back Oasis too? Harvest Day and Oasis by far had to be the best maps from BC 1. Heavy Metal was also one of my fav campaign levels. Picking the game game up today, I know most people here play it on the PC, but anyone on live my tag is Teekup. I feel like some matches.

Amit
December 5th, 2010, 01:32 PM
Yea the new maps are fun, the urban town design was done fairly well. Though the more buildings you have the more apparent the copy/paste design of them is.

This was very apparent the first time I jumped into Oasis.

ICEE
December 5th, 2010, 02:46 PM
Oasis is my new favorite map, panama canal holding a close second. It has lots of room, but also a ton of places to hide. It has enough road space for a light tank to maneuver fairly well, but it gives the engineer a fighting chance.

Love it.

Warsaw
December 5th, 2010, 05:41 PM
They brought back Oasis too? Harvest Day and Oasis by far had to be the best maps from BC 1. Heavy Metal was also one of my fav campaign levels. Picking the game game up today, I know most people here play it on the PC, but anyone on live my tag is Teekup. I feel like some matches.

I have it on 360. Von Krupp is my tag.

Amit
December 6th, 2010, 01:49 AM
I haven't played Panama Canal yet so I can't say how I'd like it, but Heavy Metal is my favourite out of the 4 new maps. What can I say? I just love blowing the crap out of the enemy with the helicopters. Harvest Day, I still don't like much, but the open map concept is great for sniping and rocketing vehicles. Oasis is still in my heart for one of the most beautiful maps in the game. I hope there are Rush variants. I have my server browser set to Conquest only right now, but I need to check back soon for Rush versions.

Cortexian
December 6th, 2010, 02:34 PM
I've come to the conclusion that the M14 with red dot or ACOG is overpowered.

This after being banned from 5 servers back to back for aimbotting.

ICEE
December 6th, 2010, 04:14 PM
maybe you should stop aimbotting then :D

Cortexian
December 6th, 2010, 04:49 PM
I wasn't actually aimbotting you tool. It's not my fault that the bullet penetration on the M14 is awesome, so I can take out squad mates as they spawn on a buddy all at once.

Warsaw
December 6th, 2010, 09:38 PM
Magnum ammo = bullshit.

Cortexian
December 6th, 2010, 10:52 PM
You're right they should replace it with white phosphorus ammo.

Warsaw
December 6th, 2010, 10:59 PM
Hurr. Seriously though, they should just get rid of it entirely. It's not like it takes oodles of ammunition to kill someone anyways, there's no point to Magnum Ammo. All it does is allow snipers to be poor shots and people to blast you away across impossibly huge distances using a shotgun. A fucking shotgun.

ICEE
December 6th, 2010, 11:12 PM
I say fuck both magnum ammo and body armor.

that said, as long as they are both in the game I will continue to use them.

Amit
December 6th, 2010, 11:41 PM
I wasn't actually aimbotting you tool. It's not my fault that the bullet penetration on the M14 is awesome, so I can take out squad mates as they spawn on a buddy all at once.

The M14 was designed to do that in Vietnam. I'd like it if they lowered the damage it dealt and bump it up to a 20-round magazine.

Hurr. Seriously though, they should just get rid of it entirely. It's not like it takes oodles of ammunition to kill someone anyways, there's no point to Magnum Ammo. All it does is allow snipers to be poor shots and people to blast you away across impossibly huge distances using a shotgun. A fucking shotgun.

Yesterday I was playing on Harvest Day defending a barn/warehouse building and I got shot through a window. I wasn't surprised until I saw that the weapon that killed me was a shotgun. Okay, it happens, but wait! The camera shows this dude hiding in trees a 5 second drive with the buggy away from me. How the fuck did he do that? Oh right, magnum fucking ammo.

Cortexian
December 6th, 2010, 11:47 PM
Yea, I've been sniped with a shotgun/mag ammo from one point to another on atacama desert (sp?). It's dumb.

Warsaw
December 7th, 2010, 12:18 AM
I say fuck both magnum ammo and body armor.

that said, as long as they are both in the game I will continue to use them.

I don't even have either of them, which makes it doubly bullshit...so many kills cheated out of. :saddowns:

ICEE
December 7th, 2010, 12:30 AM
lame man.

Also, I've experimented with the m14's new attachments.. I don't like them. I feel like I hit much more plainly when I iron sight. I hipfire 60% of the time anyways, may as well carry an extra grenade instead. Now the G3 is another story... I definitely like the red dot on the G3.

TVTyrant
December 7th, 2010, 01:45 AM
I can't wait to get the M14

TeeKup
December 7th, 2010, 02:18 AM
The M14 was designed to do that in Vietnam. I'd like it if they lowered the damage it dealt and bump it up to a 20-round magazine.

Yesterday I was playing on Harvest Day defending a barn/warehouse building and I got shot through a window. I wasn't surprised until I saw that the weapon that killed me was a shotgun. Okay, it happens, but wait! The camera shows this dude hiding in trees a 5 second drive with the buggy away from me. How the fuck did he do that? Oh right, magnum fucking ammo.

He was also probably using slugs as well, you can practically snipe as long as you have slugs. Give a slug shotgun magnum ammo and its just ridiculous at range. I'm surprised no one has called BS on the Neostead 2000 in the past for being OP, cause to me it is.

Warsaw
December 7th, 2010, 03:55 AM
That's because the Neosted has pretty much the same stats as the pump shotgun and the SPAS. What makes it bullocks is the magnum ammo.

Also, does the slug upgrade appear in the death report? If so, then it's not slugs that are fucking me up the ass from a range, it's regular shot with magnum upgrades.

TeeKup
December 7th, 2010, 05:26 AM
Not entirely sure, I'll keep my eye open.

Played a few games on Heavy Metal. It can be love or hate with it for me. First game I was being spawn camped by an apache and stolen havoc. Second view games I managed to get out of my spawn using an abrams, was immediately harassed by a Hind until I shot the fucker down with my main gun (dumbass flew too low.)

Stalemated over point B due to snipers, and heavy gun emplacements, and heavy tank activity. Attempted to flank using an abrams to lay heavy bombardment and I was stopped by the pesky Havoc. Teammates were too stupid to try and help, they just wanted to bum rush right into the tanks and snipers. Combat on foot is clearly not recommended as they didn't change any size parameters from the campaign. Map is a snipers dream.

Oasis is still fun nothing to mention about it. I DID forget on harvest day that the last 2 objectives can be flanked and camped like a mother fucker if you're defending. I swear I had attackers coming out of no where. First phases though are still fun.

Cortexian
December 7th, 2010, 01:01 PM
I like to laugh at all the people trying to snipe across Heavy Metal with inaccurate M82's while I bust their skulls open with my GOL.

ICEE
December 7th, 2010, 01:14 PM
Every time I play heavy metal, it feels so one sided. Whichever team has the better helo crew wins. That said, I did get reacquainted with a little lady known as the m24 on that map. Good stuff

Amit
December 7th, 2010, 05:10 PM
Every time I play heavy metal, it feels so one sided. Whichever team has the better helo crew wins.

I completely agree. I'm lucky the the only 4 times I've played the map, that I've managed to get paired with an excellent pilot.

Cortexian
December 7th, 2010, 06:24 PM
I am an excellent pilot. But I'm still learning to accurately shoot other helicopters out of the sky when in the Apache or Havoc.

Warsaw
December 7th, 2010, 08:05 PM
I like to laugh at all the people trying to snipe across Heavy Metal with inaccurate M82's while I bust their skulls open with my GOL.

M95*

Bullpup and bolt action. M82 is conventional configuration and semi automatic. Also, M95 is perfectly fine if you slowly squeeze the trigger...yes, believe it or not folks, that analogue trigger is good for something...o wait, PC version. Oops.

TeeKup
December 7th, 2010, 09:26 PM
Lately when in a Havoc or an Apache I tend to keep my distance, preferring to snipe targets with the rockets. Preferred Vehicle perk has always been optics so it helps a lot. Spot a lot of enemies from a distance so your gunner or ground allies tear them to shreds, and snipe tanks from a distance. If the tank doesn't have a gunner (competent or otherwise) he's essentially fucked.

Oasis is really good about this tactic.

ICEE
December 7th, 2010, 10:39 PM
I prefer being in the gunner seat on both tanks and helos. I don't like driving; I'm not great at it. Usually capable of taking down an enemy helo though from my own helo's bitch gunner seat

Amit
December 7th, 2010, 11:01 PM
Man I love using the canon to shoot down other helicopters. It's even cooler to attach a tracer dart to it and have your pilot use a hellfire on the helicopter. The craziest thing I've seen, though, is when I hit a tank in the middle of a village on Heavy Metal with the tracer dart, today. We were flying pretty low and the pilot didn't want to raise himself above the buildings for the tank to shoot him down. So what does he do? He looks at the tracer on his HUD, points the Apache right at it, then swerves to the right and fires the hellfire. I was like "WTF is he doing?" at first. Then I watched in disbelief as this thing curved and flew THROUGH a damaged building and then landed a killing hit on the tank. I was raping the chat with how awesome that was. Too bad I didn't manage to fraps it.

I can fly choppers just fine, provided I'm using my joystick, but I don't find the same joy of flying helicopters in BC2 like I had when flying in BF2.

Warsaw
December 7th, 2010, 11:31 PM
BC2 lacks jets. I like my jets.

Amit
December 8th, 2010, 12:57 AM
BC2 lacks jets. I like my jets.

I'm fine with BC2 not having jets. It would kill the style of gameplay that DICE aimed for in the BC series. I still love to do team bombing runs in BF2, though.

I'm eagerly awaiting BF3 info. I hope they don't butcher the game with "Modern" warfare. BF2 was that, and it did it well. It's time for something new that isn't too futuristic.

RedBaron
December 8th, 2010, 01:02 AM
Jets were OP in BF2. AA missiles, minigun, and AG bombs? Which ever team owned the skies owned the battle, on any map, always. A decent pilot could take out a whole squadron of tanks with just one bombing run. It was fucking awesome, no doubt, but for someone who preferred to be infantry, it was neigh impossible to make a difference on the battlefield. I guess that's why they got away from it starting in 2142.

I always wondered what would happen in BF2 if an entire team was very, very organized, say from a clan or even military training. Squads would be broken up based on unit types. The commander would truely be incharge, and the squads would follow orders precisely. Sniper squads, infantry squads, armor squads, and an airforce squad. Commander would spot and place objectives for the airforce to take out enemy armor or soften up a point. Orders would be given to the infantry to attack said point, and the ATVs/humvees would transport them. Tanks/snipers would provide support. Massive coordination and voice chat required. Sigh, one could dream...:allears:

So... how bout that BC2? I'm dying to bum rush a satcom solo with magnum ammo and M14:haw:

Amit
December 8th, 2010, 01:23 AM
We need to make a Modacity BC2 platoon. Then we can jump on a VOIP program, roll into a server, and fuck shit up like we own the place.

Cortexian
December 8th, 2010, 01:26 AM
I do that by myself, I think you scrubs would just get in the way and fly me into cliffs.

No but that'd be cool.

Warsaw
December 8th, 2010, 01:56 AM
Jets were OP in BF2. AA missiles, minigun, and AG bombs? Which ever team owned the skies owned the battle, on any map, always. A decent pilot could take out a whole squadron of tanks with just one bombing run. It was fucking awesome, no doubt, but for someone who preferred to be infantry, it was neigh impossible to make a difference on the battlefield. I guess that's why they got away from it starting in 2142.

I always wondered what would happen in BF2 if an entire team was very, very organized, say from a clan or even military training. Squads would be broken up based on unit types. The commander would truely be incharge, and the squads would follow orders precisely. Sniper squads, infantry squads, armor squads, and an airforce squad. Commander would spot and place objectives for the airforce to take out enemy armor or soften up a point. Orders would be given to the infantry to attack said point, and the ATVs/humvees would transport them. Tanks/snipers would provide support. Massive coordination and voice chat required. Sigh, one could dream...:allears:

So... how bout that BC2? I'm dying to bum rush a satcom solo with magnum ammo and M14:haw:

Wat.

Jets can't cap points. When I played, whichever team whored jets always lost because they didn't have the manpower to take and hold the capture points.

RedBaron
December 8th, 2010, 02:11 AM
? Out of the few maps that had jets that took up 2 seats, there would be at most 2 jets per team. That's around 2-4 players inside a jet at any given time on a team with a max of 32 players. That hardly makes a difference in manpower, unless a third of that team was camping on the battleship, waiting in line for the next jet spawn. Then they were just asking for an arty/bombing run.

Maps like Gulf of Oman, Dragon Valley, Operation Clean Sweep, and Wake Island 2007 were all about who had the best pilots.

E: Off topicness aside, I would love to do some BC2 with you guys. After finals that is.

Amit
December 8th, 2010, 02:42 PM
I should create a thread in Off-topic and keep an updated list of Modacity members with their in-game name and time zone. This way we can properly coordinate when we can play together.

ICEE
December 8th, 2010, 02:44 PM
I do that by myself, I think you scrubs would just get in the way and fly me into cliffs.

No but that'd be cool.

assuming that anyone would jump in your server :P

Cortexian
December 8th, 2010, 03:21 PM
Pfffft, I jump into any server I choose. Even ones I'm banned from (ban evasion ftw).

ICEE
December 11th, 2010, 02:02 PM
grrr, I'm trying to complete my bronze star collection... the only weapons I need (save an assault rifle or two) are the sniper rifles, and I just cannot make it happen with the semi automatic ones. they seem like m14's that are only useful if you stand still.

TeeKup
December 11th, 2010, 02:35 PM
The Type 88 works best with red dot or X4, I haven't used the SVU Short at all so I can't comment.

Warsaw
December 12th, 2010, 01:00 AM
The Type 88 works best with red dot or X4, I haven't used the SVU Short at all so I can't comment.

This. I do magic with the Type 88 and a red dot. The SVU is slightly weaker than the Type 88, so I don't really use it, but it performs about the same.

ICEE
December 12th, 2010, 02:19 PM
what is the benefit of the svu? it seems entirely inferior to the t88.

Warsaw
December 12th, 2010, 04:18 PM
It is inferior. The only benefit is that it doesn't leave a tracer trail (that I can see, anyways) since it's silenced. It's really moot since everyone knows where the decent sniper positions are anyways.

Cortexian
December 12th, 2010, 05:05 PM
Yea but if you're actually assault sniping and moving around that suppressor can come in handy.

Cagerrin
December 12th, 2010, 05:26 PM
suppressor
The guy who invented them called them silencers, hope that helps.

Cortexian
December 12th, 2010, 05:54 PM
To bad they don't silence, so that's extremely inaccurate. hth~

Warsaw
December 12th, 2010, 05:54 PM
Silencers and suppressors are the same thing, it just depends on what type of ammunition you are using. Don't try to go all technical on me, boi.

Doesn't make a difference even if shooting and scooting. You'll end up getting killed by that one random dude who happens to come your way anyways. Assault snipers with SVUs don't last any longer than those using the GOL or the Type 88.

ICEE
December 12th, 2010, 09:16 PM
Assault snipers with SVUs don't last any longer than those using the GOL or the Type 88.

This. I can confirm this.

I love this game, really I do. However, it has taught me one thing about myself; I am not a sniper.

Warsaw
December 12th, 2010, 10:10 PM
I can snipe, however I have to land head-shots since I don't have magnum ammo yet. Only a few thousand points to go.

Cortexian
December 13th, 2010, 02:04 AM
A good sniper with the GOL or M95 is invincible on any of the maps with decent sniper spots (or all of Heavy Metal). In that case it's a lot more effective to not shoot and scoot, might as well just stay in one place with a box of ammunition from a friendly Assaulter.

Also, they're all called suppressors, because last I heard a weapon still has an action, and that action slamming back and forth in a metal box makes a lot of noise. Irrelevant if you're a good ways away, but it's still pretty easy to hear at 100 yards.

ICEE
December 13th, 2010, 02:33 AM
I can snipe, however I have to land head-shots since I don't have magnum ammo yet. Only a few thousand points to go.

Magnum ammo does not make snipers a one hit kill. Not even the m95. Sorry man, thats as good as it gets.

Also, they're all called suppressors, because last I heard a weapon still has an action, and that action slamming back and forth in a metal box makes a lot of noise. Irrelevant if you're a good ways away, but it's still pretty easy to hear at 100 yards.

Ok. I am going to go ahead and make it clear that your semantic bullshit is annoying. "hurr this thread should be in off topic because I care for some reason". Also, your logic is fallacious. The name of the tool and the exact function do not necessarily coincide. It can be called a silencer and still only serve the function to suppress the sound and and flash to a lesser degree.

tldr: shut up

TeeKup
December 13th, 2010, 02:58 AM
Magnum ammo does not make snipers a one hit kill. Not even the m95. Sorry man, thats as good as it gets.

zjkG1J8JM-A

There are some good shots in there...the victims of those body shots probably weren't at 100% health.

Cortexian
December 13th, 2010, 03:48 AM
Ok. I am going to go ahead and make it clear that your semantic bullshit is annoying. "hurr this thread should be in off topic because I care for some reason". Also, your logic is fallacious. The name of the tool and the exact function do not necessarily coincide. It can be called a silencer and still only serve the function to suppress the sound and and flash to a lesser degree.

tldr: shut up
You're free to not read any or all of my posts, there are even features built into vBulletin to aid you in this feat.

Up here in Canada, I have never heard anyone in the military, law enforcement, or shooting community, refer to a suppressor as a "silencer". No such thing exists, and everything I've been told has pretty much stated that it's nothing more than a slang term. Sub-sonic ammunition further muffles the sound of a gunshot but the sound of the action is still very audible at a good distance. A suppressor only muffles or redirects the sound, in fact, it's exactly the same technology that's employed in car mufflers.

I put these facts in my posts to try and iron out other peoples bad habits and such, if you don't like it, and would like to continue being ignorant, feel free.

--------------------------

On topic, has anyone heard of a hack or tool that "stabilizes" or "auto-aims" helicopters in BFBC2? I was kicked and then eventually perma-banned from a 24/7 heavy metal server today for using this type of "hack". I'm pretty sure it was just a bullshit argument by a childish server admin that I kept out flying and shooting down in chopper-to-chopper combat in order to justify banning me. He made it sound like I was using a hack that functioned like a flying bot and aimbot all in one.

Just wondering if shit like that actually exists or if he was just being a cryhard.

Warsaw
December 13th, 2010, 04:03 AM
Never heard of it. Someone was probably butthurt about it.

Amit
December 13th, 2010, 09:45 AM
I highly doubt such a thing exists.

ghk
December 13th, 2010, 12:43 PM
A good sniper with the GOL or M95 is invincible on any of the maps with decent sniper spots (or all of Heavy Metal). In that case it's a lot more effective to not shoot and scoot, might as well just stay in one place with a box of ammunition from a friendly Assaulter..

only if theres no killcam...imho

ICEE
December 13th, 2010, 01:22 PM
There are some good shots in there...the victims of those body shots probably weren't at 100% health.

I'm pretty sure the m95 has undergone some nerfs. All I know is that I've been trying to get a bronze star with it, and it is not killing in a single shot even at point blank, unless I score a headshot

Cortexian
December 13th, 2010, 02:26 PM
The M95 will get 1 shot kills in the upper-half of the chest/neck/head. So you might as well aim for headshots anyway if you have the opportunity (like when you're counter sniping snipers that don't move around heh).

Warsaw
December 14th, 2010, 12:16 AM
I'm pretty sure the m95 has undergone some nerfs. All I know is that I've been trying to get a bronze star with it, and it is not killing in a single shot even at point blank, unless I score a headshot

All snipers were tuned to do less damage at close range, to discourage Modern Warfare-style of sniper abuse and to encourage people using them at long range, as is proper.

ICEE
December 14th, 2010, 01:04 AM
I finally got my bronze star with it using an acog. fuck the m95. None of the snipers really seem worth my time except the god damned m24.

Warsaw
December 14th, 2010, 02:02 AM
The GOL is better than the M24, I find. Slightly more reliable than it with shot-placement, and since you should be making head shots, that extra power for the M24 doesn't mean anything.

Amit
December 14th, 2010, 03:14 AM
Until I unlocked the GOL, the M24 was the only sniper rifle that seemed capable of getting the job done quickly and accurately. GOL dominates after that. I find that the M95's reload is so slow and the extra damage it does (?) seems almost non-existent. They say that the Mi-28 doesn't protect from .50 cal weapons. It would be damned hard to shoot somebody out of a helicopter with the M95 if you can't even kill them at point blank range with no armour between them and the bullet.

ghk
December 14th, 2010, 12:29 PM
Until I unlocked the GOL, the M24 was the only sniper rifle that seemed capable of getting the job done quickly and accurately. GOL dominates after that. I find that the M95's reload is so slow and the extra damage it does (?) seems almost non-existent. They say that the Mi-28 doesn't protect from .50 cal weapons. It would be damned hard to shoot somebody out of a helicopter with the M95 if you can't even kill them at point blank range with no armour between them and the bullet.
the m24 i find, is a perfectly acceptable sniper rifle (especially one that you first start out with)....the gol is a scootch bit better because i think its more acurate and the m95 was kinda a waste of an unlock ...you expect it to be a beast and its really not...
that being said , i have shot down a few choppers with the m95 :-)

ICEE
December 14th, 2010, 01:53 PM
I haven't toyed with the GOL enough to really call it my favorite, but using it came pretty naturally. Whats the deal with this other bolt action? it's the third unlocked sniper rifle, and it seems inferior to the m24 except in mag depth

RedBaron
December 14th, 2010, 02:51 PM
I prefer the M24 because I actually used the mil-dots. I guess it was a good training rifle to get you comfortable with the bullet drop. Once you got it down, you could basically visualize it on the GOL. Back when I was going through the sniper tree though, I just stuck with the M24 until the very end, never really used the GOL much, even though in theory it is the best in accuracy and has the thinnest crosshairs. I was sniping people from around 300m away with the M24 (the sniper bonus points for marksman shots is +1 for every meter past 100m, so i would be getting +170 points or so), very very satisfying.

ICEE
December 14th, 2010, 03:30 PM
it feels like sniper rifles are outgunned at all ranges by assault rifles, or even shotguns with slug rounds.

ghk
December 14th, 2010, 05:24 PM
it feels like sniper rifles are outgunned at all ranges by assault rifles, or even shotguns with slug rounds.
sniping with shotty slugs is hil-ar-ious....you would be amazed how far and accurate they are...

ICEE
December 14th, 2010, 07:01 PM
I have been amazed by it. Amazed in the head, from several hundred feet away :|

Cortexian
December 14th, 2010, 07:05 PM
They say that the Mi-28 doesn't protect from .50 cal weapons. It would be damned hard to shoot somebody out of a helicopter with the M95 if you can't even kill them at point blank range with no armour between them and the bullet.
Irrelevant, I snipe people out of all the helicopters with the GOL. Protip: Wait for them to hover somewhere and shoot them in the side of the head. I find shooting into helicopters from the side has a much higher chance of getting a 1 shot kill as opposed to shooting in from the front.

What's the largest Marksman Headshot you've all gotten? Mine was around +530 IIRC.

Warsaw
December 14th, 2010, 09:12 PM
I didn't realise that I got extra points from Marksman shots at all, so I never paid attention.

Just unlocked slugs. :iamafag:

Was amazing with the M870 from 200m away. Headshot, win. Even the Saiga is useful now.

ICEE
December 15th, 2010, 01:47 AM
Slug + magnum is even more ridiculous.

Warsaw
December 15th, 2010, 02:31 AM
That's what I was doing. Would never use slugs otherwise.